Website/Forum
Episode Playback
Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Lucky Star, kyoto production..moe..moe... >o<

Pages: (51) « First ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Last »
nashaa-san   Jun 08 2007, 08:02 AM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Jun 08 2007, 07:52 AM)
I noticed a mistake in the episode 9:

user posted image
Seem like they got the height of Konata and Kagami the wrong way round... biggrin.gif

isn't it the perspective view?kagami is the farthest so she should look like she was shorter than she actually is.and the same for konata since she was the nearest

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Jun 08 2007, 08:09 AM Quote
QUOTE (nashaa @ Jun 08 2007, 08:02 AM)
isn't it the perspective view?kagami is the farthest so she should look like she was shorter than she actually is.and the same for konata since she was the nearest

Na...it is definitely a mistake, even if with perspective taken into consideration as well.
Konata is originally half a head shorter than Kagami and the others, so there's no way this scene was done correctly.

Check the pic for their actual height:
user posted image

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

julezia-chibi   Fansub TV Team Jun 08 2007, 08:20 AM Quote
Nice find nashaa-san Aya Hirano's neko mouth is soooooo cute!!! happy.gif

I also watched the interview! Aya Hirano is kawaiiiiii. I love the way she talks. I also expected her to sound different... but she is so cute!! You can really see how talented she is, if this is the way she talks normally, she really puts a lot of effort into her roles, because they sound a lot different from her normal speech.

user posted image

Currently Watching:
Shingeki no Kyojin, Monogatari Series: Second Season, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, Genshiken Nidaime, Silver Spoon, Free!, Blood Lad, Rozen Maiden Zurckspulen, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince, Space Brothers, Uchouten Kazoku, Servant x Service, Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation, Gatchaman Crowds, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou

My Anime List

davidnsz-chan   Jun 08 2007, 08:39 AM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Jun 08 2007, 08:09 AM)
Na...it is definitely a mistake, even if with perspective taken into consideration as well.
Konata is originally half a head shorter than Kagami and the others, so there's no way this scene was done correctly.

Check the pic for their actual height:
user posted image

Hmmm, I think not. Kagami is bending her head downwards, so I think it is alright that she looks shorter... Doesn't look wrong to me. Even slight distances can have a large effect on the perception of size.

chiisai_hana-nipah!   Retired Jun 08 2007, 09:42 AM Quote
I have to agree about perspective. Konata is shorter than both Tsukasa and Kagami, but should be the largest in the picture. So she appears the same height as Tsukasa, and taller than Kagami. Maybe it's not 100% to scale, but I think it looks all right. (We'd need similar clips to do a real comparison!)

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Jun 08 2007, 10:05 AM Quote
QUOTE (davidnsz @ Jun 08 2007, 08:39 AM)
Hmmm, I think not. Kagami is bending her head downwards, so I think it is alright that she looks shorter... Doesn't look wrong to me. Even slight distances can have a large effect on the perception of size.

Don't think bending her head downwards is actually make much difference. If you try bending you own head downward, you would realise the difference are only a couple cm at most.

Dispite the perspective of 'things that are closer would look bigger', the scale for that scene is still wrong none-the-less. And even if putting Kagami aside, I still don't think Konata can look as tall as Tsukasa at that kind of angle with Konata being also nearly half a head shorter than Tsukasa as well.

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Jun 08 2007, 09:42 AM)
Maybe it's not 100% to scale, but I think it looks all right. (We'd need  similar clips to do a real comparison!)

This is how it should have been:
user posted image

smokie-sama   Retired Jun 08 2007, 10:10 AM Quote
On the scale issue did anybody just consider Konata is walking on the sidewalk and Kagami is in the street?

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Jun 08 2007, 10:16 AM Quote
QUOTE (smokie @ Jun 08 2007, 10:10 AM)
On the scale issue did anybody just consider Konata is walking on the sidewalk and Kagami is in the street?

That is not the case, because the following is the scene which follows the scene in question:
user posted image
Just watch episode 9 time 13:50-14:10 (a.f.k. version) and you will know what I mean by the scale is wrong.

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

smokie-sama   Retired Jun 08 2007, 10:23 AM Quote
So you think KyoAni made a mistake? Blasphemy! I thought you worshipped them. They are a god incapable of mistakes.

Looks like we have a heritic. laugh.gif

Umandsf-chi   Jun 08 2007, 02:58 PM Quote
Another one of these animation error type discussion which don't bother me much.

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired Jun 08 2007, 04:57 PM Quote
I think both drawings are wrong actually, they've not kept to the letter of the laws of perspective, just the general spirit of them. I hadn't noticed it myself until it was pointed out so I don't really think it's a problem. Pictures of the girls face on show that the top of Konata's head is level with Tsukasa's & Kagami's eyebrows. So assuming the girls are lined up (ie. walking abreast), we should be able to draw a straight line through Kagami's and Tsukasa's eyebrows and across the top of Konata's head.

So, here the top of Konata's head should be a little lower, though still above Tsukasa's eyebrows, in fact she should be drawn about the same height as Tsukasa
user posted image

whilst here the top of Konata's head should be about 1/4 of a head lower than it is
user posted image

All in all though I think the impression of perspective is ok, I've seen much worse gaffs in anime. One mistake that always surprises me (which Lucky Star doesn't suffer from) is when seated figures are drawn with the same height differences as when they are standing. This is wrong -- and looks very wrong -- because in adults/teens height differences are largely in the leg length and not the torso*, so when seated, people look quite similar in height, and if you draw short people just as much shorter when seated as standing (as I noticed happening in Yawara for instance, Yawara being a short girl like Konata) the short people end up looking like little children. If Kyoto Animation were making that mistake I'd be annoyed, since it's glaringly obvious, it just looks wrong, but they do get that right, with Konata being only fractionally shorter than the others when seated. However I don't think the perspective views of the girls walking look odd, even though they're not quite right.

*this is why tall girls look more "leggy" -- they really do have disproportionately longer legs! Hence the use of tall girls as models, since people like the leggy look.

user posted image

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais Jun 08 2007, 10:33 PM Quote
Well, if we are discussing animation problems, then look no further than the OP:

First we see the correct version, where Konata is shorter than the rest of the girls. Notice how Konata's skirt ends below all three of the others' skirts:

user posted image

Now, a bit later when we see them from the waist down, Konata has amazingly shot up a few inches and her skirt is now at level with the others:

user posted image

Perspective? I think not. tongue.gif

Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired Jun 09 2007, 06:43 AM Quote
Juhachi, the answer is quite simple. See that blue stuff behind her? Everyone thinks that's her hair, but it's actually the flames from her jet-pack. By not showing the girls' feet they prevent you discovering that she's actually hovering in midair in that scene.

In fact this explains all the other examples too, notice how we never actually see their feet in any of those disputed scenes, in fact we rarely see below waist level.

user posted image

Umandsf-chi   Jun 09 2007, 06:47 AM Quote
That or she might be standing on something...or on the tips of her toes...or it's not her at all.

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired Jun 09 2007, 06:52 AM Quote
Yes, what we need from KyotoAni is one of those "outtake" videos that some animation houses produce, where we get to see alternate angles and discover Konata is actually wearing platform trainers or being wheeled along on a trolley by a stage hand.

smokie-sama   Retired Jun 09 2007, 09:46 AM Quote
QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ Jun 09 2007, 07:43 AM)
Juhachi, the answer is quite simple. See that blue stuff behind her? Everyone thinks that's her hair, but it's actually the flames from her jet-pack. By not showing the girls' feet they prevent you discovering that she's actually hovering in midair in that scene.

In fact this explains all the other examples too, notice how we never actually see their feet in any of those disputed scenes, in fact we rarely see below waist level.

Hiroyuki-dono I am in awe of your...........insanity. It may even rival my own. I salute you sir!

Well mystery solved moving on.

Damn you KyoAni! More secondary characters. Uguu! need more moe.

jul10-mokyu   Retired Jun 09 2007, 09:55 AM Quote
I really want this game: Lucky Suto ~Lucky Star Troopers~

user posted image

user posted image user posted image

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Jun 09 2007, 12:00 PM Quote
QUOTE (jul10 @ Jun 09 2007, 07:55 AM)
I really want this game: Lucky Suto ~Lucky Star Troopers~

user posted image

user posted image user posted image

lol at Konata in the last one. She kinda reminds me of Rena from Higurashi just from holding that knife ph34r.gif

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais Jun 09 2007, 09:53 PM Quote
QUOTE (Umandsf @ Jun 09 2007, 05:47 AM)
That or she might be standing on something...or on the tips of her toes...or it's not her at all.

Funny you should mention that:

user posted image

I think this is really what is going on in this scene. rolleyes.gif

Kansatsusha-sama-プリムラ こいびと   Fansub TV Team Jun 09 2007, 11:08 PM Quote
QUOTE (Juhachi @ Jun 09 2007, 10:53 PM)
Funny you should mention that:

user posted image

I think this is really what is going on in this scene. rolleyes.gif

ummm ok that pic made me laugh for a few sec XD

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (51) « First ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Last » Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll