The Gallery
Tutorials

File Problems
Website/Forum
Episode Playback
Miscellaneous

Cannot render file

chaophoenix   Nov 11 2006, 09:14 PM Quote
i just finish downloading [Mahora]_Negima_-_02_[6BB09249].avi using full service downloader. When i try to play the file using media player classic , it tell me "cannot render the file". I am using k-lite mega codec pack. And when i try using VideoLAN, i does not play any sound or picture.

Harukalover-CCCP taika   Sempais Nov 11 2006, 09:40 PM Quote
Sounds like a borked file.

Download this:

http://www.cccp-project.net/download.php?type=cccpi

Open it when you finish downloading it. Go to Tools --> CRC Check. Pick the video file ([Mahora]_Negima_-_02_[6BB09249].avi)

After it's done checking it will give you an 8 digit code (Numbers and letters). If that code doesn't match 6BB09249 than the file is corrupt and means you need to redownload it.

On another note I would suggest uninstalling K-Lite Mega Codec Pack and using CCCP instead.

CCCP

CCCP Insurgent | Video/Sound Playback FAQ | a4e Sucks |
Do not PM me for playback help, I will not respond. Use the forums to get help instead.

Kansatsusha-sama-プリムラ こいびと   Fansub TV Team Nov 11 2006, 09:47 PM Quote
If you have both VLC and media player classic install try uninstall one and see if it work because those program might mess up each other. If that doesn't work try redling the file and see if it work. Also check if you dl the whole file because you might didnt dled the whole file.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Come check out the Gif Thread
Ecchi Pic 1 Torrent...Torrent Link Ecchi Pic 2 TORRENT!! Torrent Link Ecchi Pic 1-3 YEAH!!!

Bold-kenja sama   Retired Nov 11 2006, 10:06 PM Quote
QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Nov 11 2006, 11:47 PM)
If you have both VLC and media player classic install try uninstall one and see if it work because those program might mess up each other.

No they can't. You can have has many player has you want on your system. What you need to watch out for is multiple codecs.

The advantaged of VLC is that it does not use the windows registered codecs. That is why it often works. Media player classic is a regular player that will use what ever codec windows has available. That means if you installed bad ones, it won't work.

Harukalover-CCCP taika   Sempais Nov 11 2006, 11:28 PM Quote
QUOTE (Bold @ Nov 11 2006, 10:06 PM)
No they can't. You can have has many player has you want on your system. What you need to watch out for is multiple codecs.

The advantaged of VLC is that it does not use the windows registered codecs. That is why it often works. Media player classic is a regular player that will use what ever codec windows has available. That means if you installed bad ones, it won't work.

Wrong. (Wrong as in everything but VLC and MPC not conflicting and that you can have multiple players... just bad to have multiple ones unless they don't conflict or tuned not to...)

There's many players that actually install decoders in your directshow environment (and if you decide to remove those codecs many of them will not work). So it's not good to install many players since they'll likely try and install a bunch of it's own codecs.

/me points to DivX player

Also MPC doesn't entirely use directshow for everything. Such as when it comes to MKV splitting. MPC will on default use it's internal splitter which is rather buggy. While with CCCP, MPC is set not to use it's default and will instead call on Haali's splitter to split an MKV into elementary streams.

Do not PM me for playback help, I will not respond. Use the forums to get help instead.

Bold-kenja sama   Retired Nov 12 2006, 09:21 AM Quote
QUOTE (Harukalover @ Nov 12 2006, 01:28 AM)
There's many players that actually install decoders in your directshow environment (and if you decide to remove those codecs many of them will not work). So it's not good to install many players since they'll likely try and install a bunch of it's own codecs.

/me points to DivX player

The DivX player installs the DivX codecs when you install it. What is interfering with the system is not the player, but the extra codec. That is why such players, that are always packages with other codecs should be avoided.

But I do agree that most casual users don't know the enough to be able to choose only "pure" players without any auto installing codecs. So multiple players should be avoided.

But in the case of MPC and VLC, there should note be any problems. That was mainly what I wanted to say in my previous post (which was a rather quick post because I was in a hurry. Sorry if I was not clear)

QUOTE (Harukalover @ Nov 12 2006, 01:28 AM)
MPC will on default use it's internal splitter which is rather buggy. While with CCCP, MPC is set not to use it's default and will instead call on Haali's splitter to split an MKV into elementary streams.
The internal splitter is not a windows registered codec. In other words, only MPC knows it exists. A bit like the VLC or Mplayer codecs. Only the application knows of them.

Anyway, I think this is getting a bit too technical for the average user. Maybe we should continue this discussion in another thread if you are interested?

Jamjum-san   Sempais Nov 22 2006, 11:12 PM Quote
Ok Ok.... ive been hearing this same thing in other topics now then i don't trust Mkv files there useless and you usually have to figure out what codec there running on to play them ive been using Xvid for over a year ive had no problems with AVI files witch are main video downloads for anime files unless uploaded by a fansub that uses mkv files. Xvid installs all the necessary codecs right into your computer and poof no more problems but it dose not provide any mkv codecs. i insist you download Xvid to play any Avi format files and it also supports Mp4 files this should be the right one this will fix your problem i guarantee it biggrin.gif

Xvid

Watchlist
-Random Skype Conversation-
doofus123: derp
Jamjum: you derped
doofus123: i derped
Jamjum: I came !
doofus123: me too!

/New Signature under construction/

Harukalover-CCCP taika   Sempais Nov 22 2006, 11:29 PM Quote
QUOTE (Jamjum @ Nov 22 2006, 11:12 PM)
Ok Ok.... ive been hearing this same thing in other topics now then i don't trust Mkv files there useless and you usually have to figure out what codec there running on to play them ive been using Xvid for over a year ive had no problems with AVI files witch are main video downloads for anime files unless uploaded by a fansub that uses mkv files. Xvid installs all the necessary codecs right into your computer and poof no more problems but it dose not provide any mkv codecs. i insist you download Xvid to play any Avi format files and it also supports Mp4 files this should be the right one this will fix your problem i guarantee it biggrin.gif

Xvid

What in the world are you getting at?

A fan of XviD I assume? You know XviD can be put in MKV as well...

Also XviD in AVI actually isn't right. XviD uses B-frames which AVI doesn't support whatsoever. So encoders have to use a packed bitstream hack to get around that. While XviD in MKV or MP4 is okay, since B-Frames are fully supported.

Also why install XviD for decoding? Libavcodec from ffdshow does more than good enough of a job. Another thing MKV is no where near useless. It's easily one of the most powerful and flexible containers around right now.

Only reason AVI will work just with an XviD codec is because Windows installs the splitter by default. It won't install an MKV splitter by default nor will it install an MP4 splitter. It isn't because XviD is installing an AVI splitter that causes it to work by itself... sleep.gif

Read up before flaming a format next time.

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Team Nov 22 2006, 11:50 PM Quote
The topic seems to be getting no where now, and it seems the user has not replied for almost 2 weeks now. Therefore, the problem is considered solved.

--Thread Closed--

If there are any further problems, please PM a mod or create a new thread.

user posted image
user posted image
Watchlist Updated
Top 5 Ongoing anime (6/2/2011)
1) Ano Hana
2) Steins;Gate
3) Gosick
4) [C]
5) Hanasaku Iroha

Claims:
-Lacus (Gundam Seed/Destiny)
-Hayami (H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~)
-Priecia (Prism Ark)
-Fate (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's)
-Caro (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS)
-Yuuko Amamiya (ef ~A Tale of Memories/Melodies~)
-Yomi (Ga-Rei -Zero-)
-Nanaka (Myself; Yourself)
-Reika (Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun)
-Rika Furude (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/Kai)
-Hanyuu Furude (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai)
-Riko (Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~)
-Tamao (Strawberry Panic)
-Nagisa (Strawberry Panic)
-C.C. (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion)
-Makoto (Kanon 2002/2006)
-Mai (Kanon 2002/2006)
-Chikane Himemiya (Kannazuki no Miko)
-Kaon (Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora)
-Hazuki (Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito/Touka Gettan)
-Hatsumi (Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito/Touka Gettan)
-Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
-Nagi Sanzenin (Hayate no Gotoku)
-Hinagiku Katsura (Hayate no Gotoku)
-Yami (To Love-Ru)
-Mikan (To Love-Ru)
-Sora Kasugano (Yosuga no Sora -In Solitude Where We Are Least Alone-)
-Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia Knight of Ratatoskr)
-Haruka Nogizaka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
-Mika Nogizaka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
-Alistia Rein (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza)
-Kotori Shirakawa (Da Capo)
-Nanaka Shirakawa (Da Capo II)
-Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
-Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
-Sheryl Nome (Macross Frontier)
-Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier)
-Tomoyo Sakagami (Clannad)
-Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
-Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
-Index (To Aru Majutsu no Index)
-Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
-Mana (Gigantic Formula)
-Nagi (Kannagi)
-Yumemi Hidaka (Munto)
-Rina Ogata (White Album)
-Azusa Nakano (K-ON!)
-Nodoka Haramura (Saki)
-Amae Koromo (Saki)
-Kanade (Asura Cryin')
-Misao (Asura Cryin')
-Misaki (Hatsukoi Limited)
-Koyoi (Hatsukoi Limited)
-Excel (Kurokami)
-Rouge (Basquash!)
-Citron (Basquash!)
-Alice (Pandora Hearts)
-Ada (Pandora Hearts)
-Sengoku Nadeko (Bakemonogatari)
-Shizuku Sakurai (Candy Boy)
-Seika Houjouin (Princess Lover!)
-Airi (Queen's Blade)
-Mafuyu (Seitokai no Ichizon)
-Kaede Sakura (Kampfer)
-Chise and Chiho (Kobato)
-Belphegor (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Lucifer (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Frederica Bernkastel (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Kukuri Tachibana (11eyes)
-Nymph (Sora no Otoshimono)
-Mina Tepes (Dance in the Vampire Bund)
-Kureha Suminoya (Sora no Woto)
-Sylvette Suede (Letter Bee)
-Fumino Serizawa (Mayoi Neko Overrun!)
-Yui (Angel Beats!)
-Kanade Tachibana/Tenshi (Angel Beats!)
-Poplar Taneshima (Working!!)
-Togame (Katanagatari)
-Hitei (Katanagatari)
-Aoba Tsukishima (Cross Game)
-Haruka Morishima (Amagami SS)
-Amu Hinamori (Shugo Chara!)
-Rima Mashiro (Shugo Chara!)
-Ryouko Ookami (Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi)
-Hitoha Marui (Mitsudomoe)
-Kirino Kousaka (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Kuroneko/Ruri Gokou (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Ayase Aragaki (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Mio Isurugi (MM!)
-Zakuro (Otome Youkai Zakuro)
-Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail)
-Mirajane (Fairy Tail)
-Stocking (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
-Tsukasa Ayatasuji (Amagami SS)
-Feldt Grace (Gundam 00)
-Mileina Vashti (Gundam 00)
-Saori Chiba (Hourou Musuko)
-Homura Akemi (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
-Anjou Naruko (Ano Hana)
-Mashu ([C])
-Aria Kanzaki (Hidan no Aria)
-Victorique de Blois (Gosick)
-Naruko Anjou (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai)
-Yuina Wakura (Hanasaku Iroha)

< Back to Episode Playback Help >

Topic Options Closed Topic Start new topicStart Poll