Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Lucky Star, kyoto production..moe..moe... >o<

Pages: (51) « First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... Last »
Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais May 05 2007, 09:26 PM Quote
QUOTE (jiuuri @ May 05 2007, 04:16 AM)
That's one Good point. It seemed that LC was pointing the fact that "Yutaka Yamamoto has not reached the standard of director" (Aww..Doesn't that sounds quite harsh..?) by making a scene of Konata getting dissapointed over the quality of Haruhi ep9.. i wonder what's the censored "thing"  she said..

They censored out the director's name is all. I thought it was great how they put the Haruhi references directly into the anime even though Haruhi wasn't an anime back when this series was just a manga. rolleyes.gif I'm pretty sure Yamamoto directed 1, 9 and 12, though I liked all those episodes. Yes, the Yuki scenes from episode 9 were long and dawn out and made no sense, but that entire episode (nay, the entire series), was meant to be weird like that. Plus, I love the rain, so having an episode about a gloomy overcast day that ends with it raining instantly made it one of my favorites of the series. And 1 and 12 were awesome too, IMO; Yamamoto really isn't that bad, or as bad as KyoAni is saying he is. dry.gif

Anyway, loved the other otaku references in this episode, like the Haruhi Ultra Director armband that Konata gave Kagami, or the ToHeart uniform she gave Tsukasa, and then remarking that their uniforms were almost exactly alike, which I think someone pointed out in this very thread earlier. XD

So far, episode 4 has been the best, and since episode 1 it has progressively been getting better. Now with the director change, I believe it is expected to get even better.

Oh, and of course I cannot forget the totally awesome Kanon reference near the beginning of the episode; Lucky Star 4 pwned all! biggrin.gif

Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

hideto-san   May 06 2007, 02:23 AM Quote
I re-watched a.f.k's release, and I noticed sth. Heh. ph34r.gif
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/6775/lololololololjq5.jpg

mamori-sama   Sempais May 06 2007, 02:32 AM Quote
QUOTE (hideto @ May 06 2007, 02:23 AM)

im guessing that's Konata, unless her mom was a Loli who also had blue hair.

Barbobot-the Pirate King   Fansub TV Team May 06 2007, 02:37 AM Quote
I saw that picture in the background of LC's version, but I couldn't figure out who it was. My original guess was that it would be just an easter egg type of thing and be another reference to a different anime, but when I paused it wasn't clear enough to tell who it was.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Oblivious to the World - My Blog
Barbobot's Anime List
Current Top 5 Ongoing (Updated for Winter '10 01/10)
1. Durarara!
2. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
3. Katanagatari
4. Kimi ni Todoke
5. Dance in the Vampire Bund
Special Nod to Ongoing Series: Cross Game, FMAB

hideto-san   May 06 2007, 02:39 AM Quote
I was thinking that the person in the photo looked too composed to be Konata. biggrin.gif
Oh well. I got the idea when she said that her mom had passed away.

jiuuri-chan   May 06 2007, 05:20 AM Quote

Lol Didn't saw that one coming.. (I'm 'too busy' watching Kona-chan XP)

I think that's her mother since most anime always use that kind of concept where the protagonist have a photograph of his/her late mother wearing a white one-piece dress with a big summer hat posing on a sunny day...

If i'm not mistaken,Fullmetal Alchemist,Cardcaptor Sakura and Bleach also used the same concept...

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team May 06 2007, 05:51 AM Quote

I'm guess that person in the picture in the background really is Konata's mum. Because that cupboard thing which the photo is put at...for Japanese tradition it is usually where they put picture of their deceased family member.

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais May 06 2007, 05:54 AM Quote
QUOTE (jiuuri @ May 06 2007, 04:20 AM)
I think that's her mother since most anime always use that kind of concept where the protagonist have a photograph of his/her late mother wearing a white one-piece dress with a big summer hat posing on a sunny day...

...By God you're right man; I totally didn't see that, or the picture. rolleyes.gif Yeah, it's most likely Konata's late mother. Also, there seem to be candle stick to the left and right...

tonifreyr-dono   May 06 2007, 07:49 AM Quote
wow, just how many times did you watch this to notice that?
I dont think I would ever have noticed it if you hadnt pointed it out
amazing tongue.gif

smokie-sama   Retired May 06 2007, 01:42 PM Quote

Hideto-chan..Good job! *thumbs up and wink*

cobaph-chi   May 06 2007, 07:19 PM Quote

hideto-san   May 07 2007, 12:13 AM Quote
wow, just how many times did you watch this to notice that?
I dont think I would ever have noticed it if you hadnt pointed it out
amazing 

3 times. I was trying to understand the whole Yamamoto thing.
Hideto-chan..Good job! *thumbs up and wink*

Thank you smile.gif !
QUOTE (cobaph @ May 06 2007, 07:19 PM)
Mini Akuma on her desk?

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/241/sna...06180716wp2.jpg

Street fighter's Akuma? If it is, she must have really been a fan of SF.

smokie-sama   Retired May 07 2007, 11:32 AM Quote
QUOTE (hideto @ May 07 2007, 12:13 AM)
Street fighter's Akuma? If it is, she must have really been a fan of SF.

She did beat up Guile in episode 1. LOL! laugh.gif

Episode 5
Lucky Star @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification May 08 2007, 07:45 PM

Mowerman-dono   Sempais May 09 2007, 07:13 AM Quote
I started watching this one because it was done by the guys who made Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'm not impressed so far. The shows are too short and the need for the little commentary at the end of each episode, while sometimes hilarious, is already getting old, at episode 3.

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team May 09 2007, 07:33 AM Quote
QUOTE (Mowerman @ May 09 2007, 07:13 AM)
I started watching this one because it was done by the guys who made Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.  I'm not impressed so far.  The shows are too short and the need for the little commentary at the end of each episode, while sometimes hilarious, is already getting old, at episode 3.

Unfortunately there are lots of otaku references...so if you can't get the references, it's very difficult to get 'fired up' with the show.

As for the lucky channel...I get what you mean. It's not that it is completely boring or anything...it does has funny moments, but I also prefer to watch the actual story of Lucky Star too.

Oh and for episode 5 ED, Konata aka Aya Hirano is singing the OP of Dragonball Z this time biggrin.gif

As for why Konata's dad know how to tie a sash...I'm guessing that's might be because he's always tie the sash for konata's mom laugh.gif And regarding Konata's mom and the picture in question before, I'm done a little info searching and apparently Konata's mom looked exactly the same as Konata (as in an adult who looked identical her!! laugh.gif ) That makes lots of people question/wonder if Konata's dad is a lolicon...lol

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

Hyuuga Hakke Kūshō   Sempais May 09 2007, 08:05 AM Quote
QUOTE (Mowerman @ May 09 2007, 07:13 AM)
I started watching this one because it was done by the guys who made Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'm not impressed so far. The shows are too short and the need for the little commentary at the end of each episode, while sometimes hilarious, is already getting old, at episode 3.

I understand how you feel but its finally starting to grow on me. I felt the same way after the first episode.

I'll ride it out and see where it goes

Mowerman-dono   Sempais May 09 2007, 08:08 AM Quote
When I said not impressed I was referring to the design. The pictures are not as detailed as I would expect the crew from TMoHS to produce. It looks like they took a big leap backwards or rushed it too much.

misha-dono   Retired May 09 2007, 08:49 AM Quote
Heyas,

As Konata has the :3 mouth, I guess her as a Neko would be inevitable:

user posted image

Nya!

Oh, and this is what I think the OP lyrics sound like:

'Eye my sausage! So you'll pwn me a colder guy? Choad!
A goony goon seifuku, love Rita Goldeneye? Boon!
Gone bot chow not not now zone Tokyo, chant "release" yo!
I say (FOO!) I say (FOO!)
Tonnymonny my darling darling Wii!'

tonifreyr-dono   May 09 2007, 09:09 AM Quote
Anyone catch the fate/stay night, konata was holding a magasine withe the picture of Archer on it.
I thought this episode took a turn for the better, the scenes where they talk about nothing are way fewer now

btw..... dont you think they looked cute in their yukata's wink.gif

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team May 09 2007, 09:33 AM Quote
QUOTE (Mowerman @ May 09 2007, 08:08 AM)
When I said not impressed I was referring to the design.  The pictures are not as detailed as I would expect the crew from TMoHS to produce.  It looks like they took a big leap backwards or rushed it too much.

Mowerman, I think you need to learn more about anime. It's not that KyoAni messed up in the quality of the animation, but is actually that for the original manga...the character design and backgrounds are like that.

Anime studios usually would do the character designs and details of the background basing on the original. And with Lucky Star manga being a 4 koma manga (4-panels comic), humour is more of a focus than the art.

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (51) « First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... Last » Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll