Episode Playback
Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

ZETMAN, Tiger & Bunny with less bromance

Pages: (2) [1] 2 
franzoir -the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd   Sempais Mar 17 2012, 10:04 PM Quote
user posted image

Title: ZETMAN
Japanese Title: ゼットマン
Genre: Action, Psychological, Science Fiction
Premier: April 2
Animation Studio: TMS Entertainment
Director: Osamu Nabeshima
Original Creator: Masakazu Katsura
Official Website: http://zetman.jp/index.html

user posted image

PV: here

Plot:

Brought on by the surprise success of Masakazu Katsura's Tiger & Bunny, Katsura's hero manga Zetman, follows Jin Kanzaki, a young man with the ability to transform into a superhuman being known as ZET, and Kouga Amagi, a young man with a strong sense of justice who uses technology to fight as Alphasz.The fates of these two men and those around them intertwine as they fight to protect mankind and destroy monstrous abominations known as Players, who ironically are the creations of the Amagi Corporation, the company founded by Kouga's grandfather, Mitsugai Amagi.

My thoughts:

Oh yes! This is the anime I am diligently anticipating. Cant believe it is premiring quite soon. I know there are one or two ftvers that will also be just as excited by this project, so enjoy it cause it is probably all you are getting for a while. Always wanted to read the manga, the things it has been compared to strike accord with me. It is a shame the only way a project like this can be green lit is on the back of another success and not in its own right but I will take what I can get. Even though I am excited for this my expectations are pretty low since I dont think the industry can do a decent adaption these days especially since I've heard this manga contains risqu material comparable to Gantz. Eitherway, I'm glad I have atleast one anime this year that I will follow all the way through and hopefully will intrigue me enough to invest some time in the manga.

user posted image
"If you truly love something, the most romantic thing you can do is kill it"
user posted image
Best superhero show ever!

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Mar 17 2012, 10:17 PM Quote
The promo image suggests that we should expect some BroMance.

There was some other observation I had about the upcoming show back when I watched the trailer, but I forgot laugh.gif

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Mar 18 2012, 03:46 AM Quote
Sounds interesting. I always wanted to read the manga too, I even have it on HDD (at least up to some point).

I hope it is as dark and serious as the image depicts.

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Mar 20 2012, 05:33 AM Quote
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Mar 18 2012, 03:46 AM)
Sounds interesting. I always wanted to read the manga too, I even have it on HDD (at least up to some point).

I hope it is as dark and serious as the image depicts.

I read the manga, and I can tell you it is VERY dark. The question is how much gore will remain in the anime adaptation.

The problem with this title (the manga) is that new chapter comes out VERY slow...I stopped chasing it for quite a while since the release is so irregular. Since the manga is still nowhere near finish, I think the anime would either just stop somewhere and alter the story a bit and give a sort of ending in the end (like Claymore). With that said, I would definitely check this out.

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

franzoir -the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd   Sempais Mar 20 2012, 06:47 AM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Mar 20 2012, 05:33 AM)
I read the manga, and I can tell you it is VERY dark.

I feel sorry for the manga readers because this will most likely be an abomination to them.

When it comes to adapting seinens I cannot recall a good adaption in recent times. The very existence of a Zetman anime is exciting yet perplexing for the industry in 2012.

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Mar 20 2012, 08:23 AM Quote
QUOTE (franzoir @ Mar 20 2012, 06:47 AM)
I feel sorry for the manga readers because this will most likely be an abomination to them.

Well, I guess they could always use the "hinting approach" of something violence happen off screen, without having body-parts flying all over the place.

franzoir -the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd   Sempais Mar 20 2012, 11:08 AM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Mar 20 2012, 08:23 AM)
Well, I guess they could always use the "hinting approach" of something violence happen off screen, without having body-parts flying all over the place.

Oh dear. If there is one unforgivable sin in a shounen/seinen is the use of quick cuts. It is why I couldnt get into Fairy Tail.

I need to see punches connecting and limbs being sliced off in real-time.

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Mar 20 2012, 05:40 PM Quote
QUOTE (franzoir @ Mar 20 2012, 11:08 AM)
Oh dear. If there is one unforgivable sin in a shounen/seinen is the use of quick cuts.  It is why I couldnt get into Fairy Tail.

I think body parts will still flies if it is of monsters etc...but I could really do with not seeing cute girls dying a bloody gore death like in the manga...it's a bit too heavy for my liking.

This post has been edited by Marine-RX179 on Mar 20 2012, 05:41 PM

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Mar 20 2012, 10:00 PM Quote
I could really do with not seeing cute girls dying a bloody gore death

Ah, typical weekend for some, "too much" for others biggrin.gif

PS j/k

Episode 1
Zetman @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Apr 02 2012, 04:18 PM

NecroRyu-san   Apr 02 2012, 06:28 PM Quote
QUOTE (franzoir @ Mar 20 2012, 12:08 PM)
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Mar 20 2012, 06:40 PM)
QUOTE (franzoir @ Mar 20 2012, 11:08 AM) Oh dear. If there is one unforgivable sin in a shounen/seinen is the use of quick cuts.  It is why I couldnt get into Fairy Tail.

I think body parts will still flies if it is of monsters etc...but I could really do with not seeing cute girls dying a bloody gore death like in the manga...it's a bit too heavy for my liking.
Oh dear. If there is one unforgivable sin in a shounen/seinen is the use of quick cuts. It is why I couldnt get into Fairy Tail.

finally the wait is over with its first episode released and subbed, pretty good animation and character designs (specially that hottie Akemi) though the gore as well looks close to the style of Katsura's manga but it's too bad some censorship was present since the beginning (most likely there will be girls brutally killed as you guys feared )... have been looking forward to this adaptation for a long time with high expectation, definitively one of my top series this season anticipating it with 9/10 biggrin.gif

April's theme Fate/Zero - ava: Iri & sig: Saber's NP Excalibur
user posted imageuser posted image
Scores of the Latest top 10 Anime TV Series / OVA Series:
1. Fate Zero S2 - 10/10 (airing, S1 9/10 & Specials 8/10)
2. Zetman - 9/10 (airing, VG Ai 7/10, DNA2 6/10, I's 8/10)
3. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - 9/10 (Ano Hana 10/10)
4. SankaRea - 8/10 (airing)
5. Uchuu Kyoudai aka Space Brothers - 8/10 (airing)
6. Eureka Seven AO - 7/10 (PoPE7 series 9/10, movie 7/10)
7. Leiji Matsumoto's Ozma - 7/10 (airing, Interstella 8/10)
8. Lupin III: MFtIO - 6/10 (ar, all 70's 5/10, movies 7/10)
9. Kore wa Zombie desu ka of the dead - 6/10 (ar, S1 7/10)
10.Nazo no kanojo X - 6/10 (ar, Denpa teki na kanojo 8/10)

franzoir -the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd   Sempais Apr 02 2012, 08:44 PM Quote
Lol what the hell was that. Oh god faith plummeting.

Firstly, this anime felt old skool which I kind of liked and kind of hated at the same time. Too much stylisation in animation has severely messed up my discernibility.

I like young Jin. A tad cliched but the idea of him not understanding basic human principles worked well in drawing out some real emotion.

The main problem is the action scenes. I hate the way it was edited. Given that this was a prologue there is still hope that thing can improve but for me it is a cardinal sin for a seinen to lack a sense of visceral quality

Oh well.

user posted image
user posted image

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Apr 03 2012, 02:41 AM Quote
Eh, first ep wasn't bad, and it looked pretty, but cookie-cutter premise, so not much to go on at the time. There's hope that it doesn't go the way of G.C., but we'll see. It looks like the "real" story only starts from the next episode, so I'll at least check that one out.

user posted image

My rarely-updated anime list

/人(◕ ‿‿ ◕)人\ 僕と契約して。。。

Nioki-dono   Apr 06 2012, 02:07 PM Quote
Wow... first ep... looks great... but they made quite a number of changes, both time wise... and fact wise.. well considering the slow pace of the manga, I understand why they did tht... but.... dunno... hope they won't ruin anything too badly >_>

This post has been edited by Nioki on Apr 06 2012, 02:08 PM

senpai-kun-nakama   Fansub TV Team Apr 06 2012, 10:12 PM Quote
The old school characters designs don't really bother me (I'll watch the new Lupin as well which also has a somewhat dated character design). The first episode was fairly good as you try to get a feel for the characters plus some solid action sequences mixed in. I have my expectations tempered and am hoping that it's at least comparable to let's say a Deadman Wonderland which I ultimately ended up rating somewhere between a 7.5 - 8.

In the next few episodes it will be interesting to see how the relationship between Jin and his childhood friend Kouga deteriorated. I say that because it seems that they're battling it out in the previews for the next episode. Plus how will Kouga's sister factor into that whole equation. Well I'm sure there will be more significant plot lines introduced in the next episode that will give us a better understanding what direction the story intends to go in.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

NecroRyu-san   Apr 09 2012, 05:57 PM Quote
QUOTE (franzoir @ Apr 02 2012, 09:44 PM)
Firstly, this anime felt old skool which I kind of liked and kind of hated at the same time. Too much stylisation in animation has severely messed up my discernibility.

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Apr 06 2012, 11:12 PM)
The old school characters designs don't really bother me (I'll watch the new Lupin as well which also has a somewhat dated character design).

actually I'm quite enjoying its style (the OP and ED songs are a bit out of place though) as feels like was done shortly after the manga series back in 2002 or even the one-shots between 1989 and 1994, the same about Lupin's reboot with Fujiko as main character except for the CGI effects as the manga is originally from 1967... so a few years passed in ep.2 with a teenage Jin who keeps helping people of the streets while his childhood friend Kouga prepares to become a popular hero and future rival with different methods of justice, their battle against that hellboy freak wasn't as good as I expected but may be interesting to see depicted more flashbacks of that typical Katsura's Moemi/Tomoko/Iori girl past and Zetman's fight to save Akemi from his freaky copy next episode huh.gif

Episode 2
Zetman @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Apr 09 2012, 11:24 PM

franzoir -the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd   Sempais Apr 10 2012, 05:11 AM Quote
Episode two was better for me. Mainly because I like Jin as a character. Carrying his experience of being homeless and an orphan has shaped him accordingly and I find his motivations believable. In contrast, Kouga is annoying and I only see him getting more annoying as we progress. But I guess that is the point of his character.

As for the fight, it was better then last week but as with X-men first class, the source of interest is on the relationship between the two main leads, with action being an afterthought. Just as I was on Team Magneto, I am firmly on Team Jin.

user posted image
user posted image

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Apr 11 2012, 08:18 AM Quote
Just watched ep 1 of this show and wasnt really satisfied with it.

I like the animation stlye but the animation quality is just bad and even worse really horrible in fights. The censorships makes it even worse yet again.

Settingwise it reminds me of the old Bloody Roar fighting games for the first Playstation where you could turn into animals too. A great fighting game and far better than Street Fighter or Tekken because its much faster. Would be great if this animes turns out like this. But the fights of ep 1 keep my hopes for that really really low.

While watching the ED I thought that it seems like Akemi wont survive long since shes not featured in the ED and its already quite a surprise she survived this ep, but a few secs afterwards she was shown, or at least I think it was her with the scar near her mouth. Doenst make her less beautiful since I like women with scars if they look good.

Overall nothing special, but we will see how this will turn out. 13 eps isnt really assuring either -.-

Done with moving, now trying to catch up.

My Animelist

Top 5 of currently airing TV-series:(01.04.12)
Waiting for new season to roll in and time to actually watch it ^^

Episode 3
Zetman @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Apr 16 2012, 03:50 PM

NecroRyu-san   Apr 16 2012, 04:36 PM Quote
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Apr 11 2012, 09:18 AM)
While watching the ED I thought that it seems like Akemi wont survive long since shes not featured in the ED and its already quite a surprise she survived this ep, but a few secs afterwards she was shown, or at least I think it was her with the scar near her mouth. Doenst make her less beautiful since I like women with scars if they look good

looks like Jin doesn't think the same as he agreed to become a stronger Zet to make her face pretty again anyway I though she was a goner in the last seconds of ep.2 but the shock was even greater as it happened in a similar way Jin's "grandpa" died while hugging him , now she was murdered in front of his eyes the very moment there was hope for her to survive just like the first episode but good thing it was only her doppleganger doomed to become one of those Player monsters to test him ...not only Jin is the one suffering the most but also never got the credit he deserved since he started chasing criminals for reward money to survive and the first time he met Kouga who was looking for praise, becoming childhood friends but rivals in views of justice and different ways to help people so next episode many years will pass again (probably will happen the same as the OP facing each other while fighting the emo villain) dry.gif

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Apr 17 2012, 01:24 AM Quote
Just like franzoir said Kouga really was annoying in ep 2. But I must say I didnt really like Jins overconfidence either.
And too bad we didnt get to see Konohas and Kougas mother in the dress the secretary provided for her since shes a hot one.
Sadly Akemi didnt look as good with the scar as I thought she would be, but thats probably because the animation style and quality doesnt flatter her.

So Jins back to where he was in the beginning, in the hands of some evil scientist. That looks really really bad for Jin since I doubt it will be easy to escape again. Except of course hes so overpowered as he was pictured in ep 2. What of course explains his overconfidence.

Done with moving, now trying to catch up.

My Animelist

Top 5 of currently airing TV-series:(01.04.12)
Waiting for new season to roll in and time to actually watch it ^^

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Apr 20 2012, 10:14 AM Quote
Sooo, it might be the fault of my fading consciousness due to relative lack of sleep and other crazy stuff recently, but in the latest ep I've been having trouble keeping the plot together in my head. The other potential reason is, of course, that it's been shoddily pieced together to begin with.

Now that the flashiness of high-quality animation is nowhere to be seen (did they blow all their budget on the first ep or what?), and the effects and camera angles are settling into the more standard styles, my motivation to watch the show is fading fast. The plot alone is obviously unable to support the whole show, so if the action doesn't go up in quantity and quality in the next ep, this might as well be dropped. I'm being a bit generous here, but the real plot seems to only start properly in the next ep, so it's all justified.

PS This show reminds me a bit of Deadman Wonderland in that it's a shounen with a fairly formulaic premise and interesting potential, but is wasting it away. Except D.W. didn't drop the ball on the visuals quality quite this fast - and even when it did, it was mostly the fault of the censors.

PS2 According to the idea I got from the thread subtitle, just about the only thing that could save this show now would be moar hearty bromance.

This post has been edited by Ausdoerrt on Apr 20 2012, 10:17 AM

user posted image

My rarely-updated anime list

/人(◕ ‿‿ ◕)人\ 僕と契約して。。。

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll