• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 AccipiterF1

AccipiterF1

-sama

• Fansub TV Team
  • 1566 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:13 AM

That Switch back-story was great. It definitely went in a direction that I didn't expect at all. I hope we get to see more from when Bossun helped pull him out of his funk.

I just really wanted to comment on the change of OP and ED. On the first point, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I loved the previous OP with them playing as a band together. That did not last long enough and it's replacement is really bland. As for the new ED, the song is fairly forgettable, but the animation is genius. Yes, please do put all the Sket Dance girls in white bikinis, splatter them with chocolate and then hit them with a nude filter. Not even the inclusion of Yabas ruins that! XD

#62 Killer_Ossi

Killer_Ossi

Retired

• Kouhais
  • 3817 posts
  • Interests:Chilling with friends<br>Pen-&amp;-Paper RPG<br>Animes, Mangas, Hentai<br>PC-Games<br>Bodybuilding

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

Ep 31 was just great.
When Shinzou came out as Vegeta I couldnt stop laughing and had to pause the anime. And the Billy Blanks parody was just great too.

The other thing that was good was the tie-in with the last Bakuman ep where Azuki got a spot as a seiyuu for Megumi in Sket Dance who appeared this week.
Oh and the Nizuma and Toriko parody were great too ^^
[Admin note: Sig removed due to negative comments toward the community]

#63 julezia

julezia

-chibi

• Fansub TV Team
  • 3242 posts
  • Interests:on vacation~

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:05 AM

Oh I didn't know that Hayami Saori was voicing Megumi. I did think her voice was familiar though.
I loved the parodies too of course, although I didn't catch the Toriko one?

user posted image

Currently Watching:
Shingeki no Kyojin, Monogatari Series: Second Season, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, Genshiken Nidaime, Silver Spoon, Free!, Blood Lad, Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince, Space Brothers, Uchouten Kazoku, Servant x Service, Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation, Gatchaman Crowds, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou

My Anime List

#64 Killer_Ossi

Killer_Ossi

Retired

• Kouhais
  • 3817 posts
  • Interests:Chilling with friends<br>Pen-&amp;-Paper RPG<br>Animes, Mangas, Hentai<br>PC-Games<br>Bodybuilding

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

The Toriko parody was when Shinzou came out looking like a GT Robo from the Toriko series:
user posted image

#65 Killer_Ossi

Killer_Ossi

Retired

• Kouhais
  • 3817 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

So we finally got Himes story too. Even though it was really predictable and not as sad and emotional as Switchs it was still great.
But why did she cut her hair? Not that she looks bad with her current hairstyle, she still looks beautiful, but her long her tied up were just awesome
user posted image

#66 julezia

julezia

-chibi

• Fansub TV Team
  • 3242 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

Nice screenshot Ossi wink.gif I agree that she looks better with her hair longer and in a ponytail. I think she cut it off to symbolize that this was a fresh start for her. What I liked in this episode is seeing Switch before he became Switch. I can't remember that they met in the manga like that, but perhaps they did since I knew that Hime joined the Sket-dan before Switch. Yes the story was kind of predictable, and her backstory is my least favourite out of the three, but hey at laest we know more about her character. I can't wait for Bossun's backstory smile.gif He's become my fave, and even in this episode he was so sweet. Coming to Hime's rescue, shaking like a leaf and all biggrin.gif
user posted image

Currently Watching:
Shingeki no Kyojin, Monogatari Series: Second Season, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, Genshiken Nidaime, Silver Spoon, Free!, Blood Lad, Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince, Space Brothers, Uchouten Kazoku, Servant x Service, Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation, Gatchaman Crowds, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou

My Anime List

#67 Hyuuga

Hyuuga

Hakke Kūshō

• Sempais
  • 2401 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

Even though it was predictable OniHime backstory was really good

user posted image
All hail BRFCFC!!

#68 warita200

warita200

-RETIRED-

• Retired
  • 2931 posts
  • Interests:For those who care and would like to contact me at some point, I can be found on Anime-Suki under the user name: warita (only warita without the 200) :)<br><br>The email that I have on FTV wont work, because I changed accounts a few months ago.

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:37 PM

I just noticed today, that Sketdance is at 39 episodes already. I am surprised that this is such a long anime and I feel at the same time a certain disappointment, that the comedy of this anime is not to my taste. I like commedies and I love long animes. I have never been a big friend of the 12 episode format, although I do admit that some animes are definately better shorter than longer.

Has the humor of this anime improved with time or is it still the same over the top, aggressive screaming type of humor ala Shinpachi from Gintama?

#69 Killer_Ossi

Killer_Ossi

Retired

• Kouhais
  • 3817 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

Its still the same comedy but over the last few eps there was a good part of characterdevelopment too, for example Switchs and Himes backstory.
I must say at first I didnt like the comedy too, but after a few eps I warmed up to it.

On another note, why the hell was there no Kumi in the New Years Yukata Shot? They just cant leave out the second hottest character after Momoka like this -.-

Again Yamanobe-sensei came with a stupid game which made total no sense. But it was funny in its own way. And I probably wouldve played it too ^^"

#70 julezia

julezia

-chibi

• Fansub TV Team
  • 3242 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

Who is Kumi???

There is still screaming with Bossun and Himeko, but I enjoy it anyways. I actually find this show more appealing than Gintama now (if you can believe it), because Gintama has become very very very crude and obnoxious as of late.
user posted image

Currently Watching:

My Anime List

#71 warita200

warita200

-RETIRED-

• Retired
  • 2931 posts
  • Interests:For those who care and would like to contact me at some point, I can be found on Anime-Suki under the user name: warita (only warita without the 200) :)<br><br>The email that I have on FTV wont work, because I changed accounts a few months ago.

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

Thanks for the info Killer_ossi and Julezia.

Weeeell, I quit watching Gintama some time ago already..... there is only that much shinpachi style humor i can take. Unfortunately it seems, that it is a strong trait in Sketdance as well.... sad.gif

#72 Killer_Ossi

Killer_Ossi

Retired

• Kouhais
  • 3817 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:01 PM

This here is Kumi:
user posted image

She was the one who won the Miss Contest for beeing the prettiert in class and was around when Hime went to the group date and a few other times and some minor appearances.

#73 julezia

julezia

-chibi

• Fansub TV Team
  • 3242 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

Anyone still watching this? The latest episode was super cute with Bossun and Himeko going on a date. Of course Bossun was totally unaware that it was a date, but Himeko was so awkward and embarrassed it was hilarious.
user posted image

Currently Watching:

My Anime List

#74 Killer_Ossi

Killer_Ossi

Retired

• Kouhais
  • 3817 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

Yes Im still watching and enjoying it.
Last ep wit hthe fake-date was so clichee but still good. If I remember correctly Bossun had one too a long long time ago. So Switch is the last one without a fake-date.

Im a bit disappointed since in the OP and ED the Student Council is heavily featured so I was looking forward to more of them, but sadly there wasnt much.
Oh and no good quality close-up shots of the girls in wedding-dresses in the OP -.- Only in terrible quality.

By the way julezia, did you manage to answer the Questions of Enigman and Quettion? I must admit I didnt even once, even though I really tried for a at least a min each -.-

Edited by Killer_Ossi, 02 February 2012 - 08:10 PM.

#75 julezia

julezia

-chibi

• Fansub TV Team
  • 3242 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:08 AM

Don't worry, if the OP is any indication I have a feeling we'll get to see some story arcs where the student council is featured heavily.
I've read the manga to the latest scanlated chapter, and I still enjoy watching the anime too, thats how much I love this series biggrin.gif
QUOTE (Ossi)
By the way julezia, did you manage to answer the Questions of Enigman and Quettion? I must admit I didnt even once, even though I really tried for a at least a min each -.-
I tried too, but got them wrong every single time. I have gotten the same answers as Switch and/or Tsubaki for some questions, but I don't have Bossuns and the student council president's extremely high intelligence tongue.gif
user posted image

Currently Watching:

My Anime List

#76 Killer_Ossi

Killer_Ossi

Retired

• Kouhais
  • 3817 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

Damn, here I thought we would get a birthday ep but what du we get? Bossuns past. Not that I mind it just surprised me since I didnt see that coming.
At first I thought his mother has cut her hair but then I realised that that wasnt Bossun but his father. I thought the whole time something was off.

I think Akane took the right choice raising him by herself. Who could be a better parent than a friend. But why didnt she hide the things about her past better? I mean its normal for kids to go around searhing everything they can, even though normally its when they are younger than Bossun was.

I hope they dont want to tell us that his father was killed by a football-ball since that would be the most lame thing ever.

Bossun had a lot of luck to be born even though his mother died in an accident.

I hope we get to know about Rumi too since her father isnt there too.

#77 Hyuuga

Hyuuga

Hakke Kūshō

• Sempais
  • 2401 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

If anything I've learn that no matter where you hide something it will be found.

I can see how Bossum found it because its not something that his mom could throw away
user posted image
All hail BRFCFC!!

#78 llehcdif

llehcdif

-chan

• Kouhais
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

OH man I laughed so hard at this episode, Bossun and tsubaki make quite the combination xD

I loved the character development between the two, i really thought the episode was really well made and thought out.

Even though this anime is kinda mindless and semi-pointless, the character development episodes are really great, touching, and the ones that really hit home.

This is the whole reason i still watch sket dance even when there is not much to talk about after most episodes.

#79 Killer_Ossi

Killer_Ossi

Retired

• Kouhais
  • 3817 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

Wait wait wait. Did I just see right, this is over? No grand finale, just like that? That must be a joke.
I just saw it by coincidence when I looked through my completed list on MAL and it gives me quite a shock. No more weekly Himeko, no more weekly Sket Dan, no more Akane, Unyuu, Kuni, Momoko? Thats too cruel -.-

At first I wasnt really taken in by the show but I gradually came to love it and was looking forward to it each week. The comedy was more or less the same each time but still fun, mostly because the characters had a really good chemistry.
But the more serious things were pretty good too, especially the background stories of Hime, Bossun and Switch (which sadly wasnt completed).
Characterwise it a real mix, some characters were totally annoying (Yabas for example), some were great (Hime for example) and almost everyone was strange in one way or another. And most girls were real beautys (Hime, Akane, Kuni, Momoka, Unyuu, ...).

Overall I really enjoyed the show and its sad that its over, but who knows maybe it will come back again, Gintama always comes back too (which reminds me of the worst epof this show when the Gintama characters were there -.-).
8/10 from me.

#80 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • 10929 posts
  • Interests:Watching anime since childhood.<br>I wait for quality releases. Need recommendations? Just ask.<br><br>Lurked Fansub TV since November 2004<br>Joined Fansub TV Forums in December 2005<br>Sempai in June 2006<br>Fansub TV Team in October 2006<br>10000th post in July 2011<br>Fansub TV Leader in January 2011<br><br>Interested in revitalizing Fansub TV Forums. Support requested.

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

I'll try to keep this brief since I doubt many people actually managed to keep up with this show for so long. First off, many compare this show to Gintama. In essence, it is a Gintama rip off. It's characters are less interesting and more annoying. However, like Gintama, Sket Dance also does a deep dive on a number of its characters. Unfortunately, it's only possible to see these episodes if you even get that far into the series, meaning 2 cours minimum. Keep in mind, Sket Dance is part slice of life, meaning it does have a slower pace than most series. However, many episodes don't leave an interesting hook and in fact most episodes are actually two in one. Conclusion wise, it's a wrap up that tries too hard at making sure all major recurring characters have at least a few seconds of screen time. The best aspect of this episode, however, was Saaya's confession. Never thought they would actually resolve that.

Art is basic with varying degrees of details. Character design is also basic in detail. Animation quality has also been mixed, but as expected of a long ongoing title. Tatsunoko Production supported most of the animation in this show, which is the same studio behind [C], Yatterman, and Casshern Sins. With that said, Cassher Sins had quality levels beyond what Sket Dance produced as did [C]. With that said, it's a bit disappointing to see their quality drop so dramatically when producing a show like this. Tatsunoko Production may not be a superstar in the industry but they definitely have the ability to produce fair quality work. Sket Dance animation was really average at best.

Given the vast number of OP/ED themes, I won't list out ever single one. However, I will say that most were really average. The first couple were not so good but as the series progressed, I think the songs gradually improved along with the series itself. Background music and sound effects were generally average for the most part and seiyuus were also mostly average. However, I must say that Ryoko Shiraishi's "delinquent" kansai dialect for Himeko was rather impressive. Tomokazu Sugita's voice for Switch was also rather amusing. Hiroyuki Yoshino continues to be average in my book since he basically acts the same way in most of his given roles.

Enjoyment? Sket Dance has literally been a roller coaster. It slowly ramped its way up to a more emotional slice of life title as we gradually learn more about the characters, particularly the leads, and then drops back down to "bad" comedy. From there, rinse and repeat. Unfortunately, Sket Dance also does not reintegrate a lot of the "character developments" and are therefore easily forgotten in the long-run. With that said, there are a select few of Sket Dance episodes that are actually worth watching. The series as a whole, however, cannot be said the same.

Overall, Sket Dance does try to be a lot like Gintama. In fact, there is a Gintama crossover episode midway through the series. It lacks the same comedic and cast appeal as Gintama and its setting is far too bland. Titles like Seitokai no Ichizon, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, School Rumble, and even the new Binbougami ga! have all done the same thing Sket Dance does but better. Sket Dance is not worth it for its length. If you really want to watch it, just watch the "good" episodes. Otherwise, save time and stay away even though the show does progressively get better.

Preliminary Score: 6/10
Final Score: 5/10

Wait wait wait. Did I just see right, this is over? No grand finale, just like that? That must be a joke.

This was actually known for about a month now. Gintama 2012 is expected to take Sket Dance's time slot starting next week. Sket Dance itself did not confirm it was ending until about half way through episode 76 and then once again in the preview of the same episode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users