Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Lucky Star, kyoto production..moe..moe... >o<

Pages: (51) 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last »
smokie-sama   Retired Apr 11 2007, 11:01 PM Quote
Besides the intro the first six minutes is just talking about food. Uguu! how can they be so cruel by making us sit through some of that stuff. Don't get me wrong it has its awesome moments usually when games or anime are mentioned but some of it gets as the great Shikamaru Nara would say "Tiresome".

vester-chan   Apr 11 2007, 11:07 PM Quote
i found this amine to be booooooorrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggggg lol

i think i will watch one or two more eps

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Apr 12 2007, 01:05 AM Quote
QUOTE (yomingo @ Apr 11 2007, 08:26 PM)
also the story seems abit random, like its not really going anywhere, its really random to me .... kinda like hidamari sketch. to me they are kinda similar and im not sure its in a good way

This is because both Lucky Star and Hidamari Sketch are originally 4-panels manga, which is why they don't really have a solid storyline. And since they were from 4-panels manga, the incidents would not necessarily relate to each other, which is why it feels kind of random.

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

aoi_sora9x-san   Apr 12 2007, 07:18 AM Quote
I myself pretty enjoy those normal-life anime/manga smile.gif
how to say, this anime is damn random, but as long as it's cute and more, who cares? XD
the same way goes for Ichigo Mashimaro smile.gif
(anybody here likes chokoto sister?)

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired Apr 12 2007, 08:56 AM Quote
important resource: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garlic_chives
Allium tuberosum aka Garlic chives or spring onion or scallion or green onion
in case you didn't know what they were talking about for half the episode.
user posted image
Edit: actually I may have got that wrong

VesVes-chan   Apr 12 2007, 09:34 AM Quote
I'll watch lucky star when the remaining 23 episodes are uploaded

AnimeLuva-chi   Apr 12 2007, 10:34 AM Quote
Wow I LOVE the opening! It just sticks to your brain >< laugh.gif
LOL Kona literally means woman in my laungague<stupid word<
And i have made a anime char thats much older and before i saw this but,
Kona looks like her clone blink.gif

julezia-ohana   Sempais Apr 12 2007, 10:53 AM Quote
I was really disappointed with the first episode, I was expecting it to be funnier... I think the talk about food was just way too long, it got to the point where it was just annoying and not funny. (to me anyways) but I will watch a few episodes, just incase it gets better. It improved slightly near the end of the episode....

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired Apr 12 2007, 11:11 AM Quote
QUOTE (VesVes @ Apr 12 2007, 03:34 PM)
I'll watch lucky star when the remaining 23 episodes are uploaded

That’s way too late, I predict this series will be licensed about half way through fansubbing, Kadokawa already have English language fliers out for it trying to sell it. Grab it while you can, the SF-S softsubs are ok, for me this is definitely the best anime of the spring, what Manabi Straight might have been but didn’t achieve. Interesting how they wear the same uniforms as To Heart, and Tsukasa is exactly like To Heart’s Akari except purple hair. It’s like a 4-koma version of To Heart (very like azumanga which was also based on a 4-koma) except no Hiroyuki and with the pushy Shiho replaced by a sort of otaku version of Haruhi with the looks of Kana-chan in Full Metal Panic.

user posted image

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Apr 12 2007, 11:51 AM Quote
QUOTE (julezia @ Apr 12 2007, 10:53 AM)
I think the talk about food was just way too long, it got to the point where it was just annoying and not funny. (to me anyways)

I know what you mean...but if you try to see it from a different point of view, you can see the talk about the food is used for showing what the characters' personalities are like. And I think there hopefully there shouldn't be anymore boring talk like the food talk again in the future episodes.

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

smokie-sama   Retired Apr 12 2007, 01:29 PM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Apr 12 2007, 11:51 AM)
I know what you mean...but if you try to see it from a different point of view, you can see the talk about the food is used for showing what the characters' personalities are like. And I think there hopefully there shouldn't be anymore boring talk like the food talk again in the future episodes.

Lets hope so. Let this be the end of boring conversations and "let the wacky schoolgirl antics begin!"

julezia-ohana   Sempais Apr 12 2007, 01:36 PM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Apr 12 2007, 11:51 AM)

Yea I thought about that too... but, they could have done that in a more interesting way, or not make it so damn long! My anime buddy (she's not as obsessed as me) got so annoyed by the food talk that she gave up on Lucky Star completely sad.gif Even if the show does get funnier, I doubt I will ever get her to watch it again, lol. Ah well, then it's her loss, right? laugh.gif

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired Apr 12 2007, 03:25 PM Quote
Actually the conversation about which end of a cream pastry to eat first etc was what I really liked about the episode, this focus on trivial things is exactly what made me love To Heart so much.

Have none of you ever had conversations like those? Especially in my student days I used to love idly discussing things of no importance, like how many angels you could fit on the head of a pin and whether you were allowed to stack them up or if they had to squeeze onto it side by side, and if you were allowed to stack them could you do it inifintely or would some of them be squashed to death by the weight of the ones above them, and whether you were talking about an ISO standard pin head or whether any actual pin was acceptable . . . . of course high school girls would rather talk about how best to eat a cream cake but it was still very interesting I thought, the very fact that they were discussing such inconsequentiual things so ernestly and in such detail was really funny, and as Marine said their different personalities and relationships shine through.

user posted image

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais Apr 12 2007, 03:26 PM Quote
Look, a ton of people are having grips about the food scene; it takes up about a third of the episode (6 minutes near the beginning, and 1 minute near the end), and just drags on and on. First time I saw it, I thought it was going to end after the strawberry cake thing, but then the mayonnaise conversation started and then the eggs thing and the green onions; it was pretty bad IMO. Since then, I've seen 4 versions of episode 1: the RAW, the SF softsub, the SF Jokesub (really funny btw, makes the food scene so much more enjoyable), and the afk hardsub. Of the two subbing groups, afk is by far superior; it's interesting to read his subs since he doesn't only translate but writes scripts like professional companies. This gives reading the subs much more closer to what the characters are trying to convey and is overall more enjoyable, at least for me. PLus, afk did Haruhi last year, so I'm sure he's already famous due to that.

Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

julezia-ohana   Sempais Apr 12 2007, 03:29 PM Quote
I'll give the second episode a try with afk next time, thanks for the info Juhachi smile.gif
I really want to enjoy this show, so I hope better subs might help...

Finder_Seraph-chan   Apr 12 2007, 08:19 PM Quote
I was already really impressed with the subs on the OP alone. Usually, I can watch raws and understand pretty well but the beginning part of the OP was giving me lots of trouble since it was so fast.

Also once I saw the Jap and Eng translations I was like Ohhhh, how come I never heard that lol

It was well done. Usually, most OP subs are botched on the first try.

However, Overall it was definitey really well done.

@ AnimeLuva
I definitey agree the OP is really fresh

@ Juhachi
Too true. Sound Advice =)

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

alchemist11-dono   Apr 12 2007, 11:39 PM Quote
For some reason i got hungry after watching 5 minutes of episode 01, damn it really pulls you in aye.

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Apr 13 2007, 12:04 AM Quote
Just want to say be careful with the OP laugh.gif It's like a drug that would make you get addicted and make you have to watch it like everyday... biggrin.gif

TheWiGgLer   Apr 13 2007, 12:31 AM Quote
lol it already got me addicted to it.
anyone know where I can D/L the OP music?

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais Apr 13 2007, 02:16 AM Quote
QUOTE (TheWiGgLer @ Apr 12 2007, 11:31 PM)
lol it already got me addicted to it.
anyone know where I can D/L the OP music?

http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=64242

It's only a TV size though; the full version should probably be out in the next couple of weeks.

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (51) 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last » Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll