Discuss

Sankarea, comedy, ecchi, horror, romance

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 4 
julezia-chibi   Fansub TV Team Apr 06 2012, 11:23 AM Quote
user posted image user posted image

Genre: comedy, ecchi, horror, supernatural, romance, shounen
Studio: Studio Deen, Lantis
Director: Mamoru Hatakeyama
Original creator: Mitsuru Hattori (Kenko Zenrakei Suieibu Umisho)
Series composition: Noboru Takagi (Durarara!!, Koi Kaze)

Opening Theme:
"Esoragoto" by nano.RIPE
Ending Theme:
"Above Your Hand" by Annabel

Plot: Chihiro Furuya, who loves zombies above all else, meets the sweet girl Rea Sanka by chance, and he ropes her into "resurrecting" his dead cat. But then Rea claims she actually has become a zombie, and asks him to take responsibility for it. (~ANN)

Cast:
Maaya Uchida as Rea Sanka
Ryohei Kimura as Chihiro Furuya

Mayumi Asano as Aria Sanka
Misato Fukuen as Baabu
Saori Hayashi as Mogi
Sayuri Yahagi as Ranko Saōji
Seirou Ogino as Doon Furuya
Shiro Saito as Jogarō Furuya
Shuuhei Iwase as Yasutaka
Unshou Ishizuka as Dan'ichirō Sanka
Yuka Iguchi as Mero Furuya

Thoughts: I haven't seen this one yet either, but I have it ready to go... maybe later tonight smile.gif

user posted image
Top Favourites
1. Nisemonogatari
2. Chihayafuru
3. Another
4. Aquarion Evol
5. Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

My Anime List

Norren-san   Apr 06 2012, 12:43 PM Quote
I read a bunch of scanlated chapters for it at one point, it's a cute concept. It's not so much she "claims" to have become a zombie as he watches her fall 50 feet and get impaled by a dead tree stump, and becomes one in front of him.  Makes sense in context, some poison is involved and... yeah...  just watch it yourself.

It's not entirely my thing, but I like some of the characterizations. I always wondered when they were going to figure out that their zombie housecat was eating other cats at night, but to present they haven't.  ah well.

NecroRyu-san   Apr 06 2012, 12:54 PM Quote
desperate waiting for english subs I ended watching the first episode in spanish and was really worth it, have been interested to watch this one since I heard about the 2009 manga still ongoing and I'm now hooked to check the rest of this series... I have enjoyed romantic comedy anime series with undead guys as protagonists before (such as Bake/Nisemonogatari and Kore wa Zombie desu ka? S1 and 2) but it was time to see what would happen if a female zombie falls for someone who loves horror movies with zombiettes (and I don't mean the ones of Red Garden ^^) like that neko-mimi-hair guy, does that makes him some kind of necrophile or is it alright in case she's a walking dead? ¬¬ anyways with medium expectation I'll give it 8/10 ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by NecroRyu on Apr 08 2012, 12:22 AM

April Fate/Zero - ava: Rin, sig: Aoi & summoning Gilgamesh
user posted imageuser posted image
Scores of the Latest top 10 Anime TV Series / OVA Series:
1. Fate Zero S2 - 10/10 (airing, S1 9/10 & Specials 8/10)
2. Zetman - 9/10 (airing, VG Ai 7/10, DNA2 6/10, I's 8/10)
3. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - 9/10 (ar, Ano Hana 10/10)
4. SankaRea - 8/10 (airing)
5. Uchuu Kyoudai aka Space Brothers - 8/10 (airing)
6. Eureka Seven AO - 7/10 (airin', PoPE7 9/10, movie 7/10)
7. Lupin III: MFtIO - 7/10 (ar, all 70's 5/10, movies 7/10)
8. Kore wa Zombie desu ka of the dead - 6/10 (ar, S1 7/10)
9. Nazo no kanojo X - 6/10 (ar, Denpa teki na kanojo 8/10)
10.Saint Seiya Omega - 5/10 (airin, Tenkaihen movie 5/10)

Nioki-dono   Apr 06 2012, 01:28 PM Quote
Watched the first episode, was loyal enough to the manga, the animation was great in my eyes, good voice actor for Rea. If quality does not drop in the next two episodes, then I'll continue following this.
Also really happy that Chihiro's cousins name is actually "Ranko", when in the chapters of the manga translated by a certain team she was "Wanko" <- something that constantly ticked me off.
For now, if I had to set an expectations score it would be 7.7/10
Episode one was 8/10

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Apr 06 2012, 09:54 PM)
does that makes him some kind of necrophile or is it alright in case she's a walking dead? ¬¬

I'm not actually too sure myself, but I think not. For that I have two arguments, first of all - zombies are considered undead, which even though not "alive" doesn't necessarily mean "dead", and not just because move, but because they actually exhibit some sort of behavior and mind activity (in the more advanced cases like vampires also a actual consciousness and will. Though all this varies in between different sources). My second argument is that in the case of Chobits - machines aren't part of the "living" but they are made in the form of humans and are programmed to exhibit human-like emotions, and movements. But a human that loves robots or his pc <3 isn't called a necrophile but a technophile - a separate term, so calling Chihiro a zombophile which we should always remember to separate from a necrophile should do justice.

user posted image

user posted image
Oh I wonder what my sig is gonna be soon user posted image

julezia-chibi   Fansub TV Team Apr 06 2012, 10:29 PM Quote
QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 06 2012, 01:43 PM)
I read a bunch of scanlated chapters for it at one point, it's a cute concept. It's not so much she "claims" to have become a zombie as he watches her fall 50 feet and get impaled by a dead tree stump, and becomes one in front of him.  Makes sense in context, some poison is involved and... yeah...  just watch it yourself.

Oh, I see there is an error then in the plot summary... I took it from ANN. Well, I'll keep it as is, so it doesn't spoil anybody since that hasn't happened yet in the anime.

I really enjoyed the first episode, morbid as it is... the quirky character designs and the unique premise for the show drew me in immediately.

I don't think I've ever watched a show where a lead char openly claims he has no interest in living girls.... just ZOMBIE ones tongue.gif despite having a really attractive LIVING girl in arms reach...

user posted image
Top Favourites
1. Nisemonogatari
2. Chihayafuru
3. Another
4. Aquarion Evol
5. Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

My Anime List

Nemingway-Oshiri Master   Sempais Apr 07 2012, 12:18 PM Quote
The first episode is really, really awesome ! Furuya's fetish for zombie girls can shock some people but I think the way it was introduced in the beginning was really funny. Sankarea is just damn cute ! Her seiyuu is well chosen and the part when Furuya asked her if she'd be ready to turn into a zombie and her reaction is priceless xD

Omake (minor NSFW) :
user posted image
Yeah...she's not aware of her ability to appeal ! xD

2D Art of Death : Fist of the fact that even if a girl is really clumsy, she can still be damn cute !

(Sorry if I have a bad English)

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Apr 08 2012, 09:57 AM Quote
QUOTE (Nemingway @ Apr 07 2012, 07:18 PM)
The first episode is really, really awesome ! Furuya's fetish for zombie girls can shock some people but I think the way it was introduced in the beginning was really funny. Sankarea is just damn cute ! Her seiyuu is well chosen and the part when Furuya asked her if she'd be ready to turn into a zombie and her reaction is priceless xD

It was indeed. Furuya is strange with his fetish. Ranko was also a pretty fun character. Hopefully we get to see her more. Sankarea however seems disturbing. Her call about her father taking pictures feels to be harboring a lot more problems in that family then just acting to high standards..
You can see where this will go with Sankarea's remark about taking responsibility when she is a zombie.

ImTakes ~Springtime~hime~   Sempais Apr 09 2012, 01:07 AM Quote
QUOTE (Nioki @ Apr 06 2012, 12:28 PM)
Watched the first episode, the animation was great in my eyes, good voice actor for Rea.
Also really happy that Chihiro's cousins name is actually "Ranko", when in the chapters of the manga translated by a certain team she was "Wanko" <- something that constantly ticked me off.

"Wanko" can mean something else altogether, Nioki-san, but I ain't gonna go there not when this one is just too fun and good. tongue.gif I loved the first episode. The male protagonist, Furu-kun, is too way kawaii. He gave me Shiki vibes with his long and lean look and that HAIR! Neko all over and I loved it! A nice eccentric little family too. Gramps may be senile but I bet he has a story to tell...Mero is adorable as a quiet, chore-bound sisse and daughter, with a smoldering fire that burns bright...not much to say on daddi yet. Rea, the moe zombie queen...a beauty with an air that reeks of death...and how. tongue.gif I will be enjoying this one for sure. Gonna be fun watching Furu-kun fall...fall..fall. laugh.gif

Life is grand with a glass in hand~~~ user posted image
user posted image
*~MAL~*

user posted image 2009 FTV Awards
user posted image 2008 FTV Awards

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Apr 11 2012, 02:18 PM Quote
First ep was a nice introduction of the two maincharacters. I cant really fathom how someone could get the idea to only like zombiegirls, but its quite interesting ^^

I guess I wouldve reacted the same as Chihiro when Rea screamed that her father takes naked pictures of her. This is just too shocking. But I already thought that her father is a pedophile after seeing the op.

Overall a interesting setting for now with two interesting leads which have a good chemistry between them.

Done with moving, now trying to catch up.

My Animelist

Top 5 of currently airing TV-series:(01.04.12)
Waiting for new season to roll in and time to actually watch it ^^

Episode 2
Sankarea @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Apr 12 2012, 11:53 PM

NecroRyu-san   Apr 13 2012, 11:27 AM Quote
QUOTE (julezia @ Apr 06 2012, 11:29 PM)
I don't think I've ever watched a show where a lead char openly claims he has no interest in living girls.... just ZOMBIE ones tongue.gif despite having a really attractive LIVING girl in arms reach...

well Furuya is starting to like Rea while she's quite interested in the undead subject asking him to resurrect her if she dies just like he did with Babu (you really can't judge a book by its cover ^^), ep.2 was more about Rea's life since her childhood having to hide any suffering with a smile and the way her despicable parents treat her (specially his father reminding me Yuri's disgusting dad from Mawaru) watching over their daughter all the time and choose what's the "best" for her... makes sense why she didn't feel afraid at all watching hardcore zombie movies without the need to close her eyes after enduring all those hardships while she grew up is such abnormal family, surely Furuya will be in deep trouble as her dad found him getting along with her and the preview shows a few flashes about what's going to happen with her blink.gif

wedora-dono   Sempais Apr 13 2012, 01:21 PM Quote
There sure are a lot of morbid and awkward series this season ohmy.gif . This one fits into both categories, battling mysterious girl x for most awkward series of the season. What is up with people and these bizarre fetishes? Well i guess i cant talk considering my liking of horned chars rolleyes.gif

Ive only seen ep 1 but the cliffhangers killing me. It went from simply morbid and wierd to somewhat frightening. I wonder where this will go, but it piqued my interest.

user posted image
History is always written wrong, and so always needs to be rewritten.
-random Keine arrange in sig link, updated 4/16/2012-

MAL

Kid-Wolf~The Night Sparrow's Assistant~   Fansub TV Team Apr 14 2012, 10:21 AM Quote
Well after watching the first two episodes I have to say that I'm intrigued as to what direction things will go for this series.

In any case I'm guessing why our main boy has a zombie fetish might be because of the death of his mother at a young age I'll bet. Although I sense his cousin Wanko just wants to get into his pants when he's not aware of it. Also, Sanka's father.... answer to probelm there would be knife in face for me though. sleep.gif

In any case side form the fetishes here I have to say that I can understand that Sanka wants to live a normal life, but her father seems to be a bit "over protective" of her. I mean to think he abuses his power so that no one else can touch his daughter at any given time. rolleyes.gif

Anyways from what it looks like she'll do pretty much anything to become a zombie now just to be with our main boy here it seems. To think he was kind of joking about it, but knowing her she activly was considering it. tongue.gif

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Apr 14 2012, 10:50 AM Quote
after watching episode 2 i'm also intrigued. Her father is just plain dangerous. He seems to be someone who will do anything to so called "protect" his daughter. What i do wonder about is Sanka's mother...Why is she so distant? Maybe Sanka ain't her real child?
This episode really gave a feeling of how troubled Sanka is and why she even would consider dying.
I hope the next episode is just as good as this one.
PS: Wanko seems to be a danger in a different way biggrin.gif .

Nemingway-Oshiri Master   Sempais Apr 14 2012, 12:04 PM Quote
QUOTE ("nijlandp")
after watching episode 2 i'm also intrigued. Her father is just plain dangerous. He seems to be someone who will do anything to so called "protect" his daughter. What i do wonder about is Sanka's mother...Why is she so distant? Maybe Sanka ain't her real child?

I think it was said on the second episode. At one moment, Rea-chan says that "her mother maybe knew from the beginning what her father was doing". So maybe the mother knows that her husband is a big and dangerous pedo and then she's just getting jealous to Rea-chan...

Anyway, I'm very sad for Rea-chan =/ She really has no luck because of her father. He likes to control everything and choose what's best for her while believing he's protecting her... BS ! When the episode ended, I wanted to hug Rea-chan =/ She's trying so hard to not let her pain appears in her face... But besides that, she's really cute and funny ! No wonder Furuya is getting more and more interested into Rea-chan =p

QUOTE ("wedora")
There sure are a lot of morbid and awkward series this season ohmy.gif. This one fits into both categories, battling mysterious girl x for most awkward series of the season

Mysterious girl X is more awkward than Sankarea I think... I mean on one side we have some drool being swallowed by another boy and here, just an interest into zombie because of a trauma (furuya's mother death). I don't think those two anime can be compared with their respective awkwardness.

ImTakes ~Springtime~hime~   Sempais Apr 14 2012, 12:32 PM Quote
QUOTE (wedora @ Apr 13 2012, 12:21 PM)
There sure are a lot of morbid and awkward series this season  ohmy.gif .  This one fits into both categories, battling mysterious girl x for most awkward series of the season.  What is up with people and these bizarre fetishes?  Well i guess i cant talk considering my liking of horned chars  rolleyes.gif

I agree with you, wedora-san...some are queasy (or turned on) with body fluids though they may exchange them and often, while others are offended (or turned on) at the touch of cold flesh, especially the dead kind. So yeah, it makes perfect sense to find one at a loss (or a win) as to what is deemed the norm these days in anime fetishes and to think there are worse things not yet revealed except for in some dark fetish anime corner...interesting. wink.gif
I like my hero's honesty...a zombie girlfriend would not do him justice though since he is just too adorable and needs a really live woman's touch. That neko, Babu, looks cute even already set a'la rigor mortis...but he's awaken! That is gonna be interesting. tongue.gif

Life is grand with a glass in hand~~~ user posted image
user posted image
*~MAL~*

user posted image 2008 FTV Awards

Episode 3
Sankarea @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Apr 19 2012, 12:45 PM

KenXstreme   Apr 19 2012, 11:14 PM Quote
("Nemingway")
I think it was said on the second episode. At one moment, Rea-chan says that "her mother maybe knew from the beginning what her father was doing". So maybe the mother knows that her husband is a big and dangerous pedo and then she's just getting jealous to Rea-chan...

Obvious Spoilers (from the manga)

Rea's father is his true and biological father though her "mother" is not

The reason why Rea's father is such a pedo is because Rea's true mother looks exactly like her but she died because of her frail body.

The father became a good guy later on

The Foster Mother became a comic relief though she still hates Rea

ImTakes ~Springtime~hime~   Sempais Apr 19 2012, 11:18 PM Quote
QUOTE (KenXstreme @ Apr 19 2012, 10:14 PM)

Obvious Spoilers (from the manga)

Rea's father is his true and biological father though her "mother" is not

The reason why Rea's father is such a pedo is because Rea's true mother looks exactly like her but she died because of her frail body.

The father became a good guy later on

The Foster Mother became a comic relief though she still hates Rea

Wow...glad to know all of what you have posted...nothing spoiled for me despite reading it. All I will say is that I had a hunch there was a reason behind her dad's strange behavior and now, thanks to you, I understand why. Now, on to watch episode three. wink.gif

NecroRyu-san   Apr 20 2012, 09:12 AM Quote
QUOTE (nijlandp @ Apr 14 2012, 11:50 AM)
This episode really gave a feeling of how troubled Sanka is and why she even would consider dying.
I hope the next episode is just as good as this one.
PS: Wanko seems to be a danger in a different way biggrin.gif .

Rea is seriously opressed by her family and the words "so I'm not even allowed to die" say it all in ep.3 -.- in the beginning I wasn't sure which of her parents is worse, one apparenting to be a "good dad" with a creepy smile or her mother who openly hates her (at least she's right calling him hypocrite) but is clear his father is all f-up after the investigation on Furuya and ordering to castrate him O.O ...to neutralize the morbid stuff I can understand why there is more comedy and fanservice in this one with pantsu and cleavage closeups (not only Babu but even him and Ranko possess great balance walking over stretch walls xD), will be priceless to see his killer daddy broken inside with guilt and Furuya's wish come true having the zombie girlfriend of his dreams since next episode wink.gif

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Apr 23 2012, 12:05 PM Quote
After ep 2 I really wish Reas dad to die even more. Her dying will be the shock of his life and he deserves it. I hope he becomes a vegetable.

Im just as surprised as Furuya that Rea wasnt scared of the horror movie. Thats defenitely not archetype and I like it ^^

So Babu comes back and on top of it he can fly. I wonder if Rea will get that ability too.

Kid-Wolf~The Night Sparrow's Assistant~   Fansub TV Team Apr 23 2012, 01:05 PM Quote
I think Babu hadf the ability to jump really really high in which he was probablly rather nimble at the time.

Although now we get to see Sanka as an undead girl now. Also, top it all off she even remember the promise Furuya she gave him if she managed to be resurected by him.

Although the up side is she's back, but the down side is she's now in a zombie-like state here. blink.gif

Well as long as she's not the ravenous zombie type that create more zombies from bitting/killing humans then there might not be much to worry about here. tongue.gif

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 4  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll