Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Ano Natsu de Matteru, Comedy, Romance, Sci-Fi

Pages: (7) 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 
NecroRyu-san   Mar 12 2012, 07:21 PM Quote
QUOTE (Norren @ Mar 09 2012, 03:56 AM)
I'm not sure if it's the art style, an intentional detail, or just an oversight, but I think I've noticed at least two scenes where Lemon didn't actually have a shadow... anyone else notice this, or am I just crazy/seeing things? She's an imp to be sure, and the way she always seems to be under a parasol in places where it'd be obvious just kind of drives up the "wait a minute" factor.

I noticed that too but if you think about it Lemon can pop from nowhere to film people with uncanny timing, I'll be not surprised if she doesn't have any shadow as well... in one of my first posts in this thread I commented we haven't seen yet where she lives or if she has any family unlike the rest of the cast but there is no doubt she's a real mystery to be a human so it's probably a) a MIB/secret agent, b) a vampire/imp or c) a stealth stalker (or all options) xD

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Mar 12 2012, 07:18 PM)
Who wouldve thought that we would get a new hot chick now? I thought Manami would remain the only one in this show. Glad to see I was wrong with Ichikas beautiful sister appearing.

^^ actually I though about it before the drone appeared, as posted previously I was right after all with the arrival of her big sister (too bad she did a bit late) and I'm glad that hottie will have more screentime before this series ends but I wonder if they'll pull another onegai teacher homage introducing her little sis too... also as I mentioned in the previous episode Ichika will be separated from Kaito telling by the preview, she admited traveling on her own to Earth so I guess it's either the reason why her sister has to bring her back or it's an order of the federation (or both) huh.gif

This post has been edited by NecroRyu on Mar 12 2012, 08:30 PM

April's theme Fate/Zero ava: loli Rin & sig: Saber vs. Lancer
user posted imageuser posted image
Scores of the Latest top 10 Anime TV Series / OVA Series:
1. Mirai Nikki - 9/10 (airing, Episode 0 OVA 8/10)
2. Nisemonogatari - 9/10 (Bakemonogatari 10/10)
3. Black ★Rock Shooter TV - 9/10 (B★RS OVA 6/10)
4. Uchuu Kyoudaii aka Space Brothers - 8/10 (airing)
5. Kimi no Iru Machi OVAs - 8/10 (ongoing, Suzuka 8/10)
6. Fate Zero Remix Specials - 8/10 (airing, TV series 9/10)
7. Leiji Matsumoto's Ozuma - 7/10 (airing, Interstella 8/10)
8. Hellsing The Dawn - 7/10 (ongoing, Ultimate ovas 10/10)
9. Another - 6/10 (waiting to watch Ep.0 for final score)
10. Saint Seiya Omega - 5/10 (airing, Heaven movie 5/10)

Kid-Wolf~The Voile's Library Assiant~   Fansub TV Team Mar 13 2012, 11:33 AM Quote
Well after seeing this episode it seems that Lemon knows what the fans want to happen between Ichika and Kaito. Not only that but I kind of got the feeling of her implying the "It's dangerous for you guys to be alone, so take this" bit came to mind there.

In any case at least Tetsurou finally was honest to Kanna, but from the looks of it Mio seems to still want him after getting it out of the open like that. Not only that but Kanna finally managed to come forwrd and mention about her feelings towrads Kaito as well.

Although with Ichika's sister showing up like this may mean one thing, and I know it's not like how they did the preview here. Two things could happen in this mess now. The first is highly likely of her dragging Ichika back home with her while the other is her sister deciding to go after Kaito just for no apparent reason. tongue.gif

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

Ninedeus-chi   Mar 13 2012, 11:09 PM Quote
So the love square once again is re-established but now this time there is transparency. Great turn of events IMO. Glad to see this ep. focused on resolving things as Tetsurou finally admitted to Kanna and to himself things he always felt and also gave her the push to be honest as well. This was a great way to move things along. I really have no idea how this honest and out in the open relationship between this group of people will turn out.

That phone call was one of the best examples of emotional backfire I have ever seen. When Tetsurou was about to rage as to why Kaito chose Ichika over Kanna, his emotions completely and utterly turned against him and he simply broke down.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Mar 13 2012, 11:33 AM)
Although with Ichika's sister showing up like this may mean one thing, and I know it's not like how they did the preview here. Two things could happen in this mess now. The first is highly likely of her dragging Ichika back home with her while the other is her sister deciding to go after Kaito just for no apparent reason.
I hope its the 1st and not the second as that would simply ruin the flow of the story, for me anyway. It would also be interesting along the lines of the 1st possibility that Ichika's sister would be a barrier between the two of them as she acts as her sister protector while they are still on earth.

Episode 11
Ano Natsu de Matteru @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 19 2012, 03:28 PM

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Mar 19 2012, 06:11 PM Quote
Gah, Lemon owns a Rapist Van, who woulda thought XD

ImTakes La Bohemia~~   Sempais Mar 20 2012, 12:38 AM Quote
QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 19 2012, 05:11 PM)
Gah, Lemon owns a Rapist Van, who woulda thought XD

That was one hell of a ride too...Lemon-chan, so cool, so composed...sheer grace under tremendous pressure. tongue.gif She kept it all together with the help of I-chan's sissie. I just loved this last episode. Mio and T-kun! Hooray! Kanna-chan, way to go girl! Kaito-kun...hang on to your dream! And Remon...gasp! Taken hostage...too funny. Gonna miss this one and look forward to the last episode next week...what a great Summer it has been too. Lemon-chan! You're the creme in my coffee! wink.gif

Life is grand with a glass in hand~~~ user posted image

user posted image 2009 FTV Awards
user posted image 2008 FTV Awards

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Kid-Wolf~The Voile's Library Assiant~   Fansub TV Team Mar 20 2012, 09:23 AM Quote
So pretty much I was spot on with my first guess about Ichika's sister showing up, but who would of thought that Lemon would be able to bail Ichika out with helping out with finding the spot on Earth for them to get to.

Although this might change the classifaction of the plannet if they get lucky getting there, but how this episode ended.... I can't say much about it.

At least I have to say I'm glad that Tetsurou finally accepted Mio's feelings now out of all of this and Kanna wanting to support Kaito in the end of all of this. tongue.gif

user posted image
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Mar 20 2012, 11:55 AM Quote
At least I have to say I'm glad that Tetsurou finally accepted Mio's feelings now

I was going to find a screenie of Pingdrum with the "Ah, youth" line, but I couldn't remember qhich ep it's from. But you get the idea tongue.gif

Tetsurou is totally in a position to build a harem right now if he plays his cards right biggrin.gif

user posted image

My rarely-updated anime list

/人(◕ ‿‿ ◕)人\ 僕と契約して。。。

Episode 12
Ano Natsu de Matteru @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 26 2012, 01:57 PM

NecroRyu-san   Mar 26 2012, 04:22 PM Quote
QUOTE (Ninedeus @ Mar 14 2012, 12:09 AM)
I really have no idea how this honest and out in the open relationship between this group of people will turn out.

that's the beauty of this series with their emotional changes keeping us interested to know what will happen next between them except for Lemon who's beyond being a simple girl in love and finally revealed as MIB agent, we couldn't really tell what was in her mind or about her feelings but since the start I had my suspicions because she was introduced as a mysterious and outstanding character having fun with their romantic circle so I don't mind (she's a little box of surprises without mentioning her mecha rapist van) ^^ ...while watching the grand finale I feared it would end tragically with thousands of drones sent to retrieve Ichika (luckly giant airbag Rinon saves the day xD) but good thing it didn't in the last seconds and was a nice touch to show their movie as a "recap" of their summer memories, overall Ano Natsu de Matteru turned out very good (almost as great as Ano Hana and beats Onegai Teacher in many aspects IMHO) with a well deserved 8/10 which got better episode by episode from my average 7/10 initial rating smile.gif

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Mar 26 2012, 05:01 PM Quote
Something I'm wondering - isn't "MIB" licensed? I have a hard time believing that they actually paid Hollywood off for the use of creative property to use it in the show...

Also, double cheers for .50 cal goodness! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

And Woot, another mandatory happy end! Overall, a well-done series even if it was nothing really special. A solid 7/10 here.

This post has been edited by Ausdoerrt on Mar 26 2012, 05:18 PM

user posted image

/人(◕ ‿‿ ◕)人\ 僕と契約して。。。

Ninedeus-chi   Mar 26 2012, 10:51 PM Quote
So ends a great series. The final episode was well put together as a culmination of everything that happened in the course of the series and the final few seconds was all that was needed to bring much needed closure.

A much recommended show, if you are looking for a series that has great interpersonal relationships that's not forced or shallow and like to take value in the small things that pop up in shows that add up to more that the sum of its parts, than this show is a must watch.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 26 2012, 05:01 PM)
Also, double cheers for .50 cal goodness! 
Agreed, there's never an inappropriate time to bring out an Anti-materiel rifle.

NecroRyu-san   Mar 26 2012, 10:59 PM Quote
QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 26 2012, 06:01 PM)
Something I'm wondering - isn't "MIB" licensed? I have a hard time believing that they actually paid Hollywood off for the use of creative property to use it in the show...

actually in a post some pages behind I commented about how many times they mentioned it in the first episodes like if they were trying to promote the MIB 3 movie coming in a few weeks, this last time was more obvious showing us lots of them apart of Lemon and even Manami's husband as agents... besides was funny how this series made us believe MIB as a simple reference in the beginning but really turned out as an organization that exists inside the Ano Natsu universe, in case I'm wrong also they never said the words "Men in Black" or what those letters stand for there

in a little off-topic matter about what you posted in the Shana S3 thread I'm going to take your advice in the next couple of threads I'll make about two new series with preliminar low scores and expectations for the first time, I believe too that 5/10 fits for mediocre anime not only because it's in the middle of the scale I use from 0 to 10 but as my usual limit to decide or not to drop a standard length series if I rate it as 4/10 or below after watching the first episode... don't get me wrong I respect reviewers like Kitsu and others from FTV who tend to analyse and explain with detail what they enjoy or dislike and why, they have been here longer than I am and it's not easy for me to express my point of view as english is my secondary language so I'm not that good speaking it but I'll do my best smile.gif

ImTakes La Bohemia~~   Sempais Mar 26 2012, 11:20 PM Quote
QUOTE (Ninedeus @ Mar 26 2012, 09:51 PM)
So ends a great series. The final episode was well put together as a culmination of everything that happened in the course of the series and the final few seconds was all that was needed to bring much needed closure.

A much recommended show, if you are looking for a series that has great interpersonal relationships that's not forced or shallow and like to take value in the small things that pop up in shows that add up to more that the sum of its parts, than this show is a must watch.

I totally agree....was indeed a fun series and one of my favorites from the Winter season. Loved how it all played out and was always left satisfied with how the character development was rendered, the love turmoils and angst resolved...great! Great! Great! My favorite character of course, the great and everlasting, Lemon-chan! I knew all along that my girl was MIB...she reeked of it and knowingly let on she let on. wink.gif Not one bit surprised she turned out to be who she said she was from the get-go though the gang scoffed at her but I knew. tongue.gif I will say it again and with gusto! Lemon-chan! You are the creme in my coffee! wink.gif 9/10

Life is grand with a glass in hand~~~ user posted image

user posted image 2008 FTV Awards

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Norren-chan   Mar 27 2012, 12:02 AM Quote
That was an awesome ending. From the random MIBs to the movie review to the subtle finale with it's callback quote. happy.gif

On MIB: Isn't MIB a comic first, movie later? The comic companies have been working with Japan here and there in recent years, ne?

Barbobot-the Pirate King   Fansub TV Team Mar 27 2012, 12:49 AM Quote
QUOTE (Norren @ Mar 27 2012, 02:02 AM)
That was an awesome ending. From the random MIBs to the movie review to the subtle finale with it's callback quote. happy.gif

On MIB: Isn't MIB a comic first, movie later? The comic companies have been working with Japan here and there in recent years, ne?

It was a comic first from the early 90's, but after some googling apparently the MIB mythos, ie a secret organization dealing with UFOs and the like in black attire, goes back to the 50's and 60's too.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Oblivious to the World - My Blog
Barbobot's Anime List
Current Top 5 Ongoing (Updated for Winter '10 01/10)
1. Durarara!
2. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
3. Katanagatari
4. Kimi ni Todoke
5. Dance in the Vampire Bund
Special Nod to Ongoing Series: Cross Game, FMAB

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Mar 27 2012, 01:05 AM Quote
in case I'm wrong also they never said the words "Men in Black" or what those letters stand for there

I believe they did spell it out the first time it came up.

EDIT: Barbo checked the wiki faster than I did tongue.gif

EDIT2: The new MiB movie trailer makes it look amazing btw.

This post has been edited by Ausdoerrt on Mar 27 2012, 01:07 AM

user posted image

/人(◕ ‿‿ ◕)人\ 僕と契約して。。。

ImTakes La Bohemia~~   Sempais Mar 27 2012, 01:12 AM Quote
QUOTE (Norren @ Mar 26 2012, 11:02 PM)
From the random MIBs to the movie review to the subtle finale with it's callback quote. happy.gif

Ah...yes! The subtle sweetness of I-chan standing there...Rimon on her shoulder and that fine Bolivian vest... well done! Bravo! Encore! tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif Ah well... wink.gif

Kid-Wolf~The Voile's Library Assiant~   Fansub TV Team Mar 27 2012, 07:43 AM Quote
Okay so this whole series was kind fo a side story of a cerain MiB agent Lemon afterall. Although if you ask me it does explain a whole lot of things as to why they were pulling a bit of a running gag from that setup though.

In any case it fully explains as to how Lemon was at the right place at the right time most of the time. Not only that, but how she had the right equipment for the job as well.

Anyways prety much the ending was to be expected along with the ending at the end of the credits as well. As for cute alien girl series it was an okay series, granted it was mostly all about that one summer that they all had together. tongue.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Hyuuga Hakke Kūshō   Sempais Mar 27 2012, 09:13 AM Quote
I have to agree the series overall was very good but the ending tying everything together with Lemon-Chan being MIB was great!!! laugh.gif

Also the fact that Tetsurō's sister husband is MIB explains alot especially the fact that Tetsuro's sister and lemon knew each and Lemon's commment "forever seventeen"

But the best quote of the last episode was tetsuro's sister and Kanna in the car being chased and she yells for her husband to save her because "this thing is going to rape me" laugh.gif laugh.gif

user posted image
All hail BRFCFC!!

wedora-dono   Sempais Apr 02 2012, 08:14 AM Quote
Yayyyy i finished watching this one too. This was a nice mushy series that tugged at you all the way till the last 10 seconds. While none of the individual concepts were new, it wrapped everything together nicely into a solid package. Rinon was such a troublemaker, and its no surprise that they used the mib bit after referencing it so many times and lemon being such an opportunistic troll. The ending felt a little rushed and there was an excessive amount of angst in the series, but it ended how a series like this should, on a happy heartwarming note. Im also gonna dock points for the use of a black turtleneck, thick glasses, and a retro camera to try to make it "cool and unique." I think the series coulda been a bit better if kanna didnt run away after saying something all the time too. Geez girl, you dont give people the chance to talk! tongue.gif

8/10, i like sappy animes that end well smile.gif

user posted image
History is always written wrong, and so always needs to be rewritten.
-random Keine arrange in sig link, updated 2/3/2012-

MAL

Norren-chan   Apr 02 2012, 12:05 PM Quote
That reminds me of something that nagged at me the whole time - they had a good reason for the protagonist's retro camera, that being that he found it in his parents' stuff.

... but absolutely none what so ever for Lemon's retro camera.

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (7) 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll