Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Rinne no Lagrange, jersy girl club mecha fighting girls

Pages: (2) [1] 2 
senpai-kun-nakama   Retired Feb 03 2012, 11:29 PM Quote
user posted image
Title: Rinne no Lagrange; Flower declaration of your heart; Lagrange -The Flower of Rin-ne
Date Aired: Dec 25, 2011
Producers: Production I.G, Xebec
Chief Director: Tatsuo Sato
Director: Toshimasa Suzuki
Original Novel: Kouhei Takuguchi (Media Factory) Souhei Tsukimi (Rinne no Lagrange) Takeshi Kanedaichi (Media Factory) Yasuji Misaka (Media Factory)
Genres: Sci-fi, Action, Comedy, Mecha
Episodes: 12
Characters & Voice Actors:

Main
Kyouno, Madoka: Ishihara, Kaori
Laffinty, Fin E Ld Si: Seto, Asami
Muginami: Kayano, Ai

Synopsis: Madoka Kyouno is an energetic girl who is full of passion. As the proud, and only, member of the Kamogawa Girls' High School Jersey Club, she goes around helping people in need. Madoka's life is turned upside down when she is suddenly asked by a mysterious girl named Lan to pilot a robot. Motivated by her desire to protect the people and city of Kamogawa, Madoka agrees to pilot the resurrected Vox robot to fight against extraterrestrials that have come to attack Earth.

(Source: VIZ Media, ANN, MAL)

user posted imageuser posted image

Additional Thoughts: If you're a fan of the sci-fi genre, cute girls, and comedy then you might want to give this one a look. It seems there maybe a solid plot as well but after only four aired episodes they haven't fully explained it in great detail. Another interesting fact is that they've already committed to a second season of this anime before the first one aired. The second season is scheduled to start in July 2012.

senpai-kun-nakama   Retired Feb 04 2012, 12:03 AM Quote
After watching the first four episodes I can say I'm enjoying this anime and will give it my full 12. The main reason it's been entertaining for me so far is because Madoka is like this crazy ball of energy that you can't help but root for. She's the leader of the Jersey Club who's main purpose is to aid others. So what better way to do that than fight off alien threats in a mecha?!

Besides her my second favorite character is Lan. She is kinda shrouded in mystery (her origin at least) but we know she's not from the planet and she has great apprehension when it comes to piloting one of the mecha robots. There's definitely some mysterious reason that they've yet to announce but I suspect it will play a major factor in the plot.

Then the other lead female role (Muginami) is played by this well endowed and surprisingly athletic girl. She is even more mysterious than Lan at this point because no one knows where she came from. Madoka being the excitable free-spirit has taken a liking to her and given her residence at her home and recruited her into the jersey club. Lan being somewhat jealous of Madoka and Muginami new found friendship has officially decided to join the jersey club by enrolling in Madoka's school (I think she moves in with them as well). So now that all the main characters have been introduced it seems like the story will get more in-depth from here.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Norren-chan   Feb 04 2012, 06:10 AM Quote
This one confuses me. I mean, I like the designs, I like the characters individually... (minus-muginami, anyway. I don't much care for her general stereotype.)

... but something feels off in a way that I just cannot pin my finger on.

It'd probably be less awkward if they'd speed up the pacing a bit. Now that I know they've got a second season I'm less worried about a sudden trainwreck, but we're four episodes in and something just isn't quite right.

Madoka and Lan are two nice character designs, tho'. Madoka for her oddball, pure spirited determinator approach; and Lan with her serious, competitive but shy personality. I think Lan is adorable when she goes into "I won't be outdone!" mode.

None of the girls really match their mecha's elemental affinity, tho'...

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Feb 04 2012, 10:18 AM Quote
A nice and enjoyable show with the right balance of action and comedy. The characters are interesting too, be it Lan, Mugi, Yoko or Iwabuchi-sensei. Madoka is not that interesting because out of all the characters we pretty much completely know everything about her.

Im pretty sure Lan fears falling to the Demon inside the robots. You know the prophecy Array talked in his cell about. But seeing how Madoka can stay herself while fighting took a lot of that anxiety, but probably not completely.

What was really strange in the forth ep was that it looked like an ally of the enemies destroyed parts of them which made me completely go "wtf???". And after that he asks them to join him.
Thats probably what you think is strange @Norren. That some things just dont add up or are ridiculous.

@senpai: Muha, found an anime we both watch and Im not going to drop tongue.gif

Btw, maybe it was just the subgroup but why was in ep 4 the "jersey club" all of a sudden the "sweets club"?

This post has been edited by Killer_Ossi on Feb 04 2012, 12:22 PM

Currently not watching much because of moving.

My Animelist

Top 5 of currently airing TV-series:(01.04.12)
Waiting for new season to roll in and time to actually watch it ^^

Norren-chan   Feb 04 2012, 03:55 PM Quote
The kanji they're using for "Sweats club" is kind of... weird.

senpai-kun-nakama   Retired Feb 04 2012, 06:54 PM Quote
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Feb 04 2012, 11:18 AM)
@senpai: Muha, found an anime we both watch and Im not going to drop tongue.gif

Btw, maybe it was just the subgroup but why was in ep 4 the "jersey club" all of a sudden the "sweets club"?

I don't know... give it a couple weeks and I bet you will be threatening or at least thinking about dropping it. laugh.gif I also noticed that one of the fansub group's that do this anime was using the term "sweats club." I'm not for sure why but if I had to make a guess it would be because they tried to Americanize it. For instance, the outfit she wears would really be referred to as sweats (being it's a top and bottom outfit). A jersey would just be like the top here in America (well sorta). Though in Japanese anime and I'm assuming their culture they usually refer to the whole outfit as a jersey? I know they did when I was watching an episode of Gintama. "Wearing nothing but a jersey he's a hikikomori..." I can still remember that hilarious song.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Episode 5
Rinne no Lagrange @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Feb 05 2012, 09:52 AM

Norren-chan   Feb 05 2012, 07:22 PM Quote
I'm remembering something else, this episode I heard them using the loanword "Jersey". Maybe it's just babblefish EN->JP->EN.

Anyway, I get the idea this show has no real bad guys. Vigawhatshisname turning on Muginami so she could keep her friends was deeply touching.  Toss in how the three we fought so far seemed to be on a mission of survival and not conquest, I get the idea this anime is going to be epic space battles through colossal misunderstandings.

Story still feels awkward, but this episode flowed better than the others.

senpai-kun-nakama   Retired Feb 06 2012, 01:18 AM Quote
QUOTE (Norren @ Feb 05 2012, 08:22 PM)
Anyway, I get the idea this show has no real bad guys.  [SPOILER]Vigawhatshisname turning on Muginami so she could keep her friends was deeply touching.  Toss in how the three we fought so far seemed to be on a mission of survival and not conquest, I get the idea this anime is going to be epic space battles through colossal misunderstandings.

I'm thinking on the same line you are when you say this show may have no real bad guys. At the end of episode 5 I'm screaming (internally) WTF Vig (Will have to go back and look up his name) just completely flipped the script on Muginami. She is one interesting character btw. Just her pure logic and reasoning of how Madoka and Lan should enjoy their everyday lives until the war takes place was baffling. The way she said it with such a happy face and innocent tone (well until she Madoka questioned if they had to fight) left Lan and Madoka with perplexed expressions. Even during the breakfast scene Muginami played Lan like a fine tuned violin. She gave her a very smooth guilt trip and Madoka's uncle gave her a nice assist when he said, "Oh that's why you were up since 3 am making breakfast." I was like WOAH that was the killshot right there Lan! Go turn around, take a seat at the table, and eat that breakfast laugh.gif

But back to Vig for a second. When he completely changed his demeanor and started verbally raping Muginami I was caught so far off guard. I mean Muginami was referring to him as oniichan, completely crowding his personal space, fawning like a puppy dog and wagging her tail (figuratively of course). But like you said Norren (if you aren't looking away for that split second) you could see the look of regret on his face. There was a motive behind the madness. The other interesting part of the episode to me was that Madoka showed a completely different side to her personality this episode. Usually she's all happy go lucky and throwing up the success @ sign (best I could do w/computer keys). In this episode she was more hardcore. When she was questioning Muginami at the end of the episode if she was just playing her and Lan, Vig tried to casually speak, and she completed shut him down. Earlier in the episode at the beach she gave her uncle that WTF are you doing drinking in the middle of the day look. Then when Vig tried to comment on the color of her pantsu she stomped a mud hole in his gut for good measure. I gotta say I was very impressed with this version of Madoka. You can clearly see that she shares the same gene pool as her hot-blooded cousin. Okay this is getting to be a very long post; I'm surprised at how many talking points this particular episode had to offer. I might be a bit biased (just a smidge) since I really like the sci-fi genre but after this episode I think this anime is trending up into my top 3 favorites of the season.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Norren-chan   Feb 06 2012, 01:23 PM Quote
What I thought was striking is if you were watching his body language through the entire thing, he suddenly got uncomfortable from the moment Muginami started tormenting Lan. You could tell as all that was going on in front of him, he wanted to do SOMETHING.

It'll be interesting to see if we pick up anyone that can legitimately be called a villain this show. I wonder if the theme of the show is going to be more the main characters not turning into monsters. (All three of them have vicious streaks and there's that prophecy thing about the three Vox destroying everything.)

julezia-chibi   Fansub TV Team Feb 07 2012, 12:16 PM Quote
I was surprised by how cunning and manipulative Muginami turned out to be. When I first saw her character I was expecting her to be the ditsy type... what a shock. I'd like to know more about the different planets they keep mentioning and why war is so inevitable, because all of that has been glossed over so far.

I wonder how much of an age difference there is between Lan and Vig, because she's in highschool and he looks like an oji-san... yet they seemed to have had some kind of relationship when they were younger. I was even thinking that they may have been betrothed.

Vig noted that Madoka, is alot like "Yurikano," which I'm betting is a relative of hers... maybe even her mother? ohmy.gif

user posted image
Top Favourites
1. Nisemonogatari
2. Chihayafuru
3. Another
4. Aquarion Evol
5. Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

My Anime List

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Feb 11 2012, 07:37 AM Quote
I knew Muginami would be exaclty this but I never wouldve thought that she would get crushed like that by her dear "Onii-chan", even though it was for her own good.

Currently I dont know where this show is leading us to since there is no definite path laid out. Like others already said there is no real bad guy for now.
My guess is that there wa sa coup d'etat in the nation/kingdom/whatever of Lan and she seeked help from earth while Vig is trying to get her back or something. And seeing how he destroyed the ship of those other guys Madoka was fighting with hes clearly on Lans side. That he helped Mugnami to try staying friends with Lan and Madoka is just another proof and you could almost say he has a death flag now.

My Animelist

Episode 6
Rinne no Lagrange @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Feb 12 2012, 11:32 AM

senpai-kun-nakama   Retired Feb 12 2012, 11:38 PM Quote
The end of episode six left one huge question hanging over our heads. What does the Ri-ne has blossomed mean? That's what Moid said laughing hysterically and dare I say almost sinister way. He also claimed that is what Villagiulio's aim was probably this whole time. It's hard to speculate since they're using original terminology that many sci-fi type shows come up with and clearly they haven't given us much on the way of explanation yet. The only think I can really speculate from it is that the whole Ri-ne blossoming thing was triggered by Madoka's emotions running wild after Muginami claimed she was just being selfish. It almost seemed like her Vox was transforming and maybe that would have been a bad thing since Lan decided she had better try to put a stop to it.

I can see where Muginami might see Madoka's actions as selfish because she tends to just charge head-on when she feels an injustice has taken place. She reminds me of a stereotypical hot-blooded male shounen protagonist in that manner. But maybe that's part of her charm because I still dig her and like her straightforwardness. She's definitely a take action first and ask questions later type of heroine or just completely leave the complicated questions for someone best suited to actually understand them lol. I'm assuming that maybe the highly suspicious Moid character or possibly Lan will have to answer some questions next episode.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Norren-chan   Feb 13 2012, 02:05 AM Quote
I think "The Ri-ne has blossomed" is a diminutive title shout out. Rinne no Lagrange = Flower of Reincarnation. I'm not sure if Ri-ne is "Rinne" or not, but my Shakugan no shana jargonsense tells me it is. I can't help but wonder if this was what they meant by "The green shall tear the sky".

I can't help but laugh at all the aliens' first exposure to genki drinks. It also Looks like we're going to get a flashback episode that explains stuff amidst some goofy slice of life stuff.

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Feb 13 2012, 04:47 AM Quote
Im pretty sure that Madoka was on the way of releasing the demon inside the Vox and thats what Vig is after. Or maybe its not a demon and people just say it is, maybe its something good that happens. Or, as always, it depends on the one using it if its good or bad.

If someone butted into my biz like Madoka always does I would react like Muginami too since, well its not her matter but mine. Especially after I made clear on which side I stand on.

My Animelist

julezia-chibi   Fansub TV Team Feb 13 2012, 12:59 PM Quote
QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Feb 13 2012, 06:38 AM)
The end of episode six left one huge question hanging over our heads. What does the Ri-ne has blossomed mean? That's what Moid said laughing hysterically and dare I say almost sinister way. He also claimed that is what Villagiulio's aim was probably this whole time. It's hard to speculate since they're using original terminology that many sci-fi type shows come up with and clearly they haven't given us much on the way of explanation yet. The only think I can really speculate from it is that the whole Ri-ne blossoming thing was triggered by Madoka's emotions running wild after Muginami claimed she was just being selfish. It almost seemed like her Vox was transforming and maybe that would have been a bad thing since Lan decided she had better try to put a stop to it.

I'm wondering if this is what Lan was ultimately afraid of happening or is it something else? I surmised that Vigigi's real goal isn't to destroy the island and voxes, just a feeling he had something else up his sleeve and now we finally understand what that was. He may have been counting on Muginami being the one to release Rin-ne and that's why he intentionally hurt her, but hey he got what he wanted in the end tongue.gif

Can't trust people that constantly grin with their eyes closed in anime, they are mischievous or play the antagonist. I suspected Moid has his own agenda, and he that isn't very faithful to his princess as he appears. After Muginami left piloting Ignis, Yoko gave Moid a hard look, indicating she doesn't trust him either...
This show is really growing on me, it's becoming one to look forward to each week. I'm hoping for more sensible explanations about whats going on and why they are warring with each other in the first place. Not to mention what it is about the voxes that Lan fears exactly... is it the legend about the three voxes destroying space? I vaguely remember something like that.

user posted image
Top Favourites
1. Nisemonogatari
2. Chihayafuru
3. Another
4. Aquarion Evol
5. Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

My Anime List

Episode 7
Rinne no Lagrange @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Feb 19 2012, 02:50 PM

senpai-kun-nakama   Retired Feb 20 2012, 11:23 AM Quote
I was thinking that the whole "The Ri-ne has blossomed" has blossomed line from the previous episode would get addressed in episode seven but that wasn't the case. Moid was questioned though about the significance of the fireworks display, as that is what it was being reported on the news, by captain curious (err can't remember his name off the top of my head lol). Though Moid just deflects the question and gives him the even we don't know everything convenient answer. He's gotta be lying but we'll just have to wait for another episode to uncover more details concerning that. If it's of any relevance at all.

Then the rest of the episode revolved around flashbacks of Muginami and Villagiulio. The running gag of the show where Madoka says a different variation of his name is pretty funny. Lan even corrected her at least two or three times this episode to no avail. It wasn't surprising to learn that Villagiulo was Muginami's inspiration for living. She was a little kid on that war torn planet trying to survive on her on before she met him. It was a sad story and at one point when she tried to steal an apple so she wouldn't starve and got punched (a little girl) by a grown up male you knew she was living in a twisted and corrupt environment. Lan feels Madoka in on Villagiulio's past in real time and says that he was once a prince. So maybe that piece of information is relevant to his current actions. I can pose some motivational theories on his part but I'll just leave the guessing to somebody else.

There was no jersey or Madoka signature top-knot this episode ohmy.gif but there was some nice service shots I could gladly appreciate. My favorite was near the end of the episode when Muginami decided to leave Madoka's place because she felt like she betrayed them. Then Lan and Madoka stop her and Lan reveals (she was so jealous lol) that she actually wanted to take a bath with them earlier. So she completely strips right then and there and fakes like it's natural for family to bath together on her planet. Miginami calls her out on the BS and Lan is like I'm the princess so I can make up the rule here and now lol. So the stripping commences and they go take a bath in the sea. I still don't know about the "The Ri-ne has blossomed" but I know the girls where blossoming in all the right places all over my computer screen and I enjoyed every second of it. I'm going to go watch the scene again when I get done posting ph34r.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Feb 21 2012, 11:52 AM Quote
Now its pretty obvious what happened to Villa.... He stranded with his ship, saw how corrupt the universe is and wants to change it as a revolutionary. Or maybe hes gotten twisted and wants to destroy just everything so that it can being from zero again.

This ep had really nice fanservice with Muginami and Madoka taking a bath, then all three get into the ocean and of course Iwabuchi-sensei in her swimsuit again. And nothing of it feels strange, but on the right place at the right time.

The way Lan talked it sounded as if her brother is still alive what is quite a surprise since I was sure that he is dead. They never said it but the way he went into battle in the flashback with her and Villa... I totally had the feeling he will never be back.

My Animelist

Episode 8
Rinne no Lagrange @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Feb 26 2012, 02:23 PM

senpai-kun-nakama   Retired Feb 27 2012, 11:31 AM Quote
They got around to explaining the majority of the unknown elements in episode eight. So the ancestors of Lan and Muginami lived on earth about 20,000 years ago. They were forced to leave the planet because of fear that the legend (or curse) of the Voxes would come true and wipe out the planet. That's the cliff notes version that I can remember off the top of my head at least.

At one point during the episode Moid had a transmission with somebody he referred to as his Highness. Was that Lan's brother? I'm not entirely for sure but he wants Moid to speed up the recovery of the Voxes. They mentioned something about the Circle of Ri-nne if I'm not mistaken. I don't think that phrase was explained in detail but there was so much sci-terminology trying to be explained I might have missed it.

The other interesting part of the episode is that the new character (can't recall her name at the moment) who is the head over the operation (since her grandfather doesn't travel) grounds the use of Madoka's Vox. I was a bit surprised just like Lan and Muginami that Madoka didn't take action against this decision. You would think she would have been all jersey girl gung ho so to speak but she was actually pretty reserved and mature about it. I guess she values her friend's safety first and foremost which is admirable but obviously she will be back in flight at some point and I suspect sooner rather than later.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Feb 28 2012, 10:10 AM Quote
So after Aquarion EVOL this show gets its loli-chariman too, eh? Too bad shes not as cute as the one in Aquarion EVOL.

In my eyes it looks like both Villa and Lans brother want the Legend to happen again, but for what? Wipe the other side out? Get Earth back? Whatever it is it seems to be important enough to go against the poeple who were once close to them (Lan & Muginami).

I always wanted to know why Lan made the "Woof!" thing. I thought it was some kind of unique charactertrait so its a bit disappointing that it was just a greeting she was tricked into.

My Animelist

Episode 9
Rinne no Lagrange @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 04 2012, 01:12 PM

Episode 10
Rinne no Lagrange @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 11 2012, 10:40 AM

Episode 11
Rinne no Lagrange @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 18 2012, 02:41 PM

Episode 12
Rinne no Lagrange @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 25 2012, 10:46 AM

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Apr 05 2012, 02:29 PM Quote
This was the only ending except for Black Rock Shooter I saw that was good this season.

For now everything came together and made sense, nothing felt out of place or ridiculous what is a surprise nowadays.
Muginami joining her brother again wasnt much of a surprise for me, but Lans brother appearing defenitely was.
After ep 11 I thought everything will go to hell now, but thanks to Yurikano (who probably saved Madoka back then when she was drowning as a kid) Madoka could get up again and stop it. Good too was that she didnt really win the fight, since I feared she would be presented overpowered in this fight.

In the end this show was a good surprise.
The characters were pretty good and had a good chemistry between them.
Plotwise not much happened, but I think this season was just a sort of introduction for the next season/s to come.

8/10 from me.

My Animelist

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll