Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Brave 10, Action, Adventure, Historical, Ninjas

ImTakes ~Florecita~hime~   Sempais Jan 16 2012, 09:38 PM Quote
user posted image
Title: Brave 10
Date Aired: Jan 8, 2012
Producers: TMS Entertainment, Media Factory, NIS America, Inc.L, Studio Saki Makura
Director: Sayama, Kiyoko
Genre: Action, Adventure, Historical, Ninjas, Seinen
Episodes: 12
Characters & Voice Actors:
Isanami: Satou, Rina
Kirigakure, Saizo: Ono, Daisuke
Sarutobi, Sasuke: Kakihara, Tetsuya
Anastasia: Asakawa, Yuu

Brave 10 PV 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzL7f5ea0G8
Brave 10 PV 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RexYlMYz5vs&feature=related

Synopsis:
A young ninja named Saizo Kirigakure is trying to find meaning and direction in his life when he encounters Isanami, who is fleeing from assassins. He manages to save her life, and she then asks him to act as her bodyguard until she reaches her destination. When they arrive in the protected territory of Sanada, Saizo falls into a meeting with Sasuke Sarutobi, leader of the famed ninja group. Sanada has gathered these bold and talented ninjas together in order to bring an end to Japan's era of war. Meanwhile, Isanami's mysterious hidden power comes to light.
Manga source:
The main protagonist is a Iga ninja named Saizo, who meets an Izumo priestess and protects her on her short journey to Sanada Yukimaru. Sanada Yukimaru is a powerful warlord in the Sengoku era. Sanada wants to gather 10 warriors, a party unrivaled in skill and power, to set his still secret plan into action...
(Source: NIS America) Other information taken from ANN/MAL.

Thoughts:
A friend on MAL recommended this one to me. I already had my eye on it as I enjoy watching fine bishies from the bygone era of noble Japan...Sengoku era to be exact. The anime series is taken from the manga of the same name. Anyway, lots of handsome men, who happen to be fine and noble warriors/ninjas, some beautiful women (in need of being rescued)...noble swords in full swing, in an era of Japan that was wrought with adventure, tradition, rival clans, lovely kimonos...sure, the rock music in the background, during the battle scenes, can be a tad annoying but I will just put up with it since I am liking this one so far after watching the first two episodes. wink.gif Saizo, is brash, handsome, reckless...a lone Samurai who gets bogged down by a beautiful priestess, Isanami, who after being rescued by him (reluctantly), is annoying and clingy and busty...all the women are...whatever. rolleyes.gif
Anyway, let's see what this story has to tell as it unfolds...this one is my guilty pleasure this time around. wink.gif

p.s. She is one of the reasons Ossi-san is watching... tongue.gif
http://myanimelist.net/character/49065/Anastasia

Life is grand with a glass in hand~~~ user posted image
user posted image
*~MAL~*

user posted image 2009 FTV Awards
user posted image 2008 FTV Awards

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Jan 17 2012, 06:04 AM Quote
Yes its a pretty good anime, especially the fighting scenes are good. A lot of action but not overthetop.

Just what are you thinking of me Yaya ^^ I was watching it befoe she appeared because it sounded like a good samurai-series. But nontheless she is hot tongue.gif
Just like Isanami and Oukatsu.

The only thing Im not so sure about is that it only has 12 eps, which is too few for that many characters.

This post has been edited by Killer_Ossi on Jan 17 2012, 06:05 AM

My Animelist

Top 10 of currently airing TV-series:(03.05.12)
1. Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna
2. Fate/Zero 2nd Season
3. Kuroko no Basket
4. Kimi to Boku. 2
5. Shirokuma Cafe
6. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
7. Sankarea
8. Toriko
9. Accel World
10. Jormungand

user posted image

ImTakes ~Florecita~hime~   Sempais Jan 17 2012, 02:05 PM Quote
Yes its a pretty good anime, especially the fighting scenes are good. A lot of action but not over-the-top.

Yep, good action though for me, a tad exaggerated but still fun to watch. Saizo in action, is always good. wub.gif
Just what are you thinking of me Yaya ^^ I was watching it befoe she appeared because it sounded like a good samurai-series. But nontheless she is hot tongue.gif

Well, we talked about this one albeit briefly, on MAL and I just figured you were in female Shinobi heaven since she was in the river bathing with her undies down to there and her boobs up there....anyway, all in good fun... wink.gif
The only thing Im not so sure about is that it only has 12 eps, which is too few for that many characters.

Well, will be interesting to see how they do the story. Lots this season are only twelve episodes. Anyway, I forgot to mention I like the character designs and nice use of colors...look forward to more Brave 10 adventures. tongue.gif

Episode 3
Brave10 @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Jan 21 2012, 07:33 PM

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Jan 22 2012, 04:36 PM Quote
A historical action adventure: sounds promising and until now it is good. It gives a pretty nice feeling of getting to know the characters. He may act though but he has a little heart of gold for our little Izumo priestess. I wonder why they chose Izumo as the shrine from which she came...The main shrine is dedicated to the god of good marriage..
The battles are nice so i'll keep on watching.

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Jan 22 2012, 05:18 PM Quote
Im pretty sure the thing Ieyasu is searching for is the jewel Izanami is wearing in her hair and the power which comes with it.

The last ep wasnt that great, mainly because I didnt like the redhaired guy. He annoyed the hell out of me. Saizo shouldve killed him.
And seriously, how could they fall for that trap -.-

This post has been edited by Killer_Ossi on Jan 22 2012, 05:18 PM

Episode 4
Brave10 @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Jan 29 2012, 05:43 AM

ImTakes ~Florecita~hime~   Sempais Feb 01 2012, 04:45 PM Quote
The jewel's whereabouts has been found out...now, I suppose the gang will have to really step up in protecting the brainless, but well endowed Shrine Priestess. The last two episodes were amusing, sometimes funny and well, also a bit slow but we are only at episode 4 so can't expect too much and maybe the real action and story-line will start to unfold now that everyone knows where the jewel truly is. I wonder who will become corrupted in their greed for control and power now that the cat's out of the bag. Also, this new version of Date-sama is damn fine! What a looker for sure! Another bishie to add to my collection... tongue.gif

user posted image
*~MAL~*

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Feb 01 2012, 05:44 PM Quote
At least Saizo was intelligent enough to think it was Izanamis jewel Ieyasu is searching for. Im pretty sure Yukimura knows it too, but if I wonder why he sent them there. That Izanami doesnt know it is not a surprise since she hasnt seen herself using its power like Saizo did.

ImTakes ~Florecita~hime~   Sempais Feb 01 2012, 05:50 PM Quote
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Feb 01 2012, 03:44 PM)
At least Saizo was intelligent enough to think it was Izanamis jewel Ieyasu is searching for. Im pretty sure Yukimura knows it too, but if I wonder why he sent them there. That Izanami doesnt know it is not a surprise since she hasnt seen herself using its power like Saizo did.

True...but do you think that we will see where she will have to learn on how to harness that jewel's power? Otherwise, why give her something so powerful if the Head Priest did not know somehow, she might learn to use it? Interesting and hopefully that might be revealed.

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Feb 01 2012, 05:55 PM Quote
She might be able, but there are two problems. First she doesnt even know about this power yet and second all the people of the shrine are dead, so who should teach her how to control it? I mean its the power of a deity and not just some simple swordskill. I can already see them simplifiyng that and she learns it all of a sudden while Saizo is in a pinch -.-

ImTakes ~Florecita~hime~   Sempais Feb 01 2012, 05:58 PM Quote
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Feb 01 2012, 03:55 PM)
She might be able, but there are two problems. First she doesnt even know about this power yet and second all the people of the shrine are dead, so who should teach her how to control it? I mean its the power of a deity and not just some simple swordskill. I can already see them simplifiyng that and she learns it all of a sudden while Saizo is in a pinch -.-

You make some good points, Ossi-san but how much you wanna bet that some long lost Monk comes along who knows about its power or some scroll is lost somewhere or that secret chamber they found might hold a key? Why bother showing that place if it does not hold some long lost secrets about that jewel?
I would be annoyed too if all of a sudden she remembers while Saizo is in a pinch...that would be the cheap way out of this story.

Episode 5
Brave10 @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Feb 05 2012, 11:11 AM

ImTakes ~Florecita~hime~   Sempais Feb 06 2012, 01:03 AM Quote
Another very interesting episode. Gee...Ana and that Sauro (the green Shinobi) sure had an easy time of rescuing Isanami. And there she was wasting their time crying in her pity party kimono...but damn! Ana is one deadly looker! Captured, hung upside down and boobs out to there...glad she kicked those guys to kingdom come before they stripped her of her dignity...what's with men anyway? rolleyes.gif tongue.gif
user posted image
user posted image
At least her boss, Y-sama and her co-horts respect her.
Anyway...what was really interesting was watching Saizou get his eye "examined." I bet loads of secrets were revealed...I am looking forward to finding out just what's up. I really enjoyed the background music for this particular episode...beautifully done.

user posted image
*~MAL~*

Episode 6
Brave10 @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Feb 12 2012, 05:53 PM

Episode 7
Brave10 @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Feb 19 2012, 08:27 AM

Episode 8
Brave10 @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Feb 26 2012, 02:01 AM

Episode 9
Brave10 @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 04 2012, 03:19 PM

Episode 11
Brave10 @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 17 2012, 08:25 PM

ImTakes ~Florecita~hime~   Sempais Mar 19 2012, 12:15 AM Quote
Last few episodes have been quite good and with one episode to go, well, we are down to the wire as to just what Isanami will do in order to help rescue her nakama who, sadly, are being wiped out one by one. She now has the full power of the goddess so who knows how she will harness it since she was always such a crybaby and in need of being rescued. I hope she will kick Ana's betraying a** to where the sun does not shine. wink.gif

user posted image
*~MAL~*

Episode 12
Brave10 @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 24 2012, 03:15 PM

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Apr 05 2012, 08:23 AM Quote
Characterwise this show was a huge failure. First of all of course was Saizo. In the first ep he was pictured as a strong warrior but in real he was a whiny loser who lost all his fights (if I remember correctly). But the other braves werent really better. Most of them were totally useless and a waste of time. Ana was good until the end, but then fell apart when her conscience awakened. Date Masamune and Ieyasu were a waste of time too since the show never really got to them. I knew from the beginning the cast was too huge to be able tu succeed.

Storywise it was, except for Anas betrayal, predictable but not really bad.

Only a 5/10 and for now the worst of this season together with Milky Holmes 2.

My Animelist

Top 10 of currently airing TV-series:(03.05.12)
1. Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna
2. Fate/Zero 2nd Season
3. Kuroko no Basket
4. Kimi to Boku. 2
5. Shirokuma Cafe
6. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
7. Sankarea
8. Toriko
9. Accel World
10. Jormungand

user posted image

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders May 12 2012, 10:22 PM Quote
Brave 10.... an action show set during the Sengoku era featuring Sanada Yukimura's legendary group of ninjas...of course, the show just happens to make sure a majority of them are not actually ninjas...

Story is basically stopping darkness from prevailing over light...It literally took 8 episodes to assemble the 10 warriors and even then, the group didn't even last an episode with them all together. Character wise, literally over half the group had no major role in the "story" and may as well as not have existed. I'm not familiar with the source material, but if the show was accurate, then the series as a whole is even worse than I had imagined. Waste of time effectively watching the first 8 episodes. Changing history is also not a very good thing to do unless you do it right like Hakuouki, which even then was average at best.

Studio Sakimakura is new and supported by TMS Entertainment, who has done Sengoku Otome, Lupin III, and Cardfight Vanguard just to name a few. Animation quality is along the lines of Cardfight Vanguard, which is not saying much considering Cardfight season 1 was a 480p show and Brave10 is a 720p HD show. It may as well have been given the 480p treatment given how poor the show was. Art looked cheap but fit the "historical" feel from time to time. Characters designs are obviously of the bishounen type, but cheap in quality fora bishounen title. For a series supported by the decade old TMS studio, I had expected better. I don't know who they were trying to target audience wise, but they really should go back to making shounen/children oriented shows. They tend to excel at that. Otherwise, stick to Lupin III and Conan.

Music is bleh and seiyuu wise, the only thing that allowed me to finish this was Jinpachi's seiyuu, Kazuya Nakai, known mostly for Date Masamune in Sengoku Basara and Zoro Roronoa in One Piece. Had he not appeared, god knows how much longer it would have taken for me to finish this.

Enjoyment? The first episode set up an interesting premise but that all quickly went down hill when I realized the show was going to spend episode after episode hunting for the Braves. And of course, many of them play no significant role in the end...they were just there....

Overall, I have little knowledge of the source but this is a poorly written work telling the story of the Yukimura's ten "ninjas." Lack of direction and too much supernatural with little explanation. Poor characters and depth and not to mention what ended up being a cheap shounen title masked as a bishounen show. All together this became a large waste of time. I had a hunch that this show was a tad over-hyped when people were claiming this to be a good action title last season but this even went far below my expectations. While there aren't any shows I can think of that tell the story of the Braves, if you're looking for some Japanese Sengoku action, there are plenty of other titles out there that will do much better than this trash.

Preliminary Score: 6/10
Final Score: 3/10

user posted image
user posted image
Watchlist Updated
Top 5 Ongoing anime (4/29/2012)
*Note: Gundam Seed HD Remaster does not count*
1) Fate/Zero 2
2) Aquarion EVOL
3) Sakamichi no Apollon
4) Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna
5) Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

Claims:
-Lacus (Gundam Seed/Destiny)
-Hayami (H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~)
-Priecia (Prism Ark)
-Fate (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's)
-Caro (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS)
-Yuuko Amamiya (ef ~A Tale of Memories/Melodies~)
-Yomi (Ga-Rei -Zero-)
-Nanaka (Myself; Yourself)
-Reika (Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun)
-Rika Furude (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/Kai)
-Hanyuu Furude (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai)
-Riko (Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~)
-Tamao (Strawberry Panic)
-Nagisa (Strawberry Panic)
-C.C. (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion)
-Makoto (Kanon 2002/2006)
-Mai (Kanon 2002/2006)
-Chikane Himemiya (Kannazuki no Miko)
-Kaon (Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora)
-Hazuki (Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito/Touka Gettan)
-Hatsumi (Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito/Touka Gettan)
-Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
-Chiara Toscana (Shakugan no Shana)
-Nagi Sanzenin (Hayate no Gotoku)
-Hinagiku Katsura (Hayate no Gotoku)
-Yami (To Love-Ru)
-Mikan (To Love-Ru)
-Sora Kasugano (Yosuga no Sora -In Solitude Where We Are Least Alone-)
-Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia Knight of Ratatoskr)
-Haruka Nogizaka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
-Mika Nogizaka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
-Alistia Rein (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza)
-Kotori Shirakawa (Da Capo)
-Nanaka Shirakawa (Da Capo II)
-Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
-Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
-Sheryl Nome (Macross Frontier)
-Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier)
-Tomoyo Sakagami (Clannad)
-Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
-Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
-Index (To Aru Majutsu no Index)
-Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
-Mana (Gigantic Formula)
-Nagi (Kannagi)
-Yumemi Hidaka (Munto)
-Rina Ogata (White Album)
-Azusa Nakano (K-ON!)
-Nodoka Haramura (Saki)
-Amae Koromo (Saki)
-Kanade (Asura Cryin')
-Misao (Asura Cryin')
-Misaki (Hatsukoi Limited)
-Koyoi (Hatsukoi Limited)
-Excel (Kurokami)
-Rouge (Basquash!)
-Citron (Basquash!)
-Alice (Pandora Hearts)
-Ada (Pandora Hearts)
-Sengoku Nadeko (Bakemonogatari)
-Shizuku Sakurai (Candy Boy)
-Seika Houjouin (Princess Lover!)
-Airi (Queen's Blade)
-Mafuyu (Seitokai no Ichizon)
-Kaede Sakura (Kampfer)
-Chise and Chiho (Kobato)
-Belphegor (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Lucifer (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Frederica Bernkastel (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Kukuri Tachibana (11eyes)
-Nymph (Sora no Otoshimono)
-Mina Tepes (Dance in the Vampire Bund)
-Kureha Suminoya (Sora no Woto)
-Sylvette Suede (Letter Bee)
-Fumino Serizawa (Mayoi Neko Overrun!)
-Yui (Angel Beats!)
-Kanade Tachibana/Tenshi (Angel Beats!)
-Poplar Taneshima (Working!!)
-Togame (Katanagatari)
-Hitei (Katanagatari)
-Aoba Tsukishima (Cross Game)
-Haruka Morishima (Amagami SS)
-Amu Hinamori (Shugo Chara!)
-Rima Mashiro (Shugo Chara!)
-Ryouko Ookami (Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi)
-Hitoha Marui (Mitsudomoe)
-Kirino Kousaka (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Kuroneko/Ruri Gokou (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Ayase Aragaki (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Mio Isurugi (MM!)
-Zakuro (Otome Youkai Zakuro)
-Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail)
-Mirajane (Fairy Tail)
-Stocking (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
-Tsukasa Ayatasuji (Amagami SS)
-Feldt Grace (Gundam 00)
-Mileina Vashti (Gundam 00)
-Saori Chiba (Hourou Musuko)
-Homura Akemi (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
-Naruko Anjou (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai)
-Eucliwood Hellscythe (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
-Sarasvati (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
-Mashu ([C])
-Aria Kanzaki (Hidan no Aria)
-Victorique de Blois (Gosick)
-Cordelia Gallo (Gosick)
-Yuina Wakura (Hanasaku Iroha)
-Erio Touwa (Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko)
-Yuuko Shionji a.k.a Alice (Kami-sama no Memochou)
-Subaru Konoe (Mayo Chiki!)
-Himea Saito (Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi)
-Dalian (Dantalian no Shoka)
-Misaki Tokura (Cardfight!! Vanguard)
-Ruri Aiba (Sacred Seven)
-Iori Minase (The iDOLM@STER)
-Miki Hoshii (The iDOLM@STER)
-Kyouko Toshinou (Yuru Yuri)
-Fear Kubrick (C3)
-Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
-Rise Kujikawa (Persona 4)
-Kobato Hasegawa (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
-Sena Kashiwazaki (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
-Horizon Ariadust (Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon)
-Tsugumi (Guilty Crown)
-Inori Yuzuriha (Guilty Crown)
-Ririchiyo Shirakiin (Inu x Boku SS)
-Chihaya Ayase (Chihayafuru)
-Mikono Suzushiro (Aquarion EVOL)
-Yunoha Suroor (Aquarion EVOL)
-Crea Torosera (Aquarion EVOL)
-Nana Mishima (Area no Kishi)
-Toki Onjouji (Saki -Achiga-hen-)
-Ryuuka Shimizudani (Saki -Achiga-hen-)
-Kuroyukihime (Accel World)
-Tsumiki Miniwa (Acchi Kocchi)