Website/Forum
Episode Playback
Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Lucky Star, kyoto production..moe..moe... >o<

Pages: (51) « First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... Last »
tonifreyr-dono   May 11 2007, 07:25 PM Quote
I thought the scene where the cop meets the teacher hilarious,
And I just cant get those yukatas out of my head wink.gif

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais May 11 2007, 07:57 PM Quote
QUOTE (jiuuri @ May 11 2007, 04:56 AM)
Oh yeah,another thing. Remember the scene where Kagami scooped a Goldfish and shouted "Getto Daze!!!!" and the subtitle wrote "Gotta Catch em' all" (Sounds like Pokemon,right?) FYI,"Getto Daze" is the Original Japanese version of the famous quote "Gotta Catch em' all" in the US version of Pokemon.

I caught that, but only because I've been watching the new D&P series. tongue.gif I was laughing when I saw that though. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Telliamed)
I wonder if LS is really having any effect on the schedule for Clannad. Wouldn't they just split the staff and work on both at the same time? Especially since they likely don't need as as many people for LS.

I'm thinking it will. Here's what I think will happen: KyoAni will finish up with LC in September at episode 24, but instead of going straight into Clannad starting in October, I think they're going to wait until April 2008, partly because Clannad's story starts in spring, and also because of what they have done in the past with both Air and Kanon. See, they started to hype both Air and Kanon about a half a year before they came out, and so far they haven't even released a prelude to Clannad like they did with Kanon and Air. What I think is going to happen is that they are going to release a prelude disk to Clannad either at the Comiket in August, or the one in December. If it's the one in August, then I'd be betting on a January 2008 release for the show; if it's the one in December, I'd be better on April 2008.

However, with the Air release, KyoAni released the anime first and then a month later Toei released the movie, so if they do something like that this time too, then KyoAni might start Clannad a month after the movie premiers in October, but considering that we haven't heard much about the TV series yet, and also because no prelude disk has been released, I think the chance for an October 2007 release at this point is slim. Either way, this summer will bring more information, I'm betting on that at least.

Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

blue123-chi   May 11 2007, 08:20 PM Quote
This is a little off topic here but I'm seeing alot of mentions in here about Haruhi 2, is this confirmed? Hopefully if it does come out they'll toss some Lucky Star references into Haruhi 2 as well laugh.gif

hideto-san   May 11 2007, 08:44 PM Quote
^It's just a possibility. There's no rock solid news yet. Well I would prefer if they didn't, because they have a chance to mess up the series and that's the last thing Haruhi fans want.

@ Juhachi : I think its better to only watch gym leaders and E4 battles only smile.gif .

I loved the scene where Konata was talking about the triggering of a H-scenario. She was on the verge of saying it when Kagami stopped her.
And yeah, Konata's ain't as smart as we perceive her to be. Her true talent lies in sports (pretty ironic for an otaku).
Btw, the author of LC is called Yoshimizu Kagami. Lol.

user posted image

chiisai_hana-nipah!   Retired May 11 2007, 09:56 PM Quote
Going back to the art style, not only is it great because it is true to the manga, but it also allows for them to do the highly detailed things which stand out. Things like the Mayumi poster really stood out in the background because the animation was different.

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais May 11 2007, 11:23 PM Quote
QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ May 11 2007, 08:56 PM)
Going back to the art style, not only is it great because it is true to the manga, but it also allows for them to do the highly detailed things which stand out. Things like the Mayumi poster really stood out in the background because the animation was different.

I was wondering about the Mayumi poster, and about the Sia poster in the first episode. Is KyoAni trying to plug the game for some reason? laugh.gif

davidnsz-chan   May 12 2007, 04:52 AM Quote
@ hideto: I think Konata is smart, just that she is lazy to learn/think.

@ Juhachi: No, I don't think they are trying to do anything with the posters, just a further example of Konata being an otaku... tongue.gif Since she is so into visual novel/h-games, Shuffle! would be a prime example!

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais May 12 2007, 05:22 AM Quote
QUOTE (davidnsz @ May 12 2007, 03:52 AM)
@ hideto: I think Konata is smart, just that she is lazy to learn/think.

@ Juhachi: No, I don't think they are trying to do anything with the posters, just a further example of Konata being an otaku...  tongue.gif Since she is so into visual novel/h-games, Shuffle! would be a prime example!

Which would also be why they have included shots of Fate/stay night? huh.gif If that's true, then I want some more blatent Kanon, Air, Clannad (or any other Key work) plugging, like Konata buying Ayu's winged backpack, or Tsukasa wearing Ayu's head band. I do realize they gave a Kanon reference in episode 4, but still. dry.gif

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired May 12 2007, 09:56 AM Quote
I don't know if anyone's commented on this yet, but the framed shot of Kona-chan seems to be a reference to Kero's corner in Card Captor Sakura:
user posted image user posted image
(taken from CCS ep.18, "Summer Festival")

@Stig: I think you're right about her humming "Bouken desho desho" though I have to say I would never have caught it, and it doesn't look to me like afk spotted it, or else their translation of those lyrics is different to how I recall them.

This is from around 17:05 (the bits I've put in brackets are just hummed):
QUOTE (bouken desho desho)
...desho desho?
(Honto ga uso ni) kawaru sekai de
(Yume ga aru kara) tsuyoku naru no yo
dare no (tame janai)

It's an adventure surely, right?
Truth is cloaked in deception in this world of lies
Dreams make us strong
it isn't for someone else

user posted image

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team May 12 2007, 10:26 AM Quote
QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ May 12 2007, 09:56 AM)
@Stig: I think you're right about her humming "Bouken desho desho" though I have to say I would never have caught it, and it doesn't look to me like afk spotted it, or else their translation of those lyrics is different to how I recall them.

This is from around 17:05 (the bits I've put in brackets are just hummed):
QUOTE (bouken desho desho)
...desho desho? (HONTO ga uso ni) kawaru sekai de
(Yume ga aru kara) tsuyoku naru no yo dare no (tame janai)

Actually, what Konata was humming has altered the original lyrics a bit. She was humming 'solo party desho desho'.

And as for all those shuffle, Fate/Stay Night picture for the manga/magazine in the Lucky Star anime, it's just a pun they decided to pull for fun. They can do this because they are all from the same publisher.

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

chiisai_hana-nipah!   Retired May 12 2007, 01:27 PM Quote
For the Shuffle! references .... remember, Shuffle! also appeared in Haruhi, so it's not so weird that it's in Lucky Star. The Mayumi poster was actually clever because it only confirmed that Konata plays the game! (Remember, earlier in the episode she went on about the line in the game which stated that 'flat chests are okay and valuable'. It immediately made me think of Mayumi laugh.gif )

I guess I've listened to the Haruhi themes too much because I picked up the altered lyrics right away and sent my friend a frantic message about it tongue.gif

Didn't catch the CCS similarity, but it's true, it does look like that Kero's Corner segment! Having caught up on Death Note now, I see the similarities there more (I caught the voice but not the setup of the stage), and the scene right before that reminded me of Higurashi ....

But with nearly 20 episodes remaining, I'm sure there are plenty more allusions coming our way .... some more Key is probably in order.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Proud Member of the SSS (Suki Suki Sia-chan)
It's all about the pretty boys: Yaoi Anime, Yaoi Manga
Love FSTV? Leave a thanks for the team :)

Forum Rules :: Download FAQ :: My FTV Blog

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais May 12 2007, 05:18 PM Quote
Okay, I have to ask again, where in episode 5 was Konana humming Bouken Desho Desho? I have no idea where at all... unsure.gif

QUOTE (Chiisana)
Shuffle! also appeared in Haruhi

Where? huh.gif

chiisai_hana-nipah!   Retired May 12 2007, 05:30 PM Quote
The humming part appears when she is playing on the computer. Kanata gives up studying for a "break", and while she's calmly sitting there clicking the mouse, she hums the song (but with different lyrics). She stops when she finds the sword. This is all around 17 minutes into the episode, and there is different background music playing from her videogame, so you have to listen to just Konata.

QUOTE (ANN)
In Episode 2, when Haruhi Suzumiya is ranting about why she dragged an upperclass girl into the club, she holds up two magazines, both with characters from "Shuffle" on the cover. Yuko Goto (Mikuru Asahina), Tomokazu Sugita (Kyon), and Sayako Aoki (Kyon's little sister) were the seiyuus of Kaede, Rin, and Lisianthus from "Shuffle".

It's in the scene when she's explaining why she abducted Mikuru, for the "moe" factor. She holds up two magazines, and Kaede and Asa are on the one cover wink.gif This happens really quickly, at 19:47-ish in episode two. You have to pause it to get a good look! The other cover has another Navel girl. So it's not odd that KyoAni would put Shuffle! in Lucky Star, I think.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Proud Member of the SSS (Suki Suki Sia-chan)
It's all about the pretty boys: Yaoi Anime, Yaoi Manga
Love FSTV? Leave a thanks for the team :)

Forum Rules :: Download FAQ :: My FTV Blog

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais May 12 2007, 05:38 PM Quote
Oh now I remember that scene in episode 2; it's been a while since I saw the series so I guess I forgot. tongue.gif

And I've been thinking this since yesterday, but about halfway through episode 5 we see Kagami wearing red ribbons in her hair rather than the usual black. It's been bugging me because I think that might be a reference to Rumi Nanase from Key's older game One (which they made under Tactics), who also appeared several times as a cameo background character in many Kanon 2006 episodes. Rumi also wore red ribbons in her hair...

And about her humming Bouken Desho Desho, I remember the first time I watched the episode that I couldn't understand what she was saying and I just thought she was talking nonsense. Damn, and I should have caught that too since I've listened to the Haruhi songs so many times. laugh.gif

Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

jul10-mokyu   Retired May 14 2007, 06:47 PM Quote
For those who can's wait for the Single OP - Motteke! Sailor Fuku to come out on 23rd May, you can download the MP3 copy ~Full Version~.
Lucky Star Single - OP (full version): Download Link Here (Thx for moetron)

Please note that this is only a full version copy, so the quality might be not as good as the real one. The real one will come out on May 23rd.

nashaa-san   May 14 2007, 07:33 PM Quote
QUOTE (mamori @ May 09 2007, 02:13 PM)
hmm, this seems to go against a certain theory...
user posted image

as well as user posted image

yea,i noticed that too...and since i was the one that brought up the theory,my mind was like,wth...i don't know what to think anymore.

i was thinking of posting the manga strip that made me came to that conclusion,but then,why spoil the fun.let's just wait and see.maybe they decided to make certain twist in the anime rolleyes.gif

tonifreyr-dono   May 14 2007, 08:01 PM Quote
didnt they change directors???
maybe thats the reason for the change in konatas characteristics, im happy she isnt lesbian, cause for some reason I dont like yuri, Im completely straight, but I dont like girl on girl, thats kinda wierd isnt it???

chiisai_hana-nipah!   Retired May 14 2007, 08:59 PM Quote
QUOTE (tonifreyr @ May 14 2007, 10:01 PM)
Im completely straight, but I dont like girl on girl, thats kinda wierd isnt it???

I would imagine not! Not every straight girl likes guy on guy, so why should every straight man like girl on girl? Everyone has different ... fantasies tongue.gif

No one has suggested that perhaps Konata likes girls and guys? laugh.gif

@jul: Oh, thanks for the link! I've been dying for the full version wink.gif

Episode 6
Lucky Star @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification May 15 2007, 01:02 PM

jul10-mokyu   Retired May 15 2007, 04:29 PM Quote
Anyone remember my previous avatar? ----> user posted image

If you think that it is cute, then you should see this: http://www.trendmicro.co.jp/vinfo/virusenc...5FHARADONG%2EAL

user posted image
Watch out of Kagami's wrath!!

user posted image
Fansub. TV does not deal with licensed anime or Media Factory Inc. Works.
For complete information, please read the Anime Rules

user posted image
user posted image --> Fansub TV Awards #3
user posted image --> Fansub TV Awards #4

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired May 15 2007, 04:46 PM Quote
QUOTE (jul10 @ May 15 2007, 10:29 PM)
user posted image
Watch out of Kagami's wrath!!

I might have guessed that Kagami would be against P2P.....

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (51) « First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... Last » Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll