Cannot render file

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 chaophoenix

chaophoenix
  • Kouhais
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:14 AM

i just finish downloading [Mahora]_Negima_-_02_[6BB09249].avi using full service downloader. When i try to play the file using media player classic , it tell me "cannot render the file". I am using k-lite mega codec pack. And when i try using VideoLAN, i does not play any sound or picture.

#2 Harukalover

Harukalover

-CCCP taika

• Sempais
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Anime (Mostly older stuff)<br>Programming<br>Multimedia<br>Classic Rock<br>Trolling forums<br>Being an insensitive jerk and loving every minute of it

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:40 AM

Sounds like a borked file.

Download this:

http://www.cccp-proj....php?type=cccpi

Open it when you finish downloading it. Go to Tools --> CRC Check. Pick the video file ([Mahora]_Negima_-_02_[6BB09249].avi)

After it's done checking it will give you an 8 digit code (Numbers and letters). If that code doesn't match 6BB09249 than the file is corrupt and means you need to redownload it.

On another note I would suggest uninstalling K-Lite Mega Codec Pack and using CCCP instead.

CCCP
CCCP Insurgent | Video/Sound Playback FAQ | a4e Sucks |
Do not PM me for playback help, I will not respond. Use the forums to get help instead.

#3 Kansatsusha-sama

Kansatsusha-sama

-プリムラ こいびと

• Fansub TV Team
  • 1927 posts
  • Interests:Anime, loli(lol), origami, game, drawing expecailly anime girl, computers, etc... making animated sig
    Girls in anime characteristic that I usually like. Kuudere, Tsundere,& certain unique type

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:47 AM

If you have both VLC and media player classic install try uninstall one and see if it work because those program might mess up each other. If that doesn't work try redling the file and see if it work. Also check if you dl the whole file because you might didnt dled the whole file.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Come check out the Gif Thread
Ecchi Pic 1 Torrent...Torrent Link Ecchi Pic 2 TORRENT!! Torrent Link Ecchi Pic 1-3 YEAH!!!

#4 Bold

Bold

-kenja sama

• Retired
  • 2788 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Nov 11 2006, 11:47 PM)
If you have both VLC and media player classic install try uninstall one and see if it work because those program might mess up each other.

No they can't. You can have has many player has you want on your system. What you need to watch out for is multiple codecs.

The advantaged of VLC is that it does not use the windows registered codecs. That is why it often works. Media player classic is a regular player that will use what ever codec windows has available. That means if you installed bad ones, it won't work.
Follow your dreams, Never give up, Never be afraid,
Always remember, Fortune favors the bolds!

---
You like FTV? Leave a thanks for the team :)
---

Proud developer of the AB Syndicate
user posted image

#5 Harukalover

Harukalover

-CCCP taika

• Sempais
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Anime (Mostly older stuff)<br>Programming<br>Multimedia<br>Classic Rock<br>Trolling forums<br>Being an insensitive jerk and loving every minute of it

Posted 12 November 2006 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (Bold @ Nov 11 2006, 10:06 PM)
No they can't. You can have has many player has you want on your system. What you need to watch out for is multiple codecs.

The advantaged of VLC is that it does not use the windows registered codecs. That is why it often works. Media player classic is a regular player that will use what ever codec windows has available. That means if you installed bad ones, it won't work.

Wrong. (Wrong as in everything but VLC and MPC not conflicting and that you can have multiple players... just bad to have multiple ones unless they don't conflict or tuned not to...)

There's many players that actually install decoders in your directshow environment (and if you decide to remove those codecs many of them will not work). So it's not good to install many players since they'll likely try and install a bunch of it's own codecs.

/me points to DivX player

Also MPC doesn't entirely use directshow for everything. Such as when it comes to MKV splitting. MPC will on default use it's internal splitter which is rather buggy. While with CCCP, MPC is set not to use it's default and will instead call on Haali's splitter to split an MKV into elementary streams.
Do not PM me for playback help, I will not respond. Use the forums to get help instead.

#6 Bold

Bold

-kenja sama

• Retired
  • 2788 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Harukalover @ Nov 12 2006, 01:28 AM)
There's many players that actually install decoders in your directshow environment (and if you decide to remove those codecs many of them will not work). So it's not good to install many players since they'll likely try and install a bunch of it's own codecs.

/me points to DivX player

The DivX player installs the DivX codecs when you install it. What is interfering with the system is not the player, but the extra codec. That is why such players, that are always packages with other codecs should be avoided.

But I do agree that most casual users don't know the enough to be able to choose only "pure" players without any auto installing codecs. So multiple players should be avoided.

But in the case of MPC and VLC, there should note be any problems. That was mainly what I wanted to say in my previous post (which was a rather quick post because I was in a hurry. Sorry if I was not clear)

QUOTE (Harukalover @ Nov 12 2006, 01:28 AM)
MPC will on default use it's internal splitter which is rather buggy. While with CCCP, MPC is set not to use it's default and will instead call on Haali's splitter to split an MKV into elementary streams.
The internal splitter is not a windows registered codec. In other words, only MPC knows it exists. A bit like the VLC or Mplayer codecs. Only the application knows of them.

Anyway, I think this is getting a bit too technical for the average user. Maybe we should continue this discussion in another thread if you are interested?
Follow your dreams, Never give up, Never be afraid,
Always remember, Fortune favors the bolds!

---
You like FTV? Leave a thanks for the team :)
---

Proud developer of the AB Syndicate
user posted image

#7 Jamjum

Jamjum

-san

• Sempais
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:--Goals<br>Completed<br>------------------------<br>

Posted 23 November 2006 - 05:12 AM

Ok Ok.... ive been hearing this same thing in other topics now then i don't trust Mkv files there useless and you usually have to figure out what codec there running on to play them ive been using Xvid for over a year ive had no problems with AVI files witch are main video downloads for anime files unless uploaded by a fansub that uses mkv files. Xvid installs all the necessary codecs right into your computer and poof no more problems but it dose not provide any mkv codecs. i insist you download Xvid to play any Avi format files and it also supports Mp4 files this should be the right one this will fix your problem i guarantee it biggrin.gif

Xvid

#8 Harukalover

Harukalover

-CCCP taika

• Sempais
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (Jamjum @ Nov 22 2006, 11:12 PM)
Ok Ok.... ive been hearing this same thing in other topics now then i don't trust Mkv files there useless and you usually have to figure out what codec there running on to play them ive been using Xvid for over a year ive had no problems with AVI files witch are main video downloads for anime files unless uploaded by a fansub that uses mkv files. Xvid installs all the necessary codecs right into your computer and poof no more problems but it dose not provide any mkv codecs. i insist you download Xvid to play any Avi format files and it also supports Mp4 files this should be the right one this will fix your problem i guarantee it biggrin.gif

Xvid

What in the world are you getting at?

A fan of XviD I assume? You know XviD can be put in MKV as well...

Also XviD in AVI actually isn't right. XviD uses B-frames which AVI doesn't support whatsoever. So encoders have to use a packed bitstream hack to get around that. While XviD in MKV or MP4 is okay, since B-Frames are fully supported.

Also why install XviD for decoding? Libavcodec from ffdshow does more than good enough of a job. Another thing MKV is no where near useless. It's easily one of the most powerful and flexible containers around right now.

Only reason AVI will work just with an XviD codec is because Windows installs the splitter by default. It won't install an MKV splitter by default nor will it install an MP4 splitter. It isn't because XviD is installing an AVI splitter that causes it to work by itself... sleep.gif

Read up before flaming a format next time.

#9 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • 10929 posts
  • Interests:Watching anime since childhood.<br>I wait for quality releases. Need recommendations? Just ask.<br><br>Lurked Fansub TV since November 2004<br>Joined Fansub TV Forums in December 2005<br>Sempai in June 2006<br>Fansub TV Team in October 2006<br>10000th post in July 2011<br>Fansub TV Leader in January 2011<br><br>Interested in revitalizing Fansub TV Forums. Support requested.

Posted 23 November 2006 - 05:50 AM

The topic seems to be getting no where now, and it seems the user has not replied for almost 2 weeks now. Therefore, the problem is considered solved.

--Thread Closed--

If there are any further problems, please PM a mod or create a new thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users