Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Lucky Star, kyoto production..moe..moe... >o<

Pages: (51) « First ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 
Shinobu's_Lover-sama   Oct 30 2007, 11:44 AM Quote
Lucky Star has been licensed. Although not officially announced yet there is proof that Bandai has gotten it already.

chiisai_hana-nipah!   Retired Oct 30 2007, 02:03 PM Quote
The Lucky Star clip from the fourth Haruhi DVD can be viewed on this page. It's announced as a title which is "coming soon".

smokie-sama   Retired Oct 30 2007, 08:41 PM Quote
I don't see Lucky Star as something that would do well outside of Japan. Only hardcore moe mongrels and pedos would even consider buying it and the numbers just aren't there for this to seem like a good financial decision.

Shinobu's_Lover-sama   Oct 30 2007, 09:09 PM Quote
QUOTE (smokie @ Oct 30 2007, 08:41 PM)
I don't see Lucky Star as something that would do well outside of Japan. Only hardcore moe mongrels and pedos would even consider buying it and the numbers just aren't there for this to seem like a good financial decision.

THAT'S what they said about the Love Hina manga. Well we all know how that turned out. wink.gif

khael/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ being Meguca is suffering   Sempais Oct 31 2007, 08:37 AM Quote
The problem with this is most of the jokes in Lucky Star can only be understood by Japs and otaku themselves... If they plan to dub it then there'd be a serious problem...

Shinobu's_Lover-sama   Oct 31 2007, 09:58 AM Quote
Hey i GOT alot of the jokes because they mostly dealt with everyday life situations.

such as when Tsukasa was trying to go to bed and she either ended up too hot or too cold lol That happens to me alot.

khael/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ being Meguca is suffering   Sempais Oct 31 2007, 11:04 AM Quote
Of course there are those jokes [My favorite was the mosquito, actually tried it]. But what about the deep otaku jokes, also include the cultural puns and other Japanese media references. If they're including a guidebook i think it would help the people who don't get it to understand the puns and references.

chiisai_hana-nipah!   Retired Oct 31 2007, 11:15 AM Quote
Haruhi had quite a few of those "deep" jokes as well, and the series seems to be doing fine. Now, it might be harder with Lucky Star since there is no real plot but I'm sure they can adapt it somehow. Though, if they cater to the fans like they did with Haruhi and add a ton of extras and really promote it, I think they'll do fine. I'd be more inclined to buy this show than Haruhi, myself.

Shinobu's_Lover-sama   Oct 31 2007, 11:38 AM Quote
Just thought I'd share a little present with everyone. Don't worry It's harmless and is Lucky Star bassed.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=07QTM13T

khael/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ being Meguca is suffering   Sempais Oct 31 2007, 11:47 AM Quote
OOOH a present!1!! Can't wait...

BTW Pani Poni Dash got licensed right? How did the company [Dunno who licensed it.] solve the problem of the cultural puns and deep jokes? Esp. the on screen news thingy...

The fansubs that used to sub PPD included a .pdf file that explains all the puns and jokes on the episode. I think this method will allow the viewers to appreciate the originality of the show more.

-EDITED-

WTF!!!! KEWL!!!

Don't you have the other three? And what program did you use to make this? Oh, and what program do you use to run it? KAKKOIIII!!!! [Did i spell it right?]

Thanks~~~!!! (^0^)y

user posted image

"If it's for the sake of seeing others suffer, no effort is too great." ~Prince Baka

If you're going to enforce rules, don't be a hypocrite. You know who you are.

Things to note when reading my posts:
I have bad memory.
I'm like that anime character who's bad with names. I'm literally bad with names and faces.
I'm tired of political correctness/correctness in general, screw that, this is the internet.
Spelling liek dis doesn't necessitate illiteracy. U call it linguistic anarchy i.e. being lazy.
Also, I ****ed YOU'RE mom.

Shinobu's_Lover-sama   Oct 31 2007, 01:13 PM Quote
QUOTE (khael @ Oct 31 2007, 11:47 AM)
-EDITED-

WTF!!!! KEWL!!!

Don't you have the other three? And what program did you use to make this? Oh, and what program do you use to run it? KAKKOIIII!!!! [Did i spell it right?]

Thanks~~~!!! (^0^)y

1. She's the only one that has been made so far.
2. I found this.
3. You should just be able to click on it and it'll install itself and an icon should appear so you'd be able to turn it on and off.... i think.
4. "Kawaii" is how it is spelled.
5. Your welcome.

khael/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ being Meguca is suffering   Sempais Oct 31 2007, 01:30 PM Quote
I meant to say the Japanese word for cool, not cute... XD

Well anyways, if you find more please megaupload it again~!

BTW, you said Lucky Star got licensed, will they dub it or sub it? Did they say anything about that? And will they release it in countries other than the US?

Shinobu's_Lover-sama   Oct 31 2007, 01:39 PM Quote
There is a link toa teaser trailer in the post just below ther eone i made when i announced the licenseing.

langes01x-dono   Sempais Oct 31 2007, 01:40 PM Quote
Actually it's 'kakkoii' if you meant 'cool' so yeah you got it right.

As far as I know nearly every anime when licensed comes out with both dub and subs. So when you watch it on DVD you can choose between the English dub or Japanese audio+English subs.

khael/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ being Meguca is suffering   Sempais Nov 01 2007, 09:58 AM Quote
I checked out the link but it didn't say anything about a dub.

Well anyways, if they do succeed on screwing up the subs, then i'm not gonna forgive them till the day i die...

Kid-Wolf~Posessed by the Phoenix~   Fansub TV Team Nov 02 2007, 08:11 AM Quote
You know I keept quiet about watching the whole series until now, since it just got licensed and all. It was good for a show about pratically nothing, and the Lucky Channel bits were actually the only thing that kept me watching the series. So my guess is they'll would probablly do a second season fo this after they do the so called second season of Haruhi. Although I could be wrong on that and though.

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

smokie-sama   Retired Nov 02 2007, 08:32 AM Quote
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Nov 02 2007, 09:11 AM)
after they do the so called second season of Haruhi. Although I could be wrong on that and though.

Uh....... so called? Haruhi season 2 has been confirmed for months unless I missed something.

Kid-Wolf~Posessed by the Phoenix~   Fansub TV Team Nov 02 2007, 08:43 AM Quote
Well I wasn't sure if we were going to get any fansubs from that second season or not, that was the only thing I wasn't sure of. So I wasn't sure if they did have the green light for that or not since I thought it was just a rumor at this time.

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Nov 06 2007, 05:54 PM Quote
Well today Bandai and Kadokawa Pictures released their press release on Lucky Star:
CODE
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2007-11-06/bandai-entertainment-inc-to-release-kadokawa's-anime-series-lucky-star

They basically are hoping to get US fans from the Haruhi dance in I think episode 16.

EDIT: Link fixed using langes01x's method.

This post has been edited by Kit-Tsukasa on Nov 06 2007, 09:37 PM

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
Watchlist Updated
Top 5 Ongoing anime (12/26/2012)
*Note: Gundam Seed HD Remaster does not count*
1) Shinsekai Yori
2) Bakuman 3
3) Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
4) Initial D: Fifth Stage
5) Smile Precure!

Shinobu's_Lover-sama   Nov 06 2007, 08:27 PM Quote
QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Nov 06 2007, 05:54 PM)
Well today Bandai and Kadokawa Pictures released their press release on Lucky Star:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-rele...ries-lucky-star

They basically are hoping to get US fans from the Haruhi dance in I think episode 16.

Link doesn't work dry.gif

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (51) « First ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll