Episode Playback
Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Yami to boushi to hon no tabibito, I saw half of it and stopped

daft27-nya   Fansub TV Leaders Nov 23 2004, 03:24 AM Quote
It's a 13 episode series if I remember correctly, but I don't remember that much happening in it. They go from univerise to universe (ala magic books) searching for someone... and that's all I remember.

I took a look at your recommendations list Justinus and this title was listed there. Is it something I should go back and try again?

user posted image
user posted image

Goro_Fugita-chan   Nov 24 2004, 03:55 PM Quote
I dont give it my vote...I got VERY boared with it

chibinyaa-san   Retired Nov 25 2004, 02:13 AM Quote
universe to universe sounds bad enough D:

EDIT: shouldn't this belong in the Anime thread? o.O? i would move it... but its Daft ><

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais Jul 26 2007, 06:21 AM Quote
HUEG BUMP ALART!

Well, glad I remembered to search if there was already a topic for this one, though I doubt it really would have mattered since this is such a humongous bump. tongue.gif

After hearing about a minor connection with Kannazuki no Miko (character designs, yuri) and after seeing the recent cameo episode for these characters in Touka Gettan 14, I decided to finally watch this series to see how it was.

I would have to say that I disagree with the first three posters of this thread. I did not think it was really bad at all, and was actually pretty touching near the end (not to mention borderline depressing). Watching it is kind of difficult since it jumps around a lot, so there's not much continuity, and they will revisit things in the later series that seemed insignificant in the earlier episodes, so you have to keep track of what's been happening or you'll be confused.

So, please tell me I'm not the only one to have seen this anime (or the only one to have liked it) at fansub.tv. For me at least, a little yuri goes a long way, especially when there haven't been very many yuri anime lately. sad.gif

Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

chiisai_hana-nipah!   Fansub TV Team Jul 26 2007, 08:31 AM Quote
I liked the show as well (or what I remember of it) but I wish it was more focused on the yuri aspect ... the first episode was really promising, and then it just kind of world hops and that guy is introduced and blink.gif I know it's based on a hentai game, but still ...

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Proud Member of the SSS (Suki Suki Sia-chan)
It's all about the pretty boys: Yaoi Anime, Yaoi Manga
Love FSTV? Leave a thanks for the team :)

Forum Rules :: Download FAQ :: My FTV Blog

Episode 1
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Oct 05 2007, 11:01 PM

Episode 2
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Oct 05 2007, 11:02 PM

Episode 3
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Oct 05 2007, 11:02 PM

Episode 4
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Oct 06 2007, 11:57 PM

Episode 5
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Oct 06 2007, 11:57 PM

Episode 6
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Oct 08 2007, 06:05 AM

Episode 7
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Oct 08 2007, 06:05 AM

Episode 8
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Oct 10 2007, 04:16 AM

Episode 9
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Oct 10 2007, 04:17 AM

d2jsp-san   Oct 10 2007, 08:41 AM Quote

It might just be me but Lilith and Hadzuki and that Library were also in one of the episodes in Touka Gettan.

Devious-san   Oct 10 2007, 09:24 AM Quote
well I watched it couple of mounths ago.. I can't say I really liked it but it wasn't bad smile.gif the biggest flaw in this anime is that it jumps too much so you're sometimes like "hey have I missed an episode" but all in all it has a nice story just it could be put a bit differently smile.gif hm.. and it really ressembles Kannazuki no Miko just previous is hundred times better smile.gif

chiisai_hana-nipah!   Fansub TV Team Oct 10 2007, 09:41 AM Quote
QUOTE (d2jsp @ Oct 10 2007, 10:41 AM)
It might just be me but Lilith and Hadzuki and that Library were also in one of the episodes in Touka Gettan.

No, the characters of YamiBou did appear in Touka Gettan. The games are produced by the same company, so the cameo appearance isn't unusual.

Episode 10
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Oct 10 2007, 02:25 PM

Episode 11
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Oct 11 2007, 08:53 AM

Episode 12
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Oct 11 2007, 08:54 AM

Episode 13
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Oct 11 2007, 08:54 AM

d'observer-Procrastination Expert   Sempais Oct 12 2007, 03:38 AM Quote
This show biggest flaw is the lack of Hazuki! rolleyes.gif I mean, sure, we got her a lot for screening, but the appearance of too many side-characters kinda overshadow Hazuki and Lilith's presence. It's just that we need moar impact for our two lead heroines, and maybe it's just me, but this series just didn't deliver well enough in that aspect.

Maybe it's just my frustration that make me a bit biased about the series. I just not amused when finally I got a totally likeable(well, for me) main character, but the show giving such injustice for her. >_< . We really didn't see much of Hazuki other than her swinging her sword around, acting cold against the flirting Lilith and Hazuki always showing us how hard gay she is for Hatsumi. I really hope I can be more fixated on her. (Good shows like Marimite really give out the feeling that the characters are somewhat close to us)

But animation-wise, this show is a total awesome.

Arashai   Nov 10 2007, 12:33 PM Quote
I think the random jumps bring chaos into the story. i mean ppl love crazy shows like SHnY and FLCL, so whats so bad about the jumps in this one?

I really love the yuri in this show, but i agree that Hazuki wasnt given a more rounded growth. hatsumi only shows up in the last few episodes, so we only se her as a static character sleep.gif

snowpsyche-chan   Nov 10 2007, 09:51 PM Quote
I watched this show a while ago and liked it...at least it was better than I expected. I had heard also that it was a precursor in some ways to Kannazuki no Miko, so I was curious.

To me, it felt like Kannazuki picked up where Yami left off, in getting the two characters together. I think Yami sort of cheesed out by making Hatsumi Hatsuki's child.  I thought that was completely weird, you're in love with someone and the only way it's 'ok' is if she becomes your baby? Kannazuki seemed to take the relationship where Yami should have gone (in my opinion.)

I agree that Hatsuki could have been filled out a bit more, as others have said. Not just how she felt in the past but with further interactions with the new characters.

Anyway...the version I saw wasn't the more recent Shinsen version, so I'll have to check that one out too and see if some parts were translated a bit differently.

< Back to Animes >

Topic Options Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll