Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Lucky Star, kyoto production..moe..moe... >o<

Pages: (51) 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... Last »
animefreak619-chi   Apr 21 2007, 01:02 AM Quote
Wow the second episode was great, better than the first i actually got the conversation about drama cds and anime, cuz it was fro mthier series (Lucky Star that had a diffirent seiyus from the cds and the anime. and there was minor cameo appearances like shuffle and many other stuff. I personally like this anime and will be in my weekly upload list so good job kyoto

P.S Is there really no ED?

chin-chi   Apr 21 2007, 02:07 AM Quote
I thought that the Lucky Channel part was boring... very boring >_>

hideto-san   Apr 21 2007, 06:46 AM Quote
QUOTE (animefreak619 @ Apr 21 2007, 01:02 AM)
P.S Is there really no ED?

Say yay to the ED with the most 'wtf' factor. Maybe we'll get one at episode 4.

QUOTE (chin @ Apr 21 2007, 02:07 AM)

No it wasn't. At all. Didn't you laugh at her expressional changes?

julezia-chibi   Fansub TV Team Apr 21 2007, 01:57 PM Quote
I thought the Lucky Channel part was hilarious! So was the rest of the show.. Actually, Lucky Channel is what saved me from hating episode 1. But in episode 2, Konata and co. were in top form, FUNNY randomness galore and no 7 min food talk! biggrin.gif
It's really hard for me to decide who I can relate to more, I think I'm a Konata/Tsukasa hybrid. The homework schedule, is something I always do, but NEVER end up following. It was sooo funny to watch some one else go through the same thing. But, while I am procrastinating, I'm usually playing games, watching anime... or doing something infront of the computer like Konata...
I can't wait for episode 3! laugh.gif

user posted image

Currently Watching:
Shingeki no Kyojin, Monogatari Series: Second Season, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, Genshiken Nidaime, Silver Spoon, Free!, Blood Lad, Rozen Maiden Zurckspulen, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince, Space Brothers, Uchouten Kazoku, Servant x Service, Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation, Gatchaman Crowds, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou

My Anime List

Telliamed-chi   Apr 21 2007, 03:12 PM Quote
I've brought this up in a different forum already.

If instead of a girl talking about food for seven minutes, it was a guy talking about computers, would you still think it was boring? And don't forget all the facial expressions and thought bubbles KyoAni threw in.

That was just Konata being a food-otaku. I was a bit bewildered at first because it's so unusual and I wasn't familiar with the characters. Now that I am I can say that episode one was, in fact, quite funny.

--- tom

loli_ruri12-chan   Apr 21 2007, 06:59 PM Quote

Actually, that is one of the fun part. At the star of the show Akira is all kawaii-kawaii thing. But after the guy introduced himself and talked about his scene.. Akira gets into OBASAN MODE! But at the end, she changed again. Yup.. The changing face expression is hillarious.

I wanna see Konata working at the cosplay cafe scene.... unsure.gif

julezia-chibi   Fansub TV Team Apr 22 2007, 01:57 AM Quote
Now that I know the characters better Telliamed, I probably would find episode 1 more enjoyable. But, I would find a guy talking about computers for seven minutes just as boring as the food talk unsure.gif
I think if this whole scene was placed later in the series, when we know the charactes and have a better idea of their personality, it would have been better than right off the bat, because it turned a lot of people off of this show.
But like I said before, after seeing episode 2, and loving the series a lot more, I'm more willing to rewatch episode 1, and I'm more optimistic that I'll enjoy it biggrin.gif

user posted image

Currently Watching:
Shingeki no Kyojin, Monogatari Series: Second Season, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, Genshiken Nidaime, Silver Spoon, Free!, Blood Lad, Rozen Maiden Zurckspulen, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince, Space Brothers, Uchouten Kazoku, Servant x Service, Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation, Gatchaman Crowds, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou

My Anime List

Episode 3
Lucky Star @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Apr 24 2007, 12:49 AM

Barbobot-the Pirate King   Fansub TV Team Apr 24 2007, 07:51 AM Quote
Episode 3 was pretty good episode. I find that I rather enjoy this show, but I'm not gonna say it's excellent. It's like a nice relaxer that will give you a few laughs. I ended up having to pause episode 3 quite a bit so I could read the notes on the top of the screen, and it was a bit annoying at times, but I also realize they were pretty necessary in a lot of cases. There were a lot of japan-centric references that I wouldn't have understood otherwise, like with Manakana.

Did anyone else think that the two people in the room when the 4 of them were talking and Miyuki accidently shut off the lights looked like Keiichi and Rena from Higurashi? I really thought they did.

Also there definitely is not a unique ED for this series. This time around they sing karaoke to the OP of Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu. But then after listening to it I know felt the urge to either listen to the full song or watch Fumoffu. tongue.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Oblivious to the World - My Blog
Barbobot's Anime List
Current Top 5 Ongoing (Updated for Winter '10 01/10)
1. Durarara!
2. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
3. Katanagatari
4. Kimi ni Todoke
5. Dance in the Vampire Bund
Special Nod to Ongoing Series: Cross Game, FMAB

chiisai_hana-nipah!   Retired Apr 24 2007, 02:09 PM Quote
I was excited to see episode three out. I rather enjoyed this episode, Kanata certainly carries the show. But I really like Kagami, especially in this episode biggrin.gif Kanata fanning herself on the train was priceless as well. As an otaku, she should know better!

The ponytail scene was too cute tongue.gif And fitting, since the ending was from Fumoffu. I also felt the urge to get the series/song out after hearing it. Maybe that is KyoAni's aim with that ending!

But overall, I think this episode was more enjoyable in general since it had a lot of references one could easily catch, such as the Greek mythology discussion.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Proud Member of the SSS (Suki Suki Sia-chan)
It's all about the pretty boys: Yaoi Anime, Yaoi Manga
Love FSTV? Leave a thanks for the team :)

Forum Rules :: Download FAQ :: My FTV Blog

tonifreyr-dono   Apr 24 2007, 02:35 PM Quote
QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Apr 24 2007, 02:09 PM)
Kanata fanning herself on the train was priceless as well. As an otaku, she should know better!

I agree with you there, but maybe she forgets she's a girl sometimes, because it sounds to me that the animes she watches are all targeted at the male population, and the talk about the ero games during episode one, and then when she told the pink haired glasses girl(forgot her name for the moment tongue.gif )that she has the clumsy factor, a turn on for a certain target-group.

also maybe its that she is a real otaku, when you become a real otaku, sex and appearence are not something you worry about.
read Genshiken and youll get my meaning.

user posted image

Mulengro-chi   Apr 24 2007, 05:18 PM Quote
I hate to say, I enjoyed the opening song so much I made it into a ringtone. God, my kids are making turn into an anime-addict. with all the site upkeeps and fansubbing they have me doing I am starting to enjoy all this almost as much as my normal job. Except only one of those pays. But, yeah, I like episode 3. this is one the series that you don't think you'd like seeing the initial drawings. But as you watch it, you just can't seem to look forward to the next episode. Odd, how that works.

And, for dude who asked about the rindtone I made, which is why I mentioned it. I don't know how to upload it. But I can put it on a wiki server or something. what format does your phone have? I made it into MP3, and also have midi/wav format one for my daughters phone. So I have the opening song in both formats. you have my irc and my mircq, so contact me there.

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired Apr 24 2007, 06:34 PM Quote
QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Apr 24 2007, 08:09 PM)
The ponytail scene was too cute tongue.gif And fitting, since the ending was from Fumoffu.

My first thought was Kyon's liking of Haruhi in a ponytail, especially the little one Tsukasa has is like the one Haruhi ends up sporting. In fumoffu, wasn't the ponytail superglued in place by a weirdo?

Lucky Star is kind of odd, on the one hand it's true it's a nice laid back easy to watch type of show, on the other hand you have to concentrate hard because a lot of the jokes are pretty obscure, much more so than with Azumanga Daioh for instance, it really helps to be a thoroughbred otaku and I simply don't know a lot of the games and shows that Kona-chan refers to.

Latest LC ep. was surprisingly small download, very nice, but also surprisingly small subs, I don't know if it was the size or the amount of dialogue or just that I was tired but I was having to pause too to read everything. I've been watching mainly the soft-subbed eps until now, at least you can format and edit those to suit personal taste. I've actually looked at the versions of four different subbers now (LC, JEEB, Wind, afk) and still can't decide which to settle on.

user posted image

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Apr 24 2007, 09:51 PM Quote
QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ Apr 24 2007, 06:34 PM)
My first thought was Kyon's liking of Haruhi in a ponytail, especially the little one Tsukasa has is like the one Haruhi ends up sporting. In fumoffu, wasn't the ponytail superglued in place by a weirdo?

You mean this? tongue.gif
user posted image

tonifreyr-dono   Apr 25 2007, 02:54 AM Quote
btw, this may sound odd coming from an otaku, but what is ´´moe´´

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Apr 25 2007, 03:58 AM Quote
QUOTE (tonifreyr @ Apr 25 2007, 02:54 AM)
btw, this may sound odd coming from an otaku, but what is ´´moe´´

Slightly off topic...but here you go:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo%C3%A9

ranma-chi   Apr 25 2007, 09:04 AM Quote
i have been taking my time watching an episdoe when it comes out - and i'm sure it was already mentioned as i didn't read the 7 pages of posts but for anyone who has seen the meloncholy of haruhi suzimiya and notice how the dances from the ending to that show and the opening seem like te shows were done by the same company. i didn't check but it damn near confirms it with episode 2.

that and at least the voice of haruhi is i believe the main charater - or at least in the show.

the part i refer to in episode 2 is of course the taiko drummer scene in which the end of the song they are playing ...is none other than the ending song from haruhi suzimiya.

as i said most likely been mentioned but to otheres that don't read the other posts might realize it if they haven't already if they happen to read this post.

nothing major but thought it would be cool to point out (again i'm guessing) but just makes me love the show even more now.. totally awsome.

misha-dono   Retired Apr 25 2007, 09:08 AM Quote
Heyas,

What do you bet that before long, and considering the VERY first line in the OP sounds exactly like 'Eye My Sausage!', people will be saying (in an ironic way, just as they referred to "MOHS" as 'a Dancing Anime') 'Is "Lucky Star" a Futanari Anime?!'

*mind in gutter*

smokie-sama   Retired Apr 25 2007, 11:35 AM Quote
The highlight of episode 3 for me was when Konata says "Good Job!" and pretty much does Guy and Rock Lees "nice guy" pose.

tonifreyr-dono   Apr 25 2007, 06:17 PM Quote
btw. I dont get it, why did she turn the light off?
and another thing, do you think any romance will come into this, id love to see konata-chan being courted, she probably wouldnt understand what he was doing laugh.gif

Barbobot-the Pirate King   Fansub TV Team Apr 25 2007, 06:31 PM Quote
QUOTE (tonifreyr @ Apr 25 2007, 08:17 PM)
btw. I dont get it, why did she turn the light off?
and another thing, do you think any romance will come into this, id love to see konata-chan being courted, she probably wouldnt understand what he was doing laugh.gif

I would assume just out of force of habit or something like that cause she was leaving the room. I've never done that in a public place, but I've turned the lights off when leaving a room, when I knew full well that there were people in the room just out of habit.

Also this doesn't really seem like the kinda of anime where relationships of those kind will develop or even be introduced, although it would be kinda humorous to see a guy trying to court Kona-chan while she tries to talk about games and anime. tongue.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Oblivious to the World - My Blog
Barbobot's Anime List
Current Top 5 Ongoing (Updated for Winter '10 01/10)
1. Durarara!
2. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
3. Katanagatari
4. Kimi ni Todoke
5. Dance in the Vampire Bund
Special Nod to Ongoing Series: Cross Game, FMAB

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (51) 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... Last » Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll