Website/Forum
Episode Playback
Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Lucky Star, kyoto production..moe..moe... >o<

Pages: (51) « First ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Last »
Thugforlife1232-dono   May 22 2007, 04:32 PM Quote
What was also funny in Lucky Star ep 7 was that Konta was talking like a rich-girl in the Ep and in the show there was a yuri opening song playing called Strawberry Panic (Second opening) I like how they had to yuri type references in the show and Iluvgurlswitglasses was funny as well!!!

I love her!!!

d'observer-Procrastination Expert   Sempais May 22 2007, 04:40 PM Quote
QUOTE (Thugforlife1232 @ May 22 2007, 04:32 PM)
I  love her!!!
You're not the only one my friend,that's for sure! tongue.gif

Anyway,is neko-mouth loli is now a hype for otakus in Japan? rolleyes.gif We've got Mikan from Manabi Straight! who have the exact same mouth. rolleyes.gif Except that Mikan isn't an otaku herself,and ain't trying to be as loli as possible like Konata. rolleyes.gif

Oh yeah,both of them are 17 years-old in loli form...again,is this somehow a hype in Japan now? tongue.gif

smokie-sama   Retired May 22 2007, 04:49 PM Quote
QUOTE (d'observer @ May 22 2007, 05:40 PM)
Oh yeah,both of them are 17 years-old in loli form...again,is this somehow a hype in Japan now? tongue.gif

Yes but at 17 thats too old. They likes em young over there like 11 or 6. Sorry watched AMV Hell Zero yesterday, kinda still recovering from being mentally disturbed.

Yeah um this Lucky Star sort of thing has been big with Japanese otaku for a few years now. Its pretty closely related to moe. I think they replaced all the air in Akihabara with moe a few months ago. They also serve it at most of the maid cafes.

Fansub TV Corrupter of Souls
Aniki. Proud leader and founder of Fansub TV's Dai Gurren-Dan.
~Do the Impossible, See the Invisible~
~Grow, Grow, Fight the Power~
~Touch the Untouchable, Break the Unbreakable~

blckdemondrgn-gao...?   Retired May 22 2007, 06:07 PM Quote
Does anyone know what is with WinD subbing this? like are they having technical problems or whatnot?

I've only watched until episode 4 cause I am choosing a subber I know and trust.

I am so behind on this >-<...

smokie-sama   Retired May 22 2007, 06:45 PM Quote
a.f.k. is subbing it and I've yet to see a.f.k. do a bad job on anything.

blckdemondrgn-gao...?   Retired May 22 2007, 06:50 PM Quote
QUOTE (smokie @ May 22 2007, 08:45 PM)
a.f.k. is subbing it and I've yet to see a.f.k. do a bad job on anything.

well they do a decent job on the animes I've seen from them.

since I am so desperate I will probably dl from them since the others are random new subbers.

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais May 22 2007, 07:02 PM Quote
I loved episode 7, it was so amazing! biggrin.gif

The best parts were all involving the yuri series, like Strawberry Panic! or Marimite in a few of the scenes, and then Konata's email address. XD

I also noticed that Konata's ringtone is Hare Hare Yukai no less.

And of course that Tsukasa's ringtone was Canon in D!!! biggrin.gif When I heard that, I couldn't contain my happiness. I need more Kanon references. happy.gif I want that ringtone so badly! O_O

Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

MKK2004-ecchi   Retired May 22 2007, 07:26 PM Quote
Tometei CM Lucky Star Vers.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GJ8XdnboX-E

smokie-sama   Retired May 22 2007, 07:39 PM Quote
QUOTE (MKK2004 @ May 22 2007, 08:26 PM)
Tometei CM Lucky Star Vers.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GJ8XdnboX-E

Hmmmmmmmm so Timotei is a shampoo/haircare product. Now I know.

mamori-sama   Sempais May 22 2007, 08:39 PM Quote
sunflowers...あれ?

Telliamed-chi   May 23 2007, 12:38 AM Quote
QUOTE (Juhachi @ May 22 2007, 08:02 PM)
And of course that Tsukasa's ringtone was Canon in D!!! biggrin.gif When I heard that, I couldn't contain my happiness. I need more Kanon references. happy.gif I want that ringtone so badly! O_O

Isn't that usually one of the built-in ringtones. I think I recall always seeing it when I get a new phone. Though obviously you'd pro'lly want better quality. In that case there's a couple places where you can get most classical music free.

Dunno what the deal with WinD is. Too bad, since I can't bear afk. Main thing I like is their TL notes, but they don't update the website until after they release an ep.

--- tom

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais May 23 2007, 12:58 AM Quote
QUOTE (Telliamed @ May 22 2007, 11:38 PM)
Isn't that usually one of the built-in ringtones. I think I recall always seeing it when I get a new phone. Though obviously you'd pro'lly want better quality. In that case there's a couple places where you can get most classical music free.

Dunno what the deal with WinD is. Too bad, since I can't bear afk. Main thing I like is their TL notes, but they don't update the website until after they release an ep.

Not in any phone I've had. There's always some other classical song I can't remember, but Canon in D I've never seen built in. Do you know where I can get the ringtone for free? biggrin.gif

And translators notes are great, but with afk since they aren't there, you can enjoy watching the episode rather than having all the references pointed out to you. I myself find it more enjoyable if I notice the references myself rather than being told them, and besides, some of them are pretty obscure, and IMO if you couldn't notice it yourself, then you wouldn't have gotten the joke besides, but that's me. So yes, I go with afk.

Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

d'observer-Procrastination Expert   Sempais May 23 2007, 02:05 AM Quote
Me going for whoever doing the earliest release. tongue.gif Not really faithful to any fansubber. rolleyes.gif Unless,there are too many mistakes,or their TL somehow really doesn't fit and ruin the mood(I do know a bit Jap.So if even I could notice the mistake,that just means the TL is done poorly. rolleyes.gif ),I guess any fansubbers would be fine with me.And yeah blckdemondrgn-sempai,I think a.f.k is pretty good,so I think you don't have to worry. wink.gif

But like Juhachi-sempai said,they didn't provide much references to the gag or parodies in the series.I didn't even know about the 'timotei' thing before MKK-sama mentioned it! ohmy.gif (I thought it's kinda old Japanese culture or something...how could I know about 1990's CM in Japan? tongue.gif ).But I like it when they even translate the crew's name. biggrin.gif Not that I read all of their names,but at least it kinda feels like we're paying respects to the crews as well. laugh.gif (but I read the seiyuus name,though I didn't really remember much tongue.gif )

That being said,I can't find the fansubbers name in the credits! ohmy.gif Did I missed them,or they really didn't put their name there? huh.gif
Anyway,my torrent is going really slow...I can't wait to watch ep.7!Damn it....

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais May 23 2007, 05:37 AM Quote
QUOTE (d'observer @ May 23 2007, 01:05 AM)
That being said,I can't find the fansubbers name in the credits! ohmy.gif Did I missed them,or they really didn't put their name there? huh.gif

From what I heard, afk is run by a single person, who I assume has the initials a.f.k. tongue.gif Don't know if it's true, but it makes at least some sense. No real need to write: Editor: a.f.k, Typesetter: a.f.k, Translator: a.f.k., etc, etc. Either way, thank you afk guy who first brought us Haruhi last year. happy.gif

hideto-san   May 23 2007, 05:49 AM Quote
Well [a.f.k] is quite a good subber imo.

Episode 7 :
Miyuki got pwned by the dentist.. And to think that she was oblivious to Konata acting in an ojou-sama way. laugh.gif
Getting stuck at homework really sucks, especially if you choose to ask a policewoman for solutions to homework.
We have the cornets, again.
Konata's father makes an appearance, but he doesn't talk! (I think he didn't either in the manga.)

I don't know about you guys' phones, but can you actually find your phone number in your phone?

user posted image

Mowerman-dono   Sempais May 23 2007, 06:12 AM Quote
I've been trying to figure out the whole reason behind this anime, i.e. what the author is trying to convey, and I think I finally have it. Basically, this is an Otaku education video biggrin.gif They explain all the aspects of what drives an Otaku, in detail.

QUOTE (hideto @ May 23 2007, 05:49 AM)
I don't know about you guys' phones, but can you actually find your phone number in your phone?

Yes you can. You just have to have the right type of phone. Mine is under the options menu. The cheapo phones usually don't have it though due to the fact that these are usually the ones that you would give to your kids and they are likely to loose them. However, it's very easy to figure out the number if you have a friend with a cell phone or someone with caller ID biggrin.gif .

Hyuuga Hakke Kūshō   Sempais May 23 2007, 09:04 AM Quote
hey wasn't Konata's acting like the girls from Maria-sama ga Miteru

I thought the funniest part was When Konata said her email address on the bus

This series has really grown on me tongue.gif

I wondering when are they going to start introducing some of the other girls that are in the opening

smokie-sama   Retired May 23 2007, 01:33 PM Quote
QUOTE (Mowerman @ May 23 2007, 07:12 AM)
I've been trying to figure out the whole reason behind this anime, i.e. what the author is trying to convey, and I think I finally have it. Basically, this is an Otaku education video biggrin.gif They explain all the aspects of what drives an Otaku, in detail.

I have to respectfully disagree. There have been things made for otaku education the first of which was Otaku No Video that Gainax made in back in 91 and more recently Genshiken and portions of Welcome to the NHK. I suppose Lucky Star might teach some people about dating sims and while I find those portions humorous I do not find them educational since I already know about visual novels.

I feel Lucky Star is more of an in joke for people who are already otaku or rather solely a commercial venture aimed at the otaku community who spend vast amounts of money. I suppose the latter can be said of many things though and it doesn't make it entirely bad.

Also its not difficult to understand what drives otaku. Its the anime, the manga, the games, the Pocky, and sexy maid outfits. laugh.gif In any case I find otaku to be rather undefinable. Its not something you can stick a label on or determine scientifically. I'm having trouble conveying what I want but I think that may help prove my point. You can say what otaku is but otaku remains so much more.

Fansub TV Corrupter of Souls
Aniki. Proud leader and founder of Fansub TV's Dai Gurren-Dan.
~Do the Impossible, See the Invisible~
~Touch the Untouchable, Break the Unbreakable~

Umandsf-chi   May 23 2007, 04:12 PM Quote
I don't believe that I never bothered to check here for some discussion of this show. All I have to say is "Love it! Love it! LOVE IT!!!" This is definitely one of the best shows I've ever had the pleasure to witness. Who would have thought that a show with no main plot but a somewhat chronological order would be this good? Of course, my parents and brothers don't understand this stuff, so...I'm all alone.

I must say, this last episode was the absolute best thus far. So many great moments. My favorite would have to be the cell phone number incident. The expression on her face was just adorable. Anyway, so much fun in so short a time.

I really don't care who subs (at this point) either, but that's because I've only checked a.f.k.'s version. Even if it doesn't point out all the references, it makes it even better when I look at it again and can then point them ot myself once I've learned about them. I hope this show continues its magic.

chiisai_hana-nipah!   Retired May 23 2007, 06:35 PM Quote
To weigh in on the subbing debate .... I also enjoy Wind's subs the best, but since they're taking so long, I decided to go with a.f.k. I will download and keep Wind's releases, but they're so far behind that right now, gotta go with someone quicker.

Loved episode seven. I love how you get the feeling of wanting to join their conversations .... For example, the lunch time scene when they began talking about buying skirts and dieting laugh.gif And until recently, I did the same thing as Tsukasa with my cell number ph34r.gif It took me five years to memorize my number, and when someone wanted it I could never remember what it was! And my old phone, it was so hard to find where the number was stored.

So, does anyone think they're gonna make an announcement about FMP soon? laugh.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Proud Member of the SSS (Suki Suki Sia-chan)
It's all about the pretty boys: Yaoi Anime, Yaoi Manga
Love FSTV? Leave a thanks for the team :)

Forum Rules :: Download FAQ :: My FTV Blog

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (51) « First ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Last » Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll