The Gallery
Tutorials

File Problems
Website/Forum
Episode Playback
Miscellaneous

General Anime Discussion, recent line-up anime posts will be moved

Pages: (88) « First ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 
franzoir -the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd   Sempais May 28 2012, 06:04 AM Quote
Without trying to sound like a hipster, I think anime is losing its identity to the mainstream. I would hate to see anime in the future just reduced to an aesthetic art style and it is already being done in some quarters.

I think I'm in the minority in this thought, but I have always been more interested in japanese brand of storytelling with the animation coming second only to accentuate the plot.

Regardless, I hope Madhouse survives but I also hope Japanese games and anime see a renaissance like Disney.

user posted image

Summertime has come and gone...all used up with wishful thinking

ImTakes-sama   Retired May 28 2012, 10:02 AM Quote
Madhouse is filing for bankruptcy apparently. Killed by moeshit. They blame moeshit. I do too. I remember saying at some point that moeshit and fan-pandering are cancer.

A sad reality when all they feed the anime fans panty shots and boobs. I have been a fan of MADHOUSE since like forever. I love their stuff...(90% of it anyway). Lots of otaku folks can't handle unique animation styles as they are accustomed to the re-hashed/regurgitated lolis and silly immature moe blobs and those very fans seem to not think for themselves... tongue.gif MADHOUSE provided substance and action and adventure and fun and great characters and lots of thinking moments...I am going to miss them if this story be true.
I think anime is losing its identity to the mainstream. I would hate to see anime in the future just reduced to an aesthetic art style and it is already being done in some quarters. I have always been more interested in japanese brand of storytelling with the animation coming second only to accentuate the plot.

Same here...if the story ain't of any interest or the characters lackluster and stupid...no matter how pretty it/they may look, it does not suffice. I do indulge in brainless cutesy stuff every-now-and-again but none of those brainless shows have ever made my top 10 while MADHOUSE has been honored to be honored by me many times.
One MADHOUSE production that I love and recommend it this great little story of my favorite kid down the street...the feisty and rambunctious Ichiro-kun...MADHOUSE did a fine job of it all...memorable characters and story.
Hanada Shounen-shi
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2004/Hanada_Shounen-shi

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team May 28 2012, 02:11 PM Quote
Without trying to sound like a hipster, I think anime is losing its identity to the mainstream. I would hate to see anime in the future just reduced to an aesthetic art style and it is already being done in some quarters.

I don't think it is. It's pretty rare to see mainstream anime these days. It's pretty hard to find good gateway shows among the new stuff, too. Heck, back in the days before the rise of moe, anime was probably more mainstream than now, because otaku fetishes are usually (rightly) shunned in the mainstream, and the amount of series focused this crap seems to be increasing.

On MADHouse, yeah it kinda sucks, and they did make some good series, but they also made a plenty of crap, including both poor projects and "otaku"-stream titles. In fact their projects like CCS and DiGi Charat make a firm foundation for today's moe culture. With that in mind, it's particularly lame of them to point out specific studios and say "it's their fault we failed". Of course, no one mentions now how they wasted all that time and money on horrible Marvel adaptations, which likely hurt them financially. Respect lost.

PS Not that KyoAni doesn't deserve the bashing tongue.gif SHAFT is still awesome though.

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team May 28 2012, 02:31 PM Quote
On a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT note (hence the double-post), has anyone seen the horrible line-up for summer? Damn, I don't think there's even anything remotely worth watching. Maybe the Kumeta gag anime, though it doesn't look that promising from the concept.

For reference:
http://otakuness.files.wordpress.com/2012/...me-list-mid.png
http://otakuness.files.wordpress.com/2012/...list-bottom.png

nijlandp-sama   Sempais May 28 2012, 02:51 PM Quote
I may watch Kono naka ni hitori, Moyashimon returns, Ebiten and Jinrui wa suitai shimatisha. Still it seems that the summer season lacks variation sad.gif . Something like big romance series, mystery series and pure action seems to be missing. I would love to have a new Clannad, Nagasarete Airantou or even Chobits series.

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team May 28 2012, 03:19 PM Quote
Well it's a small wonder, since summer tends to be the slowest anime season... Still, a bit disappoint. And the copycats/clones are just pitiful.

Barbobot-the Pirate King   Fansub TV Team May 28 2012, 07:25 PM Quote
Pretty much right about the summer. Only show that I see on that list that I can guarantee I will follow is Moyashimon, and possibly Tari Tari.

I'm sure there are a few others I'll try out and possibly follow through with, but very little I know right out of the gate I'll be watching. Usually there's at least 3-4 I can guarantee I'll be watching.

And why on earth do we need another time-travel show involving the Sengoku period and having Nobunaga, Ieyasu, etc turned into cute girls?

user posted image
Barbobot's Anime List
Current Top 5 Ongoing (Updated for Fall '14)
1. Fate/Stay Night UBW
2. Log Horizon 2
3. Parasyte
4. Psycho-Pass 2
5. Rage of Bahamut

JCDRANZER - Sky King   Fansub TV Team May 28 2012, 07:53 PM Quote
Sword Art World (set in the same real universe as Accel World), Moyashimon, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon S2, Dog Days S2, Arcana Famiglia and Blood Lad are the ones I will most likely be watching. To be honest, I think the summer season isn't all that bad and I'll probably prepare myself for them by watching relevant prequel series if I haven't already. Anyways, I have an exam in 6 hours....so I need to stop getting distracted and do some real work. tongue.gif

user posted image
My Incomplete Anime List =P
user posted image

Seishun Bakusou!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

LUNA is mine!!!!!!!!!!!! user posted image

TYPE-MOON Slave....TSUKIHIME ROCKSSSS!!!!

TITLES ---> JCD-Ô-SAMAのスパム! ~*JCD - His Majesty of Spam(hood)*~!! nickname given by the Lovely Orofena
Captain(Taichou) of GHFC ~*Ghost Hunt Fan Club*~!!
Proud member of NBP ~*NANA Blogish Posters*~!!
Proud member of KKA~Kawaii Kawaii Asa-sempai~!!
Proud member of MSFGFC ~*Manabi Straight Forward Go Fan Clubber*~!!
Proud member of NGEC ~*Neon Genesis Evangelion Crew*~!! (a "permanent" prisoner of the EVA thread)
Leader of YNSHFC ~*Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge Fan Club*~!!
Leader of BRFCFC ~*Busou Renkin Forever Campaign Fan Club*~!!

ImTakes-sama   Retired May 28 2012, 07:54 PM Quote
QUOTE (Barbobot @ May 28 2012, 06:25 PM)
And why on earth do we need another time-travel show involving the Sengoku period and having Nobunaga, Ieyasu, etc turned into cute girls?

Because as was already discussed before...it feeds the masses who are into moeblobs and brainless anime shows that are of no real quality but are popular irregardless...that's the name of the anime game these days. wink.gif

khael/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ being Meguca is suffering   Sempais May 29 2012, 10:24 AM Quote
Sorry about that previous post. Got too excited. I haven't actually touched any anime or manga for like half a year already. Kaiji 2 was the last good show I watched (paced horribly but that's what you get for trying to stretch that arc into a 26 (forgot how many episodes already).

In any case, I got too excited when I saw that thread and jumped immediately. I've already explained why I want to see the industry trip and fall so I won't repeat myself.

In case you didn't notice the edit I made in that post (which I made a few minutes after I posted it), they aren't actually filing for bankruptcy.

user posted image

"If it's for the sake of seeing others suffer, no effort is too great." ~Prince Baka

If you're going to enforce rules, don't be a hypocrite. You know who you are.

Things to note when reading my posts:
I have bad memory.
I'm like that anime character who's bad with names. I'm literally bad with names and faces.
I'm tired of political correctness/correctness in general, screw that, this is the internet.
Spelling liek dis doesn't necessitate illiteracy. U call it linguistic anarchy i.e. being lazy.
Also, I ****ed YOU'RE mom.

nijlandp-sama   Sempais May 30 2012, 12:59 PM Quote
QUOTE (khael @ May 29 2012, 05:24 PM)
Sorry about that previous post. Got too excited. I haven't actually touched any anime or manga for like half a year already.

that is a long time. I hope that you see some series which you do like to read or watch. Maybe watching some old series is worth it. I sometimes take an older series and watch it again. I can appreciate a good old series.

Nice to hear that they don't file for bankruptcy but they do need to get some innovative series to improve.

NecroRyu-UURYYYY xD   Fansub TV Team May 30 2012, 11:24 PM Quote
QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ May 28 2012, 03:31 PM)
On a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT note (hence the double-post), has anyone seen the horrible line-up for summer? Damn, I don't think there's even anything remotely worth watching. Maybe the Kumeta gag anime, though it doesn't look that promising from the concept.

For reference:
http://otakuness.files.wordpress.com/2012/...me-list-mid.png
http://otakuness.files.wordpress.com/2012/...list-bottom.png
you know there must be something wrong with the upcoming season when you see listed more interesting OVAs, specials or movies than TV series o.O (like the true ending OVA of Persona 4) well these are the titles I'll surely check out and try the rest later...
- Sword Art Online
- Blood Lad
- Kimi no Iru Machi 2 (finale of Suzuka's spin-off)
- The Idolm@ster Special
- Sankarea (ep.13?)
- KissxSis OVA 7
- Nazo no Kanojo X (ep.14?)
- Berserk Golden Age II: Battle for Doldrey (just found movie 1 but no subs) ^^
- Ashura (this film looks interesting compared to what Toei has released lately)
- Space Battleship Yamato 2199 movie 2 (the 1st isn't subbed after months)
- Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto Arc Part II (hopefully gets better than part I) -.-
- Blood-C The Last Dark (at last I'll decide its final score after watching this) dry.gif

December theme: TerraFormars -a: Sheila, s: Marcos E.Garcia
user posted imageuser posted image
Scores of my Latest Top 15 Anime TV series, OVAs &/or Films:
1 Fate/stay night 2014 - 10/10 (airing, Fate/Zero 10/10) B+
2 Akame ga Kill! - 10/10 (airing) B+
3 Log Horizon Second Series - 9/10 (airing) A+
4 Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle - 9/10 (waiting OVA) B+
5 Terra Formars - 8/10 (airing, OVAs 8/10) C-
6 Psycho-Pass 2 - 8/10 (airing, S1 8/10) C-
7 Sword Art Online II - 8/10 (airing) B-
8 Marvel Disk Wars The Avengers - 7/10 (subs for ep'37?) A-
9 Shirobako - 7/10 (airing) A+
10 Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei! specials - 6/10 (og) B
11 Girlfriend Kari - 6/10 (airing) A
12 Ai Tenchi Muyo! - 6/10 (airing) B
13 Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal - 5/10 (airing) A
14 Amagi Brilliant Park - 5/10 (reconsidering to marathon) B
15 Dragon Ball Kai: Majin Boo-hen - 4/10 (airing) B-

wedora-dono   Sempais Jun 06 2012, 07:19 PM Quote
Something that came to my attention about this season...we've had quite a good crop of OPs and EDs, haven't we? I mean, FZ op+ed, Aquarion op+ed, amnesia op+ed, hyouka op, Apollon op, Sankarea ED just on musical merit. Add in Space Bros op and Polar Bear op+ed for goofy factor and you got quite a selection smile.gif G-ROCK!!!

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Jun 07 2012, 01:08 PM Quote
Last season you mean tongue.gif Summer season is sorta starting to start wink.gif And Aquarion is sort of Winter season. And only the first OP was good anyway. The only Aquarion ED I ever liked was from the original.

Apollon OP is lame cause it has little to do with the show and is generally boring. Amnesia OP is a weird one - I suppose I like it, though it's kinda heavy for the show, and the vocals are a bit weird for the style.

I'm ignoring most of the rest of the series you mentioned for now (and likely forever except FZ, which I'm delaying until BDs are out).

But yeah, I suppose we've had some good anime music lately. You should be also mentioning the catchy Engrishy Jormungand OP, as well as the entirety of the soundtrack for Tsuritama 'cept the OPED, just because it's made by the most awesome Japanese band ever.

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Jun 07 2012, 06:45 PM Quote
QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jun 07 2012, 11:08 AM)
But yeah, I suppose we've had some good anime music lately. You should be also mentioning the catchy Engrishy Jormungand OP,

They technically picked the "wrong" I've Sound singer to sing this song. Should have stuck with MELL if you ask me even though it's nice to see Mami Kawada change up her style quite a bit from her traditional songs.

If you want to talk about this season's music, here's my list of what I think is good in no particular order:
Fate Zero 2 OP+ED
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia OP...ED is okay I guess
Saki Achiga-hen -Episode of Side A- OP...ED is also okay due to catch and chibi. MIRACLE RUSH~
Aquarion EVOL OP1 + ED1. OP2 tv size is good but full is terrible. In contrast, ED2 TV size is terrible (seems like production was rushed) while full is much better. Zetsubouteki ni kimi wa kirei saaaaaa~
Accel World OP+ED...ED is better.
Hyouka OP+ED...OP is better + Choucho. It'll be a shame when it changes though.
Sakamichi no Apollon OP....even though it doesn't match the series, it's a decent song. ED is not that good.
Smile Precure OP+ED...precure's catchy music continues~
AKB0048 OP+ED....absolutely love the OP but I guess this should be expected as all songs in this show are done by actual AKB48 members.
Phi Brain 2 OP...Nano is a great niconico singer and glad he finally got a debut with a great song.
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka 2 OP...not as good as the first season, but retains the similar feeling.
Medaka Box OP ... can't go wrong with Minami Kuribayashi
Natsuiro Kiseki OP+ED...sphere <3
Jormungand OP + preview song tongue.gif

I may be forgetting a couple as there are indeed quite a number of good songs this season. Whether they are meant for continuous listening is a different story though.

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Jun 08 2012, 03:03 AM Quote
Aquarion EVOL OP1 + ED1. OP2 tv size is good but full is terrible. In contrast, ED2 TV size is terrible (seems like production was rushed) while full is much better.

Same can be said for full IMO. ED2 is pretty bad in general.

I'm still kinda said that I'm the only one here who acknowledges the epic-ness of Tsuritama OST...

Killer_Ossi Retired   Jun 08 2012, 08:52 AM Quote
The only good ones for me are
Natsuiro Kiseki OP + ED
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia ED
Hyouka OP
Fate Zero 2 ED

The rest is just meh sadly.

Hevent looked for the summer lineup yet, but I know Sword Art Online is airing and thats enough to know about it for now ^^

This post has been edited by Killer_Ossi on Jun 08 2012, 08:52 AM

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Jun 08 2012, 08:29 PM Quote
QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jun 08 2012, 01:03 AM)

Same can be said for full IMO. ED2 is pretty bad in general.

I have a Yui Ogura bias tongue.gif Waiting for her debut single for Campione's ED theme this summer. Sounds a lot like a Yukari Tamura song.

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Jul 02 2012, 01:30 PM Quote
So I watched Arcana Famiglia for no apparent reason. Biggest complaints: animation quality is somewhat meh, and the white-haired dude's voice acting is annoying as hell. Minor complaints include an overabundance of staple characters and the somewhat disheartening prospect of a tournament setup. The way they handle this still remains to be seen, though. Oh, and a tsundere female lead. Again. dry.gif

Positive points include a more or less original setting, though it feels a bit too chaotic with elements mixed in that just don't fit in - like the "Japanese" guy is way out of place. The atmosphere was kind of nice.

All in all, 1st ep was a classic exposition dump in the vein of "oh look we have all these guys, they all have a different fighting style, magical ability and personality quirk, and they are all gonna fight each other for the girl in the next X episodes". I suppose I'll have to see how the next ep plays out. However, I have to say that if the show intends to stay on those rails, it'll end up rather mediocre and boring.

I think the best thing it could do is to derail the announced premise completely within a few eps, and introduce a secret agenda, possibly with a more serious subplot. Not that I'm really expecting any of that from what we've seen so far, but IMO that's the only way for shows like these to be any good.

EDIT: Also saw the Sword Art trailer. Looks like a pretty boring premise that's been done to death, I guess. Confirmed that I'll be skipping this one.

This post has been edited by Ausdoerrt on Jul 03 2012, 02:40 PM

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Jul 10 2012, 01:45 PM Quote
I think I found the "guilty pleasure" show of the season. Not like I'm watching anything else, but hey. I'm just not Japanese-savvy enough for Joshiraku to qualify as anything else. Still, recommended.

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (88) « First ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll