Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Lucky Star, kyoto production..moe..moe... >o<

Pages: (51) « First ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 
LeRookie-chan   Apr 28 2008, 05:38 AM Quote
Just wanted to ask does anybody know where I can get the voice that says "Lucky Star" during the anime's commercial break?

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais Apr 29 2008, 11:09 PM Quote
QUOTE (mamori @ Apr 27 2008, 10:47 PM)
don't get me wrong, i don't mind the konata/kagami doujin/fan art (some of it is actually awesome), but it's not canon, deal with it.

Well, it doesn't get more canon than this, I'm afraid:

user posted image

mamori-sama   Sempais Apr 29 2008, 11:28 PM Quote
QUOTE (Juhachi @ Apr 29 2008, 11:09 PM)

user posted image

one word, fanservice tongue.gif

Barbobot-the Pirate King   Fansub TV Team May 05 2008, 08:59 AM Quote
New OVA series of Lucky Star has been greenlit for production. I have no clue what company will actually be animating it and whether KyoAni will do these OVAs or not, but we should get more info on May 10th or so since that's when COMTIQ magazine will have more details.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...eenlit-in-japan

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Oblivious to the World - My Blog
Barbobot's Anime List
Current Top 5 Ongoing (Updated for Winter '10 01/10)
1. Durarara!
2. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
3. Katanagatari
4. Kimi ni Todoke
5. Dance in the Vampire Bund
Special Nod to Ongoing Series: Cross Game, FMAB

Kid-Wolf~Posessed by the Phoenix~   Fansub TV Team May 05 2008, 11:23 AM Quote
I thought so. If my guess is correct about the OVA it might be the pocket travelers series, or something original. Either that or something borrowed from the manga in any case.

Shinobu's_Lover-sama   May 05 2008, 11:38 AM Quote
This OVA is actually a 2nd season. This info was leaked about 3 weeks ago. It's was all over 4chan and 2chan. as well as several blogger sights.

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders May 05 2008, 01:26 PM Quote
QUOTE (Shinobu's_Lover @ May 05 2008, 09:38 AM)
This OVA is actually a 2nd season. This info was leaked about 3 weeks ago. It's was all over 4chan and 2chan. as well as several blogger sights.

an OVA is not a second season. It's simply a sequel with the number of episodes ranging from usually 1 to 6.

Barbobot-the Pirate King   Fansub TV Team May 05 2008, 01:34 PM Quote
QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ May 05 2008, 03:26 PM)
an OVA is not a second season. It's simply a sequel with the number of episodes ranging from usually 1 to 6.

It kinda depends I guess. I would say the same thing if it weren't for that fact that the Maria-sama ga Miteru OVAs are considered the 3rd season in the series.

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders May 05 2008, 07:09 PM Quote
QUOTE (Barbobot @ May 05 2008, 11:34 AM)
It kinda depends I guess. I would say the same thing if it weren't for that fact that the Maria-sama ga Miteru OVAs are considered the 3rd season in the series.

However, Marimite OVA were not classified as season 3 until they deliberately called the sequel TV4, which made the OVAs season 3. I believe it was the same with ARIA except the OVA was not considered season 3 but ARIA the Origination was, which followed Arietta.

Either way, it's too early to justify that it's called a second season yet unless the producers officially confirm or state that it is.

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
Watchlist Updated
Top 5 Ongoing anime (12/26/2012)
*Note: Gundam Seed HD Remaster does not count*
1) Shinsekai Yori
2) Bakuman 3
3) Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
4) Initial D: Fifth Stage
5) Smile Precure!

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team May 08 2008, 08:04 PM Quote
QUOTE (Juhachi @ Apr 29 2008, 11:09 PM)

user posted image

Umm, care to give the source (author/doujin name) ??

Kid-Wolf~Posessed by the Phoenix~   Fansub TV Team May 09 2008, 07:52 AM Quote
I'd actually quote that, but it would be too much of a hassle, and that it's been quoted twice on the same page already. But yoinked due to the fact that it's near ecchi. Also, source please.

Oh yeah the first US version DVD is out, and the English VA are really good. Also, it seems they kind of subbed the OP like the did in the promo of the Japanese version, although I guess I can live with it.

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders May 09 2008, 08:12 AM Quote
According to Moetron, the Lucky Star OVA is set for a summer release. Story revolves around Konata and the Animate store manager.... huh.gif

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders May 13 2008, 12:30 PM Quote
Lucky Star US DVD 1 gets decent reviews... http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/lucky-star/dvd-1

Barbobot-the Pirate King   Fansub TV Team May 13 2008, 12:34 PM Quote
QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ May 13 2008, 02:30 PM)
Lucky Star US DVD 1 gets decent reviews... http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/lucky-star/dvd-1

Makes me want to listen to the english dub just to hear Akira's schizophrenic nature in english. The rest of the review I pretty much agree with, at least for the first couple episodes.

Shinobu's_Lover-sama   May 13 2008, 01:04 PM Quote
descent reviews indeed. and like they said you need to be a veteran anime fan to get most of the jokes.

BTW Kit-T the OVA will be an OVA 2ND SEASON! please get it through your head already.

Kid-Wolf~Posessed by the Phoenix~   Fansub TV Team May 13 2008, 04:14 PM Quote
QUOTE (Shinobu's_Lover @ May 13 2008, 03:04 PM)
descent reviews indeed. and like they said you need to be a veteran anime fan to get most of the jokes.

Yeah that and you need to understand most of the basics as well. Aside from that it takes most if not a lot of the anime that was originally on this site one time or another. Also, it makes a lot of Haruhi and Shuffle! references along with a few others. I've actually noticed the bit about why she was late the second time was actually the first episode of Kanon.

Well I can say this it does start out slow since that's how it was, but it picks up around episode 16 or 17. In any case I'm not supprised about the good review of the series, since it is one of those rare series that follows the story of a female anime otaku and her three friends she tends to hang out with at school and whatnot. So what's not to like? I mean Konata does make a lot of Visual Novel references every now and then of course.

Also, the entire Lucky Channel bit is funny in English as it was in Japanese of course. So it doesn't lose its funny right there.

user posted image
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais May 13 2008, 04:23 PM Quote
QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ May 13 2008, 11:30 AM)

I'm amazed they didn't even mention the now-infamous 7 minute food talk at the beginning of episode 1. They give small hints to it saying "...gets too talky for its own good." and "...some of the conversations are, quite frankly, boring." which admittedly is spot on in the beginning of the series as we all already know.

I haven't seen the dub yet, though there's bound to be clips on the net either now or later. I don't plan on buying the DVDs anyway.

Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team May 13 2008, 11:46 PM Quote
QUOTE (Juhachi @ May 13 2008, 04:23 PM)
I'm amazed they didn't even mention the now-infamous 7 minute food talk at the beginning of episode 1. They give small hints to it saying "...gets too talky for its own good." and "...some of the conversations are, quite frankly, boring." which admittedly is spot on in the beginning of the series as we all already know.

To be honest, I don't even bother reading the reviews on animenetworks. Half the time those guys are saying how crap some popular titles are based on just their personal opinions. But I admit Lucky Star do have some problem at the beginning of the series in terms of approach (hey, it's difficult to turn a 4-koma manga into a anime). KyoAni realised the problem too, that's why they changed director to the director of Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu from episode 5 onward.

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

Kid-Wolf~Posessed by the Phoenix~   Fansub TV Team May 14 2008, 08:33 AM Quote
Well truth be told wasn't there another 4koma that was successful in to pulling of the transition. Oh wait it actually started out as a 4koma web comic, then to an online animation, and then it went to anime. At least I think that was originally a 4koma at one time or another though. But it took the long transition to anime, but I guess when you make a quick transition like what Lucky Star did you probably have to do a bit of a changeup from the manga then.

In any case at least they figgured it out fiarly early before it was too late though.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team May 14 2008, 09:35 AM Quote
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ May 14 2008, 08:33 AM)
Well truth be told wasn't there another 4koma that was successful in to pulling of the transition. Oh wait it actually started out as a 4koma web comic, then to an online animation, and then it went to anime. At least I think that was originally a 4koma at one time or another though. But it took the long transition to anime, but I guess when you make a quick transition like what Lucky Star did you probably have to do a bit of a changeup from the manga then.

In any case at least they figgured it out fiarly early before it was too late though.

It was because the original director could not meet the expectation. You can see what happen back then from this quote.

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ May 04 2007, 11:27 AM)
Did you guys know about the announcement about the change of director on KyoAni site?

TVアニメーション作品「らき☆すた」監督交代のお知らせ
「らき☆すた」監督の山本寛は、監督において、まだ、その域に達していないと弊社は判断し、交代いたしました。

放送第5話から新監督武本康弘のもとスタッフ一丸となって作品制作をしていきます。
引き続きよろしくお願いいたします。

平成19年4月30日
株式会社京都アニメーション

Translation:
TV animation title 'Lucky Star' change of director notification

Our company has determined that the director of 'Lucky Star'-Yutaka Yamamoto has not reached the standard of director yet, therefore we have changed the director.

From episode 5 onward, this title will be produced by new director Yasuhiro Takemoto and his old staffs. Please continue to anticipate for the continuation.

30th April 2004
Kyoto Animation

My thoughts on this:

I kind of feel sorry for Yutaka Yamamoto. He was the director of ep 1, 9, 12. ED of  "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" and has just got some awards for it this year. I think KyoAni is being a bit too harsh; they could have announced other excuses for changing director, but making an announcement on their official site like that saying as blunt as 'he's has not reached the stardard of a director yet'? This could end his advancement in career, or even his whole career in directing anime for good...

I admit the first few episodes of Lucky Star do give off a feeling of 'somewhat lacking'; it has funny moments, but not all the way through the episodes. I think KyoAni noticed this too that's why they are changing director. I think the problem lies at the fact that Lucky Star is originally a 4 koma manga (4-panels manga), and it is a big challenge for director to convert it into the form of anime...and apparently, KyoAni has decided that it is too much for Yutaka Yamamoto to handle.

I hope Yutaka Yamamoto can still have a come back in his career in the future after this incident.

Anyway, here's the good news...the new director is Yasuhiro Takemoto, who was the director of Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu and Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid!! So finger-cross that he will present this anime as legendary the way he pulled off for Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu making Lucky Star funnier than ever-before!!

Quoting myself laugh.gif

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (51) « First ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll