Recommendations

Discuss

Medaka Box, action, comedy, ecchi, martial arts

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3 
julezia-chibi   Fansub TV Team Apr 05 2012, 12:22 PM Quote
user posted image

Genre: action, comedy, romance, ecchi, martial arts, school, shounen
Studio: GAINAX
Director: Shouji Saeki (This Ugly Yet Beautiful World)
Original Creator: Akira Akatsuki (art), NisiOisin (story)

Plot Summary:
Medaka Kurokami is an exceptional first year student at Hanokiwa Academy who got elected as president of the student council with a smashing 98% of the votes. Extremely intelligent, strong, and rich; she wants to help anyone in need. To do that, she introduces a suggestion box that allows any student to contact her. Later known as the "Medaka Box", it will bring forth incredible challenges to Kurokami and her friends of the student council.

Opening theme:
"HAPPY CRAZY BOX" by Minami Kuribayashi

Ending theme:
"Ohanabatake ni Tsuretette" (お花畑に連れてって) by Aki Toyosaki

Voice Actors:
Ai Kayano as Mogana Kikaijima
Aki Toyosaki as Medaka Kurokami
Emiri Katō as Hansode Shiranui
Yuuki Ono as Zenkichi Hitoyoshi

Daisuke Namikawa as Kouki Akune
Katsuyuki Konishi as 3rd Year Moji

Thoughts:
I haven't watched it yet, but I have read a couple chapters of the manga which weren't that outstanding.... I did hear that it improves though, so I decided to give the anime a chance. In a nutshell it intrigues me because NisiOisin behind it.

user posted image
Top Favourites
1. Nisemonogatari
2. Chihayafuru
3. Another
4. Aquarion Evol
5. Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

My Anime List

Nemingway-Oshiri Master   Sempais Apr 05 2012, 12:27 PM Quote
Well when I saw that picture the first time, I thought it would be a seitokai yakuindo or even a seitokai no ichizon like but the first episode is way way too rough ! Honestly, at the end of the episode, I had a "WTF" reaction xD I wasn't convinced by it and I took the time to decide if I should give this a try or not. So I might give this anime a try until episode 3-4 to see if it will improve. But if not... goodbye ^^'

Between, I like the ending sung by Aki-chan ^^ Good to hear her again =)

2D Art of Death : Fist of the fact that even if a girl is really clumsy, she can still be damn cute !

(Sorry if I have a bad English)

Kid-Wolf~The Night Sparrow's Assistant~   Fansub TV Team Apr 05 2012, 01:45 PM Quote
Okay first I have to say that the first episode is now out and have high hopes to watch it, but then I saw the studio doing this and now I feel like we're going to be in for a trollish series here. rolleyes.gif
I mean come on it's GAINAX we're talking here, I'd expect nothing less from them. tongue.gif

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

Nioki-dono   Apr 05 2012, 02:55 PM Quote
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 05 2012, 10:45 PM)
Okay first I have to say that the first episode is now out and have high hopes to watch it, but then I saw the studio doing this and now I feel like we're going to be in for a trollish series here. rolleyes.gif
I mean come on it's GAINAX we're talking here, I'd expect nothing less from them. tongue.gif

Wait... Gainax? Now I just have to watch this. Even if I wasn't able to handle the manga ohmy.gif
Off to get ep.1

NecroRyu-san   Apr 05 2012, 07:04 PM Quote
QUOTE (Nioki @ Apr 05 2012, 03:55 PM)
Wait... Gainax? Now I just have to watch this. Even if I wasn't able to handle the manga ohmy.gif
Off to get ep.1

hmm a hottie righteous student council president that doesn't realize her own superiority complex, helping everyone in school who needs her and the tsundere "boyfriend" of hers (leaving their petitions inside her box)... after watching the first episode I wouldn't trust Gainax that much with this one, probably this will be a bit tough to follow and may become funnier but why it sounds a bit similar to that MM! TV series from last year? tongue.gif

April ava & sig: Fate/Zero - Sakura and summoning Berserker
user posted imageuser posted image
Scores of the Latest top 10 Anime TV Series / OVA Series:
1. Fate Zero S2 - 10/10 (airing, S1 9/10 & Specials 8/10)
2. SankaRea - 9/10 (airing)
3. Zetman - 9/10 (airing, VG Ai 7/10, DNA2 6/10, I's 8/10)
4. Uchuu Kyoudai aka Space Brothers - 8/10 (airing)
5. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - 8/10 (ar, Ano Hana 10/10)
6. Lupin III: MFtIO - 7/10 (ar, all 70's 5/10, movies 7/10)
7. Eureka Seven AO - 7/10 (airin', PoPE7 9/10, movie 7/10)
8. Kore wa Zombie desu ka of the dead - 6/10 (ar, S1 7/10)
9. Nazo no kanojo X - 6/10 (ar, Denpa teki na kanojo 8/10)
10.Saint Seiya Omega - 5/10 (airin, Tenkaihen movie 5/10)

Nioki-dono   Apr 06 2012, 01:08 AM Quote
QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Apr 06 2012, 04:04 AM)
hmm a hottie righteous student council president that doesn't realize her own superiority complex, helping everyone in school who needs her and the tsundere "boyfriend" of hers (leaving their petitions inside her box)... after watching the first episode I wouldn't trust Gainax that much with this one, probably this will be a bit tough to follow and may become funnier but why it sounds a bit similar to that MM! TV series from last year? tongue.gif

Well I wouldn't say its like MM! MM had a completely maso lead, and completely over the top situations that were trying to remind that to us all the time.
Also, the first episode was basically manga beginning, an I haven't read that much of it, people say its pretty awesome, so considering it has a potential to be awesome and with the addition of awesome gainax to the mix, maybe it'll actuially turn out to be kinda awesome tongue.gif I'll give it a few more episodes.

user posted image

user posted image
Oh I wonder what my sig is gonna be soon user posted image

senpai-kun-nakama   Fansub TV Team Apr 06 2012, 09:49 PM Quote
I've also read a couple of chapters of this manga a while back and wasn't that terribly impressed. I don't know if it's just me but for some reason I find myself a lot less into these anime revolving around a student council. It seems like every anime season they have one specifically like that nowadays -- ah well. In order for me to be able to like this anime I knew that the main character Medaka needed to be standout. After the first episode I feel like I've just seen this act before and it's getting stale. I don't want to completely dismiss her ability to carry a show just after one episode but I'm having my doubts. She doesn't even seem to be drawn (animation wise) that well either; I recall her looking much more appealing in the manga. Although I still wouldn't watch this series just for that sole reason even if she had been. I might give this one two more episodes to see if it has any depth or real comedic value to it. If it's just going to stay about her completely random requests or jobs err; I just don't know...

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

julezia-chibi   Fansub TV Team Apr 06 2012, 10:22 PM Quote
QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Apr 06 2012, 10:49 PM)
I've also read a couple of chapters of this manga a while back and wasn't that terribly impressed. I don't know if it's just me but for some reason I find myself a lot less into these anime revolving around a student council. It seems like every anime season they have one specifically like that nowadays -- ah well.

That is true, there is an influx of school council centered animes lately. Only difference with this one is that she's running the whole council by herself tongue.gif Or she was at least until the end of the episode where she snagged Zenkichi as the new general affairs manager.

I enjoyed the first episode, though I wouldn't say its spectacular by any means and my enjoying it might have to do with my weakness for tsundere males.... tongue.gif
I like Medaka's character so far, yes she's a superwoman, but she's also got a good heart and clearly desires the best for other people. I also enjoyed her quick psychoanalysis based reasoning: "Were you thrown aside by your parents?" "Did you fail to meet a good teacher?" "Were you betrayed by one of your friends?" laugh.gif I'll rehabilitate you! wink.gif

Did anyone else think of Kamina when they introduced Moji, the leader of the delinquents? Same VA and similar chara design.... though you cannot compare the two character wise tongue.gif

user posted image
Top Favourites
1. Nisemonogatari
2. Chihayafuru
3. Another
4. Aquarion Evol
5. Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

My Anime List

KenXstreme-chi   Apr 07 2012, 09:16 AM Quote
I was delighted when I read that there will be an anime about this and I gotta say I was impressed by it (given that I read all 141 chapters so far). Though I still can't get over the fact that Shiranui's hair is light blue and Medaka's voice is not Erza-like but overall it is very good and a must watch for fans and non fans alike.

Kid-Wolf~The Night Sparrow's Assistant~   Fansub TV Team Apr 07 2012, 12:16 PM Quote
Okay now after wathing the first episode I have to say I now kind of know why GINAX was picked to make this series. For some reason I feel somewhat nastagic for Gurren Lagaan now with this series, and I mean that in a good way of course. tongue.gif

In any case I look forward to this ongoing over the top ecchi series now, and it looks like this mioght be the second anime that might end up doing the +100 episode deal here since if I remember correctly it is a Shounen Jump series. So it may actually take the open spot for the Big Three... or is it the Big Two now? laugh.gif

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Apr 08 2012, 02:49 PM Quote
I can't shake the feeling that it is going to be a bit like Sket dance but with a student council. Medaka seems invincible who has a soft spot for Zenkichi. Zenkichi mentions it himself that he also has feelings for Medaka.
Hopefully this series can keep it interesting as watching loose episodes with one problem each time is bound to have uninspired episodes.
What i also wonder about is how Shiranui is going to be..her reactions to Medaka felt a bit off..does she like Zenkichi and due to that is going to get jealous?

ImTakes ~Springtime~hime~   Sempais Apr 08 2012, 03:07 PM Quote
I don't know if it's just me but for some reason I find myself a lot less into these anime revolving around a student council. It seems like every anime season they have one specifically like that nowadays -- ah well

Well, tis all the rage and lots still like the same old regurgitated formula over and over and over. wink.gif (I plead guilty when it applies)
In order for me to be able to like this anime I knew that the main character Medaka needed to be standout. After the first episode I feel like I've just seen this act before and it's getting stale. I don't want to completely dismiss her ability to carry a show just after one episode but I'm having my doubts. She doesn't even seem to be drawn (animation wise) that well either;

Meh...I know exactly where you are coming from. When I first decided to check this mediocrity out (just my honest opinion) I knew the lovely Rias-chan and her troupe had me spoiled and bad. This main character and hers? No thanks.
Although I still wouldn't watch this series just for that sole reason even if she had been. I might give this one two more episodes to see if it has any depth or real comedic value to it. If it's just going to stay about her completely random requests or jobs err; I just don't know...

You just don't know? Hell, if you gotta keep convincing yourself to watch this "one or two more episodes" smells like the kiss off ain't too far behind. I ne'er did hesitate to send this one and quick, into the anime bin...that I do know. wink.gif tongue.gif I cannot even begin to understand how it can even compare to some of the really good stuff I have seen that was aforementioned here... blink.gif

senpai-kun-nakama   Fansub TV Team Apr 08 2012, 08:42 PM Quote
QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 08 2012, 04:07 PM)
You just don't know? Hell, if you gotta keep convincing yourself to watch this "one or two more episodes" smells like the kiss off ain't too far behind. I ne'er did hesitate to send this one and quick, into the anime bin...that I do know. wink.gif tongue.gif I cannot even begin to understand how it can even compare to some of the really good stuff I have seen that was aforementioned here... blink.gif

Let's see isn't your drop record like eighteen seconds in lol. Not to venture too far off-topic but speaking of drop records I got five minutes into the Rock Lee chibi anime and that's all I could manage. I still don't understand why it was all in really bad English blink.gif but I digress.

One of the main reasons I don't go ahead and drop Medaka Box right now even though I raised all those questions about it's potential entertainment value is because I didn't completely hate it. For some reason I feel the need to give those anime that I don't really get on board with after the first episode at least two or three episodes. Because there have been many anime that introduce new (or umm intriguing secondary) characters in that time span that can make the anime just that much better and enough for me to want to continue watching the series.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

ImTakes ~Springtime~hime~   Sempais Apr 08 2012, 08:50 PM Quote
QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Apr 08 2012, 07:42 PM)
Let's see isn't your drop record like eighteen seconds in lol. Not to venture too far off-topic but speaking of drop records I got five minutes into the Rock Lee chibi anime and that's all I could manage. I still don't understand why it was all in really bad English blink.gif but I digress.

One of the main reasons I don't go ahead and drop Medaka Box right now even though I raised all those questions about it's potential entertainment value is because I didn't completely hate it. For some reason I feel the need to give those anime that I don't really get on board with after the first episode at least two or three episodes. Because there have been many anime that introduce new (or umm intriguing secondary) characters in that time span that can make the anime just that much better and enough for me to want to continue watching the series.

Hey...I totally get you. But since I have this radar button that sees red after like five minutes...I sometimes envy you types who can sit through it all hoping it gets better. One of the reasons I disliked this one was I found myself smirking at the main character who as a poser (and that of the anime production studio) somehow thought they could pull off a Rias-chan imitation. Her rack (boobs and cleavage...ho-hum...been there, done that) Her hair and the way it is styled, her look (FAIL) Her little group of folks....too much to nitpick...best to leave it be before I feel outnumbered in my dislike versus like...enjoy the series and do tell as time goes along just how much I will be missing out, Ossan! tongue.gif

Life is grand with a glass in hand~~~ user posted image
user posted image
*~MAL~*

user posted image 2009 FTV Awards
user posted image 2009 FTV Awards
user posted image 2008 FTV Awards

Episode 2
Medaka Box @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Apr 11 2012, 09:05 PM

franzoir -the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd   Sempais Apr 12 2012, 04:04 AM Quote
Tried the first ep. A bit out of my comfort zone and wont be pursing the series.

Problem with Shounen Jump is when it is a property that is not their bread and butter they make anime by committee i.e getting Gainax etc.

Anyway, it was worth it just to peruse through this thread and see the legendary O-face. Cant help but laugh every time. I approve, sir. I approve.

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Apr 15 2012, 03:07 PM Quote
I only heard bad things of the manga but still Ive gotta gave this animes a chance.
First ep wasnt really good, to be honest it was bad.

Medaka is pretty much the only good thing in this show since hses a strong and sexy woman. But all the other characters, the comedy and especially the fights were useless. I just hate fights that are finished with one hit from overpowered characters (just like how it was with Beelzebub).

@Wolfie: This show wont be going over 100 episodes even if it gets new seasons (since this here is only slated for 12 eps) because the manga will soon end because the author was against the animeadaption or something like that (cant give you a source because I dont know where I read this anymore).

Done with moving, now trying to catch up.

My Animelist

Top 5 of currently airing TV-series:(01.04.12)
Waiting for new season to roll in and time to actually watch it ^^

Nemingway-Oshiri Master   Sempais Apr 16 2012, 07:28 PM Quote
The second episode was okey-ish. Nothing outstanding and funny but still, it is an anime you can spend some good time while watching it if you have nothing else to do. Maybe the anime will be more funny if the student council can recruit some new members.

Episode 3
Medaka Box @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Apr 18 2012, 12:53 PM

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Apr 19 2012, 09:06 AM Quote
So in the third episode it is clear that the one who will join the student council is introduced. The fight that will follow in the next episode can be predicted: almost always the stuckup guy is going down. No surprise there or so it seems. However some things were strange again in this episode: in the last episode Shiranui acted strange but funny. Now she said something strange again as she mentions she only is friends with Zenkichi when she wants to. In the first episode it felt like a joke but now i get the feeling she may actually become an opponent to the student council. She feels like a small scheming girl.

Episode 4
Medaka Box @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Apr 25 2012, 03:59 PM

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Apr 28 2012, 06:09 AM Quote
Ep 2 was a bit better than the first but still not great. But since its a lot like Sket Dance which was bad at the beginning too I hope it gets better as te show moves on.
At least I really like the two maincharacters. Medaka in the dogoutfit and her beeing depressed afterwards was great ^^

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Apr 28 2012, 07:20 AM Quote
As expected Zenkichi wins and our loser still joins the student council. Nothing new here.. sad.gif . However Medaka's way of trying to learn to her new recruit the way he should be thinking on jobs was nice. I wonder who she wanted to confess to..i can't imagine it being a new person as the story seemed to have too much time. Still wondering about Shiranui..why does she get so much screentime? She seems to be eating a lot and hanging around Zenkichi. Zenkichi himself says she is dangerous..why?? I can't shake the feeling that she ain't so cute and nice at all when she wants to.

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll