File Problems
Website/Forum
Episode Playback
Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Last Exile: Fam, The Silver Wing, Range Murata Lolis!

Pages: (7) 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 
Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Mar 28 2012, 12:58 PM Quote
QUOTE (Norren @ Mar 28 2012, 12:58 PM)
Delayed re: guild stuff.
It isn't just S2, but S1 does a relatively good job of trying to hide it off camera, in that "Leave it to your imagination" sort of way.

On a misc. note... did anyone else notice the lifeboats in Ano Natsu de Matteru were similar to Guild Starfish?

Well, subtlety is a virtue. And I still think the lightsabers in S2 are completely overboard.

I didn't notice the similarity, could you elaborate?

PS Haven't seen the ep yet cause whiners are taking their sweet time, will post impressions laterz.

user posted image

My rarely-updated anime list

/人(◕ ‿‿ ◕)人\ 僕と契約して。。。

Norren-chan   Mar 28 2012, 06:55 PM Quote
QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 28 2012, 11:58 AM)
Well, subtlety is a virtue. And I still think the lightsabers in S2 are completely overboard.

I didn't notice the similarity, could you elaborate?

The lightsabers themselves are not what's actually the problem. They're not lightsabers so much as they are unusual energized memory metals. Notice they never "burn" anybody with them, there's cuts, they can just freely shape and contract them, which matches the overall theme of their "robes" that double as jumpsuits.

Really, if the guild just didn't have the "we teleport away from your bullets" nonsense and instead replaced it with body armor, it wouldn't even be an issue. their careless fighting style would make perfect sense, in that whole "you use knives to punch through kevlar bulletproof vests" sort of way.

As for the similarity... it's mostly in the ship functionality. Both ships operate on the same basic flying wedge w/ psuedo-wings design, both psuedo-wings are used as arms to pick up objects and attack them.

This post has been edited by Norren on Mar 28 2012, 06:56 PM

Episode 21
Last Exile: Fam, The Silver Wing @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 29 2012, 07:16 AM

ginsengsamurai-chi   Apr 01 2012, 02:45 PM Quote
Is it just me or something is odd from episode 20 to 21? As if something is missing between those two episodes. It went from a banquet, with Fam briefly getting reunited with her grandfather, to having the Liliana shot by Dyan accidentally while trying to kill the premier, to being inside a giant space ship and everyone is working together to shoot the ship down and somehow Millia taking command of the Reaper...... o_o

ImTakes La Bohemia~~   Sempais Apr 01 2012, 02:48 PM Quote
QUOTE (ginsengsamurai @ Apr 01 2012, 01:45 PM)
Is it just me or something is odd from episode 20 to 21? As if something is missing between those two episodes. It went from a banquet, with Fam briefly getting reunited with her grandfather, to having the Liliana shot by Dyan accidentally while trying to kill the premier, to being inside a giant space ship and everyone is working together to shoot the ship down and somehow Millia taking command of the Reaper...... o_o

You are not alone in questioning the mediocrity of this one...whatever became of what...your guess is as good as mine but since it matters not anymore, let's look forward to Spring and the promise thereof. wink.gif Poor Fam bamn...forever to be set aside and ridiculed...whatever. tongue.gif

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Apr 02 2012, 09:26 AM Quote
QUOTE (ginsengsamurai @ Apr 01 2012, 03:45 PM)

I thought it was just me not paying attention, since I stopped caring about halfway through. They did seem to want to cram more content than the episodes could hold quite often - despite wasting 3 on recaps.

In the end, I didn't make much sense of the series, and don't even know if I should rate it at all.

user posted image

/人(◕ ‿‿ ◕)人\ 僕と契約して。。。

Norren-chan   Apr 02 2012, 12:00 PM Quote
Somewhere around episode 16 it looked like they started dropping 5~10 minutes worth of scenes per episode for time.

I remember one episode in particular where one minute, Millia is wondering where the Sylvius is and planning on how to steal the Lasses back, an imperial messenger arrives, credits roll, next episode, Millia and Vasant are talking in the imperial capital.

They just failed to plan. utterly.

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Apr 03 2012, 02:50 AM Quote
I'm kind of glad that my trouble to follow the plot wasn't entirely due to my utter lack of interest and thus attention. Though I'd be able to overlook the holes if the main characters were half as well-developed as S1. Ep. 1 Fam is barely different from ep. 21 Fam. Giselle was a static sidekick with less personality than a chair. IMO, this is probably the show's worst fault. The boring main duo pretty much ruined any chance of an intense and emotional culmination in the last ep. (Although frankly, the incomprehensible villain helped a lot too. While I do appreciate the effort to write a "gray" antagonist, it felt too heavy-handed.)

user posted image

/人(◕ ‿‿ ◕)人\ 僕と契約して。。。

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Apr 04 2012, 11:19 AM Quote
So its over. And it had quite a surprise at the end with Fam not winning but Tatiana, who definitely deserves it (because Dio got disqulaified because of what ever).

Overall there is still a lot to explain as why is Dian not in prison? She killed someone while the war was over. Why was Dio disqualified? Why was Claus in a wheelchair? Why was the Silvius pierced by two tentacles in one scene but not anymore the next scene? How did Millia get from noob to a good tactical commander in just, who knows, one day? Why did they bring up the backstory of Fam if they dont even explain it properly? Why did they waste two eps on the recap instead of explaining all that stuff? The end was just so rushed it was really really bad.

Summarised this is a mess plotwise, far worse than even Guilty Crown.

This gets a 6/10 from me because the end made it a lot worse yet again, before it may had gotten a 7/10. The only really good things were Tatiana, Millias character development in the latter half and Dio. Ok and Liliana in her hot nightgown in the first ep too ^^

Currently not watching much because of moving.

My Animelist

Top 5 of currently airing TV-series:(01.04.12)
Waiting for new season to roll in and time to actually watch it ^^

Norren-chan   Apr 04 2012, 01:46 PM Quote
My interpretation of the great race photos in the ending was that we were seeing 3~4 years of race results back to back. Some of the characters seemed to age a pinch. Originally, I was going to marathon the series when finished and see if there were little details I missed, now I'm not sure I care enough to. >_>;

Claus was in a wheelchair because of something that happens in travelers from the hourglass. Not sure what yet, they haven't got that far. It's kind of sad that the LE -> LE:Fam bridge comic has taken so long.

I'd like to imagine there's a bunch of scenes we flat out missed with Alister teaching Millia the basics of naval command over the course of the series. They were grooming her to take command of the Lassas, after all. She also wasn't that good, most of her decisions had a highly emotional bent to them, towards the end there she basically only survived because of the skill of her crew, I'd say.

Dian not being in prison... I'd like to think is a mix of Millia's choice and political expediency. You'd also be hard pressed to find a Turan citizen that didn't want Traitor Queen Liliana dead, anyway.

God only knows what they were thinking with Fam's backstory. I think they built themselves into a corner and decided to let it wait to prevent problems. Consider had Fam known that the old fart was her grandfather in the Grand Exile battle - she'd have tried to go after him and redeem him somehow. She's that kind of idiot.

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Apr 05 2012, 02:52 AM Quote
God only knows what they were thinking with Fam's backstory. I think they built themselves into a corner and decided to let it wait to prevent problems. Consider had Fam known that the old fart was her grandfather in the Grand Exile battle - she'd have tried to go after him and redeem him somehow. She's that kind of idiot.

I actually kinda woulda liked to see that happen. I was a bit disappointed that they spent so much time hinting on that connection but never used it for anything meaningful.

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (7) 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll