Kill Me Baby

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 nijlandp

nijlandp

-sama

• Sempais
  • 2624 posts
  • Interests:anime, manga, japanese language, football<br>The anime i watched:<br>- Robotech (everything there is)<br>- Thundersub<br>- Transformers<br>- Thundercats<br>- Mask<br>- The real ghostbusters<br>- Visionairies<br>- Akira<br>- Golden Boy<br>- Hand Maid May<br>- Neon Genesis Evangelion<br>- Rozen Maiden (all 3 series)<br>- Cowboy Bebop<br>- Sister Princess<br>- Maburaho<br>- To heart (all)<br>- Card Captor Sakura (movies)<br>- Wind a breath of heart<br>- Midori no Hibi<br>- REC<br>- Tsukuyomi - Moon phase<br>- Ah my goddess (all)<br>- Green Green<br>- Kanon 2002 and 2006<br>- Final Approach<br>- Zero No Tsukaima<br>- Futakoi<br>- Tokimeki <br>- Kekkaishi<br>- One<br>- The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya<br>- Neon Genesis Evangelion<br>- Saikano<br>- Aishiturize Baby<br>- Kono Nirikukumo itsukushii sekai<br>- Air TV<br>- Pita Ten<br>- Onegai Teacher<br>- Onegai Twins<br>- Karin<br>- Tales of Phantasia<br>- Ichigo 100%<br>- Love Hina<br>- Ai Yori Aoshi (both series)<br>- Hourglass of Summer<br>- Chobits<br>- Elfenlied<br>- Saber Marionette J<br>- Saishi Heiki Kanojo<br>- Da capo<br>- Mahurabo - Heartfull days<br>- Inukami <br>- Bottle fairy<br>- Sola<br>- Ranma 1/2<br>- Sumomo mo momo mo<br>- Today in class 5-2<br>- he is my master<br>- Shakugan no shana<br>- Fate stay night<br>- Zero no tsukaima 2 <br>- School days<br>- Mamotte! lollipop<br>- Mushiuta<br>- Hayate no Gotoku<br>- Lovely complex <br>- Lucky star<br>- Sayonara zetsubou sensei<br>- _summer<br>- Code-e<br>- Nagasarete Airantou<br>- Moetan<br>- Kamichama Karin<br>- Seto no Hanayome<br>- Kaibutsu Oujo<br>- Umisho<br>- Mamorukun ni megami no shukufuku wo!<br>- Clannad<br>- Myself; yourself<br>- Kodomo no jikan<br>- Shugo Chara<br>- Goshuushou-sama ninomiya-kun<br>- prism ark<br>- Fate stay night<br>- Shakugan no shana<br>- ef - a tale of memories<br>- rental magic <br>- kimikiss pure rouge<br>- suteki tantei labyrinth<br>- koharubiyori<br>- higurashi no naku koro ni kai<br>- potemayo <br>- nanatsuiro drops<br>- kakurenbo<br>- chocotto sister<br>- trouble chocolate<br>- hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora<br>- ichigo mashimaro<br>- mushiuta<br>- puni puni poemi<br>- Eiken<br>- Cosplay complex<br>- Touka Gettan<br>- sister princess<br>- kareshi kanojo no jijou<br>- winter garden<br>- sakura diaries<br>- dokuro<br>- nodame cantabile<br>- exosquad<br>- welcome to the n.h.k.<br>- itsudatte my santa

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

So Yasuna can't even fish without doing something stupid. Still the traps she laid did actually do help. Sonya may not like it but it seems that the stupid tricks from Yasuna actually make it difficult for other assassins to get to Sonya. They annoy everybody smile.gif .
I hope we get more of Agiri and the useless 4th character. They had too small roles in the previous episodes.

#22 nijlandp

nijlandp

-sama

• Sempais
  • 2624 posts
  • Interests:anime, manga, japanese language, football<br>The anime i watched:<br>- Robotech (everything there is)<br>- Thundersub<br>- Transformers<br>- Thundercats<br>- Mask<br>- The real ghostbusters<br>- Visionairies<br>- Akira<br>- Golden Boy<br>- Hand Maid May<br>- Neon Genesis Evangelion<br>- Rozen Maiden (all 3 series)<br>- Cowboy Bebop<br>- Sister Princess<br>- Maburaho<br>- To heart (all)<br>- Card Captor Sakura (movies)<br>- Wind a breath of heart<br>- Midori no Hibi<br>- REC<br>- Tsukuyomi - Moon phase<br>- Ah my goddess (all)<br>- Green Green<br>- Kanon 2002 and 2006<br>- Final Approach<br>- Zero No Tsukaima<br>- Futakoi<br>- Tokimeki <br>- Kekkaishi<br>- One<br>- The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya<br>- Neon Genesis Evangelion<br>- Saikano<br>- Aishiturize Baby<br>- Kono Nirikukumo itsukushii sekai<br>- Air TV<br>- Pita Ten<br>- Onegai Teacher<br>- Onegai Twins<br>- Karin<br>- Tales of Phantasia<br>- Ichigo 100%<br>- Love Hina<br>- Ai Yori Aoshi (both series)<br>- Hourglass of Summer<br>- Chobits<br>- Elfenlied<br>- Saber Marionette J<br>- Saishi Heiki Kanojo<br>- Da capo<br>- Mahurabo - Heartfull days<br>- Inukami <br>- Bottle fairy<br>- Sola<br>- Ranma 1/2<br>- Sumomo mo momo mo<br>- Today in class 5-2<br>- he is my master<br>- Shakugan no shana<br>- Fate stay night<br>- Zero no tsukaima 2 <br>- School days<br>- Mamotte! lollipop<br>- Mushiuta<br>- Hayate no Gotoku<br>- Lovely complex <br>- Lucky star<br>- Sayonara zetsubou sensei<br>- _summer<br>- Code-e<br>- Nagasarete Airantou<br>- Moetan<br>- Kamichama Karin<br>- Seto no Hanayome<br>- Kaibutsu Oujo<br>- Umisho<br>- Mamorukun ni megami no shukufuku wo!<br>- Clannad<br>- Myself; yourself<br>- Kodomo no jikan<br>- Shugo Chara<br>- Goshuushou-sama ninomiya-kun<br>- prism ark<br>- Fate stay night<br>- Shakugan no shana<br>- ef - a tale of memories<br>- rental magic <br>- kimikiss pure rouge<br>- suteki tantei labyrinth<br>- koharubiyori<br>- higurashi no naku koro ni kai<br>- potemayo <br>- nanatsuiro drops<br>- kakurenbo<br>- chocotto sister<br>- trouble chocolate<br>- hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora<br>- ichigo mashimaro<br>- mushiuta<br>- puni puni poemi<br>- Eiken<br>- Cosplay complex<br>- Touka Gettan<br>- sister princess<br>- kareshi kanojo no jijou<br>- winter garden<br>- sakura diaries<br>- dokuro<br>- nodame cantabile<br>- exosquad<br>- welcome to the n.h.k.<br>- itsudatte my santa

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

Episode 10 already and it remains the same all the time. Yasuna did act like she doesn't have a brain or better said as a simple minded child. Still that is the strength (and at the same time weakness) of her character. As this series is only for comedy reasons it is good enough.

For the episode itself: the snow part was okay. Yasuna acts as expected. The cold scene and the remote scene both felt a bit weak as they didn't do something original. The christmas party was a surprise. Yasuna actually wanted to have a nice party with Sonya and Agiri. How the heck did Agiri sneak behind them? Even Sonya was surprised that time. Sonya as a sort of santa was also good. The best was the see her get shot for trespassing. In all it wasn't a bad episode but we do need some fresh characters like more from Agiri and the useless fourth character.

#23 nijlandp

nijlandp

-sama

• Sempais
  • 2624 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

Episode 11 and now we even get to see Yasuna's dreams. As expected they are really strange..the best one was when she thought herself to be a magical girl. Carrot max forward miracle..how did she ever think of that biggrin.gif
Also Agiri had some pretty good scenes with the mochi story. A substitute substitute.
The best was at the end however when Yasuna used that magic wand toy. How the heck did Agiri do that? Sonya sure got the scare of her life.

I wonder why Sonya didn't want to go into a public bath. Is she afraid or something?

#24 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Fansub TV Team
  • 3344 posts
  • Interests:Anime =) - esp fantasy, school comedy, fighting;<br>All sorts of metal - including Japanese;<br>All the Japanese stuff;<br>Russian science fiction.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

^ Shy probably? Or maybe uncomfortable leaving all her knives outside XD

I didn't like the "dreams" all that much though, too pop-culture-referencey for my taste.

#25 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

~Posessed by the Phoenix~

• Fansub TV Team
  • 9009 posts
  • Interests:Anime, catgirls, bunnygirls, video games, Visual Novels, and maids so far.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

Pretty much two of the three dreams were your given Japanesse Classical Stories, but I have to say the story of the bamboo cutter will forever be warped due to the Touhou game Imperishable Night for me. tongue.gif

In any case I have to say the whole mooshi thing seemed rather interesting, and again a Touhou reference for me (from the same game mind you). tongue.gif

In any case I kind of liked seeing our lil' no named red head make another appearance like this since ti seems like she may get a name right about the time they cut away to the ED credits for the final episode. tongue.gif

Not only that but Agari's bits in this episode were pretty much classic lolzy material. It almost makes me thing she actually has a sister or something with the gag she was pulling.
user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image

- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

#26 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Fansub TV Team
  • 3344 posts
  • Interests:Anime =) - esp fantasy, school comedy, fighting;<br>All sorts of metal - including Japanese;<br>All the Japanese stuff;<br>Russian science fiction.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

^ I know Momotarou, what was the other one?

#27 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• Fansub TV Team
  • 9009 posts
  • Interests:Anime, catgirls, bunnygirls, video games, Visual Novels, and maids so far.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

Well the other one was supposed to be the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter, but seeing how ditzy she was it was kind of obvious that the story would be rather.... off. tongue.gif
user posted image
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
user posted image

- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime

#28 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• Fansub TV Team
  • 9009 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

Okay with episode 12 I have to say I did actually enjoy this series very much so with its random antics here and there, but some of the jokes and gags did get lost in translation and/or didn't stike me as funny or interesting for that matter.

In any case one more epsiode is left and I kind of wonder if the unused girl will almost get a name right before the end credits here. I mean it sounds like something they would do in this series anyways. tongue.gif

In any case this was one of those series that was a good time killer and had its enjoyable moments here and there. biggrin.gif

Edited by Kid-Wolf, 24 March 2012 - 06:36 PM.

user posted image
user posted image

#29 nijlandp

nijlandp

-sama

• Sempais
  • 2624 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

Hmm, i found this episode weaker compared to previous episodes. The tired Sonya with Yasuna keeping her awake was the best part for me. I miss Agiri and the unused girl in this episode as they could have made it better.
Hopefully the next episode will be a good conclusion to the series.

#30 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Fansub TV Team
  • 3344 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

Weaker? I thought this last one was downright hilarious! Sure, the series is very hit and miss, but that one was definitely a hit. biggrin.gif

#31 nijlandp

nijlandp

-sama

• Sempais
  • 2624 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 25 2012, 12:49 AM)
Weaker? I thought this last one was downright hilarious! Sure, the series is very hit and miss, but that one was definitely a hit.

Maybe that is to be expected with this series. Each joke can be funny for a group of people while another group of people don't find it very funny. Fortunately this series has a lot of jokes in each episode to give everybody what they want. This time i found most jokes to be not funny enough. Next time it may be different smile.gif

#32 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • 10929 posts
  • Interests:Watching anime since childhood.<br>I wait for quality releases. Need recommendations? Just ask.<br><br>Lurked Fansub TV since November 2004<br>Joined Fansub TV Forums in December 2005<br>Sempai in June 2006<br>Fansub TV Team in October 2006<br>10000th post in July 2011<br>Fansub TV Leader in January 2011<br><br>Interested in revitalizing Fansub TV Forums. Support requested.

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

Kill Me Baby is one of the 6 projects animated by J.C. Staff in Winter 2012. I'll keep this short, since this show really needs no further explanation.

Story? What story? It's a chibi-comedy show that is far from Di Gi Charat, which the director drew the character designs for. The puns in this show are generally bad and as far as I recalled, I never laughed once in this show let alone chuckled. The last episode was definitely more entertaining than the rest, but still no chuckles. The impact may have been less since by episode 13, we all knew what Sonya's general reactions to Yasuna's stupid attempts are and so forth. The comedy is literally the same every episode: Yasuna does something stupid, Sonya punishes her for it, and Agiri is just there along with the Kugimiya character that I can't remember the name of. Rinse and repeat each episode..I expected better from the composer who wrote Bottle Fairy.

Animation? 6 projects one season, it should be obvious that everything about this show was cheap. Did I mention that a lot of the animation was recycled too? The background art was average at best.

Music? Hated the guts out of it. Seiyuu was bad except Satomi Arai doing the narration. How could no one like Kuroko's narration?

Enjoyment? None.

Overall, I don't recall the last time I was this bored with a comedy show. I had low expectations to begin with, but I never thought it would be this bad. Like I said, the last episode was the best, and that's probably all you really need to watch to be honest. The show is a rinse and repeat formula and it gets old really fast.

Preliminary Score: 4/10
Final Score: 2/10

Pretty sure the last show I rated a 2 was one of the Hinako OVAs...yeah it's that bad.

#33 nijlandp

nijlandp

-sama

• Sempais
  • 2624 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hmm, i liked the last episode the best of the series. This time Yasuna actually showed how much she cares for Sonya and Sonya also replies to it.

In all it was a nice enough series for me. Not the best jokes i've ever seen. One big negative was the lack of use of all characters. Agiri and the backup girl should have been used more. Only Yasuna and Sonya as main characters means to keep on recycling their behaviour. As such the jokes were repetative.
Due to this I am going for a low score: 4.5 out of 10.

#34 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• Fansub TV Team
  • 9009 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

Man I feel like I'm the one who ended up kind of merciful to this show. Granted it was you standard 4-koma turned anime that pretty much had no plot whatsoever other then being kind of an attempt at a slice-of-life series here.

In any case since the jokes of the show were a hit or miss deal at times it felt like a good show to kill time with if needed. So I kind of gave this show a 6/10 since it lived up to its role of being a time killing anime to watch. tongue.gif
user posted image
user posted image

#35 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Fansub TV Team
  • 3344 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

Well, it was a wacky Japanese comedy. What a surprise. Still, I found that, despite the jokes being kind of up-and-down in quality, the show made me laugh at least a few times per episode - which is better than some other shows. The comedy wasn't all funny, but it was all natural - compared to, for example, Nichijou, where the tenuous and "way out there" gags completely put me off. And at least it wasn't the now-tired and typical 4-girl comedy, and used more of a manzai-style gags. While true hilarity was kind of rare (though great when there), the show definitely earned its keep. It was also paced out rather well despite an apparent lack of good source material, and rarely felt boring.

The show's biggest problem was the characters, they were kind of weak and pretty far-fetched. Not to mention that there was absolutely no effort to dress up their cardboard cliche roles, which made for some very bare-bones comedy. So, the show could have been a lot better, but it wasn't. Bad it wasn't either.

All in all, the show confidently earns its "Good" (7/10) mark, and I totally wouldn't mind a sequel or another show in the same vein.

#36 motormind

motormind

-san

• Kouhais
  • 322 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Mar 31 2012, 11:28 AM)
Hmm, i liked the last episode the best of the series. This time Yasuna actually showed how much she cares for Sonya and Sonya also replies to it.

This really should have happened quite a few times more. Now I often wondered why Sonya puts up with Yasuna when she dislikes her so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users