Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

High School DxD, Angels, Demons, and Ecchi yeays :p

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3] 
nijlandp-sama   Sempais Mar 17 2012, 08:38 AM Quote
It was a nice feature indeed to be able to borrow other sacred gears. Raiser is way too strong for him though. Even if he can get stronger i can't imagine him being able to defeat something that regenerate. Or can his boosted gear use the power that Raiser has to get his own regeneration?
The next episode does seem predictable...hopefully the writers can make it interesting..

ImTakes-sama   Retired Mar 20 2012, 07:13 PM Quote
http://hatsuyuki-fansubs.com/
A mini special was just subbed. I already know who is gonna love this one...Woofie? tongue.gif
The title is of course; "We're going Sunbathing" Amusing title since many of us fans have already seen the girls in their birthday suits but will be nice to see my ero-lolo Issei and the blond bishounen Kiba, in their speedos? Maybe? tongue.gif

Hyuuga Hakke Kūshō   Sempais Mar 21 2012, 09:14 AM Quote
It almost make you consider being a devil wink.gif

Kid-Wolf~Posessed by the Phoenix~   Fansub TV Team Mar 21 2012, 09:58 AM Quote
Yes Aya-tan I did see it and quite frankly it felt like it was going to end up that way. Although who would of thought that sun tan oil was that slippery.

If it was me I would of taken a bit of what a certain girl did in another series and pour the oil on her back and then start rubbing, but that's just me. tongue.gif

Although it was kind fo interesting as to how he ended up inbetween Rias and Asia like that and saying he was in hell. Although it was smart for him to say that, but it wasn't enough to save him it seems. rolleyes.gif

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

ImTakes-sama   Retired Mar 21 2012, 12:05 PM Quote
Well, I had a good laugh over my ero-lolo's escapades with the suntan oil and those "slippery slopes" of both Rias-chan and Asia-chan. It was too funny to see the three of them slippin and slidin and all while taking in some sun. The swimsuits were not much of a surprise either for Rias or A-chan...Kiba was cute though, in his speedos. wink.gif
Issei-kun, I could not check him out but his board shorts were suitable but then he went slidin in them and it was downhill from there. tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Episode 12
High School DxD @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 23 2012, 04:26 AM

Kid-Wolf~Posessed by the Phoenix~   Fansub TV Team Mar 23 2012, 01:44 PM Quote
Well after seeing epsidoe 12 only one thing comes to mind here, and that's please let there be a season two here. laugh.gif

In any case to think that Issei-kun was actually a dragonboy to begin with. So that means he was a demon to begin with but didn't even know about it until after becoming a salve for Rias though. tongue.gif

Still I was supprised as to how the fight between Raiser and Iseei-kun turned out here, and not only that but even Raiser's imouto stepping him to keep from from taking out her brother like that only to blush at the thing he said to her in the end of that fight. It looks like he might actually work his way into getting a harem somewhere down the line if he keeps at it, and doesn't have to bail out his dear Rais all the time. tongue.gif laugh.gif

user posted image
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Mar 26 2012, 11:57 AM Quote
I must say that a second season would be nice. Still if it does get a second season it does i hope it won't go down the line like Rosario + Vampire.
Issei had a nice fight in the end with indeed a possibility of a harem.
In all it was a nice enough series with some good characters like Asia.
So maybe a 7.5 out of 10 is a good score.

Killer_Ossi Retired   Apr 17 2012, 03:30 AM Quote
Finally I watched the last ep of this show. Dunno why it took me that long but this show was strange to watch to begin with. I really liked the show but it was somehow always the last one I watch.

I really liked that the fight wasnt as Deus Ex-ish as I thought it would be. Instead of Issei beeing completely overpowered and somehow winning just with his feelings for Rias he used his wits and was able to defeat Riser.

Overall it was a really good show with lots of good characters (Rias, Akeno, Aria, Issei, Raynelle, Lunabella), nice action, good comedy and a lot of hot fanservice. Even the story was pretty good even though its obvious that this was only a introductionary season.

Only downpoint was that Rias fell in love with Issei since Im a hardcore Otaku in that point.

8/10 from me.

[Admin note: Sig removed due to negative comments toward the community]

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Jun 06 2012, 07:38 PM Quote
High School DxD aired during the Winter 2012 anime season and was simulcasted and licensed for US distribution by Funimation Entertainment. A story that tells about Issei Hyoudou being reincarnated as a devil thanks to Rias Gremory. The show leaves an initial impression of the typical "ecchi romance comedy" title close to that of the recent Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi, or even Kaibutsu Oujo given its similar setup. However, only by watching the full show does the "truth" of the show reveals itself.

Story wise, the show lacked much of a direction overall. This is likely due to how short the anime is and the amount of setup time required for the show thereby only covering the "beginning arcs" of the source material. Pacing wise, however, it does fine job with nothing notably rushed and it actually keeps the ecchi material "relevant" rather than pointless for the most pat.

Animation wise is very solid. TNK is the same studio who worked on Kannazuki no Miko, Busou Shinki Moon Angel and School Days. The studio definitely has come a long way since they began. Crisp and fluid motions along were evident though character designs felt overly repetitive. The biggest flaw in animation was in the final episode where Issei's arm should have been "claimed by the dragon" yet he still had his normal arm in the epilogue. Not sure if this was due to poor explanation regarding the contract or whether this was just poor animation.

OP was a good theme overall but I preferred the ED theme much more featuring the new seiyuu idol group StylipS. Study x Study is a great catchy theme even though it felt out of place from the rest of the show. It created an "interesting" ED video though if you must given the chess theme throughout the entire show. Seiyuu wise was pretty average for this show. No one really stood out.

Enjoyment? The show started off as a typical ecchi romance comedy title, which provided me little incentive to really watch this. It took a while for this show to get its act together and "get serious. In the end, this show ended up being a lot more interesting than I had gave it credit for. While jumpy, it had a much more interesting setup than many of its recent predecessors. It also managed to strike a proper balance between ecchi and action, something that many shows of the same genre fail to do. If I recall correctly, I don't think there was a single ecchi scene in the main episode of the finale (less flashbacks and epilogue).

Overall, the show is by no means a gem but it was certainly far better than anticipated. It's not exactly a title that must be rewatched but it at least recommendable to fans of the genre.

Preliminary Score: 6/10
Final Score: 6/10....I considered giving it a 7, but...

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
Watchlist Updated
Top 5 Ongoing anime (10/31/2012)
*Note: Gundam Seed HD Remaster does not count*
1) Bakuman 3
2) Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb
3) Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
4) Sword Art Online
5) Smile Precure!

Claims:
-Lacus (Gundam Seed/Destiny)
-Hayami (H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~)
-Priecia (Prism Ark)
-Fate (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's)
-Caro (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS)
-Yuuko Amamiya (ef ~A Tale of Memories/Melodies~)
-Yomi (Ga-Rei -Zero-)
-Nanaka (Myself; Yourself)
-Reika (Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun)
-Rika Furude (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/Kai)
-Hanyuu Furude (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai)
-Riko (Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~)
-Tamao (Strawberry Panic)
-Nagisa (Strawberry Panic)
-C.C. (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion)
-Makoto (Kanon 2002/2006)
-Mai (Kanon 2002/2006)
-Chikane Himemiya (Kannazuki no Miko)
-Kaon (Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora)
-Hazuki (Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito/Touka Gettan)
-Hatsumi (Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito/Touka Gettan)
-Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
-Chiara Toscana (Shakugan no Shana)
-Nagi Sanzenin (Hayate no Gotoku)
-Hinagiku Katsura (Hayate no Gotoku)
-Yami (To Love-Ru)
-Mikan (To Love-Ru)
-Sora Kasugano (Yosuga no Sora -In Solitude Where We Are Least Alone-)
-Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia Knight of Ratatoskr)
-Haruka Nogizaka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
-Mika Nogizaka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
-Alistia Rein (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza)
-Kotori Shirakawa (Da Capo)
-Nanaka Shirakawa (Da Capo II)
-Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
-Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
-Sheryl Nome (Macross Frontier)
-Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier)
-Tomoyo Sakagami (Clannad)
-Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
-Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
-Index (To Aru Majutsu no Index)
-Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
-Mana (Gigantic Formula)
-Nagi (Kannagi)
-Yumemi Hidaka (Munto)
-Rina Ogata (White Album)
-Azusa Nakano (K-ON!)
-Nodoka Haramura (Saki)
-Amae Koromo (Saki)
-Kanade (Asura Cryin')
-Misao (Asura Cryin')
-Misaki (Hatsukoi Limited)
-Koyoi (Hatsukoi Limited)
-Excel (Kurokami)
-Rouge (Basquash!)
-Citron (Basquash!)
-Alice (Pandora Hearts)
-Ada (Pandora Hearts)
-Sengoku Nadeko (Bakemonogatari)
-Shizuku Sakurai (Candy Boy)
-Seika Houjouin (Princess Lover!)
-Airi (Queen's Blade)
-Mafuyu (Seitokai no Ichizon)
-Kaede Sakura (Kampfer)
-Chise and Chiho (Kobato)
-Belphegor (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Lucifer (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Frederica Bernkastel (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Kukuri Tachibana (11eyes)
-Nymph (Sora no Otoshimono)
-Mina Tepes (Dance in the Vampire Bund)
-Kureha Suminoya (Sora no Woto)
-Sylvette Suede (Letter Bee)
-Fumino Serizawa (Mayoi Neko Overrun!)
-Yui (Angel Beats!)
-Kanade Tachibana/Tenshi (Angel Beats!)
-Poplar Taneshima (Working!!)
-Togame (Katanagatari)
-Hitei (Katanagatari)
-Aoba Tsukishima (Cross Game)
-Haruka Morishima (Amagami SS)
-Amu Hinamori (Shugo Chara!)
-Rima Mashiro (Shugo Chara!)
-Ryouko Ookami (Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi)
-Hitoha Marui (Mitsudomoe)
-Kirino Kousaka (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Kuroneko/Ruri Gokou (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Ayase Aragaki (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Mio Isurugi (MM!)
-Zakuro (Otome Youkai Zakuro)
-Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail)
-Mirajane (Fairy Tail)
-Stocking (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
-Tsukasa Ayatasuji (Amagami SS)
-Feldt Grace (Gundam 00)
-Mileina Vashti (Gundam 00)
-Saori Chiba (Hourou Musuko)
-Homura Akemi (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
-Naruko Anjou (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai)
-Eucliwood Hellscythe (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
-Sarasvati (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
-Mashu ([C])
-Aria Kanzaki (Hidan no Aria)
-Victorique de Blois (Gosick)
-Cordelia Gallo (Gosick)
-Yuina Wakura (Hanasaku Iroha)
-Erio Touwa (Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko)
-Yuuko Shionji a.k.a Alice (Kami-sama no Memochou)
-Subaru Konoe (Mayo Chiki!)
-Himea Saito (Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi)
-Dalian (Dantalian no Shoka)
-Misaki Tokura (Cardfight!! Vanguard)
-Ruri Aiba (Sacred Seven)
-Iori Minase (The iDOLM@STER)
-Miki Hoshii (The iDOLM@STER)
-Kyouko Toshinou (Yuru Yuri)
-Fear Kubrick (C3)
-Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
-Rise Kujikawa (Persona 4)
-Kobato Hasegawa (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
-Sena Kashiwazaki (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
-Horizon Ariadust (Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon)
-Tsugumi (Guilty Crown)
-Inori Yuzuriha (Guilty Crown)
-Ririchiyo Shirakiin (Inu x Boku SS)
-Chihaya Ayase (Chihayafuru)
-Mikono Suzushiro (Aquarion EVOL)
-Yunoha Suroor (Aquarion EVOL)
-Crea Torosera (Aquarion EVOL)
-Chiaki Kurihara (Mouretsu Uchuu Kaizoku)
-Nana Mishima (Area no Kishi)
-Toki Onjouji (Saki -Achiga-hen-)
-Ryuuka Shimizudani (Saki -Achiga-hen-)
-Kuroyukihime (Accel World)
-Tsumiki Miniwa (Acchi Kocchi)
-Chieri Sono (AKB0048)

Episode 13
High School DxD @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Sep 07 2012, 05:14 PM

ImTakes-sama   Retired Sep 10 2012, 01:23 AM Quote
QUOTE (nijlandp @ Mar 26 2012, 10:57 AM)
I must say that a second season would be nice.
In all it was a nice enough series with some good characters like Asia.
So maybe a 7.5 out of 10 is a good score.

A second season has been confirmed as the Specials just wrapped up...six in all. The first OVA was released and rumor has it that the second OVA airs in May 2013...just ask Woofie. tongue.gif http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=487207
Expect season two in January 2013.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-...gets-2nd-season

This post has been edited by ImTakes on Sep 10 2012, 12:49 PM

Kid-Wolf~Posessed by the Phoenix~   Fansub TV Team Sep 10 2012, 11:12 AM Quote
Yes the first OVA did come out the other day and I managed to watch it. Pretty much seeing Rias and her crew in action. Along with Issei-kun perving it up once again too. tongue.gif

From the looks of it there will be one more OVA before the second season comes about. So I'm looking foward to seeing the second OVA before the second season though. wink.gif

As for the OVA itself I have to say that it felt like a moral delema just for Issei-kun alone. I mean he could of least that breast enhancing monster go and allow evey female to no longer worry about her breast size. The down side is that there would be no way that Issei-kun could do anything about it, and top it all off it might end up killing off the breast fetish for most guys becuase of that monster. tongue.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

ImTakes-sama   Retired Sep 13 2012, 11:10 PM Quote
@ Woofie...A moral dilemma? Since when? rolleyes.gif Perhaps so for all the pervs out there like adorable Issei-kun. I was hoping we could get more of that rascally baddie that Rias-chan sent back into the bowels of the underworld. He was an interesting character...maybe it was a teaser of sorts and we may be made privy to more of him in season II. wink.gif
Despite all the boobs and panty shots, it is still a fun watch with memorable characters who seem to just have loads of fun hamming it up for us ecchi fans. My two favorite characters as far as the females go, continue to be Koneko-chan and Asia-chan. Issei-kun is still fun to watch and I hope he grows up quick before his ecchi brain turns to perv-ecchi mush. tongue.gif

user posted image

user posted image Wishing all a very wonderful Christmas Season~~~

Killer_Ossi Retired   Sep 14 2012, 02:17 AM Quote
Yes it wouldve been great if the they let the monster live because it would mean no more lolis and no more annoying little-breast-complexes.

In terms of characters my favorite one is Akeno. Rias a pretty good too, Issei the same, Asia is ok, Koneko mostly annoying and Kiba is my least favorite one because he isnt even a character. He has no own own personality, hes just some slave who does what Rias tells him.

[Admin note: Sig removed due to negative comments toward the community]

JCDRANZER - Sky King   Fansub TV Team Dec 09 2012, 08:44 PM Quote
The first season of this series was great to watch in one sitting, I'm so glad to have watched the Blu-Ray versions, I'm not sure how different they are to the TV versions particularly to the AT-X versions, if there was any to begin with.

I'm really hoping the 2nd season will continue to flesh out the Highschool DxD universe created in the light novels and I hope the anime never deviates because the characters introduced and developed in the light novels are great. So, I'm hoping season 2 will get more than 20 episodes, which is somewhat unlikely considering the show is incredibly ecchi and the 1st season being only 12 episodes but its happened before, where the 2nd season has more or almost or almost double the amount of episodes compared to its 1st season (or previous season).

I think the 2nd season will either start in Spring or Summer 2013, I'm hoping it will start earlier in the Spring season but I guess I have the light novels to read if I wanted to know more.

The 1st season was very entertaining and the ecchi doses were greatly appreciated, I'm rating this series a 8.5/10 and I'm hoping the BD specials and the OVA episode are just as good. I'll comment here after I've watched them.

user posted image
My Incomplete Anime List =P
user posted image
user posted image

Seishun Bakusou!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

LUNA is mine!!!!!!!!!!!! user posted image

TYPE-MOON Slave....TSUKIHIME ROCKSSSS!!!!

TITLES ---> JCD-Ô-SAMAのスパム! ~*JCD - His Majesty of Spam(hood)*~!! nickname given by the Lovely Orofena
Captain(Taichou) of GHFC ~*Ghost Hunt Fan Club*~!!
Proud member of NBP ~*NANA Blogish Posters*~!!
Proud member of KKA~Kawaii Kawaii Asa-sempai~!!
Proud member of MSFGFC ~*Manabi Straight Forward Go Fan Clubber*~!!
Proud member of NGEC ~*Neon Genesis Evangelion Crew*~!! (a "permanent" prisoner of the EVA thread)
Leader of YNSHFC ~*Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge Fan Club*~!!
Leader of BRFCFC ~*Busou Renkin Forever Campaign Fan Club*~!!

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll