Recommendations

Discuss

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OF THE DEAD, Second season of zombies folks :p

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3 
NecroRyu-san   Apr 04 2012, 10:59 PM Quote
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OF THE DEAD - Is This a Zecond Zeason? Jigokuhen
user posted image user posted image
Title: Is this a Zombie? OF THE DEAD
Japanese: これはゾンビですか? OF THE DEAD (オブザデッド)
Date Aired: 4/04/2012 (10 eps. TV series +1 OVA)
Genres: Fantasy, Romantic comedy, Magical girl, Harem
Director: Takaomi Kanasaki
Producers: Satoshi Fujita, Seiichi Hachiya, Seiichi Kawashima, Tomoki Numata
Written by: Makoto Uezu
Music by: Shinji Kakijima
Studio: Studio Deen
Network: Tokyo MX, TVQ, Sun TV, Gifu Broadcasting System, Inc., Mie TV, BS11, Chiba TV, TV Kanagawa, TV Saitama, AT-X
Main Cast: Ayumu Aikawa (相川 歩) Voiced by: Junji Majima
Haruna (ハルナ) Voiced by: Iori Nomizu
Eucliwood Hellscythe (ユークリウッド・ヘルサイズ) Mainly voiced by: Kikuko Inoue*
*Necronote: in Ayumu's daydream Eu's voiced by a different seiyuu each episode ^^
Seraphim (セラフィム) Voiced by: Yōko Hikasa
Ariel (アリエル) / Dai-sensei (大先生, lit. "Great Teacher") Voiced by: Ai Shimizu
Mael Strom (メイル・シュトローム) / Yuki Yoshida (吉田 友紀) Voiced by: Hisako Kanemoto
Sarasvati (サラスバティ) / Kirara Hoshikawa (星川 輝羅々) Voiced by: Aya Gōda
Kyoko (京子) Voiced by: Noriko Shitaya
Chris (クリス) / Takeshi Kurusu (栗須 猛) Voiced by: Hitomi Nabatame
Orito (織戸) Voiced by: Hiroyuki Yoshino
TV series PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWmGwN2H5V0

Necropsis: I was looking in other sites for the synopsis of this sequel but I only found the same from season 1 so I'll give my own based from what I watched about its first episode subbed: "Kore was Zombie desu ka OF THE DEAD (based from the light novel's Jigokuhen arc) takes off where the first season events left after Eucliwood Hellscythe vanquishes the King of the Night, days later at school Ayumu asks himself again -Why did you choose me Gaia?- while shriveling and meets a mysterious girl in white outfit named Chris (who had a cameo the previous season)... at home he asks Haruna and Seraphim about her but they tell him he's hallucinating by stress believing she's a fairy, he goes back to the nurse office finding the squid megalo Icarus instead and transforms himself into a Masou Shoujo in front of all his classmates to defeat it but he's unable to erase their memories while spreading their pics on internet as the magical chainsaw Mystletainn was broken after the fight."

Necropinion:: with the dejįvu first ep. I'm glad to see again this supernatural H harem full of good humor but dunno why I had the bad habit to find similarities from Nise/Bakemonogatari characters and their development on KwZdK with certain differences like in this one has more action with less dialogues or monologues, that the male undead protagonist Ayumu fights back a lot more than simply being Araragibeaten in most fights and in their diverse metaharems the girls are mostly tsundere than in the monogatari series that they have more variated personalities... thinking about it I'm afraid S2 may fall focusing more in ecchi and comedy than main plot just like Nisemonogatari (and many other sequels) did but I wish that'll be not the case in the next episodes so with low expectation I'll give with 6/10 just like the S1 OVA dry.gif

MOD Note: Topic split since I thought new season, new thread folks. wink.gif

Oh and the first season discussion is in this thread folks. tongue.gif

http://boards.fansub.tv/?showtopic=10142&st=0

This post has been edited by Kid-Wolf on Apr 06 2012, 11:12 PM

April's F/Z - smoking can kill you... literally *Gil & Kirei: o_o*
user posted imageuser posted image
Scores of the Latest top 10 Anime TV Series / OVA Series:
1. Fate Zero S2 - 10/10 (airing, S1 9/10 & Specials 8/10)
2. Zetman - 9/10 (airing, VG Ai 7/10, DNA2 6/10, I's 8/10)
3. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - 9/10 (Ano Hana 10/10)
4. SankaRea - 8/10 (airing)
5. Uchuu Kyoudai aka Space Brothers - 8/10 (airing)
6. Eureka Seven AO - 7/10 (PoPE7 series 9/10, movie 7/10)
7. Leiji Matsumoto's Ozma - 7/10 (airing, Interstella 8/10)
8. Kore wa Zombie desu ka of the dead - 6/10 (ar, S1 7/10)
9. Lupin III: MFtIO - 6/10 (ar, all 70's 5/10, movies 7/10)
10.Nazo no kanojo X - 6/10 (ar, Denpa teki na kanojo 8/10)

Episode 1
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Apr 05 2012, 06:29 PM

senpai-kun-nakama   Fansub TV Team Apr 06 2012, 09:34 PM Quote
When I was watching season one I kept wondering what would happen if Ayumu did his "disgusting" lol maso shougo transformation in front of everyone at school but couldn't erase their memories afterwards. So right off the bat during episode one of the new season that question was answered. It was funny because during the middle of the episode you could see some foreshadowing that the climax of the episode was going in that direction. His classmates even brought a newspaper or ummm magazine picture of a cross-dressing pervert dressed in his maso shoujo attire that someone had snapped a shot of that looked suspiciously like him. Then during the last scene when he transformed in front of everyone thinking he could erase their memories afterwards so much hilarity ensued. From the cell phone picture taking, to the shocked looks of disgust, and finally being exposed as a cross-dresser pervert it was well worth the wait to see. I'm not sure how great the plot will be this season either but I'm going to be all in if the comedic value can remain reasonable high.

This post has been edited by senpai-kun on Apr 06 2012, 09:37 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Kid-Wolf~The Night Sparrow's Assistant~   Fansub TV Team Apr 07 2012, 09:33 AM Quote
Okay now after watching episode 1 of this season I have to say for him to pull off the high 1000% girly tansformation attack pretty much was going to set the pace as to how bad Aikawa-kun's luck is for sure now. Not only that but it seems that he got the attention of a very dangerous girl even more so here then he did in the last season. tongue.gif

In any case this was kind of a nice and quick way to re-introduce the main cast again which was nice is it's been quite sometime since the first season came out. Although I do enjoy his fantasies over how Yuu would sound like if she spoke to him, and not only that but to do what they did at the end of the ED was kind of cute as well. tongue.gif

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

Nemingway-Oshiri Master   Sempais Apr 08 2012, 05:46 PM Quote
Let me begin with this : THE MAGICAL BOY IS BACK ! The whole episode was too funny ! The part with the fairy girl. We still don't know if she's just an imaginary friend or a magical entity but she's so cute and funny xD The whole thing with him not supporting the sun's light is great too xD

This first episode really installed the pace of this second season. But now I hope they will try to innovate and not use the same jokes.

2D Art of Death : Fist of the fact that even if a girl is really clumsy, she can still be damn cute !

(Sorry if I have a bad English)

Kid-Wolf~The Night Sparrow's Assistant~   Fansub TV Team Apr 08 2012, 06:59 PM Quote
Pretty much from the looks of things Ayumu's going to have a tough time living down how he has the ability to turn into a Masou Shoujo with eveyone in school remembering it. Top it all off the event after lossing his transformation was even worse for him.

Although it looks like that one girl from last season now has her reap eyes set on him once more though. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

user posted image
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime

JunMisugi - Soldier B   Fansub TV Team Apr 08 2012, 08:09 PM Quote
Omg omg I just started to watch it and just a few days after a second season started to run XDDDDD I only say scooooooooooore biggrin.gif ! Too bad this season only has about 11 epsiodes...but it's still bettetr than nothing and for me it's still full 17 episode with Eu-chan's moeness to go cool.gif

This post has been edited by JunMisugi on Apr 08 2012, 08:10 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
"All guys are weak against maids, nekomimis and lolis.
That's the absolute truth of the universe."

Nemingway-Oshiri Master   Sempais Apr 09 2012, 10:45 AM Quote
QUOTE ("Jun-tan)
for me it's still full 17 episode with Eu-chan's moeness to go

That reason is sufficient to watch the second second season xD I missed all the fantasy Ayumu has when imagining Eu-chan talking XDDD

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Apr 09 2012, 01:16 PM Quote
This is really a good continuation of last season. It all starts with a strong remark: strays get attached to people who feed them..and Haruna shows up laugh.gif That really set the tone for this episode. To introduce these new girls who seem to be interested in Ayumu may be a good call. Hopefully we can get some nice new jokes surrounding them. Also a bit more of Haruna's so-called geniousness may be nice.

warchico-san   Apr 10 2012, 12:18 PM Quote
Did anybody notice "Kikuko Inoue as Delusion Yū (ep 1)"
I Missed that they had different voice actresses doing the Delusion Yū part in each episode last season

This post has been edited by warchico on Apr 10 2012, 12:19 PM

Kid-Wolf~The Night Sparrow's Assistant~   Fansub TV Team Apr 10 2012, 01:19 PM Quote
I was suppirsed to see them pull over Imouto Yuu and paired her up with straight faced Yuu. Although for some reason I want to say that it works soo well here. tongue.gif

AccipiterF1-sama   Fansub TV Team Apr 10 2012, 08:13 PM Quote
I always find myself completely baffled when a show I dropped gets a second season. It's like the world doesn't agree with my opinions or something.

Anyway, just felt like saying that. I now return you to your normal thread, which is already in progress...

user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"I have been blogging!" - The Monarch
From the Venture Bros. episode: Victor. Echo. November.
user posted image user posted image

NecroRyu-san   Apr 10 2012, 10:58 PM Quote
QUOTE (warchico @ Apr 10 2012, 01:18 PM)
Did anybody notice "Kikuko Inoue as Delusion Yū (ep 1)"
I Missed  that they had different voice actresses doing the Delusion Yū part in each episode last season

yup I noticed too and since Eu/Yuu spoke in the last episodes of S1 I wonder that guest seiyuus probably wouldn't voice her in Ayumu's delusions anymore, now he knows how she really sounds like but we could be surprised in the next eps if he wants to imagine her speaking with other cute voice-overs again ^^ ...now that I think about it we can't really tell yet if the first episode of this S2 was simply a re-introduction to the cast with the usual gags of S1 and then go forward with more new comedy and characters so we'll see after ep.2 tomorrow, hopefully this season brings a better climax and final ep to end the series properly in case there aren't more new seasons unsure.gif

Episode 2
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Apr 12 2012, 05:03 PM

Kid-Wolf~The Night Sparrow's Assistant~   Fansub TV Team Apr 12 2012, 08:50 PM Quote
Well with episode 2 I have to say that I was kind of supprised with how everyone thought Ayumu was rather popular for doing that at school. Not only that but to think that Orito was acting like what a normal human being would do if it was something that outlandish.

For some reason I want to say that he now has much more problems since he now has a pervy vampire stalkergirl that confessed to him now, and to top it all off his reputation is kind of dropping by the minute. tongue.gif

In any case the up side here is at least he managed to get away from all of that, but all he can do anymore is to enjoy the brief respite he can get since he'll never have his ordinary zombie days to look forward to anymore.

Although in the preview I'm supprised as to how the delusional Yuu conversation was kind of interesting this time around. Not only that but it looks like they may try to get him to wear her outfit again.

Although this thought occoured to me and that's for some reason he strongly resemble K-1 from Higurashi if he was turned into a zombie, and it was during the "happy fun school time moments" with a slight twist of course. tongue.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

senpai-kun-nakama   Fansub TV Team Apr 13 2012, 11:18 PM Quote
I couldn't believe it either that after the whole masou shoujo exposure scene Ayumu has become a local celebrity blink.gif but I guess you just never know what to expect from this series. The scene at the end of the episode was really funny between Ayumu and Orito. It was like watching a couple break up but instead it was two best buddies. It made me wonder had anything that dramatic happened to me & one of my male friends but I couldn't ever recall that happening -- thank goodness xD.

Ya know the humor of this anime constantly reminds me of Sora no Otoshimono and I started to wonder which one of those two series do I like better. Ultimately I didn't come to a conclusion; I'll let the rest of this season play out to be fair. Shockingly enough we only have just eight episodes left (the rare ten episode season at play here). It also occurred to me while watching this episode that Seraphim is one of the most foul-mouthed anime girls you'll every come across and with her nice & sizable bust that's one lethal combination!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Nemingway-Oshiri Master   Sempais Apr 14 2012, 11:29 AM Quote
Poor Ayumu... He's quiet everyday's life has come to an end... Now he's an idol xD This is kinda "WTF" but it's funnier that way than having everyone hating him for that. The whole "idol setup" was handled very well like in the beginning when he enters his classroom or in the end when he was signing some autographs.

I completely forgot how cute Yuki was xD She was really awesome in that episode trying to call Ayumu by his first name while blushing ! She may be a good girlfriend for Ayumu =p But I think the funniest moment is when his stalker gives him an original love letter xD I was kinda shocked like Ayumu when I saw what the girl wrote xDD

A good episode in the end.

2D Art of Death : Fist of the fact that even if a girl is really clumsy, she can still be damn cute !

(Sorry if I have a bad English)

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Apr 16 2012, 11:08 AM Quote
Ep 1 was really good. The comedy was right on and it had enough Seraphim, Sarasvati and Kanami. That the OP and ED indicates more Sarasvati is a good thing too ^^ I could live with just those three characters and Ayumu. And a little bit of Yuu every now and then. And maybe a bit of Haruna and Taeko. Ok ok just leave the cast as it is, just give Seraphim, Sarasvati and Kanami more screentime and everythings better.

I dont know why but that "Fairy" totally reminds me of Harunas teacher. Both are older than they look but flat. I dont know but it seems that every Masou Shoujo needs to be flat in that world. So its strangely logical that a guy can be one right?

The whole time when they talked about the memory erasing I thought myself "So what if he can do that? The internet doesnt forget". In our world with Twitter, Facebook , Smartphones and that other stuff it doesnt matter if the people around you remember it, the inernet makes them remember again and again.

Btw, did I see it right that that totally f***ed up girl who was the semi-last antagonist is back again? The OP indicates so and its not something I can really look forward to.

This post has been edited by Killer_Ossi on Apr 16 2012, 11:09 AM

Done with moving, now trying to catch up.

My Animelist

Top 5 of currently airing TV-series:(01.04.12)
Waiting for new season to roll in and time to actually watch it ^^

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Apr 16 2012, 12:15 PM Quote
QUOTE (Nemingway @ Apr 14 2012, 06:29 PM)
Poor Ayumu... He's quiet everyday's life has come to an end... Now he's an idol xD This is kinda "WTF" but it's funnier that way than having everyone hating him for that. The whole "idol setup" was handled very well like in the beginning when he enters his classroom or in the end when he was signing some autographs.

I completely forgot how cute Yuki was xD She was really awesome in that episode trying to call Ayumu by his first name while blushing ! She may be a good girlfriend for Ayumu =p But I think the funniest moment is when his stalker gives him an original love letter xD I was kinda shocked like Ayumu when I saw what the girl wrote xDD

A good episode in the end.

I agree. He's got a lot more female admirers. However he lost a friend...or so it seems. Yuki was very good this time. Even if she has her own reasons for taking him on a trip she also does it because she cares.
The stalker in combination with that girl from season one which Killer_Ossi mentions it is bound to give trouble.

Episode 3
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Apr 19 2012, 05:19 AM

NecroRyu-san   Apr 19 2012, 11:30 AM Quote
ugh ep.3 wasn't as good as the previous two eps with all the curse dance and a concert lasting for a few minutes unlike ep.12 from season one but was funny how Seraphim kept looking at break-dancer Ayumu's butt just like Sarasvati does xD
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Apr 16 2012, 12:08 PM)
The whole time when they talked about the memory erasing I thought myself "So what if he can do that? The internet doesnt forget". In our world with Twitter, Facebook , Smartphones and that other stuff it doesnt matter if the people around you remember it, the inernet makes them remember again and again.

thinking about it in the start of the first series he successfully kept secret his embarrasing identity from most witnesses at school, back then his classmates were taking pics then saving or uploading them (just like this S2) and somehow he managed not only to magically erase their memories but also any file revealing his transformation in internet so we can expect the same happening again in later eps until the saw is really fixed ¬¬
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Apr 16 2012, 12:08 PM)
I dont know why but that "Fairy" totally reminds me of Harunas teacher. Both are older than they look but flat. I dont know but it seems that every Masou Shoujo needs to be flat in that world. So its strangely logical that a guy can be one right?

hmm not every Masou Shoujo is flat (and probably viceversa with the clan of voluptuous vampire ninjas) as one of the rare exceptions, if not the only is that psycho girl Kyoko coming back to wreck havok as seen in the opening... I didn't like much her arc last year so we'll see if this time gets better, explaining what happened to her after she disappeared in the middle of S1 unsure.gif

This post has been edited by NecroRyu on Apr 19 2012, 06:22 PM

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Apr 19 2012, 02:22 PM Quote
QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Apr 19 2012, 06:30 PM)
ugh ep.3 wasn't as good as the previous two eps with all the curse dance and a concert lasting for a few minutes unlike ep.12 from season one but was funny how Seraphim kept looking at break-dancer Ayumu's butt just like Sarasvati does xD

I have to agree. Episode 3 was not so good. The dance routing from Haruna and Yuki was nice for a little while but it got boring soon. The writers could have used it better i think. For example why did they not use it to get Yuki and Ayumu a bit closer like in the last episode. Or even Ayumu and Haruna just to go crazy. The other good parts were Fairy-san and to see Kyoko in chains who seems to be even crazier than before.

Kid-Wolf~The Night Sparrow's Assistant~   Fansub TV Team Apr 19 2012, 05:02 PM Quote
Okay why did I expect them to go full out on doing th eCurse Dance over anything else in this episode. Also, it looks like Mystletainn is going to be out of commission for most fo the series I'll bet.

Although I have to say that I did like the break dancing moment that Ayumu pulled here since I'm sure that's going to be a YouTube video sometime soon I'll bet. tongue.gif

Since this is Studio DEEN here I'd expect this level of it being an epiosde where people complain about it as an average episode. Anything better then that only means that they either got lucky that week or were having a good week doing this episode. rolleyes.gif

Also, stalker girl explainning her love of Ayumu's backside pretty much confused the hell out of Serra here up to the point of were she's trying to understand it. Although I get this feeling fi she goes in to far she might fall for him as well, but that's highly unlikely. tongue.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll