Website/Forum
Episode Playback
Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Lucky Star, kyoto production..moe..moe... >o<

Pages: (51) « First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Last »
Mowerman-dono   Sempais May 15 2007, 07:40 PM Quote
LoL cousin-san went Initial D on their arses biggrin.gif

chiisai_hana-nipah!   Retired May 15 2007, 07:41 PM Quote
Hmm, I think my favourite parts of six are the Lucky Channel and ending (Konata sings out of turn, go figure tongue.gif )

I'll have to rewatch it when I'm less distracted. But Konata coming in on Tsukasa and Kagami's conversation in the bath was amusing laugh.gif Special type indeed!

Barbobot-the Pirate King   Fansub TV Team May 15 2007, 07:48 PM Quote
Anyone else find it funny when Miyuki was explaining why salt water and chlorine along with UV rays can damage you're hair? I was kinda chuckling during that whole segment and i'm not really sure why. It's not like anything was inherently funny about it. She was just describing what happens to your hair and wasn't making any jokes, but I still found it funny.

And someone please enlighten me about what Konata meant by "timotei" when she was stroking her hair. I'm not really sure what it means, but I couldn't stop laughing each time she did it.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Oblivious to the World - My Blog
Barbobot's Anime List
Current Top 5 Ongoing (Updated for Winter '10 01/10)
1. Durarara!
2. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
3. Katanagatari
4. Kimi ni Todoke
5. Dance in the Vampire Bund
Special Nod to Ongoing Series: Cross Game, FMAB

davidnsz-chan   May 15 2007, 08:36 PM Quote
Oh my goodness! Initial D!!! Will the references NEVER stop??!!!

I just sat back and told myself this can't be happening when the animation (even the faces!) and the music changed to something I watched a few years ago... And then laughed so hard the back of my chair broke. I'm serious! Now I need to ask for a new chair thanks to Lucky Star...

Gutter-drift!

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired May 15 2007, 08:49 PM Quote
QUOTE (Barbobot @ May 16 2007, 01:48 AM)
And someone please enlighten me about what Konata meant by "timotei" when she was stroking her hair.

It's just a brand of shampoo, she was copying the shampoo ads where a girl with beautiful long hair is rinsing or stroking it sensuously

Bakemono   May 16 2007, 02:48 AM Quote
I want to play WoW with Kona-Chan!!! rolleyes.gif

Hyuuga Hakke Kūshō   Sempais May 16 2007, 03:17 AM Quote
this was one of the better episodes. I love the initial D reference. Hey isn't Konata cousin a big game/anime freak to?

nashaa-san   May 16 2007, 03:36 AM Quote
QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ May 15 2007, 08:49 PM)
It's just a brand of shampoo, she was copying the shampoo ads where a girl with beautiful long hair is rinsing or stroking it sensuously

lol, i miss the ad.haven't seen it in awhile.that shampoo ad was back when i was still in my kindergarten/elementary days.i don't remember specifically but it was really old laugh.gif

Hyuuga Hakke Kūshō   Sempais May 16 2007, 03:40 AM Quote
you kona-chan is into the old school things smile.gif . She wore her school swimsuit to the beach.

A true Otaku tongue.gif

Inoji-san   May 16 2007, 10:18 AM Quote
Um...I was wondering something.
At this part, Tsukasa finds an album.
Tsukasa-"Sis. Look at this album. Isn't this picture of dad a little gross?"
Kagami-"Right! That's when I was wondering about Dad's thing."
Dad hears....*sweatdrop* "You look like you're having fun...but are you getting any cleaning done?"
blink.gif
Makes you wonder... > _ >;

davidnsz-chan   May 16 2007, 11:57 AM Quote
QUOTE (Hyuuga @ May 16 2007, 03:17 AM)
this was one of the better episodes. I love the initial D reference. Hey isn't Konata cousin a big game/anime freak to?

I wouldn't know about the cousin. Seems she is rather into games (Was she playing a Nintendo DS when she came over to play in Ep 5???). Not sure about anime though... Although Kagami seems to realise the Initial D reference.

todkapuz   May 16 2007, 06:16 PM Quote

Also how does Konata's dad know how to tie the ribbon?

Sorry for reaching back a few posts here... the ironic aspect here, and is highlighted in the episode ... is that the obi knot tied is not a female obi knot, instead it is a slight variation on a typical male obi knot that has been pulled out a bit to create "bows" ... it would be tied when a guy would wear a male yukata (shorter, doesnt have the horrrrrrible fold of the female yukata ) in a typical bath house or similar place.... I fell down laughing when I saw it smile.gif

smokie-sama   Retired May 16 2007, 06:20 PM Quote
OMG I just finished watching it and I ROLFed during the Initial D scene. The cup of water and everything. I think they messed up on the last curve though. I think she was using grip driving more in the style of the Night Kids rather than Takumi's drifting.

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais May 16 2007, 06:33 PM Quote
Episode 6 was amazing; it just keeps getting better and better! laugh.gif

I was so surprised to see that Initial D reference; that was an amazing sequence with the different animation and old-school music. And I really like the sensei's character; she reminds me of Haruko from Air what with loving to drink and her Kansai-ben accent. biggrin.gif

tonifreyr-dono   May 16 2007, 07:36 PM Quote
I have never watched Initial-D but since im such an otaku I recocnized that it was that series, and after seeing that scene, Im thinking of watching it.
I loved the part where kagami tells konata that its her fault she didnt get hit on and the look on konatas Face, Hilarious, I laughed so hard I swallowed the rest of my jawbreaker, it wasn't that big anymore, but it was still a pretty big piece

user posted image

smokie-sama   Retired May 16 2007, 10:32 PM Quote
I feel stupid. I watched it again and noticed she used Takumi's gutter drift. I'm a baka.

For some reason I feel that will be the high point of the series for me. Although the episodes are getting better and better so I might just have to eat my words.

Kojachi   May 16 2007, 11:31 PM Quote
timotei... timotei... timotei!!!!!! laugh.gif

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team May 17 2007, 03:36 AM Quote
There two other references people haven't mentioned yet...blasting the watermelon with a gun is a FMP: Fumoffu references, and then for the Konata's 'Ghost Story', the driver was singing "Futariwa Pretty Cure" out loud...now that is scary...in a different meaning... laugh.gif

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais May 17 2007, 04:23 AM Quote
I have some more opinions to give:

Why did they put in that semi-long bit of Miyuki explaining why your hair gets squeaky after being in the ocean? It wasn't particularly funny and they just cut it short so that it wouldn't drag on. That scene reminded me of the food scene from episode 1, but of course it wasn't as long. And is it just me, or do they seem to talk about food a lot? Just in episode 6, they were talking about the food at the restaurant by the beach.

Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

riharu   May 17 2007, 05:37 AM Quote
Just watched episode 6 and it was awesome, never expected them to use an Initial D reference xD.

Anyway, does anyone know that techno song that plays during that Initial D parody scene? I assume it's from m.o.v.e, one of bands that gave the OP and ED songs for Initial D itself. Can anyone clarify?

Most appreciated. smile.gif

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (51) « First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Last » Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll