Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Kill Me Baby, Baby, Please Kill Me

Pages: (2) 1 [2] 
nijlandp-sama   Sempais Mar 03 2012, 12:56 PM Quote
So Yasuna can't even fish without doing something stupid. Still the traps she laid did actually do help. Sonya may not like it but it seems that the stupid tricks from Yasuna actually make it difficult for other assassins to get to Sonya. They annoy everybody smile.gif .
I hope we get more of Agiri and the useless 4th character. They had too small roles in the previous episodes.

Episode 10
Kill Me Baby @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 08 2012, 08:57 PM

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Mar 09 2012, 01:37 PM Quote
Episode 10 already and it remains the same all the time. Yasuna did act like she doesn't have a brain or better said as a simple minded child. Still that is the strength (and at the same time weakness) of her character. As this series is only for comedy reasons it is good enough.

For the episode itself: the snow part was okay. Yasuna acts as expected. The cold scene and the remote scene both felt a bit weak as they didn't do something original. The christmas party was a surprise. Yasuna actually wanted to have a nice party with Sonya and Agiri. How the heck did Agiri sneak behind them? Even Sonya was surprised that time. Sonya as a sort of santa was also good. The best was the see her get shot for trespassing. In all it wasn't a bad episode but we do need some fresh characters like more from Agiri and the useless fourth character.

Episode 11
Kill Me Baby @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 15 2012, 07:53 PM

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Mar 16 2012, 01:04 PM Quote
Episode 11 and now we even get to see Yasuna's dreams. As expected they are really strange..the best one was when she thought herself to be a magical girl. Carrot max forward miracle..how did she ever think of that biggrin.gif
Also Agiri had some pretty good scenes with the mochi story. A substitute substitute.
The best was at the end however when Yasuna used that magic wand toy. How the heck did Agiri do that? Sonya sure got the scare of her life.

I wonder why Sonya didn't want to go into a public bath. Is she afraid or something?

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Mar 16 2012, 07:38 PM Quote
^ Shy probably? Or maybe uncomfortable leaving all her knives outside XD

I didn't like the "dreams" all that much though, too pop-culture-referencey for my taste.

Kid-Wolf~The Voile's Library Assiant~   Fansub TV Team Mar 18 2012, 02:58 PM Quote
Pretty much two of the three dreams were your given Japanesse Classical Stories, but I have to say the story of the bamboo cutter will forever be warped due to the Touhou game Imperishable Night for me. tongue.gif

In any case I have to say the whole mooshi thing seemed rather interesting, and again a Touhou reference for me (from the same game mind you). tongue.gif

In any case I kind of liked seeing our lil' no named red head make another appearance like this since ti seems like she may get a name right about the time they cut away to the ED credits for the final episode. tongue.gif

Not only that but Agari's bits in this episode were pretty much classic lolzy material. It almost makes me thing she actually has a sister or something with the gag she was pulling.

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Mar 19 2012, 01:26 PM Quote
^ I know Momotarou, what was the other one?

Kid-Wolf~The Voile's Library Assiant~   Fansub TV Team Mar 19 2012, 05:04 PM Quote
Well the other one was supposed to be the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter, but seeing how ditzy she was it was kind of obvious that the story would be rather.... off. tongue.gif

Episode 12
Kill Me Baby @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 22 2012, 07:54 PM

Kid-Wolf~The Voile's Library Assiant~   Fansub TV Team Mar 24 2012, 11:15 AM Quote
Okay with episode 12 I have to say I did actually enjoy this series very much so with its random antics here and there, but some of the jokes and gags did get lost in translation and/or didn't stike me as funny or interesting for that matter.

In any case one more epsiode is left and I kind of wonder if the unused girl will almost get a name right before the end credits here. I mean it sounds like something they would do in this series anyways. tongue.gif

In any case this was one of those series that was a good time killer and had its enjoyable moments here and there. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Kid-Wolf on Mar 24 2012, 12:36 PM

user posted image
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Mar 24 2012, 11:37 AM Quote
Hmm, i found this episode weaker compared to previous episodes. The tired Sonya with Yasuna keeping her awake was the best part for me. I miss Agiri and the unused girl in this episode as they could have made it better.
Hopefully the next episode will be a good conclusion to the series.

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Mar 24 2012, 05:49 PM Quote
Weaker? I thought this last one was downright hilarious! Sure, the series is very hit and miss, but that one was definitely a hit. biggrin.gif

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Mar 25 2012, 02:27 AM Quote
QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 25 2012, 12:49 AM)
Weaker? I thought this last one was downright hilarious! Sure, the series is very hit and miss, but that one was definitely a hit.

Maybe that is to be expected with this series. Each joke can be funny for a group of people while another group of people don't find it very funny. Fortunately this series has a lot of jokes in each episode to give everybody what they want. This time i found most jokes to be not funny enough. Next time it may be different smile.gif

Episode 13
Kill Me Baby @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 29 2012, 04:23 PM

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Mar 31 2012, 10:15 AM Quote
Kill Me Baby is one of the 6 projects animated by J.C. Staff in Winter 2012. I'll keep this short, since this show really needs no further explanation.

Story? What story? It's a chibi-comedy show that is far from Di Gi Charat, which the director drew the character designs for. The puns in this show are generally bad and as far as I recalled, I never laughed once in this show let alone chuckled. The last episode was definitely more entertaining than the rest, but still no chuckles. The impact may have been less since by episode 13, we all knew what Sonya's general reactions to Yasuna's stupid attempts are and so forth. The comedy is literally the same every episode: Yasuna does something stupid, Sonya punishes her for it, and Agiri is just there along with the Kugimiya character that I can't remember the name of. Rinse and repeat each episode..I expected better from the composer who wrote Bottle Fairy.

Animation? 6 projects one season, it should be obvious that everything about this show was cheap. Did I mention that a lot of the animation was recycled too? The background art was average at best.

Music? Hated the guts out of it. Seiyuu was bad except Satomi Arai doing the narration. How could no one like Kuroko's narration?

Enjoyment? None.

Overall, I don't recall the last time I was this bored with a comedy show. I had low expectations to begin with, but I never thought it would be this bad. Like I said, the last episode was the best, and that's probably all you really need to watch to be honest. The show is a rinse and repeat formula and it gets old really fast.

Preliminary Score: 4/10
Final Score: 2/10

Pretty sure the last show I rated a 2 was one of the Hinako OVAs...yeah it's that bad.

user posted image
user posted image
Watchlist Updated
Top 5 Ongoing anime (3/14/2012)
*Note: Gundam Seed HD Remaster does not count*
1) Nisemonogatari
2) Bakuman 2
3) Chihayafuru
4) Shakugan no Shana III
5) Aquarion EVOL

Claims:
-Lacus (Gundam Seed/Destiny)
-Hayami (H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~)
-Priecia (Prism Ark)
-Fate (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's)
-Caro (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS)
-Yuuko Amamiya (ef ~A Tale of Memories/Melodies~)
-Yomi (Ga-Rei -Zero-)
-Nanaka (Myself; Yourself)
-Reika (Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun)
-Rika Furude (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/Kai)
-Hanyuu Furude (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai)
-Riko (Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~)
-Tamao (Strawberry Panic)
-Nagisa (Strawberry Panic)
-C.C. (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion)
-Makoto (Kanon 2002/2006)
-Mai (Kanon 2002/2006)
-Chikane Himemiya (Kannazuki no Miko)
-Kaon (Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora)
-Hazuki (Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito/Touka Gettan)
-Hatsumi (Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito/Touka Gettan)
-Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
-Chiara Toscana (Shakugan no Shana)
-Nagi Sanzenin (Hayate no Gotoku)
-Hinagiku Katsura (Hayate no Gotoku)
-Yami (To Love-Ru)
-Mikan (To Love-Ru)
-Sora Kasugano (Yosuga no Sora -In Solitude Where We Are Least Alone-)
-Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia Knight of Ratatoskr)
-Haruka Nogizaka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
-Mika Nogizaka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
-Alistia Rein (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza)
-Kotori Shirakawa (Da Capo)
-Nanaka Shirakawa (Da Capo II)
-Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
-Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
-Sheryl Nome (Macross Frontier)
-Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier)
-Tomoyo Sakagami (Clannad)
-Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
-Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
-Index (To Aru Majutsu no Index)
-Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
-Mana (Gigantic Formula)
-Nagi (Kannagi)
-Yumemi Hidaka (Munto)
-Rina Ogata (White Album)
-Azusa Nakano (K-ON!)
-Nodoka Haramura (Saki)
-Amae Koromo (Saki)
-Kanade (Asura Cryin')
-Misao (Asura Cryin')
-Misaki (Hatsukoi Limited)
-Koyoi (Hatsukoi Limited)
-Excel (Kurokami)
-Rouge (Basquash!)
-Citron (Basquash!)
-Alice (Pandora Hearts)
-Ada (Pandora Hearts)
-Sengoku Nadeko (Bakemonogatari)
-Shizuku Sakurai (Candy Boy)
-Seika Houjouin (Princess Lover!)
-Airi (Queen's Blade)
-Mafuyu (Seitokai no Ichizon)
-Kaede Sakura (Kampfer)
-Chise and Chiho (Kobato)
-Belphegor (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Lucifer (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Frederica Bernkastel (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Kukuri Tachibana (11eyes)
-Nymph (Sora no Otoshimono)
-Mina Tepes (Dance in the Vampire Bund)
-Kureha Suminoya (Sora no Woto)
-Sylvette Suede (Letter Bee)
-Fumino Serizawa (Mayoi Neko Overrun!)
-Yui (Angel Beats!)
-Kanade Tachibana/Tenshi (Angel Beats!)
-Poplar Taneshima (Working!!)
-Togame (Katanagatari)
-Hitei (Katanagatari)
-Aoba Tsukishima (Cross Game)
-Haruka Morishima (Amagami SS)
-Amu Hinamori (Shugo Chara!)
-Rima Mashiro (Shugo Chara!)
-Ryouko Ookami (Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi)
-Hitoha Marui (Mitsudomoe)
-Kirino Kousaka (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Kuroneko/Ruri Gokou (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Ayase Aragaki (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Mio Isurugi (MM!)
-Zakuro (Otome Youkai Zakuro)
-Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail)
-Mirajane (Fairy Tail)
-Stocking (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
-Tsukasa Ayatasuji (Amagami SS)
-Feldt Grace (Gundam 00)
-Mileina Vashti (Gundam 00)
-Saori Chiba (Hourou Musuko)
-Homura Akemi (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
-Naruko Anjou (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai)
-Eucliwood Hellscythe (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
-Sarasvati (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
-Mashu ([C])
-Aria Kanzaki (Hidan no Aria)
-Victorique de Blois (Gosick)
-Cordelia Gallo (Gosick)
-Yuina Wakura (Hanasaku Iroha)
-Erio Touwa (Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko)
-Yuuko Shionji a.k.a Alice (Kami-sama no Memochou)
-Subaru Konoe (Mayo Chiki!)
-Himea Saito (Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi)
-Dalian (Dantalian no Shoka)
-Misaki Tokura (Cardfight!! Vanguard)
-Ruri Aiba (Sacred Seven)
-Iori Minase (The iDOLM@STER)
-Miki Hoshii (The iDOLM@STER)
-Kyouko Toshinou (Yuru Yuri)
-Fear Kubrick (C3)
-Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
-Rise Kujikawa (Persona 4)
-Kobato Hasegawa (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
-Sena Kashiwazaki (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
-Horizon Ariadust (Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon)
-Tsugumi (Guilty Crown)
-Inori Yuzuriha (Guilty Crown)
-Ririchiyo Shirakiin (Inu x Boku SS)
-Chihaya Ayase (Chihayafuru)
-Mikono Suzushiro (Aquarion EVOL)
-Nana Mishima (Area no Kishi)

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Mar 31 2012, 11:28 AM Quote
Hmm, i liked the last episode the best of the series. This time Yasuna actually showed how much she cares for Sonya and Sonya also replies to it.

In all it was a nice enough series for me. Not the best jokes i've ever seen. One big negative was the lack of use of all characters. Agiri and the backup girl should have been used more. Only Yasuna and Sonya as main characters means to keep on recycling their behaviour. As such the jokes were repetative.
Due to this I am going for a low score: 4.5 out of 10.

Kid-Wolf~The Voile's Library Assiant~   Fansub TV Team Apr 01 2012, 10:20 AM Quote
Man I feel like I'm the one who ended up kind of merciful to this show. Granted it was you standard 4-koma turned anime that pretty much had no plot whatsoever other then being kind of an attempt at a slice-of-life series here.

In any case since the jokes of the show were a hit or miss deal at times it felt like a good show to kill time with if needed. So I kind of gave this show a 6/10 since it lived up to its role of being a time killing anime to watch. tongue.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Apr 03 2012, 04:27 AM Quote
Well, it was a wacky Japanese comedy. What a surprise. Still, I found that, despite the jokes being kind of up-and-down in quality, the show made me laugh at least a few times per episode - which is better than some other shows. The comedy wasn't all funny, but it was all natural - compared to, for example, Nichijou, where the tenuous and "way out there" gags completely put me off. And at least it wasn't the now-tired and typical 4-girl comedy, and used more of a manzai-style gags. While true hilarity was kind of rare (though great when there), the show definitely earned its keep. It was also paced out rather well despite an apparent lack of good source material, and rarely felt boring.

The show's biggest problem was the characters, they were kind of weak and pretty far-fetched. Not to mention that there was absolutely no effort to dress up their cardboard cliche roles, which made for some very bare-bones comedy. So, the show could have been a lot better, but it wasn't. Bad it wasn't either.

All in all, the show confidently earns its "Good" (7/10) mark, and I totally wouldn't mind a sequel or another show in the same vein.

user posted image

My rarely-updated anime list

/人(◕ ‿‿ ◕)人\ 僕と契約して。。。

motormind-san   Apr 04 2012, 02:47 AM Quote
QUOTE (nijlandp @ Mar 31 2012, 11:28 AM)
Hmm, i liked the last episode the best of the series. This time Yasuna actually showed how much she cares for Sonya and Sonya also replies to it.

This really should have happened quite a few times more. Now I often wondered why Sonya puts up with Yasuna when she dislikes her so much.

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll