AccipiterF1-sama   Fansub TV Team Jan 08 2011, 03:35 PM Quote
user posted image
Title: IS: Freezing
Japanese Title: フリージング
Genre: action, science fiction
Premier: 2011-01-06
Animation Studio: A.C.G.T.
Director: Takashi Watanabe
Original Creator: Im Dal Young, Kwang-Hyun Kim (Manga)
Official Site: http://freezing.tv/
Episodes: 12

Opening Theme: "Color" by Aika Kobayashi
Ending Theme: (君を守りたい)" by MARiA

Cast:
Kana Hanazawa as Lana Linchen
Mamiko Noto as Bridgette L. Satellizer
Mitsuhiro Ichiki as Kazuya Aoi
Akeno Watanabe as Yumi Kim
Ami Koshimizu as Ingrid Bernstein
Aya Uchida as Tichie Fenille
Eri Kitamura as Ganessa Roland
Eri Mimura as Aika Takeuchi
Fumie Mizusawa as Elise Schmitz
Izumi Kitta as Cleo Brand
Kana Ueda as Atia Simones
Kazuyoshi Shiibashi as Leo Bernard
Mana Tsuzurahara as Audrey Duvall
Marina Inoue as Chiffon Fairchild
Natsuko Kuwatani as Miyabi Kannazuki
Nobuhiko Okamoto as Arthur Climpton
Rie Yamaguchi as Mackenzie Torisu
Rieko Takahashi as Sister Margarett
Rumi Ookubo as Kaho Hiiragi
Yuko Kaida as Elizabeth Maybury
Yuu Asakawa as Arnett Macmillan

user posted image

Plot:
Set in a slightly futuristic world where Earth has been invaded and is at war with aliens from another dimension called the Nova, the story follows the adventures of a Japanese boy named Kazuya Aoi who enrolls for training at a special school for genetically modified girls called Pandoras who battle the aliens, and their male partners, called Limiters, who use a special power called "freezing" to limit their opponent's mobility. The protagonist makes the acquaintance of an unusual older girl named Bridgette L. Satellizer who appears to be the most powerful Pandora in her class, but has not yet chosen a male partner to be her Limiter, and in spite of the warnings of all his friends, he decides to be her Limiter. (~from ANN~)

My Thoughts:
I've only seen the OP and ED so far, but they are well animated (not always a good sign for the series itself). I'm still waiting on some good subs. I've been reading the Manga, and yeah, it's a bit of an Ecchi Sci-Fi rip-off of Claymore, but the characters and the Bridget/Kazuya relationship are good enough to make it fairly compelling. And if you like buxom battling babes, you will not be disappointed with the ladies in this show.

user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"I have been blogging!" - The Monarch
From the Venture Bros. episode: Victor. Echo. November.
user posted image user posted image

Hiasubi-Kodomo no Jikan Whore   Fansub TV Team Jan 08 2011, 05:40 PM Quote
QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Jan 08 2011, 10:35 PM)
it's a bit of an Ecchi Sci-Fi rip-off of Claymore

HOW DARE YOU!!!!! Yes i can see the similarities but to call it a rip off is insulting and just harsh. Yes from that point of view its not orignal in its story but very few things are these days but to call it a rip off is unjistified.

But i do agree with you about the Bridgette and Kazuya relationship though but i think that also can possibly apply to the relationship (if devloped further) between (my god ive totaly forgotten their names) the one who battles bridgette at the opening festival and her limiter.

This is one of the few animes im looking forward to though, the manga is brilliant (not a rip off tongue.gif ) and im really liking Bridgettes back story so when some decent subs come out i can finaly follow it biggrin.gif

Top 5 Manga Currently Reading: {Updated - 17/12/2010}
1. Oniichan Control
2. Love Junkies
3. Kodomo no Jikan
4. Bakuman
5. Otaku no Musume-san

user posted image
user posted image

AccipiterF1-sama   Fansub TV Team Jan 08 2011, 06:39 PM Quote
Believe me, I meant rip-off in the nicest way. XD But there are waaaaaaaayyyyyy too many similarities not to point it out. However, since they all end with the basic premise - {manga spoilers} Women who fight a terrible enemy by taking parts of that enemy into their bodies {/manga spoilers} - That's OK.

user posted image
user posted image

Episode 1
Freezing @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Jan 08 2011, 08:52 PM

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Jan 09 2011, 05:18 AM Quote
Hmm, it reminded me of some other series. I am not sure if this series will be able to rise above being average. It needs to improve its story a lot to remain interesting. It looks like a pretty standard story until now.
Still the characters were nice and hopefully they can carry this series.
Let's wait for the next episode where this will lead.

Killer_Ossi-sama   Sempais Jan 09 2011, 09:26 AM Quote
The first ep looked really promising except for the end where that guy got all delusional.
It must be nice to have such a high technology to have a combat simulation like that.
I dont even want to know how entertainment in their world looks like, probably bloody too ^^

Characterwise I cant say much except that I really like Bridgette for now, both the looks and her character.

But the biggest riddle is why it airs in 4:3 format oO

My Animelist

Top 5 of currently airing TV-series:(03.06.11)
1. Deadman Wonderland
2. Steins;Gate
3. Dog Days
4. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
5. Tiger & Bunny
(long time runs not included)

franzoir-sama   Sempais Jan 09 2011, 03:31 PM Quote
Ugh. Animation was pretty standard, characters uninteresting apart from the protagonist Bridgette (maybe).

In the plot department, nothing too special. Kind of a pointless affair actually. There is always a hope that anime in general can transcend its mediocre designs through good character development. Unfortunately, that cant happen for me with this anime.

Any character development between Kazuya and Bridgette will be because he has a deep
sister complex. I just find that odd and creepy. I cant watch that.

I am trying to be heroic...in an age of modernity
I am trying to be heroic
As all around me...history sinks
So I enjoy
and I devour
Flesh and wine and luxury
But in my heart...I am lukewarm
Nothing ever...really
touches me

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.
user posted image
Best superhero show ever!

Kid-Wolf~Shrine Servant Won won~   Fansub TV Team Jan 09 2011, 09:49 PM Quote
Why are we having a whole bunch of brocon siscon series this season now? Well techincally there are only two that fit that setup so far, but never the less.

Anyways after seeing the first episode it kind of give's off a certain Elfen Lied vibe to it with people getting decapatated and mauled left and right. Although out of all that it's pretty much an all-female fight to see which one's are pretty much a high class fighter to protect the Earth it would seem.

Well to answer the 4:3 ratio issue it would seem that this may have been a stream for the iPhone or something around that order. Anyways the normal/widescreen version will be up in the next few days.

I'm giving this one a shot, and truth be told I honestly don't even know why I should as of now. blink.gif

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

Warsprite-chan   Jan 10 2011, 05:30 PM Quote
Terrible. Major setting problems.

They're being invaded by NOVA. Okay. Alien invasion, I'm with you there.

Except that the NOVA have awfully similar design to Angels from Evangelion. They have a hard external field that when projected can dematerialize objects (AT field anyone), and a large round ball for a "core" that must be destroyed to kill it (exactly like Evangelion again).

From the manga spoilers I've read, this seems like a cheap sci-fi mashup of Evangelion and Claymore. Again, F for originality. Cheap copies do not impress me.

So, now that we're being invaded, let's train some people to defend ourselves. Again, that bit makes sense at first but goes horribly wrong. Their "training" appears to consist of battles where large portions their prospective defense force gets seriously injured or die. Yeah, great way to build an army. Kill all your soldiers.

On top of that the heroine's motivation for brutality (don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy well-done brutality) was that she's freaked out by other people touching her. I get that she's supposed to be so high class that its unacceptable to even be touched, but that makes a really horrid motivation. So surface-level.

Animation was pretty bad, actually, especially for a combat anime. Partially this is due to the direction, which settles for shots of one character attacking, then another character getting hit, rather than showing the battle as a whole going on.

The art itself was also uninspiring. Very poor shading.

Nowhere near as good as Elfen Lied. No way, no how.

Xanadu-chan   Jan 10 2011, 07:33 PM Quote
QUOTE (Warsprite)
On top of that the heroine's motivation for brutality (don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy well-done brutality) was that she's freaked out by other people touching her. I get that she's supposed to be so high class that its unacceptable to even be touched, but that makes a really horrid motivation. So surface-level.

You probably didn't read enough spoilers if you think her motivation's surface-level. There is a reason for her not wanting to be touched but since I have no idea how the show will go in the manhwa, I'll just stop there
QUOTE (Warsprite)
Nowhere near as good as Elfen Lied. No way, no how.

I don't think anyone said anything about it being as good as Elfen Lied. All Kid-Wolf said is that it gave a vibe live E.L.

This post has been edited by Xanadu on Jan 10 2011, 09:42 PM

Kid-Wolf~Shrine Servant Won won~   Fansub TV Team Jan 10 2011, 11:05 PM Quote
Indeed it just gives off that feeling since in Elfen Lied there was lots of death, destruction, and whatnot in the most obvious of ways. In any case hearing that there have been girls dying in the trainning grounds makes me think this maybe the highest and most blodiest series as of late.

I mean saying it's just as good, or better, as Elfen Lied now would be kind of rude to both series if you ask me.

not really much of a fan of the gouro scene as this series might go by in some sence, but it kind of shows promise. Although for some reason I kind of want to see its predecessor Elfen Lied all the way though though to compare and contrast over this series for some reason.

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

AccipiterF1-sama   Fansub TV Team Jan 12 2011, 03:40 PM Quote
I finally got around to watching. I held out for a 16:9 version, but that was unfortunately censored. So that's the choice you have to make with this show. Watch it with horrible black bars on the side, but with boobies on full display, or watch it with the proper aspect ratio, but with black or light beams over the naughty bits. Or you could wait for the home video release.

Anyway, I thought they did a really good job in the first ep. of getting through the exposition in a fairly entertaining fashion. Now I think we can pretty much concentrate on the girl fights and relationship stuff from here on out. I was pretty damn satisfied with the quality of animation too. It as all the makings of a good watchable action show, but at 12 episodes, this is a pretty short series for how much Manga material there is for them to adapt. Which leaves me with big questions on exactly how they are going to do this. I hope they hold to a pretty straight adaptation of the Manga and leave things open ended for sequels. The worst thing they could do in my mind is what was done to Im Dal Young's Kurokami, where they pretty much threw the story out the window and did their own crappy version of it.

user posted image
user posted image

Warsprite-chan   Jan 12 2011, 04:18 PM Quote
@Kid-wolf: Sorry, I mistook what you were saying.

You probably didn't read enough spoilers if you think her motivation's surface-level.

I have read exactly 1 spoiler for the show. The manga could be the best thing in the world, I have no idea. I have not read the manga. Nor should I have to. It's not like I should have to read the manga (or spoilers) in order to be able to watch the anime and enjoy it wink.gif

I would actually be very pleased if the show proved my theory about her personal space problems wrong. Still, even if she's got something else going on, rape trauma or something deeper, killing people over it willy-nilly does seem a little absurd. She's clearly powerful enough to incapacitate them for attempting to touch her rather than killing them outright. I mean, she defeats every opponent in the first ep with one attack.

Hopefully this will change later in the series, but as of ep1, literally, the only emotion she displayed was her desire not to be touched. No sadness, no anger, no ambition, nothing else. As of ep1, her character is extremely flat.

While this is probably because they spent most of the episode developing the setting, it's hard to be interested when it's such a blatant copy-job so far. Hopefully it will get better.

This post has been edited by Warsprite on Jan 12 2011, 04:19 PM

Killer_Ossi-sama   Sempais Jan 12 2011, 04:48 PM Quote
I dont think she kills them because she doesnt want to be touched. For me she kills because its a war"simulation" and in a war you kill or get killed. That she doesnt want to be touched is just a trait but she wouldve killed everyone regardless of if they wanted to touch her or not. Killing is her job, it has nothing to do with her not wanting to get touched.

Hiasubi-Kodomo no Jikan Whore   Fansub TV Team Jan 12 2011, 04:56 PM Quote
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Jan 12 2011, 11:48 PM)
I dont think she kills them because she doesnt want to be touched. For me she kills because its a war"simulation" and in a war you kill or get killed. That she doesnt want to be touched is just a trait but she wouldve killed everyone regardless of if they wanted to touch her or not. Killing is her job, it has nothing to do with her not wanting to get touched.

Actualy to an extent it is because she doesnt want to be touched, she kills because she wants to be strong so no one can ever touch her if she can help it. She doesnt want to be touched because she was abused when she was younger so as a result se has a natural distain toward pysical contact even when there are occasions when she may want it.

Top 5 Manga Currently Reading: {Updated - 17/12/2010}
1. Oniichan Control
2. Love Junkies
3. Kodomo no Jikan
4. Bakuman
5. Otaku no Musume-san

user posted image
user posted image

Episode 2
Freezing @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Jan 15 2011, 08:23 AM

Killer_Ossi-sama   Sempais Jan 15 2011, 01:59 PM Quote
Ep 2 was pretty bad in my eyes, mostly because I totally cant stand Ganessa and her sh*tty attitude. Or Bridget beeing displayed as a fragile woman. Or the maincharacter. But mostly because of Ganessa. Too bad we will probably keep seeing her.

Other than that it was mostly just one long fight this ep which wasnt really bad but lacked intensity since it was pretty easy to know what would happen next.

I hope it gets better next week.
Oh and Miyabi looks pretty promising tongue.gif

My Animelist

Top 5 of currently airing TV-series:(03.06.11)
1. Deadman Wonderland
2. Steins;Gate
3. Dog Days
4. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
5. Tiger & Bunny
(long time runs not included)

AccipiterF1-sama   Fansub TV Team Jan 15 2011, 02:39 PM Quote
Yep, a pretty lame ep. A long fight with very minute plot advancement. And personally, I think that whole Ikkitousen exploding clothes thing gets old very-very fast. Especially since they changed Pandora Mode from power suits to glowing rings on the arms and ankles to ensure they could still blow the clothes off after they power-up. rolleyes.gif The only thing I really liked is how hard-assed, "untouchable queen" Bridget gets all todi-doki and blushes like a schoolgirl when Kazuya touches her. It's just too cute.

user posted image
user posted image

AccipiterF1-sama   Fansub TV Team Jan 19 2011, 12:44 PM Quote
Just because it's been bugging me. Anime vs. Manga Pandora modes:

user posted image user posted image user posted image

Transforming into body-armor is just so much cooler than glowing rings on the wrists and ankles, but unfortunately the animators are more concerned about showing skin than doing what is cool.

user posted image
user posted image

Xanadu-chan   Jan 19 2011, 01:25 PM Quote
I was wondering about the Pandora modes also. the manga version is better

Killer_Ossi-sama   Sempais Jan 19 2011, 01:46 PM Quote
Its better, but still not really good.

Warsprite-chan   Jan 19 2011, 02:01 PM Quote
QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Jan 19 2011, 12:44 PM)
Transforming into body-armor is just so much cooler than glowing rings on the wrists and ankles, but unfortunately the animators are more concerned about showing skin than doing what is cool.

Wow. Yeah. That would have been much more awesome than destructible clothing.

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll