File Problems
Website/Forum
Episode Playback
Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Negima!, not just a remake new & improved...

Pages: (29) « First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Last »
ChronoLegend-sama   Sempais Dec 11 2006, 10:47 AM Quote
Well, Negima definitely has an open ended plot and can branch off into many different stories. I guess the producers just wanted to choose another storyline rather than follow the original one. Well, some parts of the new one isn't bad like when they fight the fairy and Setsuna makes the pact with Negi. That part was pretty good in my opinion. Though I don't like the fact that in both the OVA and in this series, they revealed Sayo again when she was revealed in the first season. Then again, this second season really is trying to avoid making connections with the first season.

user posted image user posted image
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" -Zero

noob±ⁿ°°ɓ±   Fansub TV Team Dec 12 2006, 07:13 PM Quote
omg it's out, finally! You lucky loli lovers

Ehem, need I say more?... Go get it you damn perverts!

OVA was A++. That is all, you're dismissed for now.

Episode 8
Negima!? @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Dec 12 2006, 08:22 PM

HollowClover-chi   Dec 13 2006, 12:35 AM Quote
Well Negima!? cant be counted as a second season... why? because its not a continuation nor is it related to the manga, saying this show is the second season is like saying futakoi alternative is season 2 of futakoi; it just doesn't work that way

P.S- Ep8 was wild =O library island seems the same just that there is a weird old guy living there now

julezia-ohana   Sempais Dec 13 2006, 05:18 AM Quote
When I first saw this anime, I was turned off by all the girls. There were just too many characters being introduced at once and it was annoying.
I had no idea what Negima was about, or that it was by KEN AKAMATSU. After I heard who the author was, I gave it another chance and I'm glad I did, because from the second episode onward I have really been enjoying it! The animation is great and the comedy works!
I don't think that this is a second season.. it seems to be starting from the beginning of the story?

user posted image
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end."
-Sakata Gintoki (Gintama)
My Animelist
My Top Five Currently Airing Animes: (Updated: 2011/06/01)
1. Gintama'
2. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
3. Ao no Exorcist
4. Hanasaku Iroha
5. Nichijou

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Dec 13 2006, 05:53 AM Quote
QUOTE (julezia @ Dec 13 2006, 05:18 AM)
I don't think that this is a second season.. it seems to be starting from the beginning of the story?

This is actually the 2nd anime for the Negima title. The first one was under the name 'Mahou Sensei Negima' or something, and the animation was very poor and all fanservices that were in the manga story became virtually non-existing.

Fanservice is what make up of about half of the Negima manga content, and for the 1st anime of Negima...with the fanservice removed...it's just ain't the same, because it simply feel like things are missing here and there all the time for the viewers who have already read the manga; and the fans of the manga ain't too happy about crappy animation quality as well.

Everyone knows trying to follow the manga story but taking out all the fanservices simply won't work as the 1st anime has already proven that point, so for this new anime of Negima using original story is actually a very smart move, as it is their own story so they don't need to give fanservice if they don't want to, and they leave the fanservice to the OVA release for that purpose anyway.

Oh...and the new Negima anime art quality is 100000000000000000 times better than the 1st.

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

yhkoay-chan   Dec 13 2006, 06:01 AM Quote
Holy Mama....It like taking my whole life to wait for negima!? 1 episode to being publish.....

maximilian-san   Dec 13 2006, 06:21 AM Quote
They made Asuna a bit less aggressive, and a bit more happy-go-lucky type biggrin.gif . When I see Asuna like that, I say " poor girl". Well, not really biggrin.gif .. but it is definitely different from both manga and the other series. But I love how her hair ..er.. changes all the time. I wish I had hair like that biggrin.gif .

yhkoay-chan   Dec 13 2006, 09:52 AM Quote
Ya..I do agree with you and the characteristic of everyone change lot's.....mostly to Asuna & [Sorry i forgot d - is the blue hair gul that fall in love with negi d] HEHE =P

ddhboy-chi   Dec 13 2006, 04:30 PM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Dec 13 2006, 05:53 AM)
This is actually the 2nd anime for the Negima title. The first one was under the name 'Mahou Sensei Negima' or something, and the animation was very poor and all fanservices that were in the manga story became virtually non-existing.

Fanservice is what make up of about half of the Negima manga content, and for the 1st anime of Negima...with the fanservice removed...it's just ain't the same, because it simply feel like things are missing here and there all the time for the viewers who have already read the manga; and the fans of the manga ain't too happy about crappy animation quality as well.

Everyone knows trying to follow the manga story but taking out all the fanservices simply won't work as the 1st anime has already proven that point, so for this new anime of Negima using original story is actually a very smart move, as it is their own story so they don't need to give fanservice if they don't want to, and they leave the fanservice to the OVA release for that purpose anyway.

Oh...and the new Negima anime art quality is 100000000000000000 times better than the 1st.

I don't think it is impossible to make a good anime with the manga's original story. Newer volumes have fan service few and far between. Really the challenge is to replace the fan service with alternate humor. Even this one uses bits and peaces from the manga's story line in it's story line (vampire arc, the ghost hunt pre mahorafest)

d'observer-Procrastination Expert   Sempais Dec 15 2006, 01:22 AM Quote
QUOTE (yhkoay @ Dec 13 2006, 09:52 AM)
Ya..I do agree with you and the characteristic of everyone change lot's.....mostly to Asuna & [Sorry i forgot d - is the blue hair gul that fall in love with negi d] HEHE =P

Miyazaki Nodoka...you mean?She's one of the favourite characters from negima so you should remember her name,yhkoay-san.Supposedly,she is so popular that when she's turn to stone in Kyoto's-arc in the original manga,there's crazy uproar among the fans as they think such incident is inappropriate for nodoka.They even make many requests for Ken Akamatsu-sensei to redo they whole volume of the manga,though by now,it seems no such actions being taken by Akamatsu-sensei.But he do promised that starting from now,he will never leave nodoka from big events or actions without at least she's making a proper contribution to Negi and his party.Amazing isn't it?(you can read this on Wikipedia).
Anyway,honya-chan's(nodoka's nickname) getting a glasses with her pactio artifact! ohmy.gif

ChronoLegend-sama   Sempais Dec 18 2006, 10:44 PM Quote
Well, they took that petrification of Nodoka out in the anime during the Kyoto arc (they do only go to Kyoto right? I didn't read every volume). She was completely taken out of the main event during the Kyoto arc in the anime.

And for the personality stuff, one year's passed and some people have changed by the end of the first season. Nodoka has become a bit more open and more forwards towards Negi after going on a date with him and seeing Yue kiss him right in her face. I guess that's sort of a connection back to the first season.

And on the second season thing, Marine's right. This is the second anime under Mahou Sensei Negima. And I think I talked about why this is a second season a while back. First of all, the anime doesn't have to follow the manga (that's why there are fillers... some people just like seing they're favorite mangas animated). Plus, the current series can be known as an alternate second season or sequel. Second, everyone's in 9th grade, in the first season, they were in 8th grade (or you could say in the first season they were in class 2-A and now they're in class 3-A). I know that this conversation was a while ago, but I wanted to state my opinion. biggrin.gif

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" -Zero

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Dec 19 2006, 12:34 AM Quote
QUOTE (ddhboy @ Dec 13 2006, 04:30 PM)
I don't think it is impossible to make a good anime with the manga's original story. Newer volumes have fan service few and far between. Really the challenge is to replace the fan service with alternate humor. Even this one uses bits and peaces from the manga's story line in it's story line (vampire arc, the ghost hunt pre mahorafest)

I think you are missing the point here...the manga fans will not like those changes. Normal manga titles can have the fanservice removed when turn anime, but for Negima, fanservice is one of the main thing the title well-known for, having that removed is like having an internal organ removed. For example, during the episode when Setsuna attacked Negi at the hot-spring, in the manga she was naked, but in the anime she was still wearing the uniform...which is utterly stupid as it is common sense that people don't wear clothes into hot spring area.
Simply put...with the fanservice removed, it simply is not Negima. It's like a BLT sandwich...with the bacon removed, sure it's still eatable, but can you still call it 'BLT' sandwich? Guess not. Sure you can replace the bacon with different fillings, but it's still won't make it a BLT sandwich.

That's why it's no good only following half of the original...if they want to change, they should try something original and try not copy of half of something good. Which is why the new Negima anime is so good, as people can view as a separate product.

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

Kuro_majutsu-chi   Dec 19 2006, 10:37 AM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Dec 19 2006, 12:34 AM)
I think you are missing the point here...the manga fans will not like those changes. Normal manga titles can have the fanservice removed when turn anime, but for Negima, fanservice is one of the main thing the title well-known for, having that removed is like having an internal organ removed. For example, during the episode when Setsuna attacked Negi at the hot-spring, in the manga she was naked, but in the anime she was still wearing the uniform...which is utterly stupid as it is common sense that people don't wear clothes into hot spring area.
Simply put...with the fanservice removed, it simply is not Negima. It's like a BLT sandwich...with the bacon removed, sure it's still eatable, but can you still call it 'BLT' sandwich? Guess not. Sure you can replace the bacon with different fillings, but it's still won't make it a BLT sandwich.

That's why it's no good only following half of the original...if they want to change, they should try something original and try not copy of half of something good. Which is why the new Negima anime is so good, as people can view as a separate product.

Personnaly I think the fan serice is way over used...but then again that could be intended. In a way Ken Akamatsu could be mocking the Ecchi style of comedy by over using it to get some point across XD...Yeah reading too much into it lol.

I think though there is nothing wrong with Negima I hardly notice the fan service sometimes unless its stuck on the manga page in huge format!....Like in some of the fight scene's in the manga like the Kyoto arc. When Asuna and Setsuna are fighting the Demon's you can see Setsuna's underwear in some of the pannel shots, but I harldy notice it most of the time..as well...I guess its kinda natural for a skirt to fly up and down when your jumping about fighting Demons lol but like the last post the fan service in the manga is sometimes hardly used....I think its volume 11 that had just s mall bit of it....... I think some people may read your post and think that you are sayin that the Fanservice is what Negima is all about and its not really. I never read it for that, I read it for the story as I am interested in the fantasy aspect of it and the whole thing of Negi finding his father.

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Dec 19 2006, 10:47 AM Quote
QUOTE (Kuro_majutsu @ Dec 19 2006, 10:37 AM)
I think some people may read your post and think that you are sayin that the Fanservice is what Negima is all about and its not really. I never read it for that, I read it for the story as I am interested in the fantasy aspect of it and the whole thing of Negi finding his father.

It wasn't what I meant. But the truth is that majority of the comedic reliefs in the generated in the manga are ecchi related...the so called 'fan-service' such as the clothes of the girls keep getting blown to bits time, after time, after time; instead of being eye-candy seeing them naked, it's more about intented as something for the readers to laugh at. So no girls' clothes get blown to bits or compulsory naked=no 'Negima style humour'...get it? tongue.gif

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

ChronoLegend-sama   Sempais Dec 19 2006, 03:47 PM Quote
Isn't the fact that Negi blows off girls clothes by accident in the manga summary anyways? I remember seeing that description on the manga descriptions. But in the anime, girls getting their clothes blown off doesn't happen much. It happens about three or four times total in the first season, none in the second, and once in the OVA.

And just on the topic, this is something 'unique' to Negima, especially the games. You will see Negi blowing off girls clothes in the GBA games most helpful to your journey. laugh.gif

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Dec 19 2006, 11:34 PM Quote
QUOTE (ChronoLegend @ Dec 19 2006, 03:47 PM)
Isn't the fact that Negi blows off girls clothes by accident in the manga summary anyways?  I remember seeing that description on the manga descriptions.  But in the anime, girls getting their clothes blown off doesn't happen much.  It happens about three or four times total in the first season, none in the second, and once in the OVA.

Well in the manga, I think Asuna is the only girl whose clothes keep getting blown off either by Negi or something else (if you don't count that one time that he stripped Evengelin and other female opponents with his 'strip equipments spell'), while for the other girls, they get their clothes blown off by 'other things' or they 'just so happen to be naked' or having panties exposed (most of the time lol).

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

ChronoLegend-sama   Sempais Dec 20 2006, 12:38 AM Quote
Yeah, the manga has quite a bit of ecchi doesn't it. And he's pretty deadly to girls since he knows how to blow their clothes off intentionally. And seeing Asuna getting her clothes blown off by Negi by accident just shows that they spend quite a bit of time together. tongue.gif

And I actually don't remember many moments where he blows off other girl's clothes. I only remember one actually.

d'observer-Procrastination Expert   Sempais Dec 20 2006, 12:50 AM Quote
Actually,there's quite a number of times Negi has done that.But,of course Asuna is THE one that usually involved in such scenes tongue.gif .Takane and her sidekick,Mei is the other characters having the honor of 'getting their clothes blown off' scene for so far i know,3 times already tongue.gif .Girls got stripped down to their bare skin is really do the essential part of this series.So i agree if some of you feel that it isn't feel much like negima when such scenes being omitted for the anime.Still,they would face many problems too,if they would like to show those in the anime.The regulations are pretty strict there i guess.... sad.gif .But that's just to be expected.. smile.gif

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Dec 20 2006, 06:42 AM Quote
QUOTE (d'observer @ Dec 20 2006, 12:50 AM)
Actually,there's quite a number of times Negi has done that.But,of course Asuna is THE one that usually involved in such scenes tongue.gif .

Sorry, may be my wording wasn't clear...when I saying Asuna is the 'only one' that 'keep getting her clothes blown off' by Negi, I meant it as in again and again and again, while other girls only one or two times.

I know when titles being converted from manga to anime, the echii and violence have to be toned down in order for them to be able to air on TV...but since the Negima a manga half full of panties shots and nude girls (I'm not dismissing the fact that it has a great story)...with them removed it just doesn't feel the same laugh.gif

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Team Dec 20 2006, 02:45 PM Quote
LOL
user posted image
Negi was turned into a chupacabra

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (29) « First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Last » Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll