Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Heroic Age, another mecha series

Pages: (10) « First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 
Mowerman-dono   Sempais Oct 04 2007, 12:53 AM Quote
Heh, I just noticed the title of this anime. It is by far, not just another mecha anime. The Heroic tribe were not mechs. The only mecha in the entire series are the special squadron designated to protect Deinera. Excellent story. Wonderful ending.

AnimeWiz07-de gozaru~   Sempais Oct 04 2007, 05:50 AM Quote
indeed a good ending but the only issue this anime had was its length.... should have made it shorter by cutting out the laser flashshows each episode, nonetheless the story itself was good

OffC3nter-chan   Oct 04 2007, 12:39 PM Quote
Great series, awesome ending, nice contrast to the sadder endings i'd witnessed this season from DtB and Toward the Terra, I'm kinda with AnimeWiz, not that it was too long, but i could have gone without some of the eps where the only dialog was "raawwrrr!!!", while entertaining i kinda got the feeling myself that i just wanted it to move on and continue the story. Great show def makes it on my top 10

Hyuuga Hakke Kūshō   Sempais Oct 04 2007, 02:11 PM Quote
I'll echo the comments. This was truly a good anime. This was my surprise of the season.

Animewiz has a point I think if the series was shorter it would have a more dramatic impact but overall nice ending even though it was predictable.

I was glad none of the nodos were destroyed because they weren't bad just conflicting contracts

apoc14a-san   Oct 04 2007, 04:00 PM Quote
aww man i cant wait to watch the last episode i just hope they make a good ending, xD lets go!. oh yeh no second season right guys?( it probably dun need it but making sure )

smokie-sama   Retired Oct 04 2007, 04:30 PM Quote
It is over. Heroic Age was good but not great. I can't really say I will miss it like I do Gurren Lagann or Lucky Star or even Seto no Hanayome.

I just noticed something. The show really isn't a mecha. Hell I would barely even consider it space opera. I think the only reason I watched was to be able to say I had watched it........well that and the twins.

In any case goodbye Heroic Age hello new Fall season.

Fansub TV Corrupter of Souls
Aniki. Proud leader and founder of Fansub TV's Dai Gurren-Dan.
~Do the Impossible, See the Invisible~
~Grow, Grow, Fight the Power~
~Touch the Untouchable, Break the Unbreakable~
~Grow, Grow, Fight the Power~

ser4-dono   Sempais Oct 04 2007, 05:07 PM Quote
well it was kind of interesting but the ending was kind of weird did they go to the ...where the gold people are or did they stay on that planet

GERBER-san   Oct 05 2007, 12:34 PM Quote
MAN, EPISODE 25 WAS KIND OF WIERD AT THE END, WELL THIS SHOW PREATTY GOOD I GUESS. STILL HAVEN'T SEEN EPISODE 26, SO UNTIL I WATCH IT, WITCH WILL BE NEXT WEEK I'LL COMENT ON IT. MY FAVE CHARACTERS ARE TAYL AND MAYL, FUNNY SISTERS WHEN THERE TAKIN CARE AOF AGE. PAINT FIGHT!

animefreak619-chi   Oct 05 2007, 03:06 PM Quote
ah the ending.... it was good cant say it sucked or it was remarkable but it was ok.
still the ending with age is a bit noticable i mean i knew he was gonna come back but 4 years?

Deianera 4 years later rules!!!!!! biggrin.gif

still i dont get it why did the bronze tribe and the silver tribe go through the portal again? i just didnt get it. haha i forgot XDD

EDIT: ok now i get it they just wanted to go cuz they felt like it. lol

htcheng-chi   Oct 05 2007, 11:04 PM Quote
QUOTE (smokie @ Oct 04 2007, 04:30 PM)
It is over. Heroic Age was good but not great. I can't really say I will miss it like I do Gurren Lagann or Lucky Star or even Seto no Hanayome.

I just noticed something. The show really isn't a mecha. Hell I would barely even consider it space opera. I think the only reason I watched was to be able to say I had watched it........well that and the twins.

In any case goodbye Heroic Age hello new Fall season.

Nah for me Heroic Age was the best definitely one of my favorite show of all time if not then is definitely a top 3 this season in my book, only one that even come close is Seto no Hanayome. I really was surprise that this anime turn out so good, cause hearing an anime name Heroic Age I thought it was goner be cheesy but very glad it surprise me. biggrin.gif

But lucky Star and Gurren Lagann is just bad for me, Lucky Star has no plot and Gurren Lagann I totally absolutely hate its art style watch the first few episode and can't stand it and drop it. I don't know I just hate that kind of 70's look art style, but don't get me wrong story might be nice, but is just not for me when I can't stand looking at its character design then I can't enjoy the story and the show.

Heroic Age and Seto no Hanayome is definitely my favorite show this season, Claymore was very very close but once it reach episode 20+ and it go with original anime story I drop it immediately, since I am a manga reader can't stand the changing of the story no matter how good it maybe.

misha-dono   Retired Oct 06 2007, 02:08 PM Quote
Heyas,

Heroic Age has made me think that mayhaps one of it's inspirations was "Babylon 5" - specifically the Tribes remind me of the First Ones (it's the designs of the Silver Tribe's ships that makes me think that). The Bronze Tribe are reminiscent of the Shadows, with their use of biomechanical ships. And maybe the Iron Tribe are perhaps the precursors of Humans? (before the manipulation of the 'Younger Races' by the Vorlons). And the Golden Tribe are where Lorien (THE 'First One') comes from?

Still, this has been an extremely intelligent anime with a thoughtful plot, for people to get their 'mental teeth' into. Heh, that, and the fact that Yukari Tamura is one of the Seiyuus in this (Tayl Ol Mehilm) doesn't do any harm! I suggest that people rewatch it again, to get the full nuances of the subtle plotline, or anyone who hasn't seen it yet, I can highly recommend it; those with ADHD expecting flashy graphics & explosions every 30 seconds need not apply. For everyone else, it's "Gurren Lagann" with an IQ.

AccipiterF1-sama   Fansub TV Team Oct 22 2007, 10:49 AM Quote
A sweet story, beautifully rendederd, with a completly satisfying ending. This Anime was nearly perfect.

eternal.snow   Dec 18 2007, 08:51 AM Quote
Great anime. awesome ending.
one of my fav anime smile.gif

apoc14a-san   Dec 31 2007, 03:00 PM Quote
damn finally got a chance to see the last two episodes.
Really loved this anime, and oh man the ending was pretty cool.
This was one of the good animes this year loved this one.

NinjaDuck-chi   Jan 07 2008, 10:23 AM Quote
After downloading this over a coupla days, and watching it in as many, all I can say is (o.O) wow

And if you aren't all, leik, aww *sniff* in the closing scenes of the final ep, then.. well.. you have a cold cold heart.. and you don't like puppies and stuff.

/me adds Heroic Age to his boxset purchase wishlist.. for when it gets licenced in Australia.. in .. oh .. typically a year or two from now..? (¬.¬) pfft. Stoopud anime industry, dragging its ass when its chief demographic are online otaku who want their goodies now now now.. what the hell..? Writing out their own inevitable bankruptcy mission statements if u ask me.. But I digress..

One final burning question: That anime advertisement in the final seconds of the provided Your-Mom encode [Your-Mom]_Heroic_Age_-_26_-_END_[2A0EB71C].mkv where the girl is doing some Trinity style Matrix bullet-time above the coffee table.. what anime is that!?! It's very Fooly Cooly :D bwaha!

Me want. Ug.

Have fun & mung beans,
Luv, Duck.

shii393-chi   Apr 07 2008, 07:41 PM Quote
I really like this story; is there manga that you can read and also anyone knows the story continue little longer? Please, is anyone know?

AccipiterF1-sama   Fansub TV Team Apr 08 2008, 09:51 AM Quote
There is a manga but it isn't being scanlated.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=13784

senpai-kun-nakama   Fansub TV Team Jun 30 2008, 04:55 PM Quote
Funimation just licensed Heroic Age.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...eroic-age-anime

I remember only getting through the first 4 episodes of this series before I ultimately dropped it/put it on hold. Who knows, this is one anime I might actually try and watch the dubbed dvd's instead of finishing the subbed version.

user posted image
It's too big (big), It's too wide (wide), It's too strong (strong), It won't fit (fit), It's too much (much), It's too tough (tough) Senpai talk like this cause he can back it up (In 3rd-person), He got a big ego, Such a huge ego (see ftv awards below), We love his big ego, it's too much, Senpai walk like this 'cause he can back it up! (Parody of Beyoncé - Ego)
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (10) « First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll