The Gallery
Tutorials

File Problems
Website/Forum
Episode Playback
Miscellaneous

Direct Download FAQ, Questions about the direct download

Bold-kenja sama   Retired Dec 12 2005, 09:35 PM Quote
This thread is intended to give answer for all the common Direct Download questions. It will be structured with one question and answer per post.

If your question is not here (have you tried the search function at the top of the page?), open a new thread in the forum and post it over there. Any good questions and answers from there thread will be moved here for future reference.

I will add more items when I have more time and when interesting questions come to my attention.
If you think a post in another thread should be here, just PM me the link.
If you would like to write a part of this FAQ, just post your article in a thread on this forum and PM me the link. I will move your article in here (you will be credited for your work, dont worry!). Please try to follow the same formatting I do. wink.gif

Follow your dreams, Never give up, Never be afraid,
Always remember, Fortune favors the bolds!

---
You like FTV? Leave a thanks for the team :)
---

Proud developer of the AB Syndicate
user posted image

Bold-kenja sama   Retired Dec 12 2005, 09:42 PM Quote
There is no longer a queue, but the speed estimation can still be wrong for this reason

Question
Why is the download time plainly wrong? It always takes less time than reported to complete the download!

Answer
Don’t forget windows gives you an ESTIMATE of the download time based on the CURRENT download speed. As long as you are in the queue, you are going really slow. So windows will say: "At this rate, it will take 12 hours to download". But, when you are no longer in the queue, the speed will increase. So the estimated time will come down. Windows as no way to predict the future speed of the download.

Plus, even after it has speeded up, the time is not always correct. Because windows sometime tries to guess the average speed. In other words, he is thinking,
"I was going at, lets say, 1kB/s. Now I'm at 90kB/s. Since I was slow before, there is a good chance I will slow down again." So basically, Windows will use a kind of average download speed to try to predict the download time.
That is why your download will usually finish before that time estimate actually reaches zero.

BTW, it may not look like it, but predicting the time a particular computer task is going to take is a really complex job. That is why it is only called an "estimated download time".

This post has been edited by Bold on Nov 03 2006, 07:02 AM

---
---

user posted image

Bold-kenja sama   Retired Dec 12 2005, 09:46 PM Quote
Question
I clicked the download link, then media player is opening but keeps saying "connecting". I never actually see the anime!

Answer
That’s because media player is trying to open the file and STREAM it to show it LIVE!
Instead, right click on the link and click "save as" or "save link destination" (depending on your browser.

That will simply save the file. Once it is downloaded, you can watch it over and over at you leisure.

---
---

user posted image

Bold-kenja sama   Retired Dec 12 2005, 09:52 PM Quote
Question
My download stopped at 95%!! I have to start over!

Answer
You should use a download manager. In case the file stops at 95%, you wont have to start over!
Try Free download manager. One of the best free one I have seen. http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Just make sure you add fansub.tv to the "site manager" tab and set "maximum simultaneous connections" to 1.
Otherwise, you might get banned!!

Also, never use “Download Accelerator Plus” (also know has DAP). It is full of spyware and other annoying things. Plus it is know to be an “aggressive” download manager that can cause problems to the site you want to download from.
This sites uses safeties to protect itself. Using such un-behaved download manager could get you banned

---
---

user posted image

Bold-kenja sama   Retired Dec 12 2005, 09:57 PM Quote
Question
My computer is too old!! My download are too slow!!

Answer
Computer age should not be an issue. A download is absolutely not an intensive task (at least for the downloading client) You could use a 386 (1990 machine) and it would be sensibly the same speed.

If your machine seems slow, make sure you are running an anti-virus program and are not infected.
Plus make sure you don’t have any spy-ware running. Below are two of the best free anti-spyware product out there. Both should be used one after the other since they catch slightly different kind of little buggers!

- Lavasoft Add-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
- SpyBot S&D
http://www.safer-networking.org/

---
---

user posted image

Bold-kenja sama   Retired Dec 31 2005, 03:47 PM Quote
Question
What is the difference between kb/s and kB/s and kBps/s?
What do they mean?

Answer
see this post for the answer http://boards.fansub.tv/index.php?showtopi...indpost&p=36681

Bold-kenja sama   Retired Dec 31 2005, 03:47 PM Quote
Question
Does 8kb/s = 1kB/s?

Answer
See this post for the answer http://boards.fansub.tv/index.php?showtopi...indpost&p=36688

hamasusuke-aniue   Fansub TV Team Feb 20 2006, 05:16 PM Quote
Question:
I use a Download Manager (i.e. FlashGot, GetRight, etc...) to download files from WWW.Fansub.TV. What are the rules when using this program???

Answer:
The general rule is when Using a Download Manager, only have one (1) connection open. When using two or more connections to download file(s), you do not get automatically get banned, instead you increase the risks of getting banned from downloading. We would recommend that you only download one (1) file at the time, to ensure that you do not get banned for this reason.

user posted image<--how long have I had this? Time for a change!
user posted image
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate.
Don't forget to read the rules <--Addresses all new, old, and recent members
F.A.Q. Page<---- Trouble shoot and Support Section

hamasusuke-aniue   Fansub TV Team Feb 20 2006, 05:24 PM Quote
Question:
I use a Download Manager to download files, but I also want to resume some downloads (option that can be used to resume stopped downloads). Is it okay to resume download whenever I want?

Answer:
Yes, you can resume download. However, you need to re-authenticate your download link from the file authorization page. DO NOT USE THE SAME LINK OF WHICH YOU STARTED YOUR DOWNLOAD. Go to the file you have started downloading and click on the file. When the link is authenticated, get the link, go to your download manager and change the old URL and replace it with the new URL. Also, when trying to resume download, we recommend that you resume download in the NEXT 24 HOURS after pausing download.

Question:
What about the Full-service (Chukuurai) system? Can I resume?

Answer:
Simply do the same steps as you first did and save the file to the same place location. The download will continue where you left off.

This post has been edited by Bold on Nov 03 2006, 06:53 AM

user posted image

noob±ⁿ°°ɓ±   Fansub TV Team Aug 08 2006, 07:28 AM Quote
QUESTION

Why is my download taking so long?

ANSWER

Currently, the available bandwidth is being splitted equally among those who are downloading. Thus, when there are lots of people who are downloading from the same server, the download speed decreases. Or, when the server is busy doing something else, it will lag and cause the download speed to drop. It can be because of screenshot engine or something else. In any case, please be patient and bare with us. We would greatly appreciate your patience.

Example
If person X is the only one who is downloading a file from server silk, he may get something about 500kB/s, depending on how fast his connection is, but if person Y is downloading at the same time as person X, then the download speed decreases to 250kB/s each.

New Nov 2006 - Full Service Download Speeds

Many people are complaining that full-service downloads take a lot longer than self-service ones. Currently, there should be NO difference in speed. If your self-service downloads are going faster, than it's highly likely that you're making multiple connections to the server. In this situation, you have a high chance of being banned from self-service downloading.

This post has been edited by chiisai_hana on Nov 01 2006, 08:11 PM

______
Have problems with viewing files? Please try downloading CCCP.
I'll save you world! I'm half way done with my anti-stupidity that acts just like anti-biotic! I'll free you someday.

noob±ⁿ°°ɓ±   Fansub TV Team Aug 09 2006, 08:48 PM Quote
QUESTION

How do you know you're banned?

ANSWER

If you're banned, you probably know that you are banned however, just in case you don't know whether you truly are banned or not here's a brief explaination of our banning system.

You can only and only get banned from Self-service feature. This feature allows you to download files manually, meaning you'll have to click on the "self-service" option, get authorized, click on the link (or perhaps right click on it and use the 'save target as' feature.) you probably know the rest, if you don't just read the direct download's manual. Getting back on topic, I'd have to say, if you ever got banned, you shall recieve the a similar error message as the one below. But before that, I must mention that, you will, under no circumstances will ever get banned from the full-service feature.

Self-service authorization to download
[Kyuu]_Kiba_-_22[1437C40D].avi

DENIED: FULL-SERVICE ONLY

Only full-service direct downloads are permitted for this IP.

IP: xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa

______
I'll save you world! I'm half way done with my anti-stupidity that acts just like anti-biotic! I'll free you someday.

noob±ⁿ°°ɓ±   Fansub TV Team Aug 09 2006, 09:08 PM Quote
QUESTION

How do you get unbanned?

Answer

Simple, first you make sure that you're indeed banned. Then find out from which server are you banned furthermore you write an apology letter. Any statement in which, you express that you're sorry and will never do such thing ever again. Then, you have to tell us which server were you banned and why were you banned.

---You may create a thread in this section, the File Distribution section and apologize.----
---- Do not PM the administrator or moderators. ---

Note: Posting your IP address is unneccessary.

Nov 1st 2006: If you have been banned, you may still use full-service downloading. Please use this feature from now on. As it has already been mentioned before, the speed is just about the same as the self service. The only difference is that using full service, you can never get banned and are always safe. If you, under any circumstances did feel the need to use the self-service again, after being banned, you are required to provide a solid reason and be able to justify it if asked.

This post has been edited by noob on Nov 02 2006, 05:05 PM

______

noob±ⁿ°°ɓ±   Fansub TV Team Nov 02 2006, 06:30 PM Quote
QUESTION

Hmmm, I don't really understand what is the difference between the self-service feature and the full-service feature. Anyone care to explain the difference between the two?

ANSWER

Nothing really, the speed for both should be just about the same as the other. If you have ever downloaded a file using the old method, which'd be the self-service, you might think, "Well, my speed back then was way higher than it is now." Well true that, hats off to you, but back then, you were using multiple connections and you may have gotten banned for that reason. What do I mean when I say "multiple connections"?? Well, simply put, you probably were using a program, it usually is a download accelerator that increased your download speed by opening multiple connection to the server and downloading the files in many and smaller pieces. Anyways, what you must know is, the speeds of both features are just about the same.

______

jul10-mokyu   Retired Nov 06 2006, 10:26 PM Quote
QUESTION
What is koushin scheduler? And how to download anime using it?

ANSWER
Koushin scheduler is a new feature that is used to schedule your anime download. You can add as many files as you want to download. After one file is downloaded, the scheduler will download the second file on your list. The scheduler also may download 2 files at the same time.

Here's the steps that you need to do to get automatic downloads of NEW releases, which will be put into queue for you. (You also need to leave the download page open when downloading the anime series)

QUOTE (daft27@Nov 05 2006 @ 05:34 PM)
  1. Subscribe to the anime series of your choice by clicking on the "Subscribe" link (it's right under Start Watching under Actions on any series).
  2. Launch the scheduler by going to "My Scheduler", and then clicking on the "Launch Koushin Scheduler" link.
  3. Wait for your animes to finish!

You can also manually add files to your scheduler. See the next post for more details.

user posted image
Fansub. TV does not deal with licensed anime or Media Factory Inc. Works.
For complete information, please read the Anime Rules

user posted image
user posted image --> Fansub TV Awards #3
user posted image --> Fansub TV Awards #4

jul10-mokyu   Retired Nov 06 2006, 11:02 PM Quote
QUESTION
I can't download using self service anymore. The only available option for direct download is "add to scheduler" or "full-service download". What should I do?

ANSWER
The files that are older than 14 days are put into "archive". You still able to download them by using the scheduler or full service. To download files that are already out with the scheduler, you need to download it manually by clicking "add to scheduler" in direct download section, and once it is in your list, just launch the koushin scheduler. Or you can use full service to download them, either.

With this feature, hopefully, we can achieve a high download speed for new files, without deleting the older files.

This post has been edited by jul10 on Apr 20 2007, 06:37 PM

user posted image

user posted image

hamasusuke-aniue   Fansub TV Team Nov 08 2006, 07:54 PM Quote
QUESTION
I'm using the Koushin Scheduler, but I'm not able to see the java box/downloads at all (or) Java is not loading!

Answer

The Koushin Scheduler is rather easy to use. Here's a step by step guide (Will be uploading images soon if possible):

Step 1) Download the Latest version of the Java Platform (if not possible, download the 1.5 or later versions.)

Step 2) Sign into your account (this is required in order for you to use the downloader!!!)

Step 3) If you wish to download later episodes that haven't been added to your subscription by the time you activated your schedule, go to the episode you wish to download. There, you will see the option to "add to the Koushin Scheduler" list. Click that and it will be added.

If you wish to download episodes that have been added to your subscription, it should show up when you are about to start your scheduler. If not, then do method mentioned above.

Step 4) Go to your Koushin Scheduler. You should see a list of episodes, whichever you picked/added/came from your subscription. Make sure you have everything you want on that list. Then start your Scheduler.

Step 5) You will recieve a conformation to accept requests coming from "daft of the syndicate". Accept that. Wait for java to load. When it is done loading, you should see a list of your selected episodes, along with a progress bar. This means that it's working.

For Troubleshooting, a few likely causes that make you unable to download is:
1) You are on a Proxy server which won't directly connect you to FTV, making it difficult to download.
2) Your Java is not up-to-date, so you need to download a later version.
3) You did not double check your list correctly, so there were no episodes to download.

To resolve, target any problems you find, make a thread for it, and we'll follow-through with you.

user posted image

jul10-mokyu   Retired Apr 20 2007, 07:08 PM Quote
Question
How to delete the unwanted file(s) that I am currently downloading?

Answer
Self-Service
Just stop the download from your browser or you download manager, , then you can delete it manually in the folder where you save it.
Full-Service (Chukuurai)
Close the tab (or browser) where it shows the download progress, then you can delete it manually in the folder where you save it.
Koushin Scheduler
Stop the download by closing the tab (or browser) where it shows the download progress. Then go to the your koushin scheduler editor page by going to the main page and click "My Scheduler" under the Browse tab. (OR you may simply Click Here.) On that page you can click cancel for the file(s) that you wish to delete, this will stop the download process for those file(s). So if you resuming your download, the file(s) that you have "canceled" are no longer downloaded. Then you can delete the file(s) manually in the folder where you save it.

user posted image

user posted image

jul10-mokyu   Retired Apr 20 2007, 07:09 PM Quote
Question
Can I use download manager (such as: Free Download Manager, Flashget, etc) when I'm downloading using full service (Chukuurai) or Koushin Scheduler?

Answer
No, you cannot use any download manager if you are downloading using full service or koushin scheduler. Both of full service and koushin scheduler have a built in download manager. Both of them allows you to resume your download like a normal download manager does. (For resuming, you just have to re-download the file(s) again like what you first did and save the file(s) at the same place (folder) where you stop your download before. It will resume the download automatically).

user posted image

user posted image

chiisai_hana-nipah!   Fansub TV Team Jan 04 2008, 10:59 AM Quote
Question: I keep getting messages such as "connection error" and "disconnected" with the Scheduler. What does this mean, and what can I do?

Answer: This is a fairly common error message. It indicates that there has been a problem connecting to the server. If you receive this message, close the browser and restart the scheduler. It might take some time for the downloads to start working again, so be patient and keep trying. You can report the error message here if you like, but the only advice we can really give you is "close the browser and try again".

If the problem persists for a few days and you cannot get the episode, feel free to make a request post in the following thread asking for a remote DDL link: http://boards.fansub.tv/?showtopic=1379

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Proud Member of the SSS (Suki Suki Sia-chan)
It's all about the pretty boys: Yaoi Anime, Yaoi Manga
Love FSTV? Leave a thanks for the team :)

Forum Rules :: Download FAQ :: My FTV Blog

< Back to File Distribution >

Topic Options Closed Topic Start new topicStart Poll