Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Freezing, Im Dal Young = Oppai

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3 
nijlandp-sama   Sempais Jan 23 2011, 03:15 PM Quote
This episode 3 felt disappointing. We already know that Bridget is strong but now he also shows to be stronger than normal. It is too obvious for me. The only part which was interesting is to get to know why he has a special body...For the rest it looked like the writers only wanted to do fanservice sad.gif . That wouldn't be bad for this kind of series but this was really overdone.

Xanadu-chan   Jan 23 2011, 05:06 PM Quote
QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jan 23 2011, 03:15 PM)
...For the rest it looked like the writers only wanted to do fanservice sad.gif . That wouldn't be bad for this kind of series but this was really overdone.

While it did seem a little over done, with a bit of brutality removed, they're actually going with the manhwa pretty close.

Kid-Wolf~Shrine Servant Won won~   Fansub TV Team Jan 23 2011, 06:11 PM Quote
Ok with seeing the 3rd epiosde I have to say I'm not getting some of the things here aside from the 3rd years now have an excuse to go and pick a fight with Bridgett from here on out it would seem.

On another note I'm not even sure how this series got licensed after the second episode anyways. It boggles the mind. blink.gif

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

Xanadu-chan   Jan 23 2011, 06:43 PM Quote
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jan 23 2011, 06:11 PM)
On another note I'm not even sure how this series got licensed after the second episode anyways. It boggles the mind. blink.gif

That's just absurd. that's way too soon to license in my opinion. Was it Funimation?

AccipiterF1-sama   Fansub TV Team Jan 23 2011, 09:07 PM Quote
Yes, it's being streamed on Funimation starting Monday. I think they needed to replace Fractale with something after their producers spit the dummy and pulled their rights to stream the show because there were stream rips available on the web. Which means of course that everyone watched episode 2 done by fansubbers. Clearly a logical strategy. And Freezing was available, and they probably planned on licensing it anyway since they like the buxom battling babes thing having already done Ikkitousen and Sekirei, so why not?

Anyhoo... That episode was pretty much exactly how things were in the Manga with the addition of some extra gratuitous groping. Class rank is apparently a big deal at Genetics. Add that with the fact that having the stigma embedded in them tends to make the girls hyper-violent, and well... you have more excuses for chick-fights.

user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"I have been blogging!" - The Monarch
From the Venture Bros. episode: Victor. Echo. November.
user posted image user posted image

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Team Jan 23 2011, 10:04 PM Quote
When I saw the summary for this show, I thought the premise was interesting. Overall, having seen the first 3 episodes, they really could have done without all the fanservice. It probably would have been a better show. Now there are a few things that I'm still clueless about or rather find annoying after watching 3 episodes. The first being Satellizer's split personality. Why does she have such a soft side but then turns bipolar? It doesn't make logical sense if you ask me. It felt like watching Jyubei from Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls all over again, except there was a reason why Jyubei was like that. The other annoying factor in this show is Kazuya. He's a pathetic and an unmindful protagonist. He doesn't think before his actions and of course causes problems for everyone in the end result. As a character, he's not too interesting either consider he's the younger brother of the famous Kazuha so of course he's bound to have some "powers."

While the show's animation is better than I had anticipated, I don't like the whole "one character per episode deal" right now. They have yet to show an actual fight against a Nova. If the Nova is truly invading, one would think they would be combating something by now. All in all the development is poorly executed thus far and I really hope they ramp up the action soon but it doesn't look like next episode is of any help either. Regardless, the show isn't terrible as it shows some potential, but it is by means nowhere near good either.

Preliminary Expectation: Low
Preliminary Score: 6/10

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Jan 23 2011, 08:07 PM)
Yes, it's being streamed on Funimation starting Monday. I think they needed to replace Fractale with something after their producers spit the dummy and pulled their rights to stream the show because there were stream rips available on the web. Which means of course that everyone watched episode 2 done by fansubbers. Clearly a logical strategy. And Freezing was available, and they probably planned on licensing it anyway since they like the buxom battling babes thing having already done Ikkitousen and Sekirei, so why not?

Considering 9 shows had been taken by Crunchyroll this season and Anime Network has IS: Infinite Stratos, Funimation is kinda late in the game. It doesn't leave them with many choices. Starry Sky is a waste of time, Kimi ni Todoke 2nd season would do well but I.G. would probably have them pay for the first season license before the 2nd season is touched, Madoka Magica is SHAFT so that definitely was not happening, Yumekui Merry and Onii-chan are possible, but they are Funimation type titles. So that really left them with Freezing, but same logic could be applied here. The only thing Freezing probably had going for it that the other two did not was the action bit and you know how American audiences like fanservice and action over moe blobs dry.gif Funimation was probably trying to avoid conflicts with Crunchyroll to help broaden legal streams and even if they both licensed it, Funimation takes an additional week usually to air it whereas Crunchyroll has it ready by the actual premier date.

user posted image
user posted image
Watchlist Updated
Top 5 Ongoing anime (6/2/2011)
1) Ano Hana
2) Steins;Gate
3) Gosick
4) [C]
5) Hanasaku Iroha

Claims:
-Lacus (Gundam Seed/Destiny)
-Hayami (H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~)
-Priecia (Prism Ark)
-Fate (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's)
-Caro (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS)
-Yuuko Amamiya (ef ~A Tale of Memories/Melodies~)
-Yomi (Ga-Rei -Zero-)
-Nanaka (Myself; Yourself)
-Reika (Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun)
-Rika Furude (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/Kai)
-Hanyuu Furude (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai)
-Riko (Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~)
-Tamao (Strawberry Panic)
-Nagisa (Strawberry Panic)
-C.C. (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion)
-Makoto (Kanon 2002/2006)
-Mai (Kanon 2002/2006)
-Chikane Himemiya (Kannazuki no Miko)
-Kaon (Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora)
-Hazuki (Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito/Touka Gettan)
-Hatsumi (Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito/Touka Gettan)
-Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
-Nagi Sanzenin (Hayate no Gotoku)
-Hinagiku Katsura (Hayate no Gotoku)
-Yami (To Love-Ru)
-Mikan (To Love-Ru)
-Sora Kasugano (Yosuga no Sora -In Solitude Where We Are Least Alone-)
-Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia Knight of Ratatoskr)
-Haruka Nogizaka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
-Mika Nogizaka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
-Alistia Rein (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza)
-Kotori Shirakawa (Da Capo)
-Nanaka Shirakawa (Da Capo II)
-Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
-Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
-Sheryl Nome (Macross Frontier)
-Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier)
-Tomoyo Sakagami (Clannad)
-Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
-Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
-Index (To Aru Majutsu no Index)
-Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
-Mana (Gigantic Formula)
-Nagi (Kannagi)
-Yumemi Hidaka (Munto)
-Rina Ogata (White Album)
-Azusa Nakano (K-ON!)
-Nodoka Haramura (Saki)
-Amae Koromo (Saki)
-Kanade (Asura Cryin')
-Misao (Asura Cryin')
-Misaki (Hatsukoi Limited)
-Koyoi (Hatsukoi Limited)
-Excel (Kurokami)
-Rouge (Basquash!)
-Citron (Basquash!)
-Alice (Pandora Hearts)
-Ada (Pandora Hearts)
-Sengoku Nadeko (Bakemonogatari)
-Shizuku Sakurai (Candy Boy)
-Seika Houjouin (Princess Lover!)
-Airi (Queen's Blade)
-Mafuyu (Seitokai no Ichizon)
-Kaede Sakura (Kampfer)
-Chise and Chiho (Kobato)
-Belphegor (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Lucifer (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Frederica Bernkastel (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Kukuri Tachibana (11eyes)
-Nymph (Sora no Otoshimono)
-Mina Tepes (Dance in the Vampire Bund)
-Kureha Suminoya (Sora no Woto)
-Sylvette Suede (Letter Bee)
-Fumino Serizawa (Mayoi Neko Overrun!)
-Yui (Angel Beats!)
-Kanade Tachibana/Tenshi (Angel Beats!)
-Poplar Taneshima (Working!!)
-Togame (Katanagatari)
-Hitei (Katanagatari)
-Aoba Tsukishima (Cross Game)
-Haruka Morishima (Amagami SS)
-Amu Hinamori (Shugo Chara!)
-Rima Mashiro (Shugo Chara!)
-Ryouko Ookami (Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi)
-Hitoha Marui (Mitsudomoe)
-Kirino Kousaka (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Kuroneko/Ruri Gokou (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Ayase Aragaki (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Mio Isurugi (MM!)
-Zakuro (Otome Youkai Zakuro)
-Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail)
-Mirajane (Fairy Tail)
-Stocking (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
-Tsukasa Ayatasuji (Amagami SS)
-Feldt Grace (Gundam 00)
-Mileina Vashti (Gundam 00)
-Saori Chiba (Hourou Musuko)
-Homura Akemi (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
-Anjou Naruko (Ano Hana)
-Mashu ([C])
-Aria Kanzaki (Hidan no Aria)
-Victorique de Blois (Gosick)
-Naruko Anjou (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai)
-Yuina Wakura (Hanasaku Iroha)

AccipiterF1-sama   Fansub TV Team Jan 24 2011, 08:20 AM Quote
QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jan 23 2011, 11:04 PM)
Funimation was probably trying to avoid conflicts with Crunchyroll to help broaden legal streams and even if they both licensed it, Funimation takes an additional week usually to air it whereas Crunchyroll has it ready by the actual premier date.

Most of the Funimation streams are now run on the same day they are released in Japan. Crunchyroll streams are available usually within 24hrs of Japanese airing to people who buy a premium membership, but those who don't have to wait a week.

user posted image
user posted image

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Team Jan 24 2011, 10:34 AM Quote
QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Jan 24 2011, 07:20 AM)
Most of the Funimation streams are now run on the same day they are released in Japan. Crunchyroll streams are available usually within 24hrs of Japanese airing to people who buy a premium membership, but those who don't have to wait a week.

Well then the other issue is Funimation's streams all have the problem of being a lower quality and I'm talking 360p whereas Crunchyroll can be viewed in at least 480p if not 720p

GERBER-san   Jan 26 2011, 12:52 PM Quote
Big boobs, high school, girls, fanservice, action, more fanservice, hence why it was licensed I agree, if it had less fanservice it would be a good show, with more action IMO.

3 episodes of a brutal girl nicknamed "the untouchable queen", and no answer yet as to why only Kazuya can touch her, only clue we get is something that caused her trauma. As Estellizer said she does not get the horrible flash backs when he touches her. Also a while back we saw a flash back of her as a little girl, so I only have a little guess from that. Not much goin for the show except fanservice, the fighting, the fact of Kazuyas body and the fact his sister is famous.

It is goin to take some time until the actual enemy shows up, for now the seniors will get a whoopin, maybe one will beat Estellizer. Also yet to see when Kazuya and her make the contract.

Killer_Ossi-sama   Sempais Jan 27 2011, 11:33 AM Quote
Ep 3 was way better than ep 2.

Im still surprised that Chiffon is always surprised at how cruel the other students are. I mean she is there since 3 years so she should be used to it now since it seems to be always like that.
Too bad we didnt see Bridget roughing up Miyabi and her three toys. I really wanted to see that. And they totally deserved it.

But I still dont like how Bridget is shown as the loser whenever Kazuya is there. I really thought she would be a hardass. Just like Kit already said she doesnt make sense. At least she is great when she kicks ass.

And what I dont get is the freezing. I mean ok against other Pandoras you can limit their movement but against Novas it doesnt seem to work. Can someone maybe explain it to me why this is necessary to fight? Or is it just a little plus if you have a limiter while the big plus is the additional strength?

@Kit: From what it looked like it seems that Novas are only invading every 5 years or something. I mean the last time there was one was when this guys sister sacrificed her and that was a few years ago.

My Animelist

Top 5 of currently airing TV-series:(03.06.11)
1. Deadman Wonderland
2. Steins;Gate
3. Dog Days
4. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
5. Tiger & Bunny
(long time runs not included)

Xanadu-chan   Jan 27 2011, 04:34 PM Quote
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi)
Too bad we didnt see Bridget roughing up Miyabi and her three toys. I really wanted to see that. And they totally deserved it.

Yeah that would nice but then I think they would hav to re-order where the show ended. The part where Bridet goes berserk on Mitabi and limiter toys would take at least 3 or so minutes with Bridet dragging the limiters by the heads, bashing Miyabi's face in, breaking her ribs, more face bashing, and ending with a sword though the chest but the Anime tuned the violence down a bit. I wished they added the part from the manga though.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi)
And what I dont get is the freezing. I mean ok against other Pandoras you can limit their movement but against Novas it doesnt seem to work. Can someone maybe explain it to me why this is necessary to fight?

Novas are able to use freezing on their own so the limiters are there to neutralize the Nova's freezing.

This post has been edited by Xanadu on Jan 27 2011, 05:24 PM

Xanadu-chan   Jan 27 2011, 06:16 PM Quote
QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jan 23 2011, 10:04 PM)
Why does she have such a soft side but then turns bipolar? It doesn't make logical sense if you ask me.

I think it's like a "public face, private face" thing. She probably always had the soft side to her, but because of those 'bad memories' she has and that she seems to be the "hates to lose" type, she seems to put a front up so people avoid her or get annoyed by her. Add Aoi, who doesn't bring up Bridet's personal space issue, into the picture and she doesn't know how to react. That's how I see it though I not sure about the bipolar thing. help me out there.

user posted image

Episode 4
Freezing @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Jan 28 2011, 08:35 PM

Episode 5
Freezing @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Feb 04 2011, 10:14 PM

Hyuuga Hakke Kūshō   Sempais Feb 07 2011, 04:54 AM Quote
QUOTE (Xanadu @ Jan 27 2011, 06:16 PM)
I think it's like a "public face, private face" thing. She probably always had the soft side to her, but because of those 'bad memories' she has and that she seems to be the "hates to lose" type, she seems to put a front up so people avoid her or get annoyed by her. Add Aoi, who doesn't bring up Bridet's personal space issue, into the picture and she doesn't know how to react. That's how I see it though I not sure about the bipolar thing. help me out there.

Xanadu is correct its not necessarily bipolar but she does not liked to be touch because of her pass.

What's the best way to keep people from coming near you become the meanest and strongest around.

and don't forget she is still a pandora after all

Mowerman-dono   Sempais Feb 07 2011, 06:54 AM Quote
I checked the manga on this one. They are staying pretty true with a few changes but I think everyone pondering the bipolar nature of Satelizer would find the reason not so surprising. Hopefully they will bring it out in the anime. Intro and Outro songs are both good, of course, as to be expected of MaRIA. Drawing style is typical Korean Ecchi. The original artist is also known for Kurokami and a few other series that I don't recognize. Interesting tid bit. They list a co author but when you look his name up, it comes up with a korean baseball player. I wonder if the guy quit baseball to become a manga writer. One of the big let downs, for me, is that the production company changed the Pandora mode. In the original manga, when the Pandora's went into Pandora mode, they would be clothed in a battle suit. The production company chose to keep them in their mini skirts so they could flaunt the ecchi scenery that they thought would sell. Unfortunately, since sex sells, they will probably do well with the change. Checking out the info on it, I ran across a flash game that some might find interesting. it's breakout using the characters of the anime. Ball flies around knocking clothing off the character to undress her as the game proceeds. http://freezing.tv/special/minigame.html

Kid-Wolf~Shrine Servant Won won~   Fansub TV Team Feb 07 2011, 01:19 PM Quote
Ok with episode 5 it feels like every any girl that is a second year or higher either wants to rape Aoi or pretty much maul Satelizer a whole lot as of late. Although aside from the whole sex thing I'm supprised that they do have a decient storyline for this. Usually it's just a poor excuse for fanservice at times but with this series it more or less happens in a fight scene.

Aside from all of that it seems that Satelizer now has a rival for using Aoi as a Limter now it seems. Unless they do a wierd and yet twisted move were he can handle more than one Pandora at a time though. That could explain his multidirectional Freezing abilty he has.

user posted image
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Feb 07 2011, 02:55 PM Quote
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Feb 07 2011, 08:19 PM)

Aside from all of that it seems that Satelizer now has a rival for using Aoi as a Limter now it seems. Unless they do a wierd and yet twisted move were he can handle more than one Pandora at a time though. That could explain his multidirectional Freezing abilty he has.

It looks that way. I wouldn't be surprised if they did. It was a pretty okay episode although the riping of clothes is really starting to get boring. It really feels to start hurting the series. I would rather see a normal battle now.

GERBER-san   Feb 07 2011, 03:22 PM Quote
Yeah it is getting annoying..."just to teach you to respect me... a mha rip your clothes". other character "eeeh?". So now the fight over a limiter begins, this might push Satelizer to make the baptism with Aoi, I look forward to the next episode.

Killer_Ossi-sama   Sempais Feb 08 2011, 10:49 AM Quote
Im quite surprised. I wouldnt have thought that Satelizer-Sempai would recognize Aoi that fast and she really meant it with the "First Room Entry", even dressing up for him. Nice that she trys to change.

The saddest person in this ep clearly is Arthur. Ganessa is inviting him in her room and is wearing sexy lingerie and he falls asleep because hes drunk. Damn. Thats the problem if you have to drink yourself to some courage.

I guess the four women at the end are part of the strongest third years too, but I wonder whos on top of them and what they will be trying now.

About him having more girls. It wouldnt be that surprising. I mean Miyabi was able to have at least three Limiters so why shouldnt someone have more than one Pandora. Even though it would remind me even more about Sekirei tongue.gif

My Animelist

Top 5 of currently airing TV-series:(03.06.11)
1. Deadman Wonderland
2. Steins;Gate
3. Dog Days
4. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
5. Tiger & Bunny
(long time runs not included)

Kid-Wolf~Shrine Servant Won won~   Fansub TV Team Feb 08 2011, 02:19 PM Quote
Well if Aoi does have the possiblity of having to control more than one Pandora I guess you can say it's almost like Sekirei, but without the Pokemon-like powers invovled though. tongue.gif

In any case I'm not sure if Satelizer was going to go though with the baptism rght then and there, but more along the line of why is Aoi able to touch her without her getting all creeped out, and go from there.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

AccipiterF1-sama   Fansub TV Team Feb 08 2011, 05:42 PM Quote
QUOTE (GERBER @ Feb 07 2011, 04:22 PM)
Yeah it is getting annoying..."just to teach you to respect me... a mha rip your clothes". other character "eeeh?".

Yeah, and what's most annoying is most of that doesn't happen in the Manga. They did improve something from the Manga in this episode by moving Kazuya and Rana's meeting to the school rather than having it happen randomly on the street , but throwing in those pointless boob-shots was well... pointless.

user posted image
user posted image

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll