Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Lucky Star, kyoto production..moe..moe... >o<

Pages: (51) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... Last »
Hiroyuki-sama   Retired Apr 25 2007, 08:44 PM Quote
QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 24 2007, 01:51 PM)
Did anyone else think that the two people in the room when the 4 of them were talking and Miyuki accidently shut off the lights looked like Keiichi and Rena from Higurashi?

I really hope not, I don't want Miyuki turning up in a sack!

QUOTE (misha)
the VERY first line in the OP sounds exactly like 'Eye My Sausage'
But in ep.3 we learned that the Japanese word for "twins" is "sausage" (I looked it up and it really is!), so maybe they're actually singing "Eye my twins", one of Kona-chan's attempts to get boyfriends for Tsukasa and her scary sister?

GERBER-san   Apr 26 2007, 04:26 AM Quote
MY FAVE CHARACTER IS MIYUKI, HER CLUMSY NATURE IS HAILARIOUS biggrin.gif !!!!!!!

misha-dono   Retired Apr 26 2007, 07:02 AM Quote
QUOTE (tonifreyr @ Apr 25 2007, 02:54 AM)
btw, this may sound odd coming from an otaku, but what is ´´moe´´

Heyas,

The one on the left is Moe (in this pic of the Three Stooges):

user posted image

...I'll get my coat (Nyuk-Nyuk!)

Hyuuga Hakke Kūshō   Sempais Apr 26 2007, 08:27 AM Quote
QUOTE (misha @ Apr 26 2007, 07:02 AM)
Heyas,

The one on the left is Moe (in this pic of the Three Stooges):

user posted image

...I'll get my coat (Nyuk-Nyuk!)

Misha

I fell off my chair reading your post laugh.gif

smokie-sama   Retired Apr 26 2007, 09:20 AM Quote
QUOTE (Hyuuga @ Apr 26 2007, 08:27 AM)
Misha

I fell off my chair reading your post laugh.gif

So did I. Misha thank you for a much needed laugh.

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais Apr 27 2007, 01:39 AM Quote
QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 24 2007, 06:51 AM)
Did anyone else think that the two people in the room when the 4 of them were talking and Miyuki accidently shut off the lights looked like Keiichi and Rena from Higurashi?  I really thought they did.

Awesome eye you've got there, Barbobot; you my be right! biggrin.gif I can tell since they are even dressed like Keiichi and Rena, albeit the Rena look alike has longer hair. tongue.gif I wonder if KyoAni did that on purpose or not. rolleyes.gif

user posted image

As for episode 3, I liked it a lot better than the last two since there wasn't a scene in this one that seemed to drag on forever, like the food scene in episode one, or the Lucky Channel scene in episode 2, and then hearing Konata sing the FMP OP well at the end was awesome too, even though I've not seen FMP yet. rolleyes.gif

Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

j-fizz-san   Apr 27 2007, 04:46 AM Quote
QUOTE (Juhachi @ Apr 27 2007, 01:39 AM)
Awesome eye you've got there, Barbobot; you my be right! biggrin.gif I can tell since they are even dressed like Keiichi and Rena, albeit the Rena look alike has longer hair. tongue.gif I wonder if KyoAni did that on purpose or not. rolleyes.gif

user posted image

As for episode 3, I liked it a lot better than the last two since there wasn't a scene in this one that seemed to drag on forever, like the food scene in episode one, or the Lucky Channel scene in episode 2, and then hearing Konata sing the FMP OP well at the end was awesome too, even though I've not seen FMP yet. rolleyes.gif

Wow... i just noticed it too. That really does look like Keichi and Rena. The creators of this anime also made Higurashi?

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired Apr 27 2007, 10:09 AM Quote
No, Studio Deen did Higurashi (original creators: 7th Expansion), whilst Kyoto Animation are doing Lucky Star. It's interesting to note that the summer uniform everyone (including her) is wearing is identical to the one that Rena wears. But although the uniform and hair colour match, I don't think the girl looks all that much like Rena since her hair is the wrong style, much too long. I suppose though they wouldn't dare copy her too closely though since it's someone else's series.

user posted image

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais Apr 27 2007, 04:25 PM Quote
QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ Apr 27 2007, 09:09 AM)
No, Studio Deen did Higurashi (original creators: 7th Expansion), whilst Kyoto Animation are doing Lucky Star. It's interesting to note that the summer uniform everyone (including her) is wearing is identical to the one that Rena wears. But although the uniform and hair colour match, I don't think the girl looks all that much like Rena since her hair is the wrong style, much too long. I suppose though they wouldn't dare copy her too closely though since it's someone else's series.

The two uniforms are strikingly similar; I actually thought they were identical for a moment, but then I noticed the difference:

user posted image user posted image

The only differences is that Rena is wearing more of a yellow tie and in Lucky Star it's more like a yellow bow; the only other difference is is the color of the shirt under the color where Rena's is blue is in Lucky Star it's white. But yeah. tongue.gif

Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

Telliamed-chi   Apr 28 2007, 03:53 PM Quote
QUOTE (tonifreyr @ Apr 25 2007, 07:17 PM)
btw. I dont get it, why did she turn the light off?
and another thing, do you think any romance will come into this, id love to see konata-chan being courted, she probably wouldnt understand what he was doing laugh.gif

I'm guessing save-electricity-always-turn-the-lights-off-when-leaving-the-room lessons being drilled into your head since infancy can do that. Here in gas-guzzling America, I don't think it's as much a problem. But other things, like the classic look-both-ways-before-crossing-the-street is stuck in my head and I unconsciously do so even at one-way streets.

And Konata plays EroGames... I think she'd be more clued-in than the guy. Although, there are other obvious misunderstandings that can develop.

"What do you mean I'm not supposed to 'accidentally' spill water on my shirt, forcing me to undress while you pretend to look away... It's already our third date!"

--- tom

tonifreyr-dono   Apr 28 2007, 08:28 PM Quote
they will probably develop a temporary one episode romance that will break up in the end cause they dont have the same interests in anime, it would go something like this,
1: GUNDAM RULES,
2:NGE RULES
1 and 2: this isnt going to work out.
and thats that tongue.gif

hideto-san   Apr 29 2007, 12:43 AM Quote
A bit of off-topic-ness before episode 4 airs : Anyone has already seen the first live performance of the OP yet?

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired Apr 29 2007, 05:01 PM Quote
Do you mean a fan performance, like on Youtube? I've seen a Gundam robot version and a Michael Jackson version but not a fan doing it yet. Some of the Suzumiya Haruhi ED performances by fans were great though, so I expect someone will learn all the steps for Lucky☆Star too. (I think the oddest Haruhi one was done by a girl in her pyjamas with some weird guy hiding behind a wardrobe for the whole dance, it was completely inexplicable but she did dance quite well.)

user posted image

hideto-san   Apr 30 2007, 01:15 AM Quote
Yeah, I do mean that. OP performance. Somebody did, and it was too disturbing and funny.
Here is the link for it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82URtK0g1zk . Well watch it if you don't mind seeing Lucky Star in a different light. I would recommend switching it off after 1:29 . Anything after that is just too disturbing.

smokie-sama   Retired Apr 30 2007, 06:17 AM Quote
QUOTE (hideto @ Apr 30 2007, 01:15 AM)
Yeah, I do mean that. OP performance. Somebody did, and it was too disturbing and funny.
Here is the link for it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82URtK0g1zk . Well watch it if you don't mind seeing Lucky Star in a different light. I would recommend switching it off after 1:29 . Anything after that is just too disturbing.

Dude that was a bit messed up. It was a bit disappointing to just have one random otaku doing it. I wanted to see a bunch of young ladies really.......Git'r done......?

hideto-san   Apr 30 2007, 06:41 AM Quote
I hope you weren't disturbed by it biggrin.gif . But your request will be fufiled. By 2chan ppl. When they have recovered from their recent flame war at Gainax.
Apologies for the non related stuff, but I just had to say this smile.gif .

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired Apr 30 2007, 06:33 PM Quote
Well...... I don't think he's quite captured the spirit of the original... seems to be a Kagami fan going by the wig, I guess maybe the second segment might be his interpretation of her true "scary sister" nature? Very Weird.

tonifreyr-dono   Apr 30 2007, 07:05 PM Quote
Oh god, that was terrible, I think I will never see lucky star in the same light again sad.gif sad.gif

davidnsz-chan   Apr 30 2007, 07:34 PM Quote
My goodness, that was one very disturbing video. The second part was just painful to watch...

Many people on Youtube have commented that he is very courageous. This brings to mind what my teacher used to say: Blind courage is just foolishness in a nice coat.

hideto-san   Apr 30 2007, 08:11 PM Quote
Yeah... Episode four = funnier parodies.
Click on spoilers for two parodies in ep4. There is a Kanon parody, on how U1 met Ayu(taiyaki incident). That's the excuse for Konata's lateness dry.gif . For their birthdays, Konata gives Kagami a SOS armband and Tsukasa got a ToHeart uniform ph34r.gif . . Cosplay anyone?
Now to wait for a.f.k's release. smile.gif

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (51) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... Last » Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll