Website/Forum
Episode Playback
Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Lucky Star, kyoto production..moe..moe... >o<

Pages: (51) « First ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... Last »
Inoji-san   Sep 19 2007, 08:12 PM Quote
There's always that other loli show coming soon for me.
Kodomo no Jikan
It may not have as much fanservice..but it's loli comedy nonetheless.
Lucky Star had to end one day. It couldn't go on forever right? It would be nice if they brought the PS2 characters of Lucky Star and made it into a new season of Lucky Star. ; _ ; That yellow hair girl from the PS2 is cute.

ChorosChronos-chi   Sep 20 2007, 08:43 AM Quote
QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Sep 19 2007, 07:07 PM)
Dondake has been used in the Santa Claus reference as well as the Shiraishi picking up the hankerchief scene. Basically Dondake means wtf or some sort of gasp.
QUOTE ("Wikipedia")
The 'dondake' in the song title "Dondake Fanfare" is a slang term originally used among gay community that has no real meaning, but is used as an exclaimation of surprise, and thus would equate in English as, "What the?!"

So, basically you're right.
It's "WTF?!" the otaku way.

I've been looking for what Ikahodo means but all I found is
"Ikahodo-deshou?" is a better word than "Ikura?" or "Ikura-desuka?" when the customer asks a price, but I'm very sorry that it rarely hears in present Japan.

And
el ultimo baile salio perfecto (lleno de moe) ikahodo! al final hiiragi le puso muchas ganas
shiraishi con akira
y las dos niñas que no pudieron entrar al festibal

Can anyone translate this?

user posted image

Inoji-san   Sep 20 2007, 09:38 AM Quote
I looked up Ikahodo if anyone was wondering.
Ikahodo=how much, however

destroyah-chan   Sep 20 2007, 11:02 AM Quote
QUOTE (ChorosChronos @ Sep 20 2007, 06:43 AM)
And
el ultimo baile salio perfecto (lleno de moe) ikahodo! al final hiiragi le puso muchas ganas 
shiraishi con akira 
y las dos niñas que no pudieron entrar al festibal

Can anyone translate this?

In Reply to ChorosChronos:

Here's a rough translation, cause the dialect is a bit choppy :|

"The final dance came out perfectly (full of moe) Ikahodo!"
"At the end, Hiiragi encouraged Shiraishi, Akira, and the two girls, who couldn't enter the festival."

As I said before, there are a couple words missing from wherever you copied that from, making translation a bit more complicated than it has to be. With the missing words, it could translate quite differently as well.

Hope it helps, nonetheless. rolleyes.gif

philo-chan   Sep 20 2007, 06:54 PM Quote
Dondake... Ikahodo... theyre just probably teasing the fans with this.

Anyway, yeah i hoped those two girls, wich appear on the DS game, could have enter the festival, and at the end, i wanted to see konata's dad with his camera taking pictures at everyone and making Kagami uncomftable.

*OFF-Topic* Strikers is Loli-Fanservice??? i have to see that!! Kodomo no Jikan, i considered that Loli and fanservice, i loved the part where theyre "grown-up".

user posted image

guibin   Sep 21 2007, 10:32 PM Quote
QUOTE (Inoji @ Sep 19 2007, 09:23 AM)
XD...I feel so empty now. I'm gonna have to get Lucky Star DS now...to fill that emptiness.
blink.gif

lucky star DS?

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Sep 21 2007, 10:41 PM Quote
QUOTE (guibin @ Sep 21 2007, 09:32 PM)
lucky star DS?

The Lucky Star DS is just as the name implies, a DS game involving stuff from Lucky Star. Unfortunately, it is and will probably only ever be released in Japan

Shinobu's_Lover-sama   Sep 22 2007, 08:51 AM Quote
QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Sep 21 2007, 10:41 PM)
The Lucky Star DS is just as the name implies, a DS game involving stuff from Lucky Star. Unfortunately, it is and will probably only ever be released in Japan

Hey i heard with this game you can actually "toutch" the girls anywhere and they'll react to it. Is this actually true? huh.gif

hamasusuke-aniue   Retired Sep 22 2007, 09:47 AM Quote
Description of the DS game ( I think this is the only two they ever released):
"A video game, entitled Lucky ☆ Star Moe Drill (らき☆すた 萌えドリル, Raki ☆ Suta Moe Doriru?), was released on December 1, 2005 on the Nintendo DS. A limited edition game with many extras was sold called the "DX Pack" along with the regular version. A sequel, with the title of Shin Lucky ☆ Star Moe Drill ~Tabidachi~ (真・らき☆すた 萌えドリル~旅立ち~, Shin Raki ☆ Suta Moe Doriru ~Tabidachi~?) has been released on May 24, 2007.

The genre of the first game is homework drills. It tests the player on various subjects and memorizations. The player's main objective is beating other characters in quizzes. There is also a "Drama ☆ Mode" where the game plays like a mini-adventure game as you make your way to Akihabara. Math quizzes and mini games (about five in all) pop up as you play along.

There are two different types of one-person games: "Hitasura ☆ Drill" and "Drama ☆ Mode". The player can also link the game with another person. When this occurs, the player can use the character that is built up in Drama ☆ Mode as a choosable character. Additionally, if the player wants to use a special battle skill against his or her opponent while in link mode, the player must shout out the name of the skill into the microphone. In Drama ☆ Mode, the player partners with one of the characters, and tries to increase her parameters and have her learn new battle skills. There are five different types of "drills". One of the quizzes called "Ondoku" requires the player to shout out the answer into the microphone. Several mascot characters of large anime and dōjin shops (like Broccoli's Di Gi Charat, Animate's Anime Tencho and Toranoana's Miko-chan make cameo appearances."

So no touchy for you. Also, that's somewhat a hentai reference. Please, keep it PG-13, will ya?

user posted image<--how long have I had this? Time for a change!
user posted image
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate.
Don't forget to read the rules <--Addresses all new, old, and recent members
F.A.Q. Page<---- Trouble shoot and Support Section

Shinobu's_Lover-sama   Sep 22 2007, 10:10 AM Quote
QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Sep 22 2007, 09:47 AM)
Description of the DS game ( I think this is the only two they ever released):
"A video game, entitled Lucky ☆ Star Moe Drill (らき☆すた 萌えドリル, Raki ☆ Suta Moe Doriru?), was released on December 1, 2005 on the Nintendo DS. A limited edition game with many extras was sold called the "DX Pack" along with the regular version. A sequel, with the title of Shin Lucky ☆ Star Moe Drill ~Tabidachi~ (真・らき☆すた 萌えドリル~旅立ち~, Shin Raki ☆ Suta Moe Doriru ~Tabidachi~?) has been released on May 24, 2007.

The genre of the first game is homework drills. It tests the player on various subjects and memorizations. The player's main objective is beating other characters in quizzes. There is also a "Drama ☆ Mode" where the game plays like a mini-adventure game as you make your way to Akihabara. Math quizzes and mini games (about five in all) pop up as you play along.

There are two different types of one-person games: "Hitasura ☆ Drill" and "Drama ☆ Mode". The player can also link the game with another person. When this occurs, the player can use the character that is built up in Drama ☆ Mode as a choosable character. Additionally, if the player wants to use a special battle skill against his or her opponent while in link mode, the player must shout out the name of the skill into the microphone. In Drama ☆ Mode, the player partners with one of the characters, and tries to increase her parameters and have her learn new battle skills. There are five different types of "drills". One of the quizzes called "Ondoku" requires the player to shout out the answer into the microphone. Several mascot characters of large anime and dōjin shops (like Broccoli's Di Gi Charat, Animate's Anime Tencho and Toranoana's Miko-chan make cameo appearances."

So no touchy for you. Also, that's somewhat a hentai reference. Please, keep it PG-13, will ya?

LOL yeah yeah. Sure thing I'll keep my comments to PG-13 level as best i can tongue.gif

About the DS game i've seen a screen shot where someone was taking the DS pen and...... making Yutaka *ahem* react to a poke on her upper torso.

hamasusuke-aniue   Retired Sep 22 2007, 10:51 AM Quote
yeah... i found that video on youtube.. and he's just tapping her. not "touching" her. I mean, how else would he proceed with the game? I see no ecchi relationship to it at all. If it did, then she would of gone "nyaa~~ don't touch there" or something in japanese.

Plus, as far as I can tell, it's similar to a Brain Age game with a doujin fighting twist for the top screen.

EDIT: I'm playing the game so far, and it's mostly IQ testing. Though, during the chatting, you can tap your character and they make funny expressions.

EDIT: Confirmed. You tease them, but that's all they do. so nothing past the simple anime-themed expressions.

user posted image<--how long have I had this? Time for a change!
user posted image
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate.
Don't forget to read the rules <--Addresses all new, old, and recent members
F.A.Q. Page<---- Trouble shoot and Support Section

Naxokta   Sep 22 2007, 11:39 AM Quote
I've played it, and yeah that's mostly what it is. It's a race against other characters to solve math problems, pick the right English words to finish a sentence, etc.

Moderator Note: For further game discussions please make a thread in the game section.

This post has been edited by Dragon-of-Rune on Sep 22 2007, 11:51 AM

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Sep 25 2007, 07:43 AM Quote
Does anyone know what happened to a.f.k fansubs? Are they still finishing up Lucky Star or are they a dead group? unsure.gif

Hiasubi-Cuddly Wubbly   Fansub TV Team Sep 25 2007, 07:50 AM Quote
QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Sep 25 2007, 02:43 PM)
Does anyone know what happened to a.f.k fansubs?  Are they still finishing up Lucky Star or are they a dead group?

I have a theroy behind it, a.f.k them selves are dead, but several members of a.f.k have gone off and Created Gurrend, since Lucky Star and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei which were both subbed by have afk have no been taken up by Gurrend, weather or not this is true or not i dont know, its just my Theory.

Top 5 Manga Currently Reading: {Updated - 6/7/2013}
1. Denpa Kyoushi
2. Kangoku Gakuen
3. Liar Game
4. Shaman King: Flowers
5. Sengoku Strays

user posted image
user posted image

chiisai_hana-nipah!   Retired Sep 25 2007, 02:34 PM Quote
Hmmm, maybe I should give up on afk and download the rest then ...

Anyway, what I was going to comment on. I was rewatching episode 18 and the dodgeball scene? I totally missed Tamura's seme/uke comment the first time through! I don't know if anyone else caught it, but if you didn't ...

"So Kobayakawa-san is attacking? And Iwasaki-san is on the inner side? So I'm receiv- er, I mean, I'm defending."

Oh Tamura laugh.gif (and if you don't know, she uses the term seme for attacking, and uke for receiving. In yaoi, these terms refer to sexual positions tongue.gif )

Edit: In episode 13, when they're discussing Valentine's chocolate, there are two scenes outside the school where random guy gives another random guy chocolate?! blink.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Proud Member of the SSS (Suki Suki Sia-chan)
It's all about the pretty boys: Yaoi Anime, Yaoi Manga
Love FSTV? Leave a thanks for the team :)

Forum Rules :: Download FAQ :: My FTV Blog

khael/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ being Meguca is suffering   Sempais Sep 28 2007, 12:42 PM Quote
Edit: In episode 13, when they're discussing Valentine's chocolate, there are two scenes outside the school where random guy gives another random guy chocolate?! 

Look closely and listen to the voice... The one giving the chocolate is actually Minoru Shiraishi...

Also watch the other scenes in the classroom and you'll eventually see Minoru entering the classroom with the red haird guy... Judging from that, my conclusion is that Minoru is gay (well it's just a gag and most probably not true IRL although the real guy actually cross dressed before...) laugh.gif ...

chiisai_hana-nipah!   Retired Sep 28 2007, 02:31 PM Quote
QUOTE (khael @ Sep 28 2007, 02:42 PM)
The one giving the chocolate is actually Minoru Shiraishi...

Seriously? lol. That somehow makes it that much more amusing. I just figured they reused a lot of voices. Heh.

So I avoided working on my paper and finished up Lucky Star (bad bad study habits!) and the highlight of the last episodes ... 100% Tamura for me. She has an Asukira poster!! Gundam Seed yaoi ftw~ And Yutaka reading her doujinshi, lol. I rarely say this, but I do wish they would do a second season of this show.

The only thing I would have liked better, was if they ended with the cheerleading performance. It felt a little strange how it just ended.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Proud Member of the SSS (Suki Suki Sia-chan)
It's all about the pretty boys: Yaoi Anime, Yaoi Manga
Love FSTV? Leave a thanks for the team :)

Forum Rules :: Download FAQ :: My FTV Blog

jiuuri-chan   Oct 01 2007, 11:34 PM Quote
Finally,i get to watch the final episode. Surely it really was a good finale,despite being a slice-of-life genre,unlike several Anime that have their endings happened to be cliffhangers and doesn't even looked like a finale... Truly agree with chiisai_hana,i also was actually hoping for it to end with the cheerleading performance instead of Shiraishi's random singing video.

However,i think it wasn't necessary to make an ending scene of them dancing as cheergirls in front of the audiences and getting big applauses and "Encore! Encore!" chants or else several people(especially Lucky Star haters) are going to say it's just rip-off of Haruhi's concert in episode 12..

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Posted on Sep 28 2007, 02:31 PM)
I just figured they reused a lot of voices. Heh.

I personally dislike the concept of using Kujira's voices in almost every background characters especially on the cute schoolgirls,it just make them sounds like an Okama/crossdressers. I remembered one part where Kona-chan was playing a PS2 Dating-Sim game with Kagami~n reading light novels beside/behind her. Seriously, i didn't figured it out that she was actually playing a Dating-Sim game until Kagami~n started questions about "the GIRLS...." in the game.

I just hoped they'll fix this in the second season.. Kujira as random Baa-san(s) and shopkeepers are alright but NOT as cute MOE schoolgirls...

user posted image

Archetype_Fox   Oct 05 2007, 08:25 PM Quote
QUOTE (philo @ Sep 19 2007, 06:35 PM)
did anyone understand what "Ikahodo" and "Dondake" mean? they kept saying it in the last ep.

It probably means nothing, but maybe its some sort of clue, or strange reference.

Ikahodo is actually a version of Dodanke as they mean the same thing.

Dondake is the first form of the word in general meaning "wtf" and has become the popular way of saying it. But, as some people think if it's popular then its not cool anymore. So, Ikahodo was made(i think it was first done in a tv show that and was used as one of the gay/homosexual characters had said it) and that became the more underground saying. It's still being discused as of today which is the better saying

shinigamii-geass prince~   Sempais Oct 07 2007, 03:19 PM Quote
I cannot believe how good the last episode was i hope so much that they make a second series although they probably wont it can hurt to hope can it.
The last dance had me like sugoy which means wow in japanese.
and i thought it was a fitting way to the end the whole anime not showing us teh festival dance although i was like they are all a bunch of Baka's-which is idiots in japanese for not letting us see it but after it finished i thought and realized how fitting the ending actually was. biggrin.gif

Dont be sad because its over be happy because it happened is my moto. cool.gif

user posted image
Visit my city and see the shinigamii realm.shiniville

Check out my Random Blog.

user posted image
user posted image

<Trivia> Hint: The Pe**o* *u** *o* Me
<@KansaLovePrimula> can i buy a vowel
Jun: lol sometimes you really need a kansa-english, english-kansa dictionary

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (51) « First ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... Last » Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll