Lucky Star

• Please log in to reply
1006 replies to this topic

#181 Juhachi

Juhachi

-Key Master にははっ~

• Sempais
  • 1959 posts
  • Location:Kami, Hyougo, Japan in the summer and Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan in the winter.
  • Interests:I'm trying to find some new unlicensed anime to add to my collection. I love anime and manga and can't get enough of it, plus I'm flexible, and will watch almost anything.<br><br>Promoted to the Sempai level on January 31, 2007.

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (jiuuri @ May 05 2007, 04:16 AM)
That's one Good point. It seemed that LC was pointing the fact that "Yutaka Yamamoto has not reached the standard of director" (Aww..Doesn't that sounds quite harsh..?) by making a scene of Konata getting dissapointed over the quality of Haruhi ep9.. i wonder what's the censored "thing"  she said..

They censored out the director's name is all. I thought it was great how they put the Haruhi references directly into the anime even though Haruhi wasn't an anime back when this series was just a manga. rolleyes.gif I'm pretty sure Yamamoto directed 1, 9 and 12, though I liked all those episodes. Yes, the Yuki scenes from episode 9 were long and dawn out and made no sense, but that entire episode (nay, the entire series), was meant to be weird like that. Plus, I love the rain, so having an episode about a gloomy overcast day that ends with it raining instantly made it one of my favorites of the series. And 1 and 12 were awesome too, IMO; Yamamoto really isn't that bad, or as bad as KyoAni is saying he is. dry.gif

Anyway, loved the other otaku references in this episode, like the Haruhi Ultra Director armband that Konata gave Kagami, or the ToHeart uniform she gave Tsukasa, and then remarking that their uniforms were almost exactly alike, which I think someone pointed out in this very thread earlier. XD

So far, episode 4 has been the best, and since episode 1 it has progressively been getting better. Now with the director change, I believe it is expected to get even better.

Oh, and of course I cannot forget the totally awesome Kanon reference near the beginning of the episode; Lucky Star 4 pwned all! biggrin.gif
Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

#182 hideto

hideto

-san

• Kouhais
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:23 AM

I re-watched a.f.k's release, and I noticed sth. Heh. ph34r.gif
http://img516.images...ololololjq5.jpg
user posted image

#183 mamori

mamori

-sama

• Sempais
  • 1353 posts
  • Interests:anime, mythology, writing, geology

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (hideto @ May 06 2007, 02:23 AM)

im guessing that's Konata, unless her mom was a Loli who also had blue hair.
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

COI/Claimed
Kohaku: Tsukihime
Satsuki: Tsukihime
Sakura: Fate/Stay Night
Hanyuu: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Suigintou: Rozen Maiden
Tsuruya: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Wilhelmina: Shakugan no Shana
Kuroi-Sensei: Lucky Star
Horo: Spice and Wolf
Fuko Ibuki: Clannad
Maria: Hayate no Gotoku!

#184 Barbobot

Barbobot

-the Pirate King

• Fansub TV Team
  • 4327 posts
  • Interests:Barbobot's Anime List:
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Barbobot

www.animecalendar.net

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:37 AM

I saw that picture in the background of LC's version, but I couldn't figure out who it was. My original guess was that it would be just an easter egg type of thing and be another reference to a different anime, but when I paused it wasn't clear enough to tell who it was.

#185 hideto

hideto

-san

• Kouhais
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:39 AM

I was thinking that the person in the photo looked too composed to be Konata. biggrin.gif
Oh well. I got the idea when she said that her mom had passed away.
user posted image

#186 jiuuri

jiuuri

-chan

• Kouhais
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:20 AM

Lol Didn't saw that one coming.. (I'm 'too busy' watching Kona-chan XP)

I think that's her mother since most anime always use that kind of concept where the protagonist have a photograph of his/her late mother wearing a white one-piece dress with a big summer hat posing on a sunny day...

If i'm not mistaken,Fullmetal Alchemist,Cardcaptor Sakura and Bleach also used the same concept...

user posted image

#187 Marine-RX179

Marine-RX179

-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)

• Fansub TV Team
  • 2892 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:51 AM

I'm guess that person in the picture in the background really is Konata's mum. Because that cupboard thing which the photo is put at...for Japanese tradition it is usually where they put picture of their deceased family member.

#188 Juhachi

Juhachi

-Key Master にははっ~

• Sempais
  • 1959 posts
  • Location:Kami, Hyougo, Japan in the summer and Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan in the winter.
  • Interests:I'm trying to find some new unlicensed anime to add to my collection. I love anime and manga and can't get enough of it, plus I'm flexible, and will watch almost anything.<br><br>Promoted to the Sempai level on January 31, 2007.

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (jiuuri @ May 06 2007, 04:20 AM)
I think that's her mother since most anime always use that kind of concept where the protagonist have a photograph of his/her late mother wearing a white one-piece dress with a big summer hat posing on a sunny day...

...By God you're right man; I totally didn't see that, or the picture. rolleyes.gif Yeah, it's most likely Konata's late mother. Also, there seem to be candle stick to the left and right...
Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

#189 tonifreyr

tonifreyr

-dono

• Kouhais
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:My interests are, anime(obviously) playing drums and surgeries(I wanna be a doctor) girls and ranting, as you will probably see if you read my posts<br>Oh! and computer games(especally the gory ones GO Prey :D<br>FAVORITE ANIME OF ALL TIME<br>EVANGELION

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:49 PM

wow, just how many times did you watch this to notice that?
I dont think I would ever have noticed it if you hadnt pointed it out
amazing tongue.gif
user posted image

#190 smokie

smokie

-sama

• Retired
  • 1266 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Science fiction, fantasy, comics(western and manga), action figures, video games.<br><br>I am an asshole. I tend to be rude and outrageous at times. I will insult your favorite anime series or character at some point in time. Whats more I will probably enjoy doing so. I'm also FTV's Corrupter of Souls and probably the closest thing we have to a troll here but thats only if I'm in a bad mood and a few select people get on my nerves. In short don't take what I say too seriously. <br><br>My Harem(WIP)<br>Minami Iwasaki from Lucky Star.<br>Jean from Claymore.<br>Kagaimi. Yukino's mother from Nagasarete Airantou.<br>Scarlet Claw from Re:Cutie Honey.<br>Asami from Mushi-Uta.<br>Kudryavka Noumi from Little Busters!<br>Yuiko Kurugaya from Little Busters!<br>Sasami Sasasegawa from Little Busters!<br>Rin Natsume from Little Busters!<br>Mio Nishizono from Little Busters!<br>Kanata Futaki from Little Busters!<br><br>Thats right I have done a claim on the majority of the girls from Little Busters! with no anime adaptation in sight. I'm evil and I know it.<br><br>I'm also an Apprentice Key Master but I took that out of my sig since it was getting too cluttered.

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:42 PM

Hideto-chan..Good job! *thumbs up and wink*
Fansub TV Corrupter of Souls
Aniki. Proud leader and founder of Fansub TV's Dai Gurren-Dan.
~Do the Impossible, See the Invisible~
~Grow, Grow, Fight the Power~
~Touch the Untouchable, Break the Unbreakable~

#191 cobaph

cobaph

-chi

• Kouhais
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:19 AM

Mini Akuma on her desk?

http://img352.images...06180716wp2.jpg
user posted image
user posted image

#192 hideto

hideto

-san

• Kouhais
  • 288 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:13 AM

wow, just how many times did you watch this to notice that?
I dont think I would ever have noticed it if you hadnt pointed it out
amazing 

3 times. I was trying to understand the whole Yamamoto thing.
Hideto-chan..Good job! *thumbs up and wink*

Thank you smile.gif !
QUOTE (cobaph @ May 06 2007, 07:19 PM)
Mini Akuma on her desk?

http://img352.images...06180716wp2.jpg

Street fighter's Akuma? If it is, she must have really been a fan of SF.
user posted image

#193 smokie

smokie

-sama

• Retired
  • 1266 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Science fiction, fantasy, comics(western and manga), action figures, video games.<br><br>I am an asshole. I tend to be rude and outrageous at times. I will insult your favorite anime series or character at some point in time. Whats more I will probably enjoy doing so. I'm also FTV's Corrupter of Souls and probably the closest thing we have to a troll here but thats only if I'm in a bad mood and a few select people get on my nerves. In short don't take what I say too seriously. <br><br>My Harem(WIP)<br>Minami Iwasaki from Lucky Star.<br>Jean from Claymore.<br>Kagaimi. Yukino's mother from Nagasarete Airantou.<br>Scarlet Claw from Re:Cutie Honey.<br>Asami from Mushi-Uta.<br>Kudryavka Noumi from Little Busters!<br>Yuiko Kurugaya from Little Busters!<br>Sasami Sasasegawa from Little Busters!<br>Rin Natsume from Little Busters!<br>Mio Nishizono from Little Busters!<br>Kanata Futaki from Little Busters!<br><br>Thats right I have done a claim on the majority of the girls from Little Busters! with no anime adaptation in sight. I'm evil and I know it.<br><br>I'm also an Apprentice Key Master but I took that out of my sig since it was getting too cluttered.

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (hideto @ May 07 2007, 12:13 AM)
Street fighter's Akuma? If it is, she must have really been a fan of SF.

She did beat up Guile in episode 1. LOL! laugh.gif
Fansub TV Corrupter of Souls
Aniki. Proud leader and founder of Fansub TV's Dai Gurren-Dan.
~Do the Impossible, See the Invisible~
~Touch the Untouchable, Break the Unbreakable~

#194 Mowerman

Mowerman

-dono

• Sempais
  • 754 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:13 PM

I started watching this one because it was done by the guys who made Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'm not impressed so far. The shows are too short and the need for the little commentary at the end of each episode, while sometimes hilarious, is already getting old, at episode 3.

#195 Marine-RX179

Marine-RX179

-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)

• Fansub TV Team
  • 2892 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (Mowerman @ May 09 2007, 07:13 AM)
I started watching this one because it was done by the guys who made Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.  I'm not impressed so far.  The shows are too short and the need for the little commentary at the end of each episode, while sometimes hilarious, is already getting old, at episode 3.

Unfortunately there are lots of otaku references...so if you can't get the references, it's very difficult to get 'fired up' with the show.

As for the lucky channel...I get what you mean. It's not that it is completely boring or anything...it does has funny moments, but I also prefer to watch the actual story of Lucky Star too.

Oh and for episode 5 ED, Konata aka Aya Hirano is singing the OP of Dragonball Z this time biggrin.gif

As for why Konata's dad know how to tie a sash...I'm guessing that's might be because he's always tie the sash for konata's mom laugh.gif And regarding Konata's mom and the picture in question before, I'm done a little info searching and apparently Konata's mom looked exactly the same as Konata (as in an adult who looked identical her!! laugh.gif ) That makes lots of people question/wonder if Konata's dad is a lolicon...lol

#196 Hyuuga

Hyuuga

Hakke Kūshō

• Sempais
  • 2401 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (Mowerman @ May 09 2007, 07:13 AM)
I started watching this one because it was done by the guys who made Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'm not impressed so far. The shows are too short and the need for the little commentary at the end of each episode, while sometimes hilarious, is already getting old, at episode 3.

I understand how you feel but its finally starting to grow on me. I felt the same way after the first episode.

I'll ride it out and see where it goes
user posted image
All hail BRFCFC!!

#197 Mowerman

Mowerman

-dono

• Sempais
  • 754 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:08 PM

When I said not impressed I was referring to the design. The pictures are not as detailed as I would expect the crew from TMoHS to produce. It looks like they took a big leap backwards or rushed it too much.

#198 misha

misha

-dono

• Retired
  • 608 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:49 PM

Heyas,

As Konata has the :3 mouth, I guess her as a Neko would be inevitable:

user posted image

Nya!

Oh, and this is what I think the OP lyrics sound like:

'Eye my sausage! So you'll pwn me a colder guy? Choad!
A goony goon seifuku, love Rita Goldeneye? Boon!
Gone bot chow not not now zone Tokyo, chant "release" yo!
I say (FOO!) I say (FOO!)
Tonnymonny my darling darling Wii!'

#199 tonifreyr

tonifreyr

-dono

• Kouhais
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:My interests are, anime(obviously) playing drums and surgeries(I wanna be a doctor) girls and ranting, as you will probably see if you read my posts<br>Oh! and computer games(especally the gory ones GO Prey :D<br>FAVORITE ANIME OF ALL TIME<br>EVANGELION

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:09 PM

Anyone catch the fate/stay night, konata was holding a magasine withe the picture of Archer on it.
I thought this episode took a turn for the better, the scenes where they talk about nothing are way fewer now

btw..... dont you think they looked cute in their yukata's wink.gif
user posted image

#200 Marine-RX179

Marine-RX179

-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)

• Fansub TV Team
  • 2892 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Mowerman @ May 09 2007, 08:08 AM)
When I said not impressed I was referring to the design.  The pictures are not as detailed as I would expect the crew from TMoHS to produce.  It looks like they took a big leap backwards or rushed it too much.

Mowerman, I think you need to learn more about anime. It's not that KyoAni messed up in the quality of the animation, but is actually that for the original manga...the character design and backgrounds are like that.

Anime studios usually would do the character designs and details of the background basing on the original. And with Lucky Star manga being a 4 koma manga (4-panels comic), humour is more of a focus than the art.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users