File Problems
Website/Forum
Episode Playback
Miscellaneous

General Anime discussion

Pages: (90) « First ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 
Kid-Wolf~Posessed by the Phoenix~   Fansub TV Team Mar 25 2012, 11:05 AM Quote
So wait a non-ero Key game is now getting an anime now? blink.gif

Well I guess that was bound to happen sooner or later that one of thier games would be adapted to an anime, so I guess we're going to wait and see which studio is picking this up, and if they really are going to go though with it. unsure.gif

Oh and another thing, you can never have enough harem anime in the world you know. tongue.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Kid-Wolf on Mar 25 2012, 11:06 AM

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

lavenderdays-dono   Sempais Mar 25 2012, 11:59 AM Quote
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Mar 26 2012, 02:05 AM)
So wait a non-ero Key game is now getting an anime now? blink.gif

Well I guess that was bound to happen sooner or later that one of thier games would be adapted to an anime, so I guess we're going to wait and see which studio is picking this up, and if they really are going to go though with it. unsure.gif

Oh and another thing, you can never have enough harem anime in the world you know. tongue.gif laugh.gif

Actually Little Busters!! did ended up as an ero game with a remake including an additional heroine saya tongue.gif Glad to see some Key-works being adapted again after a long time xD

Barbobot-the Pirate King   Fansub TV Team Mar 25 2012, 12:14 PM Quote
It was only a matter of time really until it was made into an anime.

Enjeh-chan   Mar 25 2012, 05:56 PM Quote
Ohh nice! Now lets just hope that Kyoto Animation gets their hand on this one. :)

blanmgr-san   Mar 26 2012, 10:31 PM Quote
Fansub Masters.... I found this image for the Summer 2012. How much of this can be true?

Possible Summer 2012 Line Up.. Need to be verified dry.gif

BL

This post has been edited by blanmgr on Mar 26 2012, 10:35 PM

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Mar 27 2012, 12:33 AM Quote
Blergh, only time will tell. It's not at all uncommon for dates to be shuffled around, and the Spring season hasn't started yet, so who knows what will happen in 3 months. It's probably a reasonable estimate - these things are compiled off news sites like ANN and other official announcements usually - but don't be surprised if something gets moved or canceled.

But dang, Senjou no Horizon totally needed a sequel rolleyes.gif

blanmgr-san   Mar 27 2012, 06:13 AM Quote
Is it just me or did this springs anime season ended earlier than normal? I thought the spring season go up until early to mid May? unsure.gif

BL

Kid-Wolf~Posessed by the Phoenix~   Fansub TV Team Mar 27 2012, 06:27 AM Quote
Well most of the anime that is aired or currently airing are kind of in the tail end of the winter season. Geanted it seems that no one posted up the Spring 2012 season at all yet.

Here I was wondering what shows I'd be watchign and which ones I'd be avoiding. tongue.gif

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Mar 27 2012, 05:35 PM Quote
QUOTE (blanmgr @ Mar 27 2012, 07:13 AM)
Is it just me or did this springs anime season ended earlier than normal? I thought the spring season go up until early to mid May? unsure.gif

BL

I think spring season hasn't started yet. It usually kicks off in late March/early April. The only thing from Spring that's aired so far was the pre-release special of that crappy fanservicy samurai flick, and the two eps of Ozma OVA.

Barbobot-the Pirate King   Fansub TV Team Apr 01 2012, 12:08 AM Quote
Cartoon Network/Adult Swim just pulled the cruelest joke they could ever do for April's Fools. Brought back Toonami for just tonight. We got DBZ, Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star. This is the stuff that got me into anime in the first place and is giving me such a nostalgia trip. Makes me feel like I'm back in middle school after getting home from school.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Oblivious to the World - My Blog
Barbobot's Anime List
Current Top 5 Ongoing (Updated for Winter '10 01/10)
1. Durarara!
2. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
3. Katanagatari
4. Kimi ni Todoke
5. Dance in the Vampire Bund
Special Nod to Ongoing Series: Cross Game, FMAB

franzoir -the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd   Sempais Apr 01 2012, 01:04 AM Quote
ToonamiAftermath has been around for a while if you are craving nostalgia. Plus the Dragonball live chat is truly hilarious.

I wish they would play Tenchi in Tokyo. The endless joy it gave me and my friend when he defeats the final boss by giving her a slap. Them were the days.

NecroRyu-UURYYYY xD   Sempais Apr 05 2012, 07:00 AM Quote
damn many series have been released these last couple of days (besides Is this a Zombie S2 which I posted yesterday), not sure if I'll keep going with their next episodes or leave them for later and continue those that interest me more... as I already watched the first ep. of each one what do you guys think about them, is it alright to make new threads to discuss about these and other new titles?

Buta (from the 2011 Young Animator Training Project) and Shirokuma (Polar Bear) Café : is it just me or there is more anime with talking animals in almost a full main cast making a comeback from the 80's and previous decades that were common? of course the secondary characters minority of that kind like the ones of One Piece or Fairy Tail don't count, I mean the two new titles reminded me to some oldies like Willie Fog or The 3 Muskedogs (animals behaving like humans but not the Disney-type cartoons) and supposely both will last in the second episode so I'll probably end watching them laugh.gif

March theme: farewell Log Horizon - av: Kanami, sg: Akatsuki
user posted imageuser posted image
Scores of my Latest Top 15 Anime TV series, OVAs &/or Films:
1 Hajime no Ippo: Rising - 10/10 (og, S1 10/10, S2 9/10) B-
2 Log Horizon - 10/10 or 9/10 (waiting for S2) A+
3 Golden Time - 9/10 (ongoing?) A+
4 Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta - 9/10 (og? spinoff film 8/10) B-
5 Kill la Kill - 8/10 (waiting for OVA) B+
6 Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. - 8/10 (waiting for OVA) A
7 Nobunaga the Fool - 8/10 (airing) B+
8 Space Dandy - 7/10 (waiting for S2) B
9 Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013) - 7/10 B+
10 Uchuu Kyoudai / Space Bros - 7/10 (waiting Nanba 0) A
11 Samurai Flamenco - 6/10 (ongoing?) B-
12 Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashi... - 6/10 (og) B
13 Pupa - 5/10 or 6/10 (ongoing?) C-
14 Saint Seiya Omega - 5/10 (og? Tenkaihen movie 5/10) A+
15 Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! specials - 4/10 (og?) B

Barbobot-the Pirate King   Fansub TV Team Apr 14 2012, 01:26 AM Quote
I know it's not technically anime, but most certainly very asian/anime inspired. What do people think of Avatar: The Last Airbender?

I just got finished watching this series and after a few episodes I found it very hard to stop. Marathoned something like 20 episodes today, which was pretty much how I spent my entire day today, so that I could finish it before tomorrow when the sequel airs on TV. I'd say anybody who is a fan of those large adventure series with a ragtag group traveling around the world you should most definitely give Avatar a try.

It's got great characters that you're happy to see evolve over the course of the series, even if the writing can sometimes be a bit heavy handed about telling us what they are feeling. Also the show puts on some excellent looking fights with all sorts of elements flying around. Helps that I'm a sucker for worlds where people can wield the elements as I just think that's a really cool ability to have.

And Legend of Korra airs tomorrow morning which takes place 70 years after The Last Airbender which I am super excited for now. It's gonna make me feel like a kid again as I wake up to watch a Saturday morning cartoon.

Only bad thing now is I'm quite behind on the new anime as I've only watched maybe 2-3 episodes of the new stuff cause I was too busy with Avatar to watch anything else.

This post has been edited by Barbobot on Apr 14 2012, 01:27 AM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Oblivious to the World - My Blog
Barbobot's Anime List
Current Top 5 Ongoing (Updated for Winter '10 01/10)
1. Durarara!
2. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
3. Katanagatari
4. Kimi ni Todoke
5. Dance in the Vampire Bund
Special Nod to Ongoing Series: Cross Game, FMAB

ImTakes-sama   Retired Apr 14 2012, 01:31 AM Quote
QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 14 2012, 12:26 AM)
I know it's not technically anime, but most certainly very asian/anime inspired.  What do people think of Avatar: The Last Airbender?
I just got finished watching this series and after a few episodes I found it very hard to stop.  Marathoned something like 20 episodes today, which was pretty much how I spent my entire day today, so that I could finish it before tomorrow when the sequel airs on TV.  I'd say anybody who is a fan of those large adventure series with a ragtag group traveling around the world you should most definitely give Avatar a try.
It's got great characters that you're happy to see evolve over the course of the series, even if the writing can sometimes be a bit heavy handed about telling us what they are feeling.  Also the show puts on some excellent looking fights with all sorts of elements flying around.  Helps that I'm a sucker for worlds where people can wield the elements as I just think that's a really cool ability to have.
And Legend of Korra airs tomorrow morning which takes place 70 years after The Last Airbender which I am super excited for now.  It's gonna make me feel like a kid again as I wake up to watch a Saturday morning cartoon.
Only bad thing now is I'm quite behind on the new anime as I've only watched maybe 2-3 episodes of the new stuff cause I was too busy with Avatar to watch anything else.

Barbo-san, both senpai-kun and I watched all of the Airbender series and loved it...welcome aboard! I wish I had the energy to go back and re-watch but there are so many good series this Spring plus, I still gotta take your advice and watch Cowboy Bebop. (have it all downloaded too, btw) I will keep an eye out for the Legend of Korra...thanks for the heads up, Barbo-san. wub.gif
I gave Avatar: The Last Airbender a 10/10 back in 2008 or was it 2009? tongue.gif

user posted image

user posted image

senpai-kun-nakama   Retired Apr 14 2012, 01:21 PM Quote
QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 14 2012, 02:31 AM)
Barbo-san, both senpai-kun and I watched all of the Airbender series and loved it...welcome aboard! I will keep an eye out for the Legend of Korra...thanks for the heads up, Barbo-san. wub.gif
I gave Avatar: The Last Airbender a 10/10 back in 2008 or was it 2009? tongue.gif

So funny when I tried to tell you about the Legend of Korra coming out a few weeks ago you completely ignored my comment. But what's with this response to the Barbo of the flaming red?! I tell ya FTV girls are so fickle laugh.gif

But yo Barbo I did the exact same thing when I got into the show. The majority of it was already completed and I found myself in full on marathon mode before I knew what hit me. I remembered being so surprised at how interesting the story was and how fun the characters were. For a long time I had seen commercials/ads about it and just wrote it off as a kid's show. While it can be viewed as that on some level its got so much more depth to it than a typical Saturday morning cartoon. It really does feel kinda like a Japanese anime and that's probably why it really appealed to me. I recorded the first episode of the Legend of Korra this morning and will give it a good strong viewing later today.

ImTakes-sama   Retired Apr 14 2012, 01:27 PM Quote
QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Apr 14 2012, 12:21 PM)
So funny when I tried to tell you about the Legend of Korra coming out a few weeks ago you completely ignored my comment. But what's with this response to the Barbo of the flaming red?! I tell ya FTV girls are so fickle laugh.gif

But yo Barbo I did the exact same thing when I got into the show. The majority of it was already completed and I found myself in full on marathon mode before I knew what hit me. I remembered being so surprised at how interesting the story was and how fun the characters were. For a long time I had seen commercials/ads about it and just wrote it off as a kid's show. While it can be viewed as that on some level its got so much more depth to it than a typical Saturday morning cartoon. It really does feel kinda like a Japanese anime and that's probably why it really appealed to me. I recorded the first episode of the Legend of Korra this morning and will give it a good strong viewing later today.

Yo! I am so sorry from the bottom of my most generous heart for having shafted you in complete ignore mode...I cannot even begin to understand as to why either...but you know you are adored and often, Ossan!
Here...my sentiments at the moment... tongue.gif
user posted image
I wanna watch that show too...all I can find are streams. Send me a dl link, por favor?
Yep, a story that was superior in so many ways when compared to some of the tripe that is called anime these days...I loved Ang and company but had an "especially" soft spot for the troubled and noble Prince Zuko.

user posted image

user posted image

senpai-kun-nakama   Retired Apr 14 2012, 02:09 PM Quote
QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 14 2012, 02:27 PM)
Yo! I am so sorry from the bottom of my most generous heart for having shafted you in complete ignore mode...I cannot even begin to understand as to why either...but you know you are adored and often, Ossan!
Here...my sentiments at the moment... tongue.gif
user posted image
I wanna watch that show too...all I can find are streams. Send me a dl link, por favor?
Yep, a story that was superior in so many ways when compared to some of the tripe that is called anime these days...I loved Ang and company but had an "especially" soft spot for the troubled and noble Prince Zuko.

Awww so heartfelt; your momentary sentiments are always well received wink.gif xD and for you're kindness...

Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episodes 1-2 720p

This post has been edited by senpai-kun on Apr 14 2012, 08:02 PM

Killer_Ossi Retired   Apr 15 2012, 08:23 AM Quote
Just watched ep 2 of Kimi to Boku S2 and damn am I glad its back, especially after the huge disappointement und uselessness Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou was.
The comedy, the romance, the characters, the music and the animation just make this show a huge gem for slice-of-life-suckers like me.

This post has been edited by Killer_Ossi on Apr 15 2012, 08:24 AM

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Apr 19 2012, 11:29 PM Quote
So I'm too lazy to visit every separate thread for the new season's anime, so a list will magically appear in this thread as I get through first episodes of things today-tomorrow. If something doesn't appear here, it means that the synopsis didn't look interesting and I didn't pick up the show.

So first some notes from past weeks:

Zetman ep.1 inconclusive, ep.2 scheduled.
Saint Seiya Omega ep. 1 = tripe, dropped 5 minutes in.

Now the catch-ups:

Amnesia a.k.a. Another the Ecchi Comedy ep. 1 - kinda mediocre, but gives off the smallest amounts of Natsu no Arashi vibes, which warrants the watching of ep. 2 later. Whether I follow it will depend on the rest of the season.
--------------------------
Accel World eps 1&2 (air version) Hmm, let's do a pros/cons list.

Pros: Interesting setting, similar to what I liked in Dan Simmons' books. Cool-sounding next ep preview tune - reminds me of the timeless Facing Worlds theme.

Cons: Dull protagonist - even if he's more of an American teenage B-movie archetype that a typical anime chara. Below average visuals. Typically mediocre writing, predictable plot.

Overall, smells like minor potential, all of which will be wasted anyway. The inferiority complex main guy Zzzz Predictable love triangle Zzzz Typical shounen arena setup Zzzz Exposition dump in episode 2 double-Zzzz Topping it all off, rather unexciting fights with no eye-catching visual goodies. TBH, I expected this much from the trailer, not sure why I even wasted the time on this. So boo, perhaps a marathon at an unspecified bored time. For now, DROPPED.
I will get to Fate/Zero last, for 3 reasons. It picks up where it left off so 1. I might need to refresh my memory on where exactly that is; 2. It's technically not a new show so there's no need to re-examine it; 3. I like to watch good shows last. Only thing left to decide is whether I want to just delay S2 until the BDs are out, cause at this point a few more months of waiting won't change much, and I still haven't gone through the S1 BDs.
tbc

PS According to the ANN preview guide, this season has some seriously f..ed up fanservice shows. Bwahahahaha laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Ausdoerrt on Apr 20 2012, 12:41 AM

Nemingway-Ecchi Elitist   Sempais Apr 21 2012, 04:00 PM Quote
Don't know if this was posted earlier, sorry if so.

Winter Anime 2012/2012 ranking

[EDIT] (NSFW warning ! Click at your own risk !)

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (90) « First ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll