Website/Forum
Episode Playback
Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Lucky Star, kyoto production..moe..moe... >o<

Pages: (51) « First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... Last »
blue123-chi   May 09 2007, 10:59 AM Quote
QUOTE (Mowerman @ May 09 2007, 08:08 AM)
When I said not impressed I was referring to the design. The pictures are not as detailed as I would expect the crew from TMoHS to produce. It looks like they took a big leap backwards or rushed it too much.

Its not a step backward at all, it is simply the art design of the comic. I would even say that the art design is part of the shows charm. Not every show has to look like Kanon or Haruhi.

mamori-sama   Sempais May 09 2007, 02:13 PM Quote
hmm, this seems to go against a certain theory...
user posted image

as well as user posted image

The Stig-chan   May 09 2007, 02:20 PM Quote
Haha I love how Konata was humming Bouken Desho Desho.....The more I think about it the more this series fits into the Pani Poni Dash category of parodies and what not. This truly is an anime by otakus, for otakus.

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais May 10 2007, 03:05 AM Quote
Since the focus of the show is rightfully on the characters, there really isn't any need for the amazing backgrounds of Kanon or Air, and besides, KyoAni has to gear up for Clannad and Haruhi 2 anyway.

Episode five was really great, this show is slowly but surely getting better, and episode five I think was the best so far. Seeing Konata in a yutaka made her look even younger and cuter than usual too. happy.gif And we even got to see two scenes of Konata's cousin Yui the cop; she has a good personality. XD

And one other thing; The Stig, where is she humming Bouken Desho Desho? I didn't catch that at all. o.o

Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

julezia-chibi   Fansub TV Team May 10 2007, 04:08 AM Quote
Konata is my hero. She has the exact same homework habits that I have. "Hmmm... I'll just play Final Fantasy XII for half an hour... thats ok right...." and of course once I start playing, I just don't stop laugh.gif
Konata seems to suffer from the same habit with online games, yet she still seems to get good grades in school. lucky. biggrin.gif
To see all four of them in yukatas was a real treat, they were all so cute!
I think the animation quality suits the show, I don't think it's bad at all smile.gif

user posted image

Currently Watching:
Shingeki no Kyojin, Monogatari Series: Second Season, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, Genshiken Nidaime, Silver Spoon, Free!, Blood Lad, Rozen Maiden Zurckspulen, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince, Space Brothers, Uchouten Kazoku, Servant x Service, Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation, Gatchaman Crowds, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou

My Anime List

Sening   May 10 2007, 04:16 AM Quote
QUOTE (Juhachi @ May 10 2007, 03:05 AM)
And one other thing; The Stig, where is she humming Bouken Desho Desho? I didn't catch that at all. o.o

Yeah I think pretty much that it was Bouken Desho Desho ^^

And does anyone know, what was Konata singing at the end of this episode at the karaoke? Probably an anime theme which I won't know but anyway I'm curious ^^

julezia-chibi   Fansub TV Team May 10 2007, 04:23 AM Quote
The ending song was “Cha-La Head-Cha-La,” the original DRAGON BALL Z theme song. smile.gif I think somebody mentioned this already.

nashaa-san   May 10 2007, 04:35 AM Quote
QUOTE (Juhachi @ May 10 2007, 03:05 AM)
where is she humming Bouken Desho Desho? I didn't catch that at all. o.o

it's when she decided to take a 30 minutes break playing online game.her humming a little bit off,but we still can catch it laugh.gif

i really like this episode.it's just getting better and better.and out of 5 episodes so far,this is the first time i really,really laugh at lucky channel segment laugh.gif

kerfirou-chan   May 10 2007, 07:08 AM Quote
QUOTE (julezia @ May 10 2007, 04:08 AM)

Konata seems to suffer from the same habit with online games, yet she still seems to get good grades in school. lucky. biggrin.gif

actually, I have the same studying habit like Konata, and shocked when the first time I learn about Konata study pattern. Just likw, "wth?! this gal have study pattern like me!"
and don't know why, but averagely, my Score is always A to B. laugh.gif
Konata is just too similar to me in many ways. laugh.gif

Barbobot-the Pirate King   Fansub TV Team May 10 2007, 07:47 AM Quote
Anyone notice that when she did take the 30 minute break to play her MMO that the weapon she found was Signum's from Magical Girl Nanoha, Laevetein.

julezia-chibi   Fansub TV Team May 10 2007, 09:02 AM Quote
No I didn't catch that Barbobot, but now that you mention it, that's really cool! biggrin.gif

smokie-sama   Retired May 10 2007, 10:52 AM Quote
A good episode. We finally see some other characters like her cousin and more of sensei. I love sensei shes great! I can't wait to see more of the other girls! Hopefully they will start showing more of them.

Also how does Konata's dad know how to tie the ribbon? I really hope we get to see him too. I mean in the intro hes just looking at those girls pondering the nature of moe. We need to see him in action.

Fansub TV Corrupter of Souls
Aniki. Proud leader and founder of Fansub TV's Dai Gurren-Dan.
~Do the Impossible, See the Invisible~
~Grow, Grow, Fight the Power~
~Touch the Untouchable, Break the Unbreakable~
~Grow, Grow, Fight the Power~

mamori-sama   Sempais May 10 2007, 11:42 AM Quote
QUOTE (smokie @ May 10 2007, 10:52 AM)
A good episode. We finally see some other characters like her cousin and more of sensei. I love sensei shes great! I can't wait to see more of the other girls! Hopefully they will start showing more of them.

Also how does Konata's dad know how to tie the ribbon? I really hope we get to see him too. I mean in the intro hes just looking at those girls pondering the nature of moe. We need to see him in action.

lol, yeah, the cousin ans sensei were awesome happy.gif .

and about Konata's dad, considering his habits, I wouldn't doubt he learned hwo to tie a sash so he could tie it for his wife.

*i know if i had a cute wife, id sure as hell learn how to tie one. XD

Hyuuga Hakke Kūshō   Sempais May 10 2007, 02:23 PM Quote
QUOTE (mamori @ May 10 2007, 11:42 AM)

Doesn't Konata look just like her mom. Wasn't it said they could pass for twins

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team May 10 2007, 03:05 PM Quote
QUOTE (Hyuuga @ May 10 2007, 02:23 PM)

I don't think the anime has mentioned that yet, but I heard that was mentioned in the Vol. 1 of the manga already.

chiisai_hana-nipah!   Retired May 10 2007, 03:08 PM Quote
It randomly occurred to me .... but the lurking/stalking guy in the opening theme .... could he be Konata's father? All your talk about him being a loli-fan made me wonder laugh.gif

Episodes four and five were awesome. This series is really all I'm following this season, and I love it.

smokie-sama   Retired May 10 2007, 03:26 PM Quote
QUOTE (mamori @ May 10 2007, 11:42 AM)

I think I would be more interested in untying it. *ecchi grin*

misha-dono   Retired May 11 2007, 04:56 AM Quote
QUOTE (Barbobot @ May 10 2007, 07:47 AM)
Anyone notice that when she did take the 30 minute break to play her MMO that the weapon she found was Signum's from Magical Girl Nanoha, Laevetein.

Heyas,

If we see Konata later in this series wearing red clothes & carrying a croquet/polo mallet, I'm outta here! wink.gif

Although her on skates & wearing an outsized gauntlet/glove-type of thing would suit Konata, methinks! biggrin.gif

jiuuri-chan   May 11 2007, 05:56 AM Quote
It randomly occurred to me .... but the lurking/stalking guy in the opening theme .... could he be Konata's father? All your talk about him being a loli-fan made me wonder laugh.gif

I'm 85% pretty sure it's him..

user posted image
I found this in a Danbooru-like website and i saw that one of the tags is Izumi Kanata

IMO,ep5 is the best LS episode i've watched and it makes me more addicted to LS that i changed my Desktop Fate/Stay Night wallpaper into Kagami's.. I really love the "ED" where Kona-chan sang her own version of Cha La Head Cha La..and i even can hear Hirano Aya's touch in it like how she sang God Knows. I really love it that i ripped that part,convert it into WAV and set it as my Cellphone ringtone ^w^

Oh yeah,another thing. Remember the scene where Kagami scooped a Goldfish and shouted "Getto Daze!!!!" and the subtitle wrote "Gotta Catch em' all" (Sounds like Pokemon,right?) FYI,"Getto Daze" is the Original Japanese version of the famous quote "Gotta Catch em' all" in the US version of Pokemon.

user posted image

Telliamed-chi   May 11 2007, 06:45 PM Quote
QUOTE (mamori @ May 09 2007, 03:13 PM)
hmm, this seems to go against a certain theory...

Yup. But did you notice the way Nanako was talking to Yui, and how interested she was to find out Yui also lives by herself...

(Even though Yui is actually married and lives by herself because her husband works in a different city.)

And I like that this is animated differently than the other stuff KyoAni has done. It's like this is a big "screw you!" to all the people who wanted to pigeon-hole the studio into the style of Haruhi, Kanon and Air. Of course, they're going to go back to that style for Clannad and H2, but only for consistency and it's what people expect. LS is a way for them to do something different. They even made fun of the art style when they threw in those high-detailed scenes in episode 4.

I wonder if LS is really having any effect on the schedule for Clannad. Wouldn't they just split the staff and work on both at the same time? Especially since they likely don't need as as many people for LS.

--- tom

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (51) « First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... Last » Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll