Urabe, Mikoto: Yoshitani, Ayako
Hayakawa, Aika:
Imai, Momoka:

Staff:
Watanabe, Ayumu: Director
Akao, Deko: Script, Series Composition
Yoshitani, Ayako:Theme Song Performance
Konishi, Kenichi: Character Design
Ayumu Watanabe (Doraemon: Nobita no Kyoryu [2006], Doraemon: Nobita to Midori no Kyojin Den) Deko Akao (Arakawa Under the Bridge, Asura Cryin') is supervising the series scripts, and Kenichi Konishi (Bokurano, Tokyo Godfathers) is designing the characters.

Synopsis: Synopsis
One day, a strange transfer student appears before Tsubaki. Urabe Mikoto is an antisocial girl, whose hobby is just sleeping during class-breaks. One day, Tsubaki goes to wake her up and accidentally tastes her drool... And gets hooked on that!
After that, he starts going out with her and gets to know her better. Her second hobby, as it turns out, is carrying around scissors in her panties and cutting paper into flowers...
(Sources: ANN, MAL, MU)

My thoughts:
I know there is a thread for the manga series but could not find a thread for the anime series with the first episode airing tonight...downloading as I type. Anyway, as I am a fan of "mysterious, ecchi, seinen" type animes, I am hoping this one appeals to me. It sounds a tad off and that is what caught my eye. Being a fan of some of the anime production team, well, I will most certainly be checking it out since just by watching the previews, I got an "Electromagnetic Girlfriend" kinda vibe...the animation style is one thing I already like. Witty-san will know of what I speak if he takes a gander. wink.gif
In the meantime...here is a pv of what is to come...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hTFxYUPmUE&feature=related

Ah....one more thing, if by any chance a thread was made and I just did not find it...one of you hard working Mods can just merge this with said thread, if it already exists. wink.gif

This post has been edited by ImTakes on May 02 2012, 12:32 AM

Life is grand with a glass in hand~~~ user posted image
user posted image
*~MAL~*

user posted image 2009 FTV Awards
user posted image 2008 FTV Awards

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Apr 08 2012, 08:57 AM Quote
Whoah, this was nuts. I thought Urabe was the strange one but Tsubaki seems just as crazy with tasting her drool. It was a pretty fun episode to watch with some light humor. Maybe the depth of the story may improve later in the series..that remark about withdrawal symptoms seems pretty strange. What is it with Urabe and her drool? Also i think we didn't see the last of that girl in the photo..she was shown to clearly. Maybe we get a competitor for Tsubaki's affection.
A pretty good first episode with some promising parts. The whackiness sure is a plus for this series laugh.gif

NecroRyu-san   Apr 08 2012, 02:14 PM Quote
QUOTE (nijlandp @ Apr 08 2012, 09:57 AM)
Whoah, this was nuts. I thought Urabe was the strange one but Tsubaki seems just as crazy with tasting her drool. It was a pretty fun episode to watch with some light humor. Maybe the depth of the story may improve later in the series..

this season appears to offer a new kind of weird girls becoming the couple of guys with crazy fetiches since episode 1 (lol at the Star Mars poster and Big O's Dorothy figure), first an undead girlfriend and now a addicting-drool one xD the series seems like the 90's old school style (except for the CGI dreams of course) also Urabe's looks reminds me to yet another nutty girlfriend from Denpa Teki na Kanojo o.O ...by the preview we'll see one of her skills (or rather a hobbie) using scissors from her panties, not sure what to expect with low interest from this very unconventional slice of life but I'm curious enough to watch more ackward situations worth 6/10 blink.gif

This post has been edited by NecroRyu on Apr 08 2012, 02:34 PM

May Waifu's day - Zetman: ava Youko Amagi & sig Akemi Kawakami
user posted imageuser posted image
Scores of the Latest top 10 Anime TV Series / OVA Series:
1. Fate Zero S2 - 10/10 (airing, S1 9/10 & Specials 8/10)
2. SankaRea - 9/10 (airing)
3. Zetman - 9/10 (airing, VG Ai 7/10, DNA2 6/10, I's 8/10)
4. Uchuu Kyoudai aka Space Brothers - 8/10 (airing)
5. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - 8/10 (ar, Ano Hana 10/10)
6. Lupin III: MFtIO - 7/10 (ar, all 70's 5/10, movies 7/10)
7. Eureka Seven AO - 7/10 (airin', PoPE7 9/10, movie 7/10)
8. Kore wa Zombie desu ka of the dead - 6/10 (ar, S1 7/10)
9. Nazo no kanojo X - 6/10 (ar, Denpa teki na kanojo 8/10)
10.Leiji Matsumoto's Ozma - 5/10 (Interstella 5555 8/10)

senpai-kun-nakama   Fansub TV Team Apr 08 2012, 08:29 PM Quote
QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 08 2012, 01:58 AM)
I got an "Electromagnetic Girlfriend" kinda vibe...the animation style is one thing I already like. Witty-san will know of what I speak if he takes a gander. wink.gif

Ah yeah I know the kinda style you like but this one isn't really that far out (maybe a little dated looking for some) there in that regard so I think others shouldn't have too many complaints about it. You know I really am not for sure how I feel about this anime after watching the first episode. On one hand the main characters Urabe and Tsubaki seemed like an interesting X solid pairing. I stared in amazement (like the rest of the students in the class) as Urabe literally dropped to the floor, started rolling around, and laughed hysterically. huh.gif It was quite a shocking WTF moment that you don't see very often in an anime; I felt the need to say kudos afterwards.

Buuuuuuut then shortly after THE SCENE happened and well there is no need to even explain or describe what I'm referring to because it should be self-explanatory with just those two words. Ya know on one hand someone might say what's the big deal because it could be considered almost the same thing as an indirect kiss. Even somewhat understanding that logic I was still grossed out beyond belief. I felt a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach and I wondered if it becomes a regular occurrence can I just simply learn to overlook it. Hmm right now I really don't know... maybe I'm just overacting and being too sensitive to it... I'll continue to watch the show for now and just pretend I don't really see it if it happens again unsure.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

ImTakes ~Springtime~hime~   Sempais Apr 08 2012, 08:36 PM Quote
QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Apr 08 2012, 07:29 PM)
Ah yeah I know the kinda style you like but this one isn't really that far out (maybe a little dated looking for some) there in that regard so I think others shouldn't have too many complaints about it. You know I really am not for sure how I feel about this anime after watching the first episode.
Buuuuuuut then shortly after THE SCENE happened and well there is no need to even explain or describe what I'm referring to because it should be self-explanatory with just those two words. Ya know on one hand someone might say what's the big deal because it could be considered almost the same thing as an indirect kiss. Even somewhat understanding that logic I was still grossed out beyond belief. I felt a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach and I wondered if it becomes a regular occurrence can I just simply learn to overlook it. Hmm right now I really don't know... maybe I'm just overacting and being too sensitive to it... I'll continue to watch the show for now and just pretend I don't really see it if it happens again unsure.gif

Ossan....me, your Yaya, being in the healthcare field, has an advantage over you, a lad, with a queasy and delicate constitution. wink.gif That being said, the MOMENT came and went without me so much as batting an eyelash. I have seen worst in some, erm, animes that shall remain unnamed. But I still like it despite that most uneasy of "major contact" scenes. tongue.gif An off the wall type of romance that one does not see everyday...the best kind in my opinion since I abhor the re-hashed run-of-the-mill types many who watch anime these days fall for. Moe blobs and bipolar type lolis thank goodness, WE WON"T FIND HERE! laugh.gif Keep watching as it only gets better and blow your mind away...after this, an unconventional romance will seem rather tame. tongue.gif

user posted image
*~MAL~*

Nioki-dono   Apr 08 2012, 09:10 PM Quote
Have to agree with Yaya-san on this: after the end of the episode, I was left not with disgust or anything similar to that, but something closer to interest as to what will happen next, how their relationship will change, and what other original things will happen. As for THE SCENES, for me they where more like " WTF? Seriously? lol" than anything else. Plus, like you said there senpai-senpai, they can be considered to be an indirect kiss sort of thing, but first you have to remember that, most young boys who have just started to take notice of the opposite sex would probably be interested in everything about the unknown female, even the taste of their drool. In a way a clothes smelling fetish also comes from that. I also believe that the "young boys who have just started to take notice of the opposite sex" setting was kinda stated right at the beginning of the episode.

P.S. (A bit off-topic) Is the Denpa-kanojo you guys are talking about an interesting\quality watch?

This post has been edited by Nioki on Apr 08 2012, 09:12 PM

user posted image

user posted image
Oh I wonder what my sig is gonna be soon user posted image

ImTakes ~Springtime~hime~   Sempais Apr 08 2012, 09:17 PM Quote
QUOTE (Nioki @ Apr 08 2012, 08:10 PM)
Have to agree with Yaya-san on this: after the end of the episode, I was left not with disgust or anything similar to that, but something closer to interest as to what will happen next, how their relationship will change, and what other original things will happen. As for THE SCENES, for me they where more like " WTF? Seriously? lol" than anything else. Plus, like you said there senpai-senpai, they can be considered to be an indirect kiss sort of thing, but first you have to remember that, most young boys who have just started to take notice of the opposite sex would probably be interested in everything about the unknown female, even the taste of their drool. In a way a clothes smelling fetish also comes from that. I also believe that the "young boys who have just started to take notice of the opposite sex" setting was kinda stated right at the beginning of the episode.

P.S. (A bit off-topic) Is the Denpa-kanojo you guys are talking about an interesting\quality watch?

Nioki-san! BB_SAN....you will love it! Off topic...let me send you a pm. This one gave me the nice memories of one of my all time favorite set of OVAS...that of Electromagnetic Girlfriend...not quite as heavy but creepy yes, you will see. wink.gif
I do agree that most young boys curious in the ways of what women are, how they move, look, smell, feel....remember his dream at the start of the series? An erotic type dream with loaded symbols representing a sensual type of woman and sex and the curiosity that was awakened in our hero as a result. wink.gif I am not at all surprised at his "intent" as a result of said dream.

user posted image
*~MAL~*

senpai-kun-nakama   Fansub TV Team Apr 08 2012, 09:30 PM Quote
I mean overall Yaya and Nioki I'm fully aware that you're most likely right about it not being a big deal. I'm errr like mi amiga so elegantly put it a lad with a queasy and delicate constitution dry.gif haha I owe you one for that one you bakayaro konoyaro tongue.gif But anyways I can definitely agree with you two when you equate not your typical romance = interesting romance. I too sometimes get tired of the -- same old -- same old -- and when something a little out-of-the-box comes along why not just embrace it? So you can count me in for the full 13 as I work on overcoming my delicate constitution wink.gif

QUOTE (Nioki @ Apr 08 2012, 10:10 PM)

Now this is a good quality 2-episode OVA series; you won't come away disappointed if you invest the time to watch it. Yaya is the one who recommended this one to me and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I definitely needed more than two episodes of Ame; she had the potential to be a memorable anime character if given a full-length series.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

wceend-Spama Sosei   Sempais Apr 11 2012, 05:01 PM Quote
QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 08 2012, 07:58 AM)
One day, Tsubaki goes to wake her up and accidentally tastes her drool... And gets hooked on that!

wut.

Nemingway-Oshiri Master   Sempais Apr 11 2012, 06:31 PM Quote
Before watching this I saw an article about that on Sankaku Complex and I was like "wait...what ?" and then I abandoned the idea to try this. But then a friend convinced me to watch this at least once to have my own idea of this really strange anime...

Verdict ? I dropped this halfway xD I mean seriously ? A boy tastes the drool of an unknown girl and then he's sick xD ? And then he has to lick that same drool again to feel better oO ? What...The...Hell ? This is way too strange and weird for me so I will not watch this at all.

2D Art of Death : Fist of the fact that when you realize that you're not "normal" anymore, only 2D girls can save you !

(Sorry if I have a bad English)

Nioki-dono   Apr 11 2012, 11:48 PM Quote
QUOTE (Nemingway @ Apr 12 2012, 03:31 AM)
Before watching this I saw an article about that on Sankaku Complex and I was like "wait...what ?" and then I abandoned the idea to try this. But then a friend convinced me to watch this at least once to have my own idea of this really strange anime...

Verdict ? I dropped this halfway xD I mean seriously ? A boy tastes the drool of an unknown girl and then he's sick xD ? And then he has to lick that same drool again to feel better oO ? What...The...Hell ? This is way too strange and weird for me so I will not watch this at all.

Isn't it? biggrin.gif But hey, it makes this just that much more interesting tongue.gif

julezia-chibi   Fansub TV Team Apr 13 2012, 09:18 AM Quote
QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Apr 08 2012, 09:29 PM)

I felt sick to the pit of my stomach too, I was wondering if it was just me... am I overly sensitive and squeamish?! unsure.gif
However, I did like the retro style character designs and the weird dream sequences. But, I'm just not sure I can get past the drool scenes... either I get desensitized to it from frequent exposure (I assume we will see a lot of it in this anime) or pass this one up. Not sure yet which option I'll go for tongue.gif

user posted image
Top Favourites
1. Nisemonogatari
2. Chihayafuru
3. Another
4. Aquarion Evol
5. Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

My Anime List

senpai-kun-nakama   Fansub TV Team Apr 13 2012, 09:38 AM Quote
QUOTE (julezia @ Apr 13 2012, 10:18 AM)
I felt sick to the pit of my stomach too, I was wondering if it was just me... am I overly sensitive and squeamish?!  unsure.gif
However, I did like the retro style character designs and the weird dream sequences. But, I'm just not sure I can get past the drool scenes... either I get desensitized to it from frequent exposure (I assume we will see a lot of it in this anime) or pass this one up. Not sure yet which option I'll go for tongue.gif

Welcome to the delicate constitution club julezia (hehe) *high fives* wink.gif The other day I was thinking why it originally bothered me so much and I came to the conclusion that I'm an over sanitizer or umm somewhat (not totally)... just a bit... of a neat freak. Because anytime I'm eating something I can't just leave it sitting there when I'm finished it must be thrown away in a quick and timely fashion or you would never see an article of clothing touch my bedroom floor let alone stay there for any extended period of time. So now thinking about it I'm not that surprised that the whole licking drool thing was somewhat jarring for me. But like I said before I'm still going to try and fight through that because I want to see where the story is going. I'm intrigued yet still on high level gag alert -- code red! ohmy.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Episode 2
Nazo no Kanojo X @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Apr 14 2012, 03:04 PM

ImTakes ~Springtime~hime~   Sempais Apr 14 2012, 08:25 PM Quote
QUOTE (Nioki @ Apr 11 2012, 10:48 PM)
Isn't it?  biggrin.gif But hey, it makes this just that much more interesting tongue.gif

Sure as hell does...plus, they are likable characters. Mysterious drool number two is out. Looking forward to watching it! wink.gif

ImTakes ~Springtime~hime~   Sempais Apr 15 2012, 01:16 AM Quote
Boy...oh boy...what an episode this was. Absolutely loved it! The boys were just too cute in checking out the girls while Tsubaki-kun won admiration points (from me) for wanting to win over Urabe-chan, mysterious drool aside. All the questions he asked in earnest and in love...too funny while Urabe-chan herself, is infatuated and fighting it to stay in control. The mysterious panties/scissors scenes were too fast and yet interesting and yet, somewhat annoying since was not fully explained as she keeps it all under wraps. Where did she learn those moves and why? How did she master those scissors and for what? Why freak out when Tsubaki-kun went to hug her? I hope she will explain more as the anime goes along.
It just keeps getting more interesting despite the poo-poo critics...I am enjoying the outcome so far, going into episode two. wink.gif

user posted image
*~MAL~*

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Apr 15 2012, 04:48 AM Quote
Episode 2 was fun. Tsubaki seems to be at a loss about how to act with Urabe. She ain't exactly normal and reacts like she can't stand to be touched. Her sudden reaction to tasting his drool to get to see his dream looks important. How can she see his dream? blink.gif . Is this some effect she has when getting personal?
Does this effect always occur to her? That would mean that every time she touches someone she can feel things? It is a possible explanation to why she avoids contact..Her reactions with the scissors also can be explained that way as a sort of self defence to prevent touching. It sure made me curious.

NecroRyu-san   Apr 15 2012, 05:57 AM Quote
QUOTE (nijlandp @ Apr 15 2012, 05:48 AM)
How can she see his dream? blink.gif . Is this some effect she has when getting personal?
Does this effect always occur to her? That would mean that every time she touches someone she can feel things? It is a possible explanation to why she avoids contact..Her reactions with the scissors also can be explained that way as a sort of self defence to prevent touching. It sure made me curious.

I hate the possibility that this series ends leaving all those questions unanswered, I like the mystery about all the weirdness happening between Urabe and Tsubaki but it better doesn't turn out like Higurashi where we have to wait a second season for explanations (also most of Umineko was left unsolved)... maybe you already noticed each episode is titled *mysterious* something so I guess that's the premise to leave us wondering like "WTH was that, is she an esper or is she really that persuasive?" but if you think about it that's probably part of the comedy to never explain us with details indirectly telling us to enjoy the show without taking it that seriously and not spoil the fun (by example how can she cut stuff with scissors that quickly and accurately? I mean come on) laugh.gif

May Waifu's day - Zetman: ava Youko Amagi & sig Akemi Kawakami
user posted imageuser posted image
Scores of the Latest top 10 Anime TV Series / OVA Series:
1. Fate Zero S2 - 10/10 (airing, S1 9/10 & Specials 8/10)
2. SankaRea - 9/10 (airing)
3. Zetman - 9/10 (airing, VG Ai 7/10, DNA2 6/10, I's 8/10)
4. Uchuu Kyoudai aka Space Brothers - 8/10 (airing)
5. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - 8/10 (ar, Ano Hana 10/10)
6. Lupin III: MFtIO - 7/10 (ar, all 70's 5/10, movies 7/10)
7. Eureka Seven AO - 7/10 (airin', PoPE7 9/10, movie 7/10)
8. Kore wa Zombie desu ka of the dead - 6/10 (ar, S1 7/10)
9. Nazo no kanojo X - 6/10 (ar, Denpa teki na kanojo 8/10)
10.Leiji Matsumoto's Ozma - 5/10 (Interstella 5555 8/10)

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Apr 18 2012, 07:16 AM Quote
Just watched ep 1 and didnt really like it. It reminded me of Seikon no Qwaser but in a bad way (and that means something right?). This whole saliva stuff is just too sick, in a bad way. Normally I dont mind such but here it rubs me the wrong way, dont ask me why.
Animation style isnt mine either what could be the reason why I didnt like the saliva here. It just looks so much like sperm does in some hentais that I get a bad feeling when seeing it. The puking scene wasnt really helpful either.
Tsubaki and Urabe didnt really do anything for me either. Tsubaki is just some guy and Urabe is just weird in a bad way.

Overall I dont think I will watch more of this.

Yes more Denpa teki na Kanojo would be great.

Done with moving, now trying to catch up.

My Animelist

Top 5 of currently airing TV-series:(01.04.12)
Waiting for new season to roll in and time to actually watch it ^^

Episode 3
Nazo no Kanojo X @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Apr 21 2012, 08:08 PM

ImTakes ~Springtime~hime~   Sempais Apr 21 2012, 11:57 PM Quote
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Apr 18 2012, 06:16 AM)
Yes more Denpa teki na Kanojo would be great.

^ Agree...and if it be only the last novel animated, well, I would be happy. wink.gif
Now then, things are heating up despite Urabe-chan's weirdness and Tsubaki's frustrations...heck, he's a young boy in love, who can blame him? But at least they may get somewhere aside from just the birds and the bees...that's what I am cheering them on for. Now, despite my enjoying the overall story, I still find the drool mysterious and a tad gross but heck, if they start french kissing, won't really matter will it? tongue.gif
A fly's in the ointment now...goes by the name of Ogata-kun. laugh.gif Maybe...

user posted image
*~MAL~*

KenXstreme-chi   Apr 22 2012, 10:01 AM Quote
Ok ok ok..It seems that almost all the series I like is hated by everyone but trust me on this guys, It may seem like gross first but you'll see guys..you'll see

Big big spoiler
One of the arcs in this series involves a Pop Star idol that looks exactly like Urabe (the only difference is Urabe has bigger breast and the Idol's ability is supreme high kick power unlike Urabe who has a godly cutting skills)

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 4  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll