Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Lucky Star, kyoto production..moe..moe... >o<

Pages: (51) « First ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 
Kid-Wolf~Posessed by the Phoenix~   Fansub TV Team Oct 10 2008, 09:10 AM Quote
@AinimeWiz07: Ummm... just so you'd know you kind of said something rather dicey there since this seires is licensed you know.

Never the less I'll check it out once I'm finished d/ling it of course.

Velheart-chan   Oct 10 2008, 09:24 AM Quote
Ok i have just watch the new Sub version of Lucky Star OVA, subbed by EnA, I really missed this show, its full of laughter and parady of other anime's, just wandering if you were me wat do you is the missing word, this was said by Kagami when she was dreaming "I want to ?????? with konata", then suddenly Tsukasa just stared at kagami saying dot dot dot dot, then kagami blushed and said "Its not what you think"

user posted image
user posted image

"Happy Moments" there might be a lot of them,
hiding in the sceneries that we take as natural.
Even though we usually don't notice them,
but im sure when the wind blows, we will notice it!

My most awaited anime
user posted image

Kid-Wolf~Posessed by the Phoenix~   Fansub TV Team Oct 10 2008, 10:00 AM Quote
Well it only means that their love is now implied even more now. Although, Kagami would deny it up and down, but as for Konata I'm sure she wouldn't mind it after all the teasing she did. Besides if you were going to say something embarassing like that just to wake up only to find someone next to you it only means deep down inside she wants to do that.

Also, they finally showed the NetGame Konata plays which was very nice. The best part of that was when she was afk once they did that bit once more.

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

Velheart-chan   Oct 10 2008, 10:06 AM Quote
Your right, they finally show the online game, it was so funny when tsukasa doenst know how to use the chat box, on her monitor other option was poping up!!

But im a bit disappointed, they should at least just make another season(season 2) not just an OVA!!, even if its just 12 or 13 eps, its just fine

Chuuko-Yoitsu no Kenro   Sempais Oct 10 2008, 10:16 AM Quote
Yeah that was indeed funny XD...But there was also this funny part where Konata dressed as Yuki from Suzumiya Haruhi as the same witch and said to Kagami that she needed to dress up....And so konata used her magic and changed Kagami into a maid and then a shrine maiden and then as Rin Tosaka and Hatsune Miku from vocaloid....That was awesome XD

shinigamii-geass prince~   Sempais Oct 10 2008, 10:39 AM Quote
Although that bit was rather funny Chuuko, the bit i had to rewatch a dozen times was when The Cherry started to hit the girl (damn i cant remember her name.), for the treat, i thought that was an awesome bit.

AnimeWiz07-de gozaru~   Sempais Oct 10 2008, 10:42 AM Quote
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 10 2008, 10:00 AM)
Well it only means that their love is now implied even more now. Although, Kagami would deny it up and down, but as for Konata I'm sure she wouldn't mind it after all the teasing she did. Besides if you were going to say something embarassing like that just to wake up only to find someone next to you it only means deep down inside she wants to do that.

Also, they finally showed the NetGame Konata plays which was very nice. The best part of that was when she was afk once they did that bit once more.

the producers will never have them come out and say it laugh.gif too much fun teasing the fans, and the rpg she plays had me wanting to give it a try... they just don't make em like that anymore sad.gif

as for what i said, what can i do? i live on the edge! (jk) tongue.gif but i'll keep it within the rules haha

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais Oct 10 2008, 09:41 PM Quote
The part I replayed a bunch of times was of course the scene where Kagami wakes up from her dream. I could not believe KyoAni put in a canon reference to the fanon that's been around since the anime first came out. The OVA episode was very good, and it made me miss watching the anime series terribly. I'm hoping that KyoAni does a second season some day, pending that there'll be enough material from the manga to do it. Or at least some more of these awesome OVAs. biggrin.gif

Other parts I loved included the Cherry sequence which revolved around the different girls interacting in their own way with the dog. Hiyori's turn when Cherry started to beat her up was great, but I really loved the Patty part where she keeps on calling the dog an idiot and a lazy bum. tongue.gif

Kagami's dream sequence was great with Kagami cosplaying as Rin and Miku, and then of course the ending where she wakes up as I have already stated. The video game sequences and the part where they get lost in the mountains I didn't like as much, though, and the live-action Lucky Channel was down right strange. The pet shop scene was really creepy though, and I was surprised to see KyoAni take a page out of Studio Deen's book (Higurashi). Finally, the volleyball scene made me feel sorry for Tsukasa when she got beaned by the ball, but the rest of it wasn't really noteworthy, except when Tsukasa ran into the net while attempting a spike, losing the game as a result.

Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

Kid-Wolf~Posessed by the Phoenix~   Fansub TV Team Oct 10 2008, 09:49 PM Quote
Oh yeah the petshop of nightmares bit. To think Minoru still had a part to play with along the main cast. In any case I'm supprised they also did a Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei bit with Cherry as well there.

Although truth be told I didn't see anything Higurashi-like in the petshop scene aside from the creepyness and mind messing levels there.

user posted image
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime

LeRookie-chan   Oct 10 2008, 10:55 PM Quote
I really liked the part on the MMORPG. Seriously I tend to face the same problem as Tsukasa at times to realise that I forgot to hit the "Enter" button. XD Think that's really silly and I can sort of relate to Kuroi sensei when she solo-ed by herself when the others weren't around. Lol.

Looking forward to more Lucky Star action.

motormind-san   Oct 12 2008, 03:31 AM Quote
Wow... that OVA must have been one of the most random things I have seen in a long while. It's even more random than the TV series itself, which is quite a feat. What the heck were they smoking to come up with that ending?

I love the scene in which Yutaka sings for Cherry. Cuteness overload!

Kid-Wolf~Posessed by the Phoenix~   Fansub TV Team Oct 12 2008, 09:45 AM Quote
When you mean the ending you meant the pet shop of horror bit right? My guess they wanted to have a very dark moment there. Why because it's probablly because they never did that during the series. Never the less what made thing rather interesting is they used two of the characters from the Sgt. Frog series there.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

antabaka84-san   Oct 12 2008, 10:39 AM Quote
I'm not sure what to think of the OVA, It had it's good moments but overall I was a bit disappointed.

The Cherry scene seemed more depressing then funny. The volleyball scene seemed way to long, and the pet shop scene was just plain out there.

The MMORPG was funny pretty much because of Tsukasa's complete dumbness on how to play. The press enter to talk was frikin great, and when she summoned Eat Meat I pretty much lost it.

user posted image

motormind-san   Oct 12 2008, 01:25 PM Quote
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 12 2008, 09:45 AM)
When you mean the ending you meant the pet shop of horror bit right? My guess they wanted to have a very dark moment there. Why because it's probablly because they never did that during the series. Never the less what made thing rather interesting is they used two of the characters from the Sgt. Frog series there.

I actually meant the ending with the live actors. Like... what? The girl stays admirably in her role though, but it just goes on for way too long! The part with the frogs just caused some shoulder-shrugs with me.

The scenes with Cherry are indeed strange and also way too long, although I keep saying that Yutaka is pretty cute in it. It's too bad her singing gets cut off.

I didn't like the part where Kagami wakes up after her dream about Konata. If they wanted to put more tension between the two girls they could have done it in a bit more subtle fashion.

All in all, this OVA is a hit and miss effort, for die-hard fans of the series only.

shinigamii-geass prince~   Sempais Oct 12 2008, 02:55 PM Quote
All in all, this OVA is a hit and miss effort, for die-hard fans of the series only.

Id say you were wrong on that note, the OVA was purely for the fun of doing it. Come on its Lucky Star no-one expects indepth plot (well atleast if they have seen the anime.) As for the scenes that went on for too long, what about the first episodes discussion of food, that was infamous.

Cheery scenes weren't depressing at all IMO i liked them, although at first i had no idea what was going on. XD.

The Kagami dream was purely for the Kagami X Konata ecchi thats been going around for ages now.

I felt as if it was Lucky star on a high with all randomness. laugh.gif Though i think this is rather an ironic answer for all the fans who wanted a second season. XD

user posted image
Visit my city and see the shinigamii realm.shiniville

Check out my Random Blog.

user posted image
user posted image

<Trivia> Hint: The Pe**o* *u** *o* Me
<@KansaLovePrimula> can i buy a vowel
Jun: lol sometimes you really need a kansa-english, english-kansa dictionary

julezia-chibi   Fansub TV Team Oct 12 2008, 04:20 PM Quote
I just watched the OVA and thought it was great. The only part I found a bit boring was in the beginning, the world through Cherry's eyes rolleyes.gif
I loved the MMORPG parts the best. Kagami a white mage?! She should have been on offense lol
I also really liked Kagami's dream, I liked that they were poking fun at the Konata x Kagami pairing and Kagami's cosplay outfits biggrin.gif
All in all it was a fun OVA to watch

user posted image

Currently Watching:
Shingeki no Kyojin, Monogatari Series: Second Season, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, Genshiken Nidaime, Silver Spoon, Free!, Blood Lad, Rozen Maiden Zurckspulen, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince, Space Brothers, Uchouten Kazoku, Servant x Service, Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation, Gatchaman Crowds, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou

My Anime List

XDie-Sama-san   Oct 12 2008, 06:58 PM Quote
I was hoping for more funny like stomach pain funny but I only liked few parts. That being the world through cherry's eyes (especially when she was fighting for the cookie XD), the Cinderella bit and lucky channel although Akira is more annoying as a real person. Definitely. laugh.gif

Hit or miss.

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Oct 12 2008, 10:14 PM Quote
QUOTE (XDie-Sama @ Oct 12 2008, 06:58 PM)
I was hoping for more funny like stomach pain funny but I only liked few parts. That being the world through cherry's eyes (especially when she was fighting for the cookie XD), the Cinderella bit and lucky channel although Akira is more annoying as a real person. Definitely. laugh.gif

Hit or miss.

Indeed, L*S is capable of much better, but I guess the producers went with the usual formula of 90% fanservice and 10% L*S

Well, I guess the fact that there were some parodies of non-KyoAni shows is a big step forward... or no?

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Oct 12 2008, 11:59 PM Quote
The only thing particularly amusing/entertaining in the OVA was the Cinderalla parody and the RPG gaming.  Everything else was just meh.....it definetely could have been a lot better, but when looking back on the final few episodes of the TV series, this OVA was crap compared to it.  The live-action Lucky Channel was cool for the first 30 seconds or minute, but quickly became boring.  It was not as entertaining simply because it was too long and the dialogue was rather dull.

The Macross Frontier cameo was an interesting touch, but not particularly fond of it since it made Sheryl look like an idiot rather than the tsundere she is in the actual series dry.gif   (The geass cameo before that was funny for a few seconds though)

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
Watchlist Updated
Top 5 Ongoing anime (12/26/2012)
*Note: Gundam Seed HD Remaster does not count*
1) Shinsekai Yori
2) Bakuman 3
3) Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
4) Initial D: Fifth Stage
5) Smile Precure!

Juhachi-Key Master にははっ~   Sempais Oct 13 2008, 04:17 AM Quote
QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Oct 12 2008, 10:59 PM)
Everything else was just really dull...major character ratings in the ova:

Konata = satisfactory
Kagami = good
Tsukasa = fail
Miyuki = epic fail

I think that would apply to the TV series as well, actually. tongue.gif

But really, you reminded me of the last few episodes of Lucky Star, and you're absolutely right. I still remember how great episode 22 was, with Konata's mom appearing in the end, and the school festival in the final episode was a good ending too. Still, I found the OVA to be above my expectations, and would welcome more Lucky Star soon.

Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (51) « First ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll