Chihayafuru

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Killer_Ossi

Killer_Ossi

Retired

• Kouhais
  • 3817 posts
  • Interests:Chilling with friends<br>Pen-&amp;-Paper RPG<br>Animes, Mangas, Hentai<br>PC-Games<br>Bodybuilding

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

So its over. The last ep was really great, especially the music was really fitting.

Overall this show hada great beginning, got really bad in the middle and better at the end again. But still it was a bit disappointing since after the first ep I thought it would be more drama instead of slice-of-life.

Characterwise this show was really good. The only character which was unlikeable was Chihayas sister, but gladly she didnt appear often. The rest of the cast were pretty good, especially the karuta club was a nice watch since they all were completely different but still had a good atmosphere together. Ok Chihaya was quite unbearable in the middle since she was only moping around after losing again and again, but except for this she was an interesting lead.

Animation style was strange sometimes, especially the faces looked weird a lot of times.

Overall a enjoyable series which should get a second season since its quite disappointing not seeing an actual end to everything.
8/10 from me.
[Admin note: Sig removed due to negative comments toward the community]

#62 wedora

wedora

-dono

• Sempais
  • 772 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

I finished watching this one earlier this weekend, and think id put it down as my favorite series of the season. I have a problem with a lot of sports animes because they tend to be about baseball or soccer, and i think this followed the sports anime style but was a breath of fresh air to it. A mix of slice of life, sports, and a little drama. All of the characters were enjoyable unique people who didnt feel like archetypal rehashes and their interactions and troubles were great too. I didnt think id ever enjoy watching a series about a game id never play or experience, but i was wrong.

Now for the knocks, there wasnt much personal character progression as it focused more on competitive karuta and their advancements there, as well as the friendships. Also the show moved at quite the slow pace and little progress was really made between eps 10 and 25 other thsn their karuta progressions. The ending also left a lot to be desired, but id hope there will be a second season given how good this one was.

Overall, an 8/10 from me. An interesting story that stood on its own and had a lot to enjoy. Would recommend and dont regret the watch one bit.
user posted image
MAL

#63 JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER

- Sky King

• Fansub TV Team
  • 8829 posts
  • Interests:My Anime List (UNCOMPLETED): -<br><br>http://myanimelist.net/animelist/JCDRANZER<br><br>To get my original &quot;total post count&quot;..... add (+) 500 posts, they were reduced coz of &quot;spamming&quot;.....bah. &gt;.&gt;<br><br>NAMES: -<br><br>JCDRANZER - Sky King ~ Rey del Cielo ~ Ô-SAMAのスパム!<br><br>COMPLETED DORAMA:-<br><br>1.) Kurosagi<br>2.) Liar Game<br>3.) Hana Yori Dango Season 1<br>4.) Hana Yori Dango Season 2<br>5.) Hanazaraki no kimi tachi E (J-version)<br>6.) It Started with a Kiss<br>7.) Majo no Jouken (Forbidden Love)<br>8.) Devil Beside You<br>9.) My Boss, My Hero<br>10.) Sang Doo, Let's go to School!<br>11.) Full House<br>12.) One Pound Gospel<br>13.) Suppli (or &quot;Sapuri&quot;)<br>14.) Bull Fighting<br>15.) Sleeping Forest<br>16.) Stand Up!!<br>17.) Galileo<br>18.) Tiger &amp; Dragon (5 STARS - BRILLANT!!! XD)<br>19.) Nobuta wa Produce (Wonderful!! XD)<br>20.) Proposal Daisakusen<br>21.) Ikebukuro West Gate Park (aka IWGP) (+Special) (AMAZING!)<br>22.) Dragon Zakura<br>23.) [email protected] (Loved it!!)<br>24.) Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi ~the smile has left your eyes~ (A Million Stars Falling from the Sky ~ the smile has left your eyes~)<br>25.) Mukodono 2003<br>26.) Gokusen (Season 1)<br>27.) Kisarazu Cat's Eye (One of Fav series!!)<br>28.) Long Vacation<br>29.) Bambino!<br>30.) Boku dake no Madonna<br>31.) Good Luck!!<br>32.) H2 ~ Kimi to Itahibi<br>33.) 4 Shimai Tantei Dan<br>34.) Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage)<br>35.) The Devil (Mawang) (The best series ever!!)<br>36.) Engine<br>37.) Puzzle(2007)<br>38.) Goong (Princess Hours/Palace)<br>39.) HERO<br><br>Currently Watching DORAMA: -<br><br>1.) Gokusen series<br>2.) GTO<br>3.) They Kiss Again<br>4.) Honey and Clover<br>5.) Love Contract<br>6.) Fantasy Couple<br>7.) Gumiho (Nine-Tail Fox/Forbidden Love)<br>8.) Hello my Teacher! (Hardtack Teacher and Sugar Candy)<br>9.) Coffee Prince<br>10.) Hana-Kimi (TW-dorama)<br>11.) Wonderful Life<br>12.) Himitsu no Hanazono<br>13.) Strawberry on the Shortcake<br>14.) Lunch Queen<br>15.) Densha Otoko<br>16.) Fated to Love You (new Taiwanese Dorama)<br>17.) Maison Ikkoku SPECIAL<br>18.) Shukumei SPECIAL<br>19.) Maou<br>20.) Osen<br>21.) HERO<br>22.) Last Christmas<br>23.) Resurrection<br>24.) Zettai Kareshi<br>25.) Romeo and Juliet<br>26.) Yasuko to Kenji<br>27.) So I'm not so Handsome<br>28.) Attention Please<br><br>Anime...I was hardcore with it but I'm just laying off it for a bit....will get back to it in due course. <br><br>Hehehe...MyAnimeList......I was never able to complete it.....too long and I remember being the one who showed the site to a few others....who ended up actually doing it....anyways....I've got my one here....the link is up there...go check out my laziness....slowly at a snail pace at doing the anime list...which for me exceed over 800 watched series/OVAs/movies........yup......I've been into anime for a hefty long time now. LOL<br><br>I'm looking forward to watch (in terms of anime): -<br><br>1.) Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2<br>2.) Macross Frontier<br>3.) Vampire Knight<br>4.) Sekirei<br>5.) xxxHOLiC - Kei<br>6.) Tower of Druaga - the Aegis of Uruk<br>7.) To-LOVE-Ru<br>8.) Special A<br>9.) Itzura na Kiss<br>10.) Real Drive<br>11.) Nabari no Ou<br>12.) Shina Dark<br>13.) Soul Eater<br>14.) Blassreiter<br>15.) Crystal Blaze<br>16.) Amatsuki

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

I was bickering in my head about what to watch, I at one point thought I had become exhausted from watching all the anime marathons I had been doing lately.

I was trying to choose between these shows:-

Un-Go, Kimi ni Todoke Season 2, Medaka Box, Kuroko no Basket, Kokoro Connect, Chihayafuru.

I honestly didn't know what to start watching, I finally settled with Chihayafuru because I was thinking I might as well since the 2nd season starts in January.

Saw the first episode and it has become an instant addiction and I'll probably finish this before the weekend.

Lolz, I was suppose to post this before I watched the 2nd episode and I just realised I hadn't.

The 2nd episode was even better and I know Mashima stole his glasses but I understand some of the reasons why he did that. I'm secretly rooting for him and Chihaya to become a couple in the future but that's probably going to take forever.

For the time being this series is pretty darn good and I'm happy I chose it, I guess one of the main reasons is that Hikaru no Go was one of the recommended series for it and HnG is awesome.

I'll report back once I've finished the first season.
user posted image
My Incomplete Anime List =P
user posted image

Seishun Bakusou!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

LUNA is mine!!!!!!!!!!!! user posted image

TYPE-MOON Slave....TSUKIHIME ROCKSSSS!!!!

TITLES ---> JCD-Ô-SAMAのスパム! ~*JCD - His Majesty of Spam(hood)*~!! nickname given by the Lovely Orofena
Captain(Taichou) of GHFC ~*Ghost Hunt Fan Club*~!!
Proud member of NBP ~*NANA Blogish Posters*~!!
Proud member of KKA~Kawaii Kawaii Asa-sempai~!!
Proud member of MSFGFC ~*Manabi Straight Forward Go Fan Clubber*~!!
Proud member of NGEC ~*Neon Genesis Evangelion Crew*~!! (a "permanent" prisoner of the EVA thread)
Leader of YNSHFC ~*Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge Fan Club*~!!
Leader of BRFCFC ~*Busou Renkin Forever Campaign Fan Club*~!!

#64 julezia

julezia

-chibi

• Fansub TV Team
  • 3242 posts
  • Interests:on vacation~

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Chihayafuru was one of the better shows to come out this year, you won't regret picking it up JCD smile.gif
I'm psyched for the 2nd season, not much of a wait now! And yes, I'm on Team Taichi too wink.gif
user posted image

Currently Watching:
Shingeki no Kyojin, Monogatari Series: Second Season, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, Genshiken Nidaime, Silver Spoon, Free!, Blood Lad, Rozen Maiden Zurckspulen, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince, Space Brothers, Uchouten Kazoku, Servant x Service, Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation, Gatchaman Crowds, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou

My Anime List

#65 JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER

- Sky King

• Fansub TV Team
  • 8829 posts
  • Interests:My Anime List (UNCOMPLETED): -<br><br>http://myanimelist.net/animelist/JCDRANZER<br><br>To get my original &quot;total post count&quot;..... add (+) 500 posts, they were reduced coz of &quot;spamming&quot;.....bah. &gt;.&gt;<br><br>NAMES: -<br><br>JCDRANZER - Sky King ~ Rey del Cielo ~ Ô-SAMAのスパム!<br><br>COMPLETED DORAMA:-<br><br>1.) Kurosagi<br>2.) Liar Game<br>3.) Hana Yori Dango Season 1<br>4.) Hana Yori Dango Season 2<br>5.) Hanazaraki no kimi tachi E (J-version)<br>6.) It Started with a Kiss<br>7.) Majo no Jouken (Forbidden Love)<br>8.) Devil Beside You<br>9.) My Boss, My Hero<br>10.) Sang Doo, Let's go to School!<br>11.) Full House<br>12.) One Pound Gospel<br>13.) Suppli (or &quot;Sapuri&quot;)<br>14.) Bull Fighting<br>15.) Sleeping Forest<br>16.) Stand Up!!<br>17.) Galileo<br>18.) Tiger &amp; Dragon (5 STARS - BRILLANT!!! XD)<br>19.) Nobuta wa Produce (Wonderful!! XD)<br>20.) Proposal Daisakusen<br>21.) Ikebukuro West Gate Park (aka IWGP) (+Special) (AMAZING!)<br>22.) Dragon Zakura<br>23.) [email protected] (Loved it!!)<br>24.) Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi ~the smile has left your eyes~ (A Million Stars Falling from the Sky ~ the smile has left your eyes~)<br>25.) Mukodono 2003<br>26.) Gokusen (Season 1)<br>27.) Kisarazu Cat's Eye (One of Fav series!!)<br>28.) Long Vacation<br>29.) Bambino!<br>30.) Boku dake no Madonna<br>31.) Good Luck!!<br>32.) H2 ~ Kimi to Itahibi<br>33.) 4 Shimai Tantei Dan<br>34.) Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage)<br>35.) The Devil (Mawang) (The best series ever!!)<br>36.) Engine<br>37.) Puzzle(2007)<br>38.) Goong (Princess Hours/Palace)<br>39.) HERO<br><br>Currently Watching DORAMA: -<br><br>1.) Gokusen series<br>2.) GTO<br>3.) They Kiss Again<br>4.) Honey and Clover<br>5.) Love Contract<br>6.) Fantasy Couple<br>7.) Gumiho (Nine-Tail Fox/Forbidden Love)<br>8.) Hello my Teacher! (Hardtack Teacher and Sugar Candy)<br>9.) Coffee Prince<br>10.) Hana-Kimi (TW-dorama)<br>11.) Wonderful Life<br>12.) Himitsu no Hanazono<br>13.) Strawberry on the Shortcake<br>14.) Lunch Queen<br>15.) Densha Otoko<br>16.) Fated to Love You (new Taiwanese Dorama)<br>17.) Maison Ikkoku SPECIAL<br>18.) Shukumei SPECIAL<br>19.) Maou<br>20.) Osen<br>21.) HERO<br>22.) Last Christmas<br>23.) Resurrection<br>24.) Zettai Kareshi<br>25.) Romeo and Juliet<br>26.) Yasuko to Kenji<br>27.) So I'm not so Handsome<br>28.) Attention Please<br><br>Anime...I was hardcore with it but I'm just laying off it for a bit....will get back to it in due course. <br><br>Hehehe...MyAnimeList......I was never able to complete it.....too long and I remember being the one who showed the site to a few others....who ended up actually doing it....anyways....I've got my one here....the link is up there...go check out my laziness....slowly at a snail pace at doing the anime list...which for me exceed over 800 watched series/OVAs/movies........yup......I've been into anime for a hefty long time now. LOL<br><br>I'm looking forward to watch (in terms of anime): -<br><br>1.) Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2<br>2.) Macross Frontier<br>3.) Vampire Knight<br>4.) Sekirei<br>5.) xxxHOLiC - Kei<br>6.) Tower of Druaga - the Aegis of Uruk<br>7.) To-LOVE-Ru<br>8.) Special A<br>9.) Itzura na Kiss<br>10.) Real Drive<br>11.) Nabari no Ou<br>12.) Shina Dark<br>13.) Soul Eater<br>14.) Blassreiter<br>15.) Crystal Blaze<br>16.) Amatsuki

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (julezia @ Dec 07 2012, 07:15 PM)
Chihayafuru was one of the better shows to come out this year, you won't regret picking it up JCD smile.gif
I'm psyched for the 2nd season, not much of a wait now! And yes, I'm on Team Taichi too wink.gif

I have absolutely no regrets, I have pretty much fallen in love with this series, it was brilliant from start to end and I am so happy that it's getting a 2nd season, January feels so far away! XD

(*Crap...I completely forgot I was writing this post*)

I finished the first season about 2 hours ago and now I'm reading the manga, its pretty darn entertaining.

Once I started, I pretty much couldn't stop watching and I did it in one run, it took me about 12 hours, I know one of the episodes was a recap so I skimmed through it but I watched everything in the episode that was brand new, particularly the comedy word-game segments. rolleyes.gif

I'm cheering for the TaichiXAyase couple!

My rating is of course biased because I fell head-over-heels in love with this series and I'm giving it a masterpiece rating of 10/10. biggrin.gif

user posted image
My Incomplete Anime List =P
user posted image

Seishun Bakusou!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

LUNA is mine!!!!!!!!!!!! user posted image

TYPE-MOON Slave....TSUKIHIME ROCKSSSS!!!!

TITLES ---> JCD-Ô-SAMAのスパム! ~*JCD - His Majesty of Spam(hood)*~!! nickname given by the Lovely Orofena
Captain(Taichou) of GHFC ~*Ghost Hunt Fan Club*~!!
Proud member of NBP ~*NANA Blogish Posters*~!!
Proud member of KKA~Kawaii Kawaii Asa-sempai~!!
Proud member of MSFGFC ~*Manabi Straight Forward Go Fan Clubber*~!!
Proud member of NGEC ~*Neon Genesis Evangelion Crew*~!! (a "permanent" prisoner of the EVA thread)
Leader of YNSHFC ~*Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge Fan Club*~!!
Leader of BRFCFC ~*Busou Renkin Forever Campaign Fan Club*~!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users