Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Lucky Star, kyoto production..moe..moe... >o<

Pages: (51) 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... Last »
smokie-sama   Retired Apr 16 2007, 02:43 PM Quote
Episode 2 is awesome. A big improvement over 1. I can see Shonen Jump making a dentist manga now that will eventually have an anime adaptation lol. It almost seems like a Gurren-Lagann reference. And OMG Harry Potter! I didn't know if it was big in Japan or what but it must have some sort of following. I also think there was a small Yaitake Japan! reference.

Damn my above post is incoherent. I guess that should confirm the crazy awesomness of episode 2.

Fansub TV Corrupter of Souls
Aniki. Proud leader and founder of Fansub TV's Dai Gurren-Dan.
~Do the Impossible, See the Invisible~
~Grow, Grow, Fight the Power~
~Touch the Untouchable, Break the Unbreakable~
~Grow, Grow, Fight the Power~

hollygolightly-chi   Apr 17 2007, 01:03 AM Quote
QUOTE (smokie @ Apr 16 2007, 02:43 PM)
Episode 2 is awesome. A big improvement over 1. I can see Shonen Jump making a dentist manga now that will eventually have an anime adaptation lol. It almost seems like a Gurren-Lagann reference. And OMG Harry Potter! I didn't know if it was big in Japan or what but it must have some sort of following. I also think there was a small Yaitake Japan! reference.

Damn my above post is incoherent. I guess that should confirm the crazy awesomness of episode 2.

yeah and sorry for the haruhi suzmiya comparison(theres like a million of them) but remember the first episode completely threw people off and wasnt that great unless you saw the rest of the show and it made sense:)

Kazin-san   Apr 17 2007, 06:39 AM Quote
After watching the first two episodes of this, I'd like to believe Konata and I are kindred spirits. For somereason I saw so much of myself in that tiny little blue-haired kid it was laughable, like over break how she bummed all of her homework of her friends, how she ended up sitting on her computer the entire time, how she plays 18+ ero-games, her interest in anime/manga, and pretty much her overall laziness. I'm sure theres more... I just can't think of anything.

And yea.. who-ever said it I agree... she does look alot like a blue haired Shana. It's probably the little piece of hair sticking out of her head.

"America may have some problems, but it's our home, our team. And if you don't want to root for your team, then you should get the hell out of the stadium."
-Stan Marsh

Hyuuga Hakke Kūshō   Sempais Apr 17 2007, 08:21 AM Quote
well episode 2 was bette than one still tryng to get a flow for this anime but its randomness is funny

Cody-chan   Apr 17 2007, 12:02 PM Quote
I carnt watch episode 2 because its in kmv formate and that messes pc up so than x for nothing this time who ever subs this series I enjoyed the manga version of this thoe and episode one was good.

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired Apr 17 2007, 05:57 PM Quote
QUOTE (Cody @ Apr 17 2007, 06:02 PM)
I carnt watch episode 2 because its in kmv format

Wait for a.f.k to release their version, they do conventional AVIs. Also, I have to say that you’re not missing much by waiting since the translation by LC (formerly SF-S) is pretty random, they don’t seem to be doing any QC on it, lots of typos, very much a speed sub, I think I’m going to wait for the a.f.k release from now on, or else try the JEEB one. (Trivial example of LC sub mistake: person approaches shop assistant, says "Sumimasen..." — they translated it as "Sorry" instead of "Excuse me")

WiND who did Higurashi have also started subbing it and do an Xvid/AVI version, I think we all agree they did a good job with Higurashi so there are at least two high quality subbers releasing in traditional AVI format if you are prepared to wait an extra day or two. However ftv picks up the first one to come out so direct downloaders will probably be stuck with LC’s speedsubs (hopefully they’ll improve, this is their first project so maybe I’m being a bit harsh on them.)

user posted image

ddhboy-chi   Apr 17 2007, 11:03 PM Quote
My favorite part of this show to be honest is the lucky channel segment. It seems like it really brings the show together, rather than having the show be a bunch of random jokes about stereotypical schoolgirl characters. Akira's switching from hyper to serious and her facial expressions are just priceless.

loli_ruri12-chan   Apr 18 2007, 06:42 AM Quote
Hoot!! Somebody help me! I can't stop the OP from buzzing in my ear all day long (the danger of listening to the same thing all over again for 1 whole day biggrin.gif )

Lucky Star has entered my list of favorite anime for this year. Although still no clear cut storyline, I think it's quite refreshing, like a talking dog laugh.gif . And I definitely put Miyuki-chan on the list of most kawaii anime girl, along with Nodoka of course. By the way, does anyone know whether Lucky Star has its own manga? (not the 4-panel comic strip, but a whole volume manga..).

Definitely want to see Konata-chan working at the cosplay cafe.. wink.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Thanks for the sig Kansa-sama! And my first time making a user bar. Comments appreciated.

jul10-mokyu   Retired Apr 18 2007, 02:16 PM Quote
lol another gundam - lucky star OP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMWHnD_ND-0...oetron%2Ecom%2F
The gundam toy that they use is similar with the suzumiya haruhi no yuutsuuu one....

chiisai_hana-nipah!   Retired Apr 18 2007, 03:15 PM Quote
QUOTE (loli_ruri12 @ Apr 18 2007, 08:42 AM)
By the way, does anyone know whether Lucky Star has its own manga? (not the 4-panel comic strip, but a whole volume manga..).

I believe the 4-panel strip is the manga, just as with Azumanga Daioh.

QUOTE (Wikipedia)
Lucky ☆ Star is a Japanese four-panel comic strip by Kagami Yoshimizu. The strip has been serialized in Kadokawa Shoten's Comptiq magazine since January 2004. .... Like many yonkoma (4-panel) comic strips, it has no real plot, and typically focuses on the daily lives of the characters.

I watched the first two episodes, and it is a rather quirky series. Enjoyable, and perhaps the next comedic-craze (just like Haruhi and Azumanga were). And they pay tribute to Navel laugh.gif

smokie-sama   Retired Apr 18 2007, 04:49 PM Quote
QUOTE (jul10 @ Apr 18 2007, 02:16 PM)
lol another gundam - lucky star OP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMWHnD_ND-0...oetron%2Ecom%2F
The gundam toy that they use is similar with the suzumiya haruhi no yuutsuuu one....

This is beautiful.

c1nd3r   Apr 18 2007, 05:59 PM Quote
The opening theme makes me want to kill myself.

/that is all.

smokie-sama   Retired Apr 18 2007, 06:49 PM Quote
QUOTE (c1nd3r @ Apr 18 2007, 05:59 PM)

/that is all.

Kill yourself because you don't deserve to view something so epicly awesome right?

mamori-sama   Sempais Apr 18 2007, 10:44 PM Quote
QUOTE (ddhboy @ Apr 17 2007, 11:03 PM)
My favorite part of this show to be honest is the lucky channel segment. It seems like it really brings the show together, rather than having the show be a bunch of random jokes about stereotypical schoolgirl characters. Akira's switching from hyper to serious and her facial expressions are just priceless.

gotta agree with you there, though the rest is good, that part of the episodes just makes my day happy.gif .

tryipo34-chan   Apr 18 2007, 11:47 PM Quote
I LOVE THE LUCKY CHANNEL
lmao, its so god damn funny

Barbobot-the Pirate King   Fansub TV Team Apr 18 2007, 11:51 PM Quote
Lucky Channel is also my favorite part. I just love the complete duplicity of Akira. She can be the happiest and most energetic girl you've ever seen one second and then she instantly changes into the complete opposite. Angrily complaining about how her parents get all the money she makes or making fun of her assistants acting work because she didn't get any.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Oblivious to the World - My Blog
Barbobot's Anime List
Current Top 5 Ongoing (Updated for Winter '10 01/10)
1. Durarara!
2. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
3. Katanagatari
4. Kimi ni Todoke
5. Dance in the Vampire Bund
Special Nod to Ongoing Series: Cross Game, FMAB

Telliamed-chi   Apr 19 2007, 01:17 AM Quote
QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 19 2007, 12:51 AM)
Lucky Channel is also my favorite part.  I just love the complete duplicity of Akira.  ... making fun of her assistants acting work because she didn't get any.

Thing is, Akira herself hasn't really appeared during the rest of the show, has she? So it's even funnier that she's berating Takeshi Minoru for his scene.

And when she tries to direct him... "Here! Feel it here. <pounds chest> In here!" Kinda like the director from Lost in Translation. (Santori Time!)

edit: Who the hell is "Takeshi"? Oh well. In ep2 he says, "please just remember my name". Oops...

--- tom

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais Apr 19 2007, 01:23 AM Quote
QUOTE (smokie @ Apr 18 2007, 05:49 PM)
Kill yourself because you don't deserve to view something so epicly awesome right?

Now now, try to be a little more civil; people have different opinions. If you want to tell someone to do that, go to 4chan, since here it sparks flame wars and spam; thank you.

Anyway, finally got around to seeing the sub of episode 2 by a.f.k (I'm waiting for his subs from now on) and it was loads better than when I watched the RAW. From now on, I'm not downloading the RAWs either and I'll just wait for the subs so the experience will be better. I thought the dentist scene was a little bland, but still good, especially with Konata trying to visualize the drills. laugh.gif

Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

misha-dono   Retired Apr 19 2007, 02:06 PM Quote
Heyas,

When I first downloaded & watched ep. 1 of "Lucky Star", I could've sworn the first line in the OP was 'Eye My Sausage'?! (OO-ER! FNAR-FNAR!!).

...BTW, is "Lucky Star" a dancing anime (in the same way "Princess Tutu" is an anime examining extraterrestrial & paranormal activities)?!

One more thing - I can never look at - or eat - a cream horn in the same way again after the 1st ep.!

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired Apr 19 2007, 02:48 PM Quote
QUOTE (smokie @ Apr 19 2007, 12:49 AM)
QUOTE (c1nd3r)

Because it would be a good moment to die and go to heaven.

QUOTE (misha)
One more thing - I can never look at - or eat - a cream horn in the same way again after the 1st ep.!
You don’t like eating caterpillars?

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (51) 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... Last » Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll