Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Freezing, Im Dal Young = Oppai

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3] 
Killer_Ossi Retired   Feb 15 2011, 11:31 AM Quote
I must say Im totally surprised at how Rana turned out to be. I thought she would be just some airhead but she as as devilish as everyone else at the academy.

I really like it how Satellizer is trying to open up to Kazuya. Too bad it always gets disturbed by someone.

Episode 7
Freezing @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Feb 17 2011, 12:59 PM

Hyuuga Hakke Kūshō   Sempais Feb 18 2011, 05:05 AM Quote
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Feb 15 2011, 11:31 AM)
I must say Im totally surprised at how Rana turned out to be. I thought she would be just some airhead but she as as devilish as everyone else at the academy.

I really like it how Satellizer is trying to open up to Kazuya. Too bad it always gets disturbed by someone.

I wouldn't say she is devilish and she is definitiley not an airhead

before she was tricked she just saw bridget as a rival for Aoi thats why when he was in the hospital she told bridget lets wait together.

I can understand how she was easliy tricked when the 3rd year told her that story about bridget and bridget comfirms it when she asked her why she won't perform the baptism.(as the 3rd year thought she would)

user posted image
All hail BRFCFC!!

Kid-Wolf~Posessed by the Phoenix~   Fansub TV Team Feb 19 2011, 11:54 PM Quote
Ok with episode 7 we get the actual reason why Satelizer-san hates being touched. Also, another thing is it seems that she has a berserker mode when she's out cold. Also, it seems the third years still want to pick a fight with her ever since that one incident due to the fact she stood up for Aoi at one point. Pretty much Because one acted on thier own to make the third years look bad it seems that Satelizer was more or less targeted by the third years because of a mess up in the earlier episodes.

In any case it looks like the next episode is the school idol setting!? Um... ok I don't know how this will work but.... ok.

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

Killer_Ossi Retired   Feb 20 2011, 06:00 PM Quote
A really good ep. A lot of nice fighting and finally the background of Satellizer. And now nobody can say its weird that she freaks out when someone is touching her. But at least her older sister stood up for her. I wonder if we will see her again.

I somehow thought that Chiffon is nr one, shes the president after all and especially in this academy there wouldnt be a loser in that position. But when she gets serious you really should do what she says.
But I wonder what means Chiffon means except for fighting. Guess we have to wait until Elizabeth makes her move.

What Sister Margarete means is probably another major Nova attack, especially if that are peaceful days ^^

Other than that I really like Creo and how she isnt that overly violent. I liked it how she wanted to end her fight without much damage and didnt really take enjoyment in beating someone up. Nice that there are people like this in this series too. And shes coming from germany whats a big extra plus ^^

[Admin note: Sig removed due to negative comments toward the community]

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Feb 27 2011, 01:36 PM Quote
Hmm, this series really focuses on one thing: being as ecchi as possible without letting the story down to much. What kind of queen contest was this? It was to be expected but still it felt stupid. Rana took the cake with her clothes..if you can call them clothes..
The rest of the episode with the warning about a possible attack was nice. Hopefully we get to see some real fight with a Nova.

Hyuuga Hakke Kūshō   Sempais Feb 27 2011, 04:03 PM Quote
QUOTE (nijlandp @ Feb 27 2011, 01:36 PM)
Hmm, this series really focuses on one thing: being as ecchi as possible without letting the story down to much. What kind of queen contest was this? It was to be expected but still it felt stupid. Rana took the cake with her clothes..if you can call them clothes..
The rest of the episode with the warning about a possible attack was nice. Hopefully we get to see some real fight with a Nova.

Well when you think of about it. The Pandora pageant being like that does make sense. Remember one of the purposes of the dance is for pandoras to meet limiters and what we know of the sexual overtones to the baptism that kind of pageant makes sense

iamdeath-sama   Sempais Feb 27 2011, 04:30 PM Quote
well i think by end of this anime kazuya will be able to us volt weapons it funny cause anime portray it show it very quickly

Kid-Wolf~Posessed by the Phoenix~   Fansub TV Team Feb 28 2011, 01:53 AM Quote
I've been hearing mixed reviews about this episode on how it didn't follow the manga, or it wasn't up to standerds with some viewers of this series. Although I only hear that there was more to this contest than what we saw. Also, I think there was probablly a drinking contest somewere within this part of the manga though.

Overall it was kind of expected, but why to I get this feeling that the loli third year is still wanting to punish Satelzer still?

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

Episode 8
Freezing @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Feb 28 2011, 10:56 PM

Episode 9
Freezing @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 04 2011, 11:10 PM

Killer_Ossi Retired   Mar 08 2011, 03:16 PM Quote
So now it seems that the introduction part is done and we jump into action. And what action.

So we get Novas who are completely new with a lot more abilitys which totally caught East Genetics off guard. And four at once on top of it.
I really liked it that it was bloody just like always instead of getting all kiddy like many shows are nowadays. It showed the desperation of of the situation pretty good with a lot of people dead or heavily injured or even worse absorbed.

Im really looking forward to West Genetics joining the fight and I hope we finally get to see the top two, Chiffon and Elizabeth to fight.
And Satellizer of course, even though her heart got a major injury too thanks to Kazuyas stupid talk.

Cassie was/is (depends on what happens next) a nice character too and I like it that she is totally unlike the other Pandoras weve seen so far in the series and my guess is that if she survives she gets the resolve to stay a Pandora.

Episode 10
Freezing @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 12 2011, 07:49 AM

Episode 11
Freezing @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 25 2011, 09:48 PM

Episode 12
Freezing @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Apr 02 2011, 07:31 PM

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Jul 01 2011, 10:06 PM Quote
Man...all I can say is boy did I overlook this show.

Freezing is an action ecchi show. A show that is guaranteed to center around girls acquiring the supernatural powers to go up against the villain, i.e. the Nova while the guys simply sit back and support using a "counter-freezing" to prevent immobilization of the Pandoras.

Freezing's plot is actually quite solid. It took a while to develop and really get into the heart of its story, but after episode 7, things finally took off from there and the show ended with a decent conclusion. The one pet peeve that I still have about this show is like most harem/ecchi shows, a key point is not fully drive home. In the case of Freezing, we don't know if the baptism between Satellizer and Kazuya actually takes place. The show leaves us hanging with Rana interfering (of course).

Animation is actually very impressive for this show. ACGT is the same animation studio that brought us Kino's Journey, Koi Kaze, and Initial D: 4th Stage. Their most recent work prior to this was Monochrome Factor, which was terrible so it's nice to see them come back strong despite the massive censoring this show received. Details were incredibly high quality and having seen the 1gb 720p blu-ray for even just a couple of episodes, this show actually deserves such a file size. The uncensored goodness is amazing as this show was not only massively censored in the opening and ending videos, but also throughout each episode, probably more than Seikon no Qwaser.

Music is very solid for this show. Incredible OP theme and decent ED theme. BGMs were great. Seiyuu is an issue however, Satellizer's tsundere personality was very well done coming from Mamiko Noto. While many other seiyuus could have easily done a better job, for someone who usually voices a quiet/shy character, it's nice to see the other side of the coin in this show. Unfortunately, it wasn't all fun and games. I absolutely loathe the male protagonist, Kazuya. Not only did Mitsuhiro Ichiki quickly become very irritating, but Kazuya overall was a weak character. See below.

Character and their development? Absolutely solid for Satellizer. From backstory to who she is now, the show did an incredibly good job at portraying who she was and why she became the person she did. On the other hand, Kazuya is a whiny brat who clings to his sister by literally treating Satellizer as a memento without realizing it. Despite him saying that he likes Satellizer the way she is as well as that he will help protect her and the people close to them, I feel in the end, he's still simply "using her" as a "comfort zone." Overall a shallow character from beginning to end. Everyone else in the show....really no development but of course, none of them were really recurring all that often.

Enjoyment? I stopped this show halfway before picking it up again recently and finishing it off. The first half of the show is really boring and repetitive. It simply involves Satellizer showing off how "good" she is and just how many people actually despise her or rather jealous of her good skills as a Pandora. They really could have shrunk that down for a number of episodes. Otherwise, the second half really had me going. Each episode got better and better, ultimately leading up to the climatic fight of the series in the final 2 episodes.

Overall, while the result of the fight was a bit more anti-climatic than I had hoped (was hoping a few characters who actually get killed off for some decent development and "realism"), the series greatly improved throughout the season. Had I actually followed this series regularly, I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more. The only major complaints I really had was the "medic and recovery center" being all too powerful of a "sanctuary" because we didn't see anyone "current" actually get killed off. We saw a lot of "past" people die but that doesn't really reflect anything since the current system makes it seem like the Pandoras are almost immortal...such as when Ganessa had half her body blown away or when Cathy got her limbs chopped off. The fanservice was a bit unnecessary and the snail pace introduction was also too lengthy. Nevertheless, I do look forward to a sequel if there is one being planned since the stage has now been set with all the introductions and a decent and interesting fight.

Preliminary Score: 6/10
Final Score: 7/10
*Note I have not read the source material, so I have no idea how faithful it was. Nevertheless, this series is truly an underrated gem from Winter 2010/2011

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
Watchlist Updated
Top 5 Ongoing anime (12/26/2012)
*Note: Gundam Seed HD Remaster does not count*
1) Shinsekai Yori
2) Bakuman 3
3) Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
4) Initial D: Fifth Stage
5) Smile Precure!

Hyuuga Hakke Kūshō   Sempais Jul 02 2011, 08:50 AM Quote
I actually gave the show 8/10

There is a lot room for improvement but it was good enough for me to start reading the manga

Killer_Ossi Retired   Jul 02 2011, 04:05 PM Quote
I gave it a 8/10 too since I really enjoyed it. Except for Kazuya of course. But I didnt expect it otherwise from the beginning. And Satellizer not beeing the badass character I thought she would be was a disappointment too, but in the end it got used to it.

One day I will read the manga too. From what I heard it is almost completely different from the anime.

I hope there will be a second season. But this time with more Creo, Elizabeth, Yumi and Chiffon!

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Mar 25 2013, 12:00 AM Quote

Hyuuga Hakke Kūshō   Sempais Mar 26 2013, 09:46 AM Quote
QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Mar 25 2013, 12:00 AM)
And Freezing returns:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-...gets-2nd-season

Thats great news

We haven't had any real good combat series lately

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Mar 26 2013, 02:16 PM Quote
That is indeed good news. Hopefully we get more information on the Nova.
A good fight has to be included to keep it interesting. Otherwise i fear this season won't be as good as the first one.

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll