Lucky Star

• Please log in to reply
1006 replies to this topic

#861 Shinobu's_Lover

Shinobu's_Lover

-sama

• Kouhais
  • 1468 posts
  • Interests:Shinobu, Nodoka, Anime, Manga, Fanfiction, need I say more?

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:44 PM

Lucky Star has been licensed. Although not officially announced yet there is proof that Bandai has gotten it already.

Loven Shinobu since 1999!
user posted image
Looking for these songs:

German OP theme song to Sailor Moon
Nicole Price & Brynne Price Sailor Moon Theme (S.A.F. Club Mix)
Motteke! Sailor Fuku [Choushi Koite Gyokusai Mix]

#862 chiisai_hana

chiisai_hana

-nipah!

• Retired
  • 3733 posts
  • Interests:Likes: dramas, yaoi manga, kpop, jpop, collecting doujinshi, cooking and baking, anything cute, trying (and failing!) to learn Asian languages

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:03 PM

The Lucky Star clip from the fourth Haruhi DVD can be viewed on this page. It's announced as a title which is "coming soon".
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Proud Member of the SSS (Suki Suki Sia-chan)
It's all about the pretty boys: Yaoi Anime, Yaoi Manga
Love FSTV? Leave a thanks for the team :)

Forum Rules :: Download FAQ :: My FTV Blog

#863 smokie

smokie

-sama

• Retired
  • 1266 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Science fiction, fantasy, comics(western and manga), action figures, video games.<br><br>I am an asshole. I tend to be rude and outrageous at times. I will insult your favorite anime series or character at some point in time. Whats more I will probably enjoy doing so. I'm also FTV's Corrupter of Souls and probably the closest thing we have to a troll here but thats only if I'm in a bad mood and a few select people get on my nerves. In short don't take what I say too seriously. <br><br>My Harem(WIP)<br>Minami Iwasaki from Lucky Star.<br>Jean from Claymore.<br>Kagaimi. Yukino's mother from Nagasarete Airantou.<br>Scarlet Claw from Re:Cutie Honey.<br>Asami from Mushi-Uta.<br>Kudryavka Noumi from Little Busters!<br>Yuiko Kurugaya from Little Busters!<br>Sasami Sasasegawa from Little Busters!<br>Rin Natsume from Little Busters!<br>Mio Nishizono from Little Busters!<br>Kanata Futaki from Little Busters!<br><br>Thats right I have done a claim on the majority of the girls from Little Busters! with no anime adaptation in sight. I'm evil and I know it.<br><br>I'm also an Apprentice Key Master but I took that out of my sig since it was getting too cluttered.

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:41 AM

I don't see Lucky Star as something that would do well outside of Japan. Only hardcore moe mongrels and pedos would even consider buying it and the numbers just aren't there for this to seem like a good financial decision.
Fansub TV Corrupter of Souls
Aniki. Proud leader and founder of Fansub TV's Dai Gurren-Dan.
~Do the Impossible, See the Invisible~
~Grow, Grow, Fight the Power~
~Touch the Untouchable, Break the Unbreakable~

#864 Shinobu's_Lover

Shinobu's_Lover

-sama

• Kouhais
  • 1468 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (smokie @ Oct 30 2007, 08:41 PM)
I don't see Lucky Star as something that would do well outside of Japan. Only hardcore moe mongrels and pedos would even consider buying it and the numbers just aren't there for this to seem like a good financial decision.

THAT'S what they said about the Love Hina manga. Well we all know how that turned out. wink.gif
user posted image
Looking for these songs:

#865 khael

khael

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ being Meguca is suffering

• Sempais
  • 1394 posts
  • Location:Room 29A, 1232 Lightbringer Building Adversary St. cor. Queens St., 6th Circle Hellstown
  • Interests:Anime! And gaming! And money!

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:37 PM

The problem with this is most of the jokes in Lucky Star can only be understood by Japs and otaku themselves... If they plan to dub it then there'd be a serious problem...
user posted image

"If it's for the sake of seeing others suffer, no effort is too great." ~Prince Baka

If you're going to enforce rules, don't be a hypocrite. You know who you are.

Things to note when reading my posts:
I have bad memory.
I'm like that anime character who's bad with names. I'm literally bad with names and faces.
I'm tired of political correctness/correctness in general, screw that, this is the internet.
Spelling liek dis doesn't necessitate illiteracy. U call it linguistic anarchy i.e. being lazy.
Also, I ****ed YOU'RE mom.

#866 Shinobu's_Lover

Shinobu's_Lover

-sama

• Kouhais
  • 1468 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:58 PM

Hey i GOT alot of the jokes because they mostly dealt with everyday life situations.

such as when Tsukasa was trying to go to bed and she either ended up too hot or too cold lol That happens to me alot.
user posted image
Looking for these songs:

#867 khael

khael

• Sempais
  • 1394 posts
  • Location:Room 29A, 1232 Lightbringer Building Adversary St. cor. Queens St., 6th Circle Hellstown

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:04 PM

Of course there are those jokes [My favorite was the mosquito, actually tried it]. But what about the deep otaku jokes, also include the cultural puns and other Japanese media references. If they're including a guidebook i think it would help the people who don't get it to understand the puns and references.
user posted image

"If it's for the sake of seeing others suffer, no effort is too great." ~Prince Baka

I have bad memory.
I'm like that anime character who's bad with names. I'm literally bad with names and faces.
I'm tired of political correctness/correctness in general, screw that, this is the internet.
Spelling liek dis doesn't necessitate illiteracy. U call it linguistic anarchy i.e. being lazy.

#868 chiisai_hana

chiisai_hana

-nipah!

• Retired
  • 3733 posts
  • Interests:Likes: dramas, yaoi manga, kpop, jpop, collecting doujinshi, cooking and baking, anything cute, trying (and failing!) to learn Asian languages

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:15 PM

Haruhi had quite a few of those "deep" jokes as well, and the series seems to be doing fine. Now, it might be harder with Lucky Star since there is no real plot but I'm sure they can adapt it somehow. Though, if they cater to the fans like they did with Haruhi and add a ton of extras and really promote it, I think they'll do fine. I'd be more inclined to buy this show than Haruhi, myself.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Proud Member of the SSS (Suki Suki Sia-chan)
It's all about the pretty boys: Yaoi Anime, Yaoi Manga
Love FSTV? Leave a thanks for the team :)

Forum Rules :: Download FAQ :: My FTV Blog

#869 Shinobu's_Lover

Shinobu's_Lover

-sama

• Kouhais
  • 1468 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:38 PM

Just thought I'd share a little present with everyone. Don't worry It's harmless and is Lucky Star bassed.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=07QTM13T
user posted image
Looking for these songs:

#870 khael

khael

• Sempais
  • 1394 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:47 PM

OOOH a present!1!! Can't wait...

BTW Pani Poni Dash got licensed right? How did the company [Dunno who licensed it.] solve the problem of the cultural puns and deep jokes? Esp. the on screen news thingy...

The fansubs that used to sub PPD included a .pdf file that explains all the puns and jokes on the episode. I think this method will allow the viewers to appreciate the originality of the show more.

-EDITED-

WTF!!!! KEWL!!!

Don't you have the other three? And what program did you use to make this? Oh, and what program do you use to run it? KAKKOIIII!!!! [Did i spell it right?]

Thanks~~~!!! (^0^)y
user posted image

I have bad memory.

#871 Shinobu's_Lover

Shinobu's_Lover

-sama

• Kouhais
  • 1468 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (khael @ Oct 31 2007, 11:47 AM)
-EDITED-

WTF!!!! KEWL!!!

Don't you have the other three? And what program did you use to make this? Oh, and what program do you use to run it? KAKKOIIII!!!! [Did i spell it right?]

Thanks~~~!!! (^0^)y

1. She's the only one that has been made so far.
2. I found this.
3. You should just be able to click on it and it'll install itself and an icon should appear so you'd be able to turn it on and off.... i think.
4. "Kawaii" is how it is spelled.
5. Your welcome.
user posted image
Looking for these songs:

#872 khael

khael

• Sempais
  • 1394 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:30 PM

I meant to say the Japanese word for cool, not cute... XD

Well anyways, if you find more please megaupload it again~!

BTW, you said Lucky Star got licensed, will they dub it or sub it? Did they say anything about that? And will they release it in countries other than the US?
user posted image

I have bad memory.

#873 Shinobu's_Lover

Shinobu's_Lover

-sama

• Kouhais
  • 1468 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:39 PM

There is a link toa teaser trailer in the post just below ther eone i made when i announced the licenseing.
user posted image
Looking for these songs:

#874 langes01x

langes01x

-dono

• Sempais
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Besides anime and the occasional manga I like fantasy and sci-fi books, computer games (particularly RPG and RTS) and programming.

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:40 PM

Actually it's 'kakkoii' if you meant 'cool' so yeah you got it right.

As far as I know nearly every anime when licensed comes out with both dub and subs. So when you watch it on DVD you can choose between the English dub or Japanese audio+English subs.

#875 khael

khael

• Sempais
  • 1394 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:58 PM

I checked out the link but it didn't say anything about a dub.

Well anyways, if they do succeed on screwing up the subs, then i'm not gonna forgive them till the day i die...
user posted image

I have bad memory.

#876 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

~Posessed by the Phoenix~

• Fansub TV Team
  • 9009 posts
  • Interests:Anime, catgirls, bunnygirls, video games, Visual Novels, and maids so far.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:11 PM

You know I keept quiet about watching the whole series until now, since it just got licensed and all. It was good for a show about pratically nothing, and the Lucky Channel bits were actually the only thing that kept me watching the series. So my guess is they'll would probablly do a second season fo this after they do the so called second season of Haruhi. Although I could be wrong on that and though.
user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image

- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

#877 smokie

smokie

-sama

• Retired
  • 1266 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Science fiction, fantasy, comics(western and manga), action figures, video games.<br><br>I am an asshole. I tend to be rude and outrageous at times. I will insult your favorite anime series or character at some point in time. Whats more I will probably enjoy doing so. I'm also FTV's Corrupter of Souls and probably the closest thing we have to a troll here but thats only if I'm in a bad mood and a few select people get on my nerves. In short don't take what I say too seriously. <br><br>My Harem(WIP)<br>Minami Iwasaki from Lucky Star.<br>Jean from Claymore.<br>Kagaimi. Yukino's mother from Nagasarete Airantou.<br>Scarlet Claw from Re:Cutie Honey.<br>Asami from Mushi-Uta.<br>Kudryavka Noumi from Little Busters!<br>Yuiko Kurugaya from Little Busters!<br>Sasami Sasasegawa from Little Busters!<br>Rin Natsume from Little Busters!<br>Mio Nishizono from Little Busters!<br>Kanata Futaki from Little Busters!<br><br>Thats right I have done a claim on the majority of the girls from Little Busters! with no anime adaptation in sight. I'm evil and I know it.<br><br>I'm also an Apprentice Key Master but I took that out of my sig since it was getting too cluttered.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Nov 02 2007, 09:11 AM)
after they do the so called second season of Haruhi. Although I could be wrong on that and though.

Uh....... so called? Haruhi season 2 has been confirmed for months unless I missed something.
Fansub TV Corrupter of Souls
Aniki. Proud leader and founder of Fansub TV's Dai Gurren-Dan.
~Do the Impossible, See the Invisible~
~Touch the Untouchable, Break the Unbreakable~

#878 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

~Posessed by the Phoenix~

• Fansub TV Team
  • 9009 posts
  • Interests:Anime, catgirls, bunnygirls, video games, Visual Novels, and maids so far.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:43 PM

Well I wasn't sure if we were going to get any fansubs from that second season or not, that was the only thing I wasn't sure of. So I wasn't sure if they did have the green light for that or not since I thought it was just a rumor at this time.
user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image

- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

#879 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • 10929 posts
  • Interests:Watching anime since childhood.<br>I wait for quality releases. Need recommendations? Just ask.<br><br>Lurked Fansub TV since November 2004<br>Joined Fansub TV Forums in December 2005<br>Sempai in June 2006<br>Fansub TV Team in October 2006<br>10000th post in July 2011<br>Fansub TV Leader in January 2011<br><br>Interested in revitalizing Fansub TV Forums. Support requested.

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:54 PM

Well today Bandai and Kadokawa Pictures released their press release on Lucky Star:
CODE
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2007-11-06/bandai-entertainment-inc-to-release-kadokawa's-anime-series-lucky-star

They basically are hoping to get US fans from the Haruhi dance in I think episode 16.

EDIT: Link fixed using langes01x's method.

Edited by Kit-Tsukasa, 07 November 2007 - 03:37 AM.

#880 Shinobu's_Lover

Shinobu's_Lover

-sama

• Kouhais
  • 1468 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Nov 06 2007, 05:54 PM)
Well today Bandai and Kadokawa Pictures released their press release on Lucky Star:
http://www.animenews...ries-lucky-star

They basically are hoping to get US fans from the Haruhi dance in I think episode 16.

Link doesn't work dry.gif
user posted image
Looking for these songs:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users