Website/Forum
Episode Playback
Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Lucky Star, kyoto production..moe..moe... >o<

Pages: (51) « First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Last »
julezia-chibi   Fansub TV Team May 17 2007, 06:04 AM Quote
Perhaps they talk about food a lot because it is something that teenage girls talk about. I was thinking back, and I can remember a few conversations like that... especially while eating, isn't it normal to talk about food? Maybe it just isn't normal to have so many conversations like that animated tongue.gif
Listening to them talk about food, even really greasy food that only tastes good on the beach makes me hungry!!
I thought the Initial D scene was hilarious, and I also enjoyed watching fang-sensei getting lost.
Kagami wanted to get hit on, hahaha.. I concur that Konata's face was just priceless when Kagami admitted to it.
All in all, it continues to improve, and it's a show I definitly look forward to every week.

user posted image

Currently Watching:
Shingeki no Kyojin, Monogatari Series: Second Season, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, Genshiken Nidaime, Silver Spoon, Free!, Blood Lad, Rozen Maiden Zurckspulen, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince, Space Brothers, Uchouten Kazoku, Servant x Service, Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation, Gatchaman Crowds, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou

My Anime List

davidnsz-chan   May 17 2007, 06:37 AM Quote
I think this series really stands out as a "slice of life" type of anime. Many times I go "Yes! I do that too!" Especially when it comes to study habits (ref: her 30 minutes break becoming a few hours etc.). The discussions about food and hair might be boring to some, but for me (and I hope a few others) it is actually quite funny to see what we usually talk about/do being animated in such a way... (ref: vacation food, although sucky, always tastes good)

I don't think I'm making sense here, so I'll stop...

misha-dono   Retired May 17 2007, 06:49 AM Quote
QUOTE (davidnsz @ May 17 2007, 06:37 AM)
I think this series really stands out as a "slice of life" type of anime. Many times I go "Yes! I do that too!" Especially when it comes to study habits (ref: her 30 minutes break becoming a few hours etc.). The discussions about food and hair might be boring to some, but for me (and I hope a few others) it is actually quite funny to see what we usually talk about/do being animated in such a way... (ref: vacation food, although sucky, always tastes good)

I don't think I'm making sense here, so I'll stop...

Heyas,

"Lucky Star" certainly ranks alongside "Azumanga Daioh", "Sensei no Ojikan" & "Pani Poni Dash" in terms of it being an enjoyable 'slice-of-life' anime. And I LOEV the references thrown in too - my favourite being when Konata (at her '30 Min.' session) finds 'Levantine' - heh, a "MGLNA's" reference!! I only hope & pray that someone's done a fanart pic of Konata as Signum, as a result of this!

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team May 17 2007, 11:19 AM Quote
QUOTE (Juhachi @ May 17 2007, 04:23 AM)
Why did they put in that semi-long bit of Miyuki explaining why your hair gets squeaky after being in the ocean? It wasn't particularly funny and they just cut it short so that it wouldn't drag on.

Because it is to display one of the main thread of Miyuki's character. Believe it or not, I knew it was going to take a while before she even start explaining laugh.gif So it a matter of 'if you ask Miyuki to explain something, be prepared to sit around for a while before she's done' biggrin.gif Now picture this scene in the 4-koma manga...it's most likely a panel with Miyuki's speech bubbles with content so long, that she goes on and on and on like there's not ending to it...w

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais May 17 2007, 02:23 PM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ May 17 2007, 10:19 AM)
Because it is to display one of the main thread of Miyuki's character. Believe it or not, I knew it was going to take a while before she even start explaining laugh.gif So it a matter of 'if you ask Miyuki to explain something, be prepared to sit around for a while before she's done' biggrin.gif Now picture this scene in the 4-koma manga...it's most likely a panel with Miyuki's speech bubbles with content so long, that she goes on and on and on like there's not ending to it...w

If we assume that that scene was in the manga. The food scene from the first episode wasn't...

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team May 17 2007, 05:19 PM Quote
QUOTE (Juhachi @ May 17 2007, 02:23 PM)
If we assume that that scene was in the manga. The food scene from the first episode wasn't...

I'm not saying it that long explaination is definitely in the manga, but it's more like something that Miyuki would do. Imagine that scene was in 4-koma (even if it wasn't really in the manga), Miyuki's explaination would had been something like talking as long as 12 columns per speech bubble in each panel, and then finish off at the last panel with Konata, Kagami and Tsukasa getting dizzy in the bath (for being in it too long) regretting that they asked Miyuki to explain things laugh.gif

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais May 17 2007, 06:04 PM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ May 17 2007, 04:19 PM)
I'm not saying it that long explaination is definitely in the manga, but it's more like something that Miyuki would do. Imagine that scene was in 4-koma (even if it wasn't really in the manga), Miyuki's explaination would had been something like talking as long as 12 columns per speech bubble in each panel, and then finish off at the last panel with Konata, Kagami and Tsukasa getting dizzy in the bath (for being in it too long) regretting that they asked Miyuki to explain things laugh.gif

I still don't see it really that funny. I rewatched the scene and it was a little better this time, but near the end of her explanation she gets really technical and is difficult to follow when you're just reading what she's saying. Anyway, I also rewatched the Initial D reference about 3 more times; I love that sequence so much! laugh.gif

smokie-sama   Retired May 17 2007, 06:07 PM Quote
QUOTE (Juhachi @ May 17 2007, 07:04 PM)
I also rewatched the Initial D reference about 3 more times; I love that sequence so much! laugh.gif

So have I! I still can't help but laugh my ass off every time I see it.

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired May 17 2007, 06:27 PM Quote
I feel like I must be the only person here who's never watched Initial D ;_; in fact I don't even know what type of anime it is (except that it apparently features a car chase!) when I watched this ep I only thought of Yukari's reckless driving in Azumanga and the traumatised Chiyo-chan.

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais May 17 2007, 06:30 PM Quote
QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ May 17 2007, 05:27 PM)
I feel like I must be the only person here who's never watched Initial D ;_; in fact I don't even know what type of anime it is (except that it apparently features a car chase!) when I watched this ep I only thought of Yukari's reckless driving in Azumanga and the traumatised Chiyo-chan.

It's not too surprising that you haven't seen Initial D, though it's not really that old. The last season just ended a year ago. It's mainly about the underground Japanese street racing and the drift racing Yui was doing is a prime focus in the series. I think I'm going to go watch it again now. laugh.gif

And I don't know if it was asked here, but does anyone know what song plays during the Initial D scene?

Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

Barbobot-the Pirate King   Fansub TV Team May 17 2007, 06:50 PM Quote
QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ May 17 2007, 08:27 PM)

You're not the only one Hiroyuki. I've never seen Initial D, nor do I really have any desire to, but I was able to recognize it as Initial D mainly because that's the only racing anime I know of. But I guess I was one of the only people who found Miyuki's explanation kinda humorous.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Oblivious to the World - My Blog
Barbobot's Anime List
Current Top 5 Ongoing (Updated for Winter '10 01/10)
1. Durarara!
2. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
3. Katanagatari
4. Kimi ni Todoke
5. Dance in the Vampire Bund
Special Nod to Ongoing Series: Cross Game, FMAB

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team May 17 2007, 07:14 PM Quote
QUOTE (Juhachi @ May 17 2007, 06:04 PM)
I still don't see it really that funny.

It's not supposed to be funny. It just give the viewer a feeling of 'AH!! Just as we expected of Miyuki...she is being an encyclopedia again!! Hope she will get it over and done with soon...' If we don't want to lose valuable episode time, we better hope that the gang won't be stupid enough to ask her to explain things again...

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

chiisai_hana-nipah!   Retired May 17 2007, 08:09 PM Quote
QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ May 17 2007, 08:27 PM)
I feel like I must be the only person here who's never watched Initial D ;_;

I've never seen it either, but it's recognizable because of its distinct animation style (for me). Plus, it's also the only racing anime I know!

I certainly hope the gang doesn't ask Miyuki to answer anything again .... ph34r.gif

riharu   May 17 2007, 08:48 PM Quote
QUOTE (Juhachi @ May 17 2007, 06:30 PM)
It's not too surprising that you haven't seen Initial D, though it's not really that old. The last season just ended a year ago. It's mainly about the underground Japanese street racing and the drift racing Yui was doing is a prime focus in the series. I think I'm going to go watch it again now. laugh.gif

And I don't know if it was asked here, but does anyone know what song plays during the Initial D scene?

I did ask about a few posts back (at the top of page 14 if I'm not mistaken), but so far none replied yet sad.gif

I tried looking up the song myself, but nothing came up. Its hard to search for a song you cant even hear the lyrics properly, but I'm pretty positive its a song by m.o.v.e because I recognize the girl's vocals and the guy's rapping.

The only audible lyrics I heard were "Feel the Power" , "Paradise" , "You are my gravity(?)" and "Fly high".

Even so, I cant seem to match any of their lyrics with the one in episode 6. I'm still looking for it though. laugh.gif

Iryane   May 18 2007, 10:52 AM Quote
Well I think it's a parody ver. of Noizy Tribe op of 4th stage and for the singer I think it's really M.O.V.E biggrin.gif

davidnsz-chan   May 18 2007, 12:42 PM Quote
QUOTE (Barbobot @ May 17 2007, 06:50 PM)
You're not the only one Hiroyuki.  I've never seen Initial D, nor do I really have any desire to, but I was able to recognize it as Initial D mainly because that's the only racing anime I know of.  But I guess I was one of the only people who found Miyuki's explanation kinda humorous.

Barbobot-dono, You're not the only one. I wasn't laughing too hard, but I did like how they presented it, especially with Miyuki warning them beforehand that it was quite complicated...

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ May 17 2007, 08:09 PM)
I've never seen it either, but it's recognizable because of its distinct animation style (for me). Plus, it's also the only racing anime I know!

I certainly hope the gang doesn't ask Miyuki to answer anything again ....

Distinct animation style indeed. The cars and even the faces. I never saw another anime which had such extremes of quality --> beautiful CGI cars mixed with horridly drawn faces...

riharu   May 18 2007, 08:10 PM Quote
QUOTE (Iryane @ May 18 2007, 10:52 AM)
Well I think it's a parody ver. of Noizy Tribe op of 4th stage and for the singer I think it's really M.O.V.E biggrin.gif

Yes, I think it might be. But still, I'm not ruling out the possibility that it may be a song on its own. I have alot of M.O.V.E songs, but all of them are from the Initial D anime.

They have plenty other more songs which were never used and I get this feeling it might be one of them. Just a hunch though. It'll really help if someone could point it out, and I apologize if this post/request seems a little off topic. ph34r.gif

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team May 19 2007, 01:28 AM Quote
By the way, has anyone noticed Konata's 'school swimsuit'? It says 'Class 6-3 Izumi'? I guess they weren't kidding about Konata haven't grown at all since 6th grade afterall... laugh.gif

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais May 19 2007, 03:44 AM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ May 19 2007, 12:28 AM)
By the way, has anyone noticed Konata's 'school swimsuit'? It says 'Class 6-3 Izumi'? I guess they weren't kidding about Konata haven't grown at all since 6th grade afterall... laugh.gif

I noticed that too the second time I saw the scene; that means she hasn't grown much in about 5 years. blink.gif

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team May 19 2007, 03:56 AM Quote
QUOTE (Juhachi @ May 19 2007, 03:44 AM)
I noticed that too the second time I saw the scene; that means she hasn't grown much in about 5 years. blink.gif

na...5 years is nothing...if you compare to wondering how many years Konata's mom hasn't grown...with her being like an identical twin biggrin.gif

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (51) « First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Last » Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll