Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Lucky Star, kyoto production..moe..moe... >o<

Pages: (51) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... Last »
Barbobot-the Pirate King   Fansub TV Team May 02 2007, 07:21 AM Quote
Lucky Star 4 was my favorite so far. There were so many awesome parodies and references in it that made me laugh so hard. I loved the Kanon reference when Kona was explaining the reason she was late to class using Ayu as an excuse and they had to run from the Taiyaki seller. laugh.gif Also when she first had to explain how she was late to class and she started talking about playing an MMO and having to help someone out. That enough was hilarious to me, but then the teacher commented on how Kona didn't log off after she did. That put it over the edge. The Haruhi and To Heart presents for Kagami and Tsukasa were amazing too. I love how she gave her the SOS Brigade arm band Haruhi wears. This show is just getting funnier and funnier each time.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Oblivious to the World - My Blog
Barbobot's Anime List
Current Top 5 Ongoing (Updated for Winter '10 01/10)
1. Durarara!
2. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
3. Katanagatari
4. Kimi ni Todoke
5. Dance in the Vampire Bund
Special Nod to Ongoing Series: Cross Game, FMAB

julezia-chibi   Fansub TV Team May 02 2007, 07:55 AM Quote
I loved ep 4 too. It's nice to see that Konata's studying habits are similar to mine biggrin.gif The presents were awesome too, too bad they didn't try it on!
I really want to see Konata working in that cosplay cafe! laugh.gif

:edit: I also loved the Death Note reference wink.gif

user posted image

Currently Watching:
Shingeki no Kyojin, Monogatari Series: Second Season, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, Genshiken Nidaime, Silver Spoon, Free!, Blood Lad, Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince, Space Brothers, Uchouten Kazoku, Servant x Service, Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation, Gatchaman Crowds, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou

My Anime List

jiuuri-chan   May 02 2007, 10:23 PM Quote
LOL That clip was really funny.... but it gets quite boring after 01:28 when he started to do those random dances....

Thank God it wasn't as bad as those Cardcaptor Sakura and DBZ live-action parody...
Link--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ignwpDd3Ikg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VRP8nxnavc

tonifreyr-dono   May 03 2007, 07:17 AM Quote
that card-captor sakura video was disturbing, really disturbing.
i loved the scene where konata called in sick and wasnt believed, the child who cried wolf hahahahahahahaha

nashaa-san   May 03 2007, 11:59 AM Quote
QUOTE (tonifreyr @ Apr 14 2007, 09:43 AM)
I love the lead character, it would be a perfect girlfriend for me(and probably all other guys on this forum)pretty, loves anime and computer games, athletic and easy to talk to, come to think of it her personality is similar to mine laugh.gif

lol,you're going to be dissapointed with this news. i heard from other forum that konata is actually a lesbian.and she has a thing for miyuki(i guess everyone already knows that tongue.gif ).now that explains her behaviour throughout the series laugh.gif

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired May 03 2007, 03:05 PM Quote
I think your <spoiler> has to be true, let's face it, no-one but a randy guy or a <spoiler> (or else a doting parent) would shell out that kind of money on a birthday present for Tsukasa! Kona-chan definitely has a soft spot for cute girls.

All in all a nice episode. Maybe too many footnotes on LC's sub though, they could have left the anime name-checking to the forum discussions. I was expecting a reprise of the conversation on how to eat a strawberry cake during the birthday party scene but it didn't happen, and no-one stole anyone's strawberry either. I too was disappointed that the girls didn't try on their cosplay outfits (mind you the To Heart uniform is almost identical to their own winter uniform.) Kona-chan is quite a meanie with Kagami, she might at least have thrown in a yellow hair ribbon with the arm band! I'm beginning to feel sorry for Kagami, even though she is the evil twin she gets rather badly treated.

user posted image

Telliamed-chi   May 03 2007, 09:43 PM Quote
QUOTE (nashaa @ May 03 2007, 12:59 PM)
i heard from other forum that konata is actually a lesbian.and she has a thing for miyuki(i guess everyone already knows that tongue.gif ).now that explains her behaviour throughout the series laugh.gif

Gimme a break. That's just a cheap, tawdry net fantasy.
After all, it's obvious she's into Kagami. Why do you think she teases so much.

The suckage of the sub this week hit an all-time high. I think I'd be better off watching raws. And, in fact, I'll be doing just that next week.

This week's ep was also cool because Minoru got to say another line. And Akira teases him about it again. "They had auditions for Shiraishi." "But... I'm Shiraishi!"

--- tom

tonifreyr-dono   May 03 2007, 09:52 PM Quote
yeah thats just net slander, yeah that must be it,

IVE SAID THIS MANY MANY TIMES TO YOU PEOPLE DONT RUIN A SHOUNEN OTAKU'S HEART WITH THOSE HORRID COMMENTS
nanchatte
jodan daso
i dont really care, but a cosplay uniform doesnt actully cost much in japan

jiuuri-chan   May 04 2007, 08:38 AM Quote
QUOTE (nashaa @ May 03 2007, 11:59 AM)
lol,you're going to be dissapointed with this news. i heard from other forum that konata is actually a lesbian.and she has a thing for miyuki(i guess everyone already knows that tongue.gif ).now that explains her behaviour throughout the series laugh.gif

Well,i doubt that fact. Keep in mind that Kona-chan plays as a male character in her MMORPG. I heard that the reason why ppl use a character with the opposite gender is either:

1. They refer the character they played as a person they "love"..(Quite odd.)
2. They probably want to attract other player like a male(using a female character) trying to flirt other girl characters.... Not knowing that there are 85% chances that a girl character is actually played by a male.

However,if Kona-chan is following Reason #2 and she knows the fact about MMORPG players often play as an opposite gender character, she's probably is lesbian..

ARGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! USOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIES!!!!!!!!!!!
I hoped she's NOT. I really hate it when i found my favourite girl is lesbian..

user posted image

nashaa-san   May 04 2007, 09:08 AM Quote
lol jiuuri, you made my spoiler tag useless...now a spoiler is spoiled.

what you said is a possibility.but seeing konata's personality so far i'm more convinced that she's a les.girls don't get excited over moe girls.boys do.and of course...girls who're into girls.i don't deny the fact that us girls sometime also love to see cute girls.but that's just that.not to the extent like konata did.

jiuuri-chan   May 04 2007, 09:41 AM Quote
OMG! My bad. Thanks for telling me that before more other users see it..

Ok,i fixed them! (hopefully..)

BTW,i wonder why do we consider this as a spoiler eventhough it's probably just a minority(or majority) of LC watcher's point of view.

It's quite hard to identify a girl as one but for men,IMO,it's quite easy to identify.. (Think of Wolfram)... I just hoped the reason Kona-chan act like that is because she's not an 'average' girl(Think of Haruhi,same seiyuu btw,lol). If it's true,i'll blame the Ero games she played...

user posted image

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team May 04 2007, 11:27 AM Quote
Did you guys know about the announcement about the change of director on KyoAni site?

TVアニメーション作品「らき☆すた」監督交代のお知らせ
「らき☆すた」監督の山本寛は、監督において、まだ、その域に達していないと弊社は判断し、交代いたしました。

放送第5話から新監督武本康弘のもとスタッフ一丸となって作品制作をしていきます。
引き続きよろしくお願いいたします。

平成19年4月30日
株式会社京都アニメーション

Translation:
TV animation title 'Lucky Star' change of director notification

Our company has determined that the director of 'Lucky Star'-Yutaka Yamamoto has not reached the standard of director yet, therefore we have changed the director.

From episode 5 onward, this title will be produced by new director Yasuhiro Takemoto and his old staffs. Please continue to anticipate for the continuation.

30th April 2004
Kyoto Animation

My thoughts on this:

I kind of feel sorry for Yutaka Yamamoto. He was the director of ep 1, 9, 12. ED of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" and has just got some awards for it this year. I think KyoAni is being a bit too harsh; they could have announced other excuses for changing director, but making an announcement on their official site like that saying as blunt as 'he's has not reached the stardard of a director yet'? This could end his advancement in career, or even his whole career in directing anime for good...

I admit the first few episodes of Lucky Star do give off a feeling of 'somewhat lacking'; it has funny moments, but not all the way through the episodes. I think KyoAni noticed this too that's why they are changing director. I think the problem lies at the fact that Lucky Star is originally a 4 koma manga (4-panels manga), and it is a big challenge for director to convert it into the form of anime...and apparently, KyoAni has decided that it is too much for Yutaka Yamamoto to handle.

I hope Yutaka Yamamoto can still have a come back in his career in the future after this incident.

Anyway, here's the good news...the new director is Yasuhiro Takemoto, who was the director of Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu and Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid!! So finger-cross that he will present this anime as legendary the way he pulled off for Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu making Lucky Star funnier than ever-before!!

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

nashaa-san   May 04 2007, 11:40 AM Quote
@jiuuri
to this point of discussion,it has already turned into fans' point of view. but when i first posted about konata being a lesbian, i actually already read the manga strips that obviously stating konata's yuri-ness tongue.gif

Konata : i love her. i want to have crazy wild loli yuri-sex with miyuki...(sigh)
Tsukasa : Ah!! k..kona-chan...i never knew you were a lesbian...

but then again,let's not limit our imagination to that so we can have a broader field of discussion.maybe she was just teasing her friends rolleyes.gif

...but i'm still convinced that she's a les... ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ May 04 2007, 11:27 AM)
Did you guys know about the announcement about the change of director on KyoAni site?

i just heard of that too.it doesn't matter.i still enjoy it anyway biggrin.gif .

user posted image
user posted image

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired May 04 2007, 11:54 AM Quote
This change of director has been discussed to an unfortunately endless extent on some forums, but what it seems to boil down to is
(a) it's very odd that a company would make a public announcement like this since it goes against the "saving face" and "don't wash your dirty laundry in public" etiquettes, and
(b) no-one knows why they did this.

My favourite theories are
(i) mistranslation/misundrstanding of the announcement
(ii) he was going to leave anyhow and they tried to spin his departure in their favour,
(iii) some kind of weird conspiracy connected to the recent high profile departure of GAINAX staff after a run in with the great unwashed on 2ch.

@nashaa: another interpretation of Kona-chan's attitudes is simply that she's a true otaku, and otaku like yuri stuff and indeed all weirdnesses and perversions they can think of. My own pet theory is that Konachan is a trap, like the main character in Touka Gettan. That would be so funny......

user posted image

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team May 04 2007, 03:52 PM Quote
QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ May 04 2007, 11:54 AM)
This change of director has been discussed to an unfortunately endless extent on some forums, but what it seems to boil down to is
(a) it's very odd that a company would make a public announcement like this since it goes against the "saving face" and "don't wash your dirty laundry in public" etiquettes, and
( cool.gif no-one knows why they did this.

My favourite theories are
(i) mistranslation/misundrstanding of the announcement
(ii) he was going to leave anyhow and they tried to spin his departure in their favour,
(iii) some kind of weird conspiracy connected to the recent high profile departure of GAINAX staff after a run in with the great unwashed on 2ch.

One thing I noticed is that this is the first time that Yutaka Yamamoto being the 'actual' director (the main one) for anime. All the directing roles he's done before were mainly as an assistant director or episode director. I'm guessing may be it is because of his success in his roles for "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" convinced KyoAni to give him as chance to take the role of the (main/head) director for Lucky Star. Unfortunately he wasn't able to meet KyoAni's expectation and they have decided to replace him with Yasuhiro Takemoto.

I'm guessing may be for the announcement that KyoAni made saying that they have determined that 'he has not yet reached the standard of director', they probably mean 'he's not ready to be a (head/main) director yet', and they may not mean anything more than that. As far as my translation, I believe they are pretty much correct, I think I probably misinterpreted what KyoAni was saying at before. Now that I've give more thought to it, for the announcement 'he's not yet reached the standard of director' KyoAni probably mean 'he still need more experience as assistant director before he's ready to take on the role of (head/main) director'.

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

Telliamed-chi   May 04 2007, 04:43 PM Quote
QUOTE (jiuuri @ May 04 2007, 09:38 AM)
1. They refer the character they played as a person they "love"..(Quite odd.)
2. They probably want to attract other player like a male(using a female character) trying to flirt other girl characters.... Not knowing that there are 85% chances that a girl character is actually played by a male.

3. They choose whichever character gives them the greatest chance to win, or has the most challenging skills to master.

A real otaku doesn't care about stuff like "love" and "personality" or "socializing". It's all about the win.

I'm not entirely convinced this director change isn't just a sick joke by KyoAni. Could be they intended to split directing duties all along.

I've been told that the frame of that guy smoking a cigarette in ep.4 is supposed to be Takemoto. And the Haruhi scene that Konata made fun of was done by Yamamoto. It's like they're giving hints that this was going to happen.

--- tom

mamori-sama   Sempais May 04 2007, 06:03 PM Quote
QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ May 04 2007, 11:54 AM)
another interpretation of Kona-chan's attitudes is simply that she's a true otaku, and otaku like yuri stuff and indeed all weirdnesses and perversions they can think of.

from what i've read that seems to be the truest of the theories happy.gif ;;

tryipo34-chan   May 04 2007, 09:17 PM Quote
WHOA, konota my fav character might actually be a lez! i think thts kinda cool.

Cool Nitro-dono   Sempais May 05 2007, 04:09 AM Quote
Oh boy. Lot of parody and word play. Hopefully I kind realize it earlier but it depend which fansub doing it by include it in sub part. Very educating I think. Good effort by LC anyway since I not good in learning Japanese language ... (I have said it, duh! tongue.gif )

jiuuri-chan   May 05 2007, 05:16 AM Quote
My own pet theory is that Konachan is a trap,

WAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Kona-chan= LESBIAN = Dissapointing but still acceptable
Kona-chan=TRAP!?=NONSENSE=NIGHTMARE=(Insert any word a frustrated guy would say)
Sorry,i don't mean to bash you. It's just that i don't want to have "Watarase Jun Shocking Tragedy" again..

And the Haruhi scene that Konata made fun of was done by Yamamoto. It's like they're giving hints that this was going to happen.

That's one Good point. It seemed that LC was pointing the fact that "Yutaka Yamamoto has not reached the standard of director" (Aww..Doesn't that sounds quite harsh..?) by making a scene of Konata getting dissapointed over the quality of Haruhi ep9.. i wonder what's the censored "thing" she said..

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (51) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... Last » Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll