Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Mnemosyne, Looking good.

Pages: (7) 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 
motormind-san   Jul 21 2008, 02:00 PM Quote
Do all the female informants want to be paid with sex with women? I'd reckon they'd rather have money ... or is Mimi just that good in the sack?

All in all I found this episode to be rather anticlimactic. I also thought Mimi and Rin would have a much larger role in each other's life, but instead it just turns out to be another man .

EggBeast - deska`   Fansub TV Team Jul 22 2008, 01:38 AM Quote
meh, that was a strange finale. No wonder they completely ignored the storyline for the first 5 episodes. tongue.gif But dang, it would have been one heckuva feat to have an amazing ending given what it had to go off of.

now I have to find something else to watch! (wow, that makes me sound like quite the consumer, doesn't it?)

"I know. Yes, I know we all go away." - Devin Townsend!

monsta666-the bees knees   Fansub TV Team Jul 22 2008, 03:31 PM Quote
Animation: 6 wink.gif
Characters + development: 5 huh.gif
Story + development: 6 wink.gif
Action: 7 user posted image
Overall: 6 wink.gif

After a bright start I feel this series couldn't live up to it's earlier promise. In my opinion the series was too dependent on sex. It's like this series needed sex to sell itself, good series don't need that. Story wise I find it was a little predictable at times. Yes the whole immortally thing is cool but that doesn't always make for entertaining viewing. I mean when the heroes are immortal how can they lose? I'm also a little disappointed with the lack of character development particularly from Mimi. All in all a good series but nothing special. Thank god the vodka gag was killed after the fourth episode.

If your a big fan of ecchi/sex then add one to my overall score. My sig doesn't help my argument... tongue.gif

llehcdif-chan   Jul 25 2008, 07:58 PM Quote
QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jul 20 2008, 11:10 PM)
QUOTE (llehcdif @ Jul 21 2008, 12:59 AM) Last episoe was kinda weird... Anybody understand what was the reference to the maeno family that Rin had mentioned? o.o 
  From what I understood of the last episode, it's like the Maeno family had always been around her ever since 1000 years ago.  To explain that we learn that the former Guardian of Yggdrasil, Apos's father, had met Rin long ago and ever since then watched over her.  When Rin is inside the egg she eats the Time Spore that she tore from the girl (can't remember her name right now, Kouki's granddaughter) which turned out to be Kouki's time spore.  After eating that she took in all the memories of the Maeno family line.  In doing so she actually learned that the former Guardian of Yggdrasil is named Tajimamori and is actually a descedent of the Maeno's.  And so when Rin mentioned the Maeno family always being involved with her, it's referring to Tajimamori watching over her.

I hope the way I described it is understandable.

Yes you did smile.gif thank you very much Now i get it.

As for my views on thecanime after finish watching it...
Nice hook in episode 1, got me really into the story... Had nigh expectations, felt episode 6 was going great and... Downhill =.= I felt the ending was really weak sad.gif

Vicepuma-dono   Sempais Jul 28 2008, 05:55 AM Quote
QUOTE (EggBeast @ Jul 22 2008, 01:38 AM)
meh, that was a strange finale. No wonder they completely ignored the storyline for the first 5 episodes. tongue.gif But dang, it would have been one heckuva feat to have an amazing ending given what it had to go off of.

now I have to find something else to watch! (wow, that makes me sound like quite the consumer, doesn't it?)

Hehe i thought the same thing the ending was really freaky but meh I still say it was worth watching it since we don't get many bloody, ecchi grown up animes tongue.gif

Carlita-san   Jul 29 2008, 01:29 PM Quote
I agree, I was also disappointed by the last episode, but overall I did like the series. Personally I liked the time shifts because you got to see the connection to the Maeno family. Also, it makes it easier to show all the different parts to the plot without it being rushed, since they can hint at things that occured in the in-between time without having to spend much time on it.

Earlier in the thread Barbobot said:
Mnemosyne was the Goddess of Memory and she had 9 daughters, the 9 muses. If they were to pick a title like that I would assume they'd be trying to portray the muses in some way, but I haven't noticed anything of the sort.

Well, they did! I really think it would have helped to see more of Apos and the ideas behind Yggdrasil sooner so that the anime would seem more cohesive. The last episode seemed totally different from the previous ones because of that.

I was confused by Apos and his father. Who was Apos's mother then? Either way, it was kinda weird for the anime to end so happy-go-lucky like it did. In some ways I had hoped for a sad twisted ending...

kyrind0r   Jul 30 2008, 01:05 AM Quote
Hmm... a very open ending in my opinion. I guess it was good while it lasted. I don't know if this is satisfying without a 2nd season. Meh, not going to happen unfortunately.

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Oct 06 2008, 10:05 PM Quote
QUOTE (Carlita @ Jul 29 2008, 01:29 PM)
I agree, I was also disappointed by the last episode, but overall I did like the series. Personally I liked the time shifts because you got to see the connection to the Maeno family. Also, it makes it easier to show all the different parts to the plot without it being rushed, since they can hint at things that occured in the in-between time without having to spend much time on it.

Well, I just got to (FINALLY!!!) see the last episode, and I've got to say that the series is going to be my all-time favourite. It's incredibly bizarre and I didn't necessarily agree with some social comments there, but overall it's very unique. As for the last ep, it was probably one of the best because it finally unraveled everything, and it also hadsome trippy stuff with floating, voices, memories, love that stuff ^____^

I wish they made a game out of this or sth.

user posted image

My rarely-updated anime list

/人(◕ ‿‿ ◕)人\ 僕と契約して。。。

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (7) 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll