Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, Another SHAFT Experience +3

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 [4] 
Enjeh-chan   Jun 17 2011, 03:01 PM Quote
Dont take my word to seriously though. Since I did read it on a forum that was about the light novel, there they wrote that episode 7 was still in the second volume and they would animate just 3 volumes. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Enjeh on Jun 17 2011, 03:01 PM

JCDRANZER - Sky King - Ô-SAMAのスパム!   Fansub TV Team Jun 17 2011, 03:16 PM Quote
QUOTE (Enjeh @ Jun 17 2011, 09:01 PM)
Dont take my word to seriously though. Since I did read it on a forum that was about the light novel, there they wrote that episode 7 was still in the second volume and they would animate just 3 volumes. tongue.gif

No worries but that's most likely the case, which would seem that a 2nd season from SHAFT is very possible, if DVD & Blu-Ray sales are good.

Thank you for contributing Enjeh. I haven't seen you on FTV before, I hope you will continue to post here....as you can see this forum needs a breath of life.

You've been a member since 2007...wow. laugh.gif

user posted image
My Incomplete Anime List =P
user posted image
user posted image

Seishun Bakusou!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

LUNA is mine!!!!!!!!!!!! user posted image

TYPE-MOON Slave....TSUKIHIME ROCKSSSS!!!!

TITLES ---> JCD-Ô-SAMAのスパム! ~*JCD - His Majesty of Spam(hood)*~!! nickname given by the Lovely Orofena
Captain(Taichou) of GHFC ~*Ghost Hunt Fan Club*~!!
Proud member of NBP ~*NANA Blogish Posters*~!!
Proud member of KKA~Kawaii Kawaii Asa-sempai~!!
Proud member of MSFGFC ~*Manabi Straight Forward Go Fan Clubber*~!!
Proud member of NGEC ~*Neon Genesis Evangelion Crew*~!! (a "permanent" prisoner of the EVA thread)
Leader of YNSHFC ~*Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge Fan Club*~!!
Leader of BRFCFC ~*Busou Renkin Forever Campaign Fan Club*~!!

wedora-dono   Sempais Jun 17 2011, 05:00 PM Quote
I'm enjoying this, but don't find it particularly amazing. There's not enough normals to balance out the overwhelming eccentricity of the rest of the cast, making you step back from the series sometimes. However, the faces. The faces! The character designs in this series are so much win, I really hope they use this art style again, even for something else if they don't use an s2.

AccipiterF1-sama   Fansub TV Team Jun 17 2011, 09:38 PM Quote
I think SHAFT could make a 2nd season for this series very easily but would they continue after that like a 3rd season.

It's not impossible. They did three seasons of Hidamari Sketch, plus some OVA.

we finally get to see the girl under the helment here

Well, we've seen her in the OP since the first episode. Was it me, or did absolutely nothing she said make any sense at all?

Next to Ryuuko's tush, the best part of the episode was Maekawa in her Alien outfit. I think she's my favorite character in the show. But it's weird when the most sane person in a series is the one who dresses up like a fish half the time.

user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"I have been blogging!" - The Monarch
From the Venture Bros. episode: Victor. Echo. November.
user posted image user posted image

AccipiterF1-sama   Fansub TV Team Jun 29 2011, 01:03 PM Quote
OK, now I'm mad.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-...ed-due-to-quake

One episode will be omitted until the home video release. They say it's because of the earthquake, and I suppose that must mean something content related in the show, like a nuclear meltdown or something. But I can't help but wonder how much this was a marketing decision as well. Seriously, wouldn't a content warning during the broadcast be enough?

user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"I have been blogging!" - The Monarch
From the Venture Bros. episode: Victor. Echo. November.
user posted image user posted image

Kid-Wolf~The Lazy Shinigami's Servant~   Fansub TV Team Jun 29 2011, 03:30 PM Quote
*sigh* It's because of things like this that kind of annoy me in the end. Yes we all know about it, and that it happened earlier on this year as well. I'm sure some of use we upset over it and was hoping things will return to normality. Pretty much things have been back to normal in a sense. Also, I'm not sure how accurate, it is since the poll I found was on Sankaku Complex, but it was stated that they shouldn't cenor anime in any way due to an actual disaster though.

Although no that I think about it I think Shaft is doing this on purpose since usually the DVD/BluRay version tends to be what drives them still. rolleyes.gif

Although that wouldn't explain as to why we didn't get epsidoe 11 does it? unsure.gif

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

JCDRANZER - Sky King - Ô-SAMAのスパム!   Fansub TV Team Jun 29 2011, 04:50 PM Quote
That news....says there will be 13 eps....nice. I only thought this series was going to get 12 episodes and so I'm happy that an unaired episode will coming out in the near future. This does not piss me off. laugh.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Seishun Bakusou!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

TITLES ---> JCD-Ô-SAMAのスパム! ~*JCD - His Majesty of Spam(hood)*~!! nickname given by the Lovely Orofena
Proud member of NGEC ~*Neon Genesis Evangelion Crew*~!! (a "permanent" prisoner of the EVA thread)

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Jun 29 2011, 05:55 PM Quote
QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Jun 29 2011, 12:03 PM)
OK, now I'm mad.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-...ed-due-to-quake

One episode will be omitted until the home video release. They say it's because of the earthquake, and I suppose that must mean something content related in the show, like a nuclear meltdown or something. But I can't help but wonder how much this was a marketing decision as well. Seriously, wouldn't a content warning during the broadcast be enough?

This was actually known in April...though it seems many people forgot about it.

Enjeh-chan   Jun 30 2011, 02:17 AM Quote
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jun 29 2011, 11:30 PM)
Although that wouldn't explain as to why we didn't get epsidoe 11 does it? unsure.gif

There was some game, baseball presumably that went overtime and cancelled Denpa last week. we are getting a double episode this week I believe smile.gif

This post has been edited by Enjeh on Jun 30 2011, 02:20 AM

Kid-Wolf~The Lazy Shinigami's Servant~   Fansub TV Team Jun 30 2011, 10:48 AM Quote
Ah that makes sense then. I shall take a page out of the Great Otaku Konata and say this: "I really hate it when baseball goes over since it ruins the anime lineup after it." laugh.gif

Episode 11
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Jun 30 2011, 10:19 PM

Episode 12
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Jul 01 2011, 12:58 AM

Enjeh-chan   Jul 01 2011, 04:41 AM Quote
Haha I was thinking of that line while I typed that. biggrin.gif

Well, that was the end of this show. I really do hope that they make another season since they got alot of material to work on! :3
Imo this would be the best show this season for me, all of the characters were likeable~ and the story was enjoying aswell.

Give us another season I'd say! and even more screen time for Maekawa <3!

Geh, Im useless at trying to write down my thought's on a show... doesen't make it better when seeing the huge replies in the other threads biggrin.gif

Kid-Wolf~The Lazy Shinigami's Servant~   Fansub TV Team Jul 01 2011, 08:56 AM Quote
Well pretty much it seems that things kind of came together in the end here it would seem now. Although I know that there will be an episode 13 for this series, but as a stright to DVD/BluRay setting though. In any case it seems that Meme-chan still shows off on how much of a kid she still is at times.

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

Klyern-chan   Jul 01 2011, 01:46 PM Quote
wow whats wrong with the latest, 12 from mazui, it skimps a lot, that only happened to me when seeing mkvs with a lot of fast subs at the same time (in openings etc)

edit: O.o Maekawa Warwick urf skin? XD

user posted image

This post has been edited by Klyern on Jul 01 2011, 02:49 PM

Killer_Ossi-sama   Jul 03 2011, 07:28 AM Quote
So for now its over. But there will be a 13th ep later.

Overall for now it gets a 6/10 from me since it wasnt really great.
The characters were mostly boring or annoying except for Meme and Moekawa and most of the stuff people were saying or doing were the same, boring. Or useless.
The show didnt really do anything right. Except the fanservice moments of Meme and the cosplays for Moekawa.
Worst was defenitely Niwa. He is so boring, unlikeable, annoying and a lot of other bad stuff. And he got worse and worse each ep.
The same for Erio, Ryuuki (or whatever her name is) and the alien girl. Totally bogin, uninteresting and annoying.

Comedy was mostly lame and repetitive too.

I dont think ep 13 will change anything on that. But maybe the real end will be good. But I doubt it.
But if ep 12 was actually the end and ep 13 only some kind of filler, then I think I have to downgrade the anime some more since this end was one of the most lame ones ever. Worse than even Duke Nukem Forever. And that says a lot.

My Animelist

Top 5 of currently airing TV-series:(02.02.12)
1. Another
2. Nisemonogatari
3. Bakuman S2
4. Toriko
5. Fairy Tail

Enjeh-chan   Jul 03 2011, 09:04 AM Quote
ep 13 probably wont be the real end, we need a second season for that since they've only animated 3 out of the 8 light novels tongue.gif

Also just a random thought on episode 11, would it be so that Maekawa can read other peoples minds or Niwa in this case? while they were eating Maekawa looks really supprised when Niwa thinks "Now i know why ~ would like to marry Maekawa" or something along those lines. would not be too strange with these settings, aliens, espers and such...
Or they just cut in the voice bad? tongue.gif

wedora-dono   Sempais Jul 04 2011, 11:02 PM Quote
So, its over with 12 right? The 13th ep really can't be much more than OVA-like filler. Well, I ended up liking this one, now that things rae wrapped up, much more than I thought I would. It was a very eccentric route to a very simple concept - taking a step forward. All the alien undertones aside, I think that's what this series was really about. The quirky characters weren't believable in the slightest, but they were definitely enjoyable to watch. I think if you watched this expecting something deep and insightful, you were bound to be dissapointed. In the end, it came off as halfhearted with a very whimsical way to explain something fairly obvious to everyone, regardless of how difficult it is to act on. You know what? That's OK, when its doen right, like it was here.

I think I'll mark it down 7/10...8/10 would be pushing it with my preferences.

user posted image
History is always written wrong, and so always needs to be rewritten.
-random Keine arrange in sig link, updated 2/3/2012-

MAL

Episode 1
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Aug 01 2011, 07:10 PM

JCDRANZER - Sky King - Ô-SAMAのスパム!   Fansub TV Team Dec 06 2011, 06:23 PM Quote
I re-watched episode 09 last week and then watched episode 10 and 11 before I started my marathon on Ergo Proxy, Hikaru no Go and Hajime no Ippo. I just watched the last aired episode, which was pretty good and quite funny when Meme-chan kissed Niwa's cheek and forcing him to go red and shout with embarrassment.....I would love to have an aunt like that. tongue.gif

I remember much about this series when I was watching it earlier this year, so taking a long pause and then coming back to finish the series wasn't that confusing.

The OST, OP and ED....all the music of this series fit perfectly and the animation was great. It was brilliant stuff from SHAFT. biggrin.gif

I didn't know that the light novel series actually finished 5 days before the first episode of the anime aired. I kinda want to know how the story ended in the light novels now....all I've heard is that the ending is suppose to be happy but I don't know anything else. Also, the fact that the manga is actually still on-going brings the question.....does it continue from where the light novel series left off or is it just a re-make in manga form? unsure.gif

I've always had the tendency to rate highly at FTV but I always rate SHAFT series based on what I truly believe they deserved. I loved every minute of this series and laughed quite a bit when watching it but as usual, SHAFT always do interesting stuff and leave you with the feeling of wanting more from the story. I'm giving this series a rating of 9/10. biggrin.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Seishun Bakusou!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

Episode 13
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Feb 08 2012, 07:51 PM

senpai-kun-nakama   Retired Feb 10 2012, 11:03 PM Quote
I agree Captain this was a very nice anime with good comedy and quirky characters with a touch of mystery and supernatural -- or umm aliens. I just got through watching the special episode (13) which was really supposed to be the ending episode of the TV series but for whatever reason didn't air. The episode started off with the typical kind of light-hearted and over exaggerated humor that you've become accustomed to when watching this series. Niwa is for all intensive purposes on a date with Ryuuko and she's all over the map with off the wall flirty commentary. So you can enjoy a fun scene with them at the festival but then Niwa meets up with Erio later on in the episode to view some shooting stars. That's when the best and most mysterious part of the episode happened.

Yashiro the self-proclaimed "esper" pops out of nowhere and decides she will demonstrate her abilities to Niwa. Keep in mind Niwa still doesn't believe in all the other worldly occurrences or esper stuff. So Yashiro tells him to take three steps back from his current position and be prepared to witness something spectacular. Then a few seconds later a meteorite hits and in the exact same spot that Niwa had been standing before Yashiro told him to move back ohmy.gif So did she actually save his life; was she truly an esper all along? The scene was spectacular and before we knew it Yashiro had completely disappeared. This left Niwa to ponder if espers and or aliens truly do exist. So that's where we leave things off and man I wanted more.

I was reading somewhere that episode completed the half-way point of the novels so they could still do another season in the future. It would be great to find out the real truth behind this anime. Did Erio really get abducted or come in contact with aliens? Now I'm starting to think it's quite possible she might have.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Killer_Ossi-sama   Feb 13 2012, 05:26 AM Quote
Ep 13 was quite a disappointment. I mean why make a festival ep when we dont see Meme, Maekawa or Tooe in a Yukata but only that other thing? Or why dont we even get one scene with Meme (I dont count that thing with the fly as a scene)? Sure that thing with the meteorite was interesting, but 1 interesting minute doesnt make a ep good -.-

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 3 [4]  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll