Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Lucky Star, kyoto production..moe..moe... >o<

Pages: (51) « First ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 
Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team May 20 2008, 09:14 PM Quote
QUOTE (Barbobot @ May 13 2008, 12:34 PM)
Makes me want to listen to the english dub just to hear Akira's schizophrenic nature in english. The rest of the review I pretty much agree with, at least for the first couple episodes.

Yeah Akira is one of the few well-voiced charas in the dub, they actually preserved the mood. I do hate that they totally killed Shiraishi though - he sounds like a brat rather than an apologetic polite salaryman ^__^

Kid-Wolf~Posessed by the Phoenix~   Fansub TV Team May 21 2008, 09:18 AM Quote
When for the English VA he kind of reminds me of Mr. Obvious from the Fate series. I'd be supprised if eh was the same VA though. In any case it's not really as bad though overall, but it seems that he may have tried a bit too hard.

Never the less I'm sure the second volume will make up for the average performance the first 4 episodes had, even while it was being fansubed of course.

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

GERBER-san   May 23 2008, 12:39 PM Quote
Saw it all now, i have no coinage to buy the DVD so i'll have to wait another time to hear the dub version.

I was wondering a bit, when they first showed Konatas dad, where is the mom? They never mentioned her for a long time. Then when i see episode 22 I was like WOOOW he never mentioned it to her. The fact that her mom was lingering around the house(her spirit). Was a good scene about till she tried to get in the picture. Well, they had too go and kill the good mood with a joke. I wish that they had made it so that the picture showed Konatas mom smiling(They will both be surprised and be a lil happy). Oh well, the fact that it was a shadow on the picture and they got scared was a bit funny. Never the less I enjoyed the anime. Waiting for this so called OVA...

An the ending of the series was ok, them goin up stage and all and that's all we get to see. Then the ending credits starting from Episode 13 are funny, LATEZ... tongue.gif

The cameos are really funny,like when the yellow ribon twin hugs the Bonta-Kun doll and yuki with kyon, i thinkit was, at Konatas work... laugh.gif

kaseydaqueen   May 26 2008, 07:17 PM Quote
I'm going to talk about what I meant with what I said before. I'm not trying to say that Konata and Kagami are a couple. They're just friends. However, I have a point to make. I didn't see any shoujo-ai/yuri in the Konata and Kagami relationship, until I read the comment from Jacksonman pointing it out. He didn't see any shoujo-ai/yuri in their relationship until he looked at a blog from someone who thought that there was. He re-watched the series and was convinced that from Kagami's view at least, it really was there. Perplexed by his change of opinion had me re-watching the series. I noticed a number of interesting moments that I didn't noticed before that really had me thinking that he was right. Ironically enough, after I read his comment, there were a few people from a Lucky Star image thread that I looked at several months ago who said the same thing which was interesting. I briefly talked about it on another site and a few people responded to me, who agreed with me about there really being moments that does imply that from Kagami's view, at least, it really was there which surprised me because the moments that I was seeing was not getting talked about by the fans at all.

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team May 26 2008, 07:58 PM Quote
QUOTE (kaseydaqueen @ May 26 2008, 07:17 PM)
I'm going to talk about what I meant with what I said before. I'm not trying to say that Konata and Kagami are a couple.[trimmed] not getting talked about by the fans at all.

I think originally the series was intending to not have any romance included, not unless it's with some sarcastic note to it. When fans' imagination runs wild, anything can happen tho >___<

mamori-sama   Sempais May 26 2008, 09:06 PM Quote
yep, and the same thing is true of conspiracy therories. basicly, if you;re looking for it, you'll see it. if not, you won't. and if you're keeping an open mnd you see how it could be viewed that way, but realize that's not what it actually is.

khael/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ being Meguca is suffering   Sempais Jun 08 2008, 08:23 AM Quote
I heard there's an OVA coming up, or is it really a second season? Which one? Certain posts confused me.

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Jun 08 2008, 12:15 PM Quote
QUOTE (khael @ Jun 08 2008, 06:23 AM)
I heard there's an OVA coming up, or is it really a second season? Which one? Certain posts confused me.

There is a summer OVA coming, but KyoAni has not mentioned any new information since the announcement. Rather they've been focusing more on Haruhi and Clannad than anything else at the moment. There is no official confirmation that it is a second season, just Shinobu's_Lover going around trying to convince people that it is...

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
Watchlist Updated
Top 5 Ongoing anime (12/26/2012)
*Note: Gundam Seed HD Remaster does not count*
1) Shinsekai Yori
2) Bakuman 3
3) Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
4) Initial D: Fifth Stage
5) Smile Precure!

misha-dono   Retired Jun 09 2008, 04:53 AM Quote
Heyas,

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ May 26 2008, 07:58 PM)
I think originally the series was intending to not have any romance included, not unless it's with some sarcastic note to it. When fans' imagination runs wild, anything can happen tho >___<

KonataxKagami~n? As they say on 4chan's /a/: 'No-one can censor their love.'

Oh, I've been searching for ages, and I've found it! A pic that conclusively proves what I've said all along about the first line of "Lucky Star"'s OP song:

user posted image

I rest my case.

externalyami   Jun 26 2008, 01:06 PM Quote
i hope there will be OVA & i heard it will be on July. i hope it true because it the only anime i bother to see twice laugh.gif

Kaizu-chan   Jun 28 2008, 03:41 AM Quote
QUOTE (externalyami @ Jun 27 2008, 03:06 AM)
i hope there will be OVA & i heard it will be on July. i hope it true because it the only anime i bother to see twice laugh.gif

There is a official release of the ova, it will be on 2008-09-26 . It is really one of the better slice of life anime due to it's rewatch value.

Chuuko-Yoitsu no Kenro   Sempais Jun 28 2008, 05:36 AM Quote
QUOTE (Lucky Star OVA Delayed)
Lucky Star OVA has been pushed back an entire month, from August 29th to September 26th. The change has shown up in several different shops, so it can likely be taken as genuine.

According to unofficial sources from this site, Lucky Star OVA has been pushed back to Sept 26 2008, a month’s difference from the original august release.  No official statement seen yet
I'm not sure if this is all true or not, maybe someone else know more about this news.

Here's a link to the source of this information:

Link------->Lucky Star OVA

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired Sep 08 2008, 02:17 PM Quote
Browsing the local free paper that gets handed out at train stations, I was struck by this recipe!

user posted image

Until I watched Lucky Star I’d never even heard of Balsamic Vinegar, but now I invariably notice every time it pops up somewhere. Somehow Tsukasa has made cooking ingredients more intriguing than they ever used to be.

user posted image

Shinobu's_Lover-sama   Sep 08 2008, 04:20 PM Quote
QUOTE (Chuuko @ Jun 28 2008, 06:36 AM)
QUOTE (Lucky Star OVA Delayed)
Lucky Star OVA has been pushed back an entire month, from August 29th to September 26th. The change has shown up in several different shops, so it can likely be taken as genuine.

According to unofficial sources from this site, Lucky Star OVA has been pushed back to Sept 26 2008, a month’s difference from the original august release.  No official statement seen yet
I'm not sure if this is all true or not, maybe someone else know more about this news.

Link------->Lucky Star OVA

What "recent inncodent" are they talking about?

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Sep 08 2008, 04:39 PM Quote
QUOTE (Shinobu's_Lover @ Sep 08 2008, 03:20 PM)

Link------->Lucky Star OVA [/QUOTE]
What "recent inncodent" are they talking about?

you realize you are asking about a "recent incident" that occured a few months ago when the announcement was made right? dry.gif

Hiroyuki-sama   Retired Sep 08 2008, 06:06 PM Quote
A trailer for the OVA just appeared on the torrents today, but when I checked it out it turned out to just be a really crappy quality FLV file. Does anyone know of a good quality version of the trailer?

Tommykn-chan   Sep 10 2008, 05:01 PM Quote
just rewatched the whole anime in one go - aww, it was great! it didn't has the same impact as before but the special funny laugh.gif , cool cool.gif and sad sad.gif scenes got still through me.

simply great! lookin forward for an OVA, if the sources are trust worthy.

wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

Kid-Wolf~Posessed by the Phoenix~   Fansub TV Team Sep 11 2008, 08:57 AM Quote
So they finally did the OVA episodes? Oh I wanna see them so badly now.

In any case I'm supprised the OVA took a bit more presidence of the second season of Haruhi.

Shinobu's_Lover-sama   Sep 11 2008, 10:11 AM Quote
QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Sep 08 2008, 05:39 PM)
What "recent inncodent" are they talking about? [/QUOTE]
you realize you are asking about a "recent incident" that occured a few months ago when the announcement was made right? dry.gif

well excuse me for missing it.

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Sep 11 2008, 10:31 AM Quote
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Sep 11 2008, 07:57 AM)
So they finally did the OVA episodes? Oh I wanna see them so badly now.

In any case I'm supprised the OVA took a bit more presidence of the second season of Haruhi.

It's a 1 episode OVA planned for release on September 26, 2008 or sometime around there.

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (51) « First ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll