Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!, fighting students

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Oct 12 2011, 12:10 PM Quote
Title: Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!

Genre: action, comedy, harem

Synopsis:
Kawakami City is famous for its strong dedication to its samurai ancestors. A healthy fighting spirit is always valued and it's even an important factor for success at school. Yamato, a second year student from Kawakami High School is always with his close friends (4 boys and 3 girls). They have all known each other since they were young and have done many things together. While they have many other friends, this group of seven is a close-knit, inseparable group. They even have a secret base where they meet.

First impression (after 2 episodes):
What a strange first episode. To get a battle between two classes to introduce the characters was pretty impressive. It felt like it could stand on its own as a pretty good ova and not be involved in a series. Combined with some mysterious bystanders who seem to have other plans it gave a taste for more.
The first part of the second episode was less impressive. The hunt for a dog ain't a good follow-up and the characters who were awesome in the first episode felt to be bumbling around. It just felt like watching a poor attempt at being an ecchi series. However the second half improved again with the fight against real opposition. There seems to be a real story in the making.
In all a nice opening to this series. Hopefully they can keep the story going and not do such a weak dog story again.

Attached Image
Attached Image

JunMisugi - Hanako<3   Fansub TV Team Oct 12 2011, 01:33 PM Quote
There seems to be a real story in the making.

Well if it stays near to the vn its going to be something good wink.gif . Buuut however awesome visual novels dont guarentee an awesome anime, just look at Tsukihime.

In case some people dont know about it, yandere gray is currently translating the original visual novel into english :333.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
"All guys are weak against maids, nekomimis and lolis.
That's the absolute truth of the universe."

Kid-Wolf~The Lazy Shinigami's Servant~   Fansub TV Team Oct 13 2011, 11:50 AM Quote
Oh yeah I saw the first epsidoe of this series and I have to say I kind of think this series might turn out to be a very good fighting harem series here. tongue.gif

Killer_Ossi-sama   Oct 15 2011, 07:53 AM Quote
I watched the first ep when it aired (one of the view this seaason I already started) but there was no thread back then so Im posting now.

The first ep was just great with all the fighting and strategizing. And all the hot women of course, especially Momoya is way too hot.
The two military women seem interesting too, just as how a highschooler can be the strongest in the world.

But one thing I didnt get. When Momoya turned Yamato done, I dont get what she is saying about underlings and what not. Could someone explain these pls?
It was like this:
Momoya: Me beeing the underling isnt bad either, I guess.
Yamato: Nee-san?
Momoya: Yamato, Im sorry. Ill see you as a man. But when you ask if Id go out with you or not I dont think Id mind staying an underling. Youre real feelings are apparent enough, so why not remain best friends?
Ok I understand she turned him down, but I dont get her reason.

My Animelist

Top 5 of currently airing TV-series:(04.12.11)
1. Fate Zero
2. Mawaru Penguindrum
3. Mirai Nikki
4. Ben-To
5. Guilty Crown

Kid-Wolf~The Lazy Shinigami's Servant~   Fansub TV Team Oct 15 2011, 08:00 AM Quote
It mostly becuase she sees him as somewhat of a wimp and maybe as a little brother too. Although it looks like he seriously wants to go for the wincest route, but with the second episode it would looke like the girls that fawn ovr him want him to go the harem route and probably minus his sister though. tongue.gif

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

Episode 3
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!! @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Oct 15 2011, 06:55 PM

AccipiterF1-sama   Fansub TV Team Oct 15 2011, 08:31 PM Quote
The first episode felt like an epic final episode. like I should have already known all the characters and that it was the culmination of 12 episodes of development of their relationships. But it was none of those things, so it was mostly just confusing. The animation was cool from time to time, though with some nice fight sequences, but other times they took shortcuts around actually showing fighting moves.

The second episode just felt frivolous with them doing a lost dog hunt. And I still feel like I'm supposed to already know all the characters, but I don't so I'm still confused.

user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"I have been blogging!" - The Monarch
From the Venture Bros. episode: Victor. Echo. November.
user posted image user posted image

Kid-Wolf~The Lazy Shinigami's Servant~   Fansub TV Team Oct 16 2011, 09:20 PM Quote
Ok with episode 3 we pretty much get the whole idea that the girls are technically living with Yamato and seeing that he was shot down for a second time with his sister it looks like they are trying to make the moves on him. Although this epsidoe kind of introduces two of the girls backgound in a sense here.

Although I get this feeling that there is something missing since this might of been baised off of an eroge Visual Novel here. In any case it's not pushing the limits like Yosga no Sora did with its ero ero scenes. tongue.gif laugh.gif

Still for those who want to see this uncensored I'd suggest the BluRay/DVD rips since they might be a better choice. tongue.gif

user posted image
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Oct 17 2011, 11:58 AM Quote
It was again a different episode as expected. I thought they would continue with the arms smuggle story but nothing of it. A background episode ain't bad but so soon without any connection to the main story just feels like a filler. Still we get some information on two girls. I must say that the stories were simple. However one thing was nice though. Yamato confessing that he saved her just to ease his own mind. The remark that he doesn't deserve her was also good. I hope that they get together as it gives of a feeling that he does like her back...Miyako is way nicer than Momoya who gives of a feeling of only liking him as a sibling. Mayucchi was plain boring with her panty reason.

antabaka84-san   Oct 19 2011, 07:00 AM Quote
There seemed to be a great disconnect from the first episode to the second. I honestly thought I might have missed something, as the second episode starts with everybody all buddy buddy and for hire! What!??!

Characters seem familiar in a way, as I feel Momoyo is a knock off of Nagi from Nyan Koi and Miyako seems like a knock off of Mizore from Rosario Vampire. Also, the little mascot seems like it would fit perfectly into the Kampfer universe.

Strangely enough, I find this series appealing so far. Fight scenes are done decently and I feel some of the characters can become quite likable (Miyako and Yukie) I'll form more analytical opinions once the series is further underway.

user posted image

Episode 4
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!! @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Oct 22 2011, 08:48 PM

Kid-Wolf~The Lazy Shinigami's Servant~   Fansub TV Team Oct 25 2011, 10:11 AM Quote
Pretty much this epsidoe kind of shows that this series might do much better to watch when the DVD/BluRay rips come out now.

In any case it seesm that they are doing a two girl introduction along with that one girl still doing anything drastic to get into Yamato's pants still. rolleyes.gif

Aside from all of that I'm guessing that after all of this it would seem he's not blood related to who he calls Nee-san here. Although it explains as to why she likes to chase after qute girls since no guy can match her Oni-like Power that she has.

Also, I kind of noticed that the VA for that pervy camera guy sounds just like the guy who VAed Eroma-kun from the Enma-kun series. so it would explain as to why he is so ero ero with how girls look when he does those poses. Although I'm getting the feeling this might turn out to be a running gag though. rolleyes.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Oct 25 2011, 12:00 PM Quote
So another introduction to the girls. This time Chris and Wanko.
Yamato sure was sneaky with Chris with his speech. If he thinks that would work was pretty stupid. To see how he acts with Wanko was completely different. That felt like he really can be a good brotherfigure for her. Miyako still is trying hard to get closer to Yamato...hopefully we get something between them.
Hopefully the next episode will be back to the story again.

Killer_Ossi-sama   Oct 26 2011, 01:57 PM Quote
Im gonna wait for the BDs before I continue watching. I mean why are they censoring the archer when she still has a t-shirt on oO

Episode 5
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!! @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Oct 30 2011, 03:31 PM

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Nov 01 2011, 02:44 PM Quote
Episode 5 wasn't an improvement on the previous episode sad.gif . Why do we get only introduction of girls and no continuation of the story?...When Miyako appeared in the first scene with her glueing her face on all the books of Yamato it was still a nice episode. But that foodgiving scene was the beginning of the end for this episode. It felt like previous episodes without any meaning for the story. This series really has done itself no favors in the last episodes..

never_ending-chan   Nov 02 2011, 06:09 PM Quote
*Sigh*

I'm at a loss that they would create the anime without having any background info of the characters... defiantly catered for the ones that played the game.

Well the first two was OK with the second giving plenty of laughs, but episode 3 and 4 just felt so disjointed makes me wonder what they were doing when they were creating the episode.

Probably catering to the fan service from the over excessive amount of bath scenes!

Wanko's bit in episode 4 was really good compare to the others.

As for episode 5... better than the last two episodes.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/maji_de_wata...i_koi_shinasai/

The link leads to the manga which covers the prologue of the game.

user posted image

Episode 6
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!! @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Nov 06 2011, 04:14 PM

Kid-Wolf~The Lazy Shinigami's Servant~   Fansub TV Team Nov 07 2011, 10:36 AM Quote
Ok so epsidoe 5 and 6 came out and quite frankly I'm even sure what the heck is going on aside from one girl from S class seems to have an odd then for him for most of epsidoe 5, but it slightly carried over into 6 as well.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Nov 12 2011, 07:03 AM Quote
This was bad...i never got the feeling i wanted to watch this episode to the end. Sure at first Miyako's try to get Yamato again was nice but the middle part was just boring. To see them want to walk around with a mitsukoshi (well, sort of...) was dull. The only interesting part was the talk near the end and that was too late for me to save the episode. Worst episode of this series for me.

Episode 7
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!! @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Nov 13 2011, 05:15 PM

Episode 8
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!! @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Nov 20 2011, 10:21 AM

Kid-Wolf~The Lazy Shinigami's Servant~   Fansub TV Team Nov 21 2011, 01:03 PM Quote
Ok and now with episode 7 and 8 we pretty much got back to what happened in the second epsidoe here. Pretty much it makes me think that they did things a bit bass awards here.

Although at least we got an explaination as to what that group was doing and kind fo why they were doing said things here.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Episode 9
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!! @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Nov 27 2011, 12:40 PM

Episode 10
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!! @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Dec 04 2011, 01:55 AM

Episode 11
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!! @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Dec 11 2011, 10:11 AM

Episode 12
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!! @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Dec 19 2011, 02:34 AM

greginboots-chi   Dec 20 2011, 07:04 AM Quote
Anyone know who the old dude in the trench with the joker face bandages going on was? I'm rather lost...

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Team Jan 16 2012, 11:05 PM Quote
Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai or Maji Koi for short is a 12 episode series set in the same world as Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de, which also received an anime adaptation in 2008.

Unsurprisingly the show is "just another harem" anime. The opening episode was probably by far the best episode in the series with the class wars, hilarious comedy, and set up what could potentially be an interesting show. Sadly, all hopes were literally shattered by episode 2 and 3 when the series began progressing at the snail pace of introducing the heroines through fanservice episodes. Furthermore, as the series went on, the show not only became more ridiculous and unbelievable it lacked the interesting feel and premise the first episode had. The "story" (if you could even imagine one) lacked direction and focus making it difficult to follow and link the events going on. Lastly, the final episode was the worse in the series: while it tried to re-simulate episode 1, the fact that an actual mech appeared really annoyed me regardless of all other crazy things already going on. Not to mention that the ending was not really an ending if you ask me...

Animation wise is okay by Lerche. Considering Lerche is also doing Carnival Phantasm, this show just doesn't even compare. Art wise is also not that impressive. It's often more cheap than decent.

OP was okay, ED sequence was occasionally funny with Matsukaze and background music is pretty unmemorable. Seiyuu was okay.

Enjoyment? First episode aside, none.

Overall, while I did no have much hope for this show to begin with, this show had much more potential than it showed and I'm sorely disappointed with the result after an okay start. Unfortunately, not only did the show take a wrong turn immediately after that, but also continued that slippery slope all the way to the end of the series. Some of the humor remained but it wasn't enough to drive the series forward, especially as it became more repetitive.

Preliminary Score: 6/10
Final Score: 5/10

user posted image
user posted image
Watchlist Updated
Top 5 Ongoing anime (12/19/2011)
1) Mawaru Penguindrum
2) Shakugan no Shana III
3) Fate/Zero
4) Bakuman 2
5) Nurarihyon no Mago ~Sennen Makyou~

Claims:
-Lacus (Gundam Seed/Destiny)
-Hayami (H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~)
-Priecia (Prism Ark)
-Fate (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's)
-Caro (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS)
-Yuuko Amamiya (ef ~A Tale of Memories/Melodies~)
-Yomi (Ga-Rei -Zero-)
-Nanaka (Myself; Yourself)
-Reika (Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun)
-Rika Furude (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/Kai)
-Hanyuu Furude (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai)
-Riko (Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~)
-Tamao (Strawberry Panic)
-Nagisa (Strawberry Panic)
-C.C. (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion)
-Makoto (Kanon 2002/2006)
-Mai (Kanon 2002/2006)
-Chikane Himemiya (Kannazuki no Miko)
-Kaon (Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora)
-Hazuki (Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito/Touka Gettan)
-Hatsumi (Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito/Touka Gettan)
-Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
-Nagi Sanzenin (Hayate no Gotoku)
-Hinagiku Katsura (Hayate no Gotoku)
-Yami (To Love-Ru)
-Mikan (To Love-Ru)
-Sora Kasugano (Yosuga no Sora -In Solitude Where We Are Least Alone-)
-Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia Knight of Ratatoskr)
-Haruka Nogizaka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
-Mika Nogizaka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
-Alistia Rein (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza)
-Kotori Shirakawa (Da Capo)
-Nanaka Shirakawa (Da Capo II)
-Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
-Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
-Sheryl Nome (Macross Frontier)
-Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier)
-Tomoyo Sakagami (Clannad)
-Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
-Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
-Index (To Aru Majutsu no Index)
-Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
-Mana (Gigantic Formula)
-Nagi (Kannagi)
-Yumemi Hidaka (Munto)
-Rina Ogata (White Album)
-Azusa Nakano (K-ON!)
-Nodoka Haramura (Saki)
-Amae Koromo (Saki)
-Kanade (Asura Cryin')
-Misao (Asura Cryin')
-Misaki (Hatsukoi Limited)
-Koyoi (Hatsukoi Limited)
-Excel (Kurokami)
-Rouge (Basquash!)
-Citron (Basquash!)
-Alice (Pandora Hearts)
-Ada (Pandora Hearts)
-Sengoku Nadeko (Bakemonogatari)
-Shizuku Sakurai (Candy Boy)
-Seika Houjouin (Princess Lover!)
-Airi (Queen's Blade)
-Mafuyu (Seitokai no Ichizon)
-Kaede Sakura (Kampfer)
-Chise and Chiho (Kobato)
-Belphegor (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Lucifer (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Frederica Bernkastel (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Kukuri Tachibana (11eyes)
-Nymph (Sora no Otoshimono)
-Mina Tepes (Dance in the Vampire Bund)
-Kureha Suminoya (Sora no Woto)
-Sylvette Suede (Letter Bee)
-Fumino Serizawa (Mayoi Neko Overrun!)
-Yui (Angel Beats!)
-Kanade Tachibana/Tenshi (Angel Beats!)
-Poplar Taneshima (Working!!)
-Togame (Katanagatari)
-Hitei (Katanagatari)
-Aoba Tsukishima (Cross Game)
-Haruka Morishima (Amagami SS)
-Amu Hinamori (Shugo Chara!)
-Rima Mashiro (Shugo Chara!)
-Ryouko Ookami (Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi)
-Hitoha Marui (Mitsudomoe)
-Kirino Kousaka (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Kuroneko/Ruri Gokou (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Ayase Aragaki (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Mio Isurugi (MM!)
-Zakuro (Otome Youkai Zakuro)
-Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail)
-Mirajane (Fairy Tail)
-Stocking (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
-Tsukasa Ayatasuji (Amagami SS)
-Feldt Grace (Gundam 00)
-Mileina Vashti (Gundam 00)
-Saori Chiba (Hourou Musuko)
-Homura Akemi (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
-Naruko Anjou (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai)
-Eucliwood Hellscythe (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
-Sarasvati (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
-Mashu ([C])
-Aria Kanzaki (Hidan no Aria)
-Victorique de Blois (Gosick)
-Cordelia Gallo (Gosick)
-Yuina Wakura (Hanasaku Iroha)
-Erio Touwa (Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko)
-Yuuko Shionji a.k.a Alice (Kami-sama no Memochou)
-Subaru Konoe (Mayo Chiki!)
-Himea Saito (Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi)
-Dalian (Dantalian no Shoka)
-Misaki Tokura (Cardfight!! Vanguard)
-Ruri Aiba (Sacred Seven)
-Iori Minase (The iDOLM@STER)
-Miki Hoshii (The iDOLM@STER)
-Kyouko Toshinou (Yuru Yuri)
-Fear Kubrick (C3)
-Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
-Rise Kujikawa (Persona 4)
-Kobato Hasegawa (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
-Sena Kashiwazaki (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
-Horizon Ariadust (Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon)
-Tsugumi (Guilty Crown)
-Inori Yuzuriha (Guilty Crown)

< Back to Animes >

Topic Options Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll