Website/Forum
Episode Playback
Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Lucky Star, kyoto production..moe..moe... >o<

Pages: (51) « First ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... Last »
Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais Jun 22 2007, 11:32 AM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Jun 22 2007, 10:04 AM)
Behold...the day before the DVD of Lucky Star on sale:
http://www.akibablog.net/archives/2007/06/...iba_070620.html

Oh man, looks like KyoAni will be the #1 animation company for years to come with the amount of money they are gaining just in the past year alone from Haruhi and Lucky Star. It's ridiculous to think how much revenue they've pulled in in just one years' time. laugh.gif

And about the latest episode, it was so depressing to see Nanako-sensei walking home after Christmas with that 50% off cake, and also seeing her online on Christmas Eve. ;_;

Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

smokie-sama   Retired Jun 22 2007, 12:03 PM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Jun 22 2007, 12:04 PM)
Behold...the day before the DVD of Lucky Star on sale:
http://www.akibablog.net/archives/2007/06/...iba_070620.html

Moe, moe everywhere! I really loved the giant Kona-chan on the floor. The crayon picture of Kagami was great too.

nijlandp-sama   Sempais Jun 22 2007, 01:09 PM Quote
i have to agree with you, yuhachi. it was kind of sad to see Nanako-sensei going home alone and being alone on christmas eve. It was strange to see that even this program can be serious about something. I earlier mentioned that it would be nice to see Nanako-sensei and Konata's dad meet each other. Maybe they could make something nice about that (even though it doesn't fit into the show). And of course it would be crazy to see something like Konata, Konata's dad and Nanako-sensei arguing about games biggrin.gif .

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Jun 22 2007, 03:06 PM Quote
QUOTE (Juhachi @ Jun 22 2007, 11:32 AM)
Oh man, looks like KyoAni will be the #1 animation company for years to come with the amount of money they are gaining just in the past year alone from Haruhi and Lucky Star. It's ridiculous to think how much revenue they've pulled in in just one years' time. laugh.gif

And about the latest episode, it was so depressing to see Nanako-sensei walking home after Christmas with that 50% off cake, and also seeing her online on Christmas Eve. ;_;

Well, indeed the sales of the Haruhi anime DVDs ranked No.1 at Gamers for the earlier period which they were giving away random anime telephone with every 2 DVDs purchase, but it was outranked by Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Nanoha A's anime DVDs!!

How Haruhi anime DVDs being ranked at No.1 got outranked you asked? Well, the Nanoha and Nanoha A's was ranked as 'GOD' with the achievement over 6 times the sales of the No.1 ranking Haruhi anime DVDs
Don't believe me? here's the prove:
http://www.akibablog.net/archives/2007/06/nanoha_070618.html

Oh and as for the Nanako-sensei in this episode, do people actually understand the cruel Christmas cake joke? If not may be I'll explain...

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Jun 22 2007, 03:20 PM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Jun 22 2007, 02:06 PM)
Well, indeed the sales of the Haruhi anime DVDs ranked No.1 at Gamers for the earlier period which they were giving away random anime telephone with every 2 DVDs purchase, but it was outranked by Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Nanoha A's anime DVDs!!

How Haruhi anime DVDs being ranked at No.1 got outranked you asked? Well, the Nanoha and Nanoha A's was ranked as 'GOD' with the achievement over 6 times the sales of the No.1 ranking Haruhi anime DVDs
Don't believe me? here's the prove:
http://www.akibablog.net/archives/2007/06/nanoha_070618.html

biggrin.gif That's because I bought a lot of them jk. But I really do want a lot of that stuff. Too bad I can't afford it nor can I get it here sad.gif
In a sense I'm happy, but I'm sure if Haruhi comes out with a second and third season like Nanoha, then It would be close assuming the other haruhi seasons are good. Don't forget, it was A's and the announcement of StrikerS that made the big bang. cool.gif It really could not have topped Haruhi sales without those two.
Nanoha x Fate FTW~~~ *snuggles*

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
Watchlist Updated
Top 5 Ongoing anime (12/26/2012)
*Note: Gundam Seed HD Remaster does not count*
1) Shinsekai Yori
2) Bakuman 3
3) Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
4) Initial D: Fifth Stage
5) Smile Precure!

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Jun 22 2007, 03:29 PM Quote
QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jun 22 2007, 03:20 PM)
In a sense I'm happy, but I'm sure if Haruhi comes out with a second and third season like Nanoha, then It would be close assuming the other haruhi seasons are good. Don't forget, it was A's and the announcement of StrikerS that made the big bang. cool.gif It really could not have topped Haruhi sales without those two.
Nanoha x Fate FTW~~~ *snuggles*

Well, if you want simple answer, I guess you could always go for the 'majority of the otaku are lolicon' laugh.gif

If you think about it...it make perfect sense. Like how Haruhi ending song 'Hare Hare Yukai' CD sales was already extremely high back then, but the sales of 'Motteke! Sailor Fuku' (Lucky Star OP) is much much more than it! tongue.gif

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Jun 22 2007, 03:34 PM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Jun 22 2007, 02:29 PM)
Well, if you want simple answer, I guess you could always go for the 'majority of the otaku are lolicon' laugh.gif

if majority of the otakus are lolicon, what would that make me rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Also, I find Lucky Star OP much better at this point than Haruhi ED. Much better tune and more hilarious.

I might want to make a trip to Japan sometime soon before they take all of it off the shelf when it becomes outdated XD

user posted image
Watchlist Updated
1) Shinsekai Yori
2) Bakuman 3
5) Smile Precure!

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Jun 22 2007, 03:37 PM Quote
QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jun 22 2007, 03:34 PM)
if majority of the otakus are lolicon, what would that make me  rolleyes.gif   laugh.gif

That would make you and me (and possibily lots of members here) one of those many... biggrin.gif

I guess I will explain the deal with the Christmas cake and Nanako-sensei in case there are somebody don't understand...

In Japan, there is a metaphor of 'women that passed the age of 25 and still not married are like Christmas cakes passed the 25th (left-overs)'. The Christmas cake is referring to Nanako-sensei being 27 years old and still still single.

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Jun 22 2007, 03:38 PM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Jun 22 2007, 02:37 PM)
That would make you and me (and possibily lots of members here) one of those many... biggrin.gif

user posted image
Watchlist Updated
1) Shinsekai Yori
2) Bakuman 3
5) Smile Precure!

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Jun 22 2007, 03:54 PM Quote
QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jun 22 2007, 03:38 PM)
not a loli kami sama disappointing  sad.gif

We may be loli-kami and moé-shogun here, but we must face the reality that if we ever set foot on Akiba, we would be nothing more than a novice... laugh.gif

There will be lots of 'level-ups' we need such as getting autographs directly from a seiyuu in an event, taking photo, buying lots of anime girl figures, visiting Maid cafes, taking photographs of cosplayers (from low angle biggrin.gif ), buying hentai manga....oops, I think I better stop there... biggrin.gif

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais Jun 22 2007, 04:37 PM Quote
If the studio that made Nanoha is getting as much money as you say they are, then why is it that the animation in StrikerS is incredibly sub-par? You'd think with all this extra money they'd actually put some towards doing worthwhile animation for the TV releases. sleep.gif

And as for those sales figures, it is completely unfair that they coupled Nanoha season 1 with A's since Haruhi (and I see Air down there at #3) is only one season long, and the Nanoha series have been out longer to boot so it's been able to get many more fans. IMO, that is not a valid comparison and given enough time KyoAni will still reign supreme; just wait and see.

As for the cake reference, thanks for the explanation. wink.gif

Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

d'observer-Procrastination Expert   Sempais Jun 22 2007, 05:27 PM Quote
QUOTE (Juhachi @ Jun 22 2007, 04:37 PM)
If the studio that made Nanoha is getting as much money as you say they are, then why is it that the animation in StrikerS is incredibly sub-par? You'd think with all this extra money they'd actually put some towards doing worthwhile animation for the TV releases. sleep.gif

Haha,I can see the point there sempai.They could have make the lolis in there more dreadfully moe than they are now,but yet they don't.I hope they didn't getting the idea of maximizing profits while minimizing budgets,at least have mercy on us that is dying for more moe lolis... sad.gif (and quality)

BTW,thanks for the explanation for the cake Marine-sempai,can't figure that out myself if I'm left alone without any explanation.Still,if sempai that is already full of knowledge would be a novice in Akiba,I don't know on what level would I stand there. huh.gif Maybe I'll just freak out watching all those true otakus. rolleyes.gif

Oh yeah,there seem to be a hype right now for Lucky Star doujinshis.Yes,none other than the hentai doujinshis.And it seems a lot has labelled Lucky Star's H-doujinshis into loli-H category... rolleyes.gif Slightly creepy...(don't ask how I know about this.. rolleyes.gif )

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Jun 22 2007, 05:31 PM Quote
QUOTE (Juhachi @ Jun 22 2007, 04:37 PM)
And as for those sales figures, it is completely unfair that they coupled Nanoha season 1 with A's since Haruhi (and I see Air down there at #3) is only one season long, and the Nanoha series have been out longer to boot so it's been able to get many more fans. IMO, that is not a valid comparison and given enough time KyoAni will still reign supreme; just wait and see.

I would love to continue to discuss this issue, but it seem that it drifting off topic from Lucky Star...

Back to Lucky Star discussion...I noticed how some people mentioned that some topics in the anime seem to be a bit too long. I just want to say that this is because originally in the manga, the 4-koma (4-panels) doesn't have a fix time-line or season for the order of the stories. That's is why for the anime, the director need to pick out topics/materials from the manga that belong in the same seasons and put them together. And yes, in some case it does seem a bit dragged...but you people must understand that it ain't easy to turn 4-koma into anime...

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Jun 22 2007, 07:43 PM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Jun 22 2007, 04:31 PM)
I would love to continue to discuss this issue, but it seem that it drifting off topic from Lucky Star...

We can always bring this back in either through the Haruhi thread or the Nanoha thread or even the General Anime Discussion thread. I like this discussion. It's quite an interesting find. However, now that I think about it, wouldn't that mean Nanoha would get licensed soon ph34r.gif I HOPE NOT! Not when StrikerS subbed hasn't even reached half-way.

user posted image
Watchlist Updated
1) Shinsekai Yori
2) Bakuman 3
5) Smile Precure!

philo-chan   Jun 23 2007, 06:28 PM Quote
I dont really think Akira-sama is going to become a main character in episode 12, she would probably become like an Extra and pick up a handkerchief like minoru.

Also we do see alot of girls in the OP, and like 2 of those have appeared but with minor roles... and lines.

This is why i hate being disconnected... Everyone is on EP11 and i just saw those 11 eps yesterday... so i cant comment without feeling that im wasting everyones time... Wahhh..... Timotee!! (thats was so funny!).

This anime somehow reminds me of Azumanga Daioh (probably somebody already said this) and also the Scene where Senzei drinks the Glass of beer (The Beach EP), i think it was exactly the same angle and movement as Misato in NGE.

And my favorite bit was the one about Initial D. And Favorite Character is Konata, even tough Yuki is pretty cute, i find Konata Extremly Cute.

Again... i believe somebody already posted all of this and im on topics that happened probably weeks Ago, so... Sorry.

user posted image

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Jun 24 2007, 02:13 PM Quote
OK the raw of episode 12 is out. Although I haven't watched it yet, I heard that it is the most funny and crazy episode and it's not based on the manga...and it has lots of references (aka advertisement for real anime related products biggrin.gif ) and inside jokes.

Hope the sub will come out soon laugh.gif

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

Kansatsusha-sama-プリムラ こいびと   Fansub TV Team Jun 24 2007, 02:22 PM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Jun 24 2007, 03:13 PM)
OK the raw of episode 12 is out. Although I haven't watched it yet, I heard that it is the most funny and crazy episode and it's not based on the manga...and it has lots of references (aka advertisement for real anime related products biggrin.gif ) and inside jokes.

Can't wait till the sub is out laugh.gif

humm cant wait till it come out too ^__^

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Jun 24 2007, 04:42 PM Quote
I made a mistake when I said episode it no based on the manga...I was actually only half right. It seem that first half of the episode is still using materials from the manga...it is the 2nd half of the episode that is original (not based on manga).

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Jun 26 2007, 03:23 PM Quote
Behold, the highlight of episode 12:
Kagami reading the yaoi doujinshi of SousukeXGauln lmao (In case people don't remember, Kagami is a fan of FMP  tongue.gif

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

Barbobot-the Pirate King   Fansub TV Team Jun 26 2007, 03:33 PM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Jun 26 2007, 05:23 PM)
Behold, the highlight of episode 12:
Kagami reading the yaoi doujinshi of SousukeXGauln lmao (In case people don't remember, Kagami is a fan of FMP  tongue.gif

That's amazing. I can't wait to see episode 12 now, although I haven't even seen episode 11. blink.gif

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (51) « First ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... Last » Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll