Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Mirai Nikki (The Future Diary), Horror, Supernatural, Suspense, Romance

Pages: (9) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 
NecroRyu-san   Feb 13 2012, 12:49 AM Quote
so we go back in time to Yuno's point of view before the survival game started when she began stalking Yukki and obsessed writing anything about him in her diary, also her first jealous impulse to kill the girl he felt in love with for first time Wakaba Moe (is it just me or is because she looks like his mom? )... was weird but funny to see her running and ruining their "date" disguised like a wascally wabbit (dunno why that reminded me Azumanga Daioh), now I understand why she became nuts and let her parents die back then locking and estrictly disciplinating her when she didn't accomplish their ridiculous exigences to grow up as an "elite child" (Fifth anyone?) o.O

returning to the present as I posted previously Yukiteru turns nuts with Rea's death and thinks his douche dad stabbed his ex-wife but he wasn't after all as I suspected, now than he was killed too by Eleventh's henchmen who most likely killed his mom I wonder if Yukki will decide to really kill Yuno and become god to revive his parents... well in the first seconds I feared this episode would be a recap about Mirai Nikki's first half like happened in many series but I'm very glad it didn't, if there was one done in a few minutes this one sums it up (if you can guys count how many times Yuno repeats the same word) http://youtu.be/8xPUAPbSdJM - http://youtu.be/p0VkAQFDrpg laugh.gif

March ava/sig: Nisemonogatari - toothbrush challenge ^^
user posted imageuser posted image
Scores of the Latest top 10 Anime TV Series / OVA Series:
1. Mirai Nikki - 9/10 (airing, Episode 0 OVA 8/10)
2. Nisemonogatari - 9/10 (airing, Bakemonogatari 9/10)
3. Fate Zero - 9/10 (ongoing, Unlimited Blade Works 9/10)
4. Black ★Rock Shooter - 8/10 (airing, OVA 6/10)
5. Another - 8/10 (airing)
6. Ano Natsu de Matteru - 8/10 (airing)
7. Hellsing The Dawn - 7/10 (ongoing, Ultimate ovas 10/10)
8. KissxSis OVAs - 7/10 (ongoing, TV series 7/10)
9. Appleseed XIII - 6/10 (ongoing, OVA 7/10, movie 8/10)
10. Kamisama Dolls Specials - 6/10 (ongoing, series 10/10)

wedora-dono   Sempais Feb 13 2012, 11:32 AM Quote
I watched both ep17 and 18 last night@and thought they were both very strong. Lots of plot movement, but what I find more important is the background info on chars. Are any diary owners other than yukki even remotely stable? Seems like everyone had it pretty bad off in the past, maybe a prerequisite for meeting dues or something.

Now that yukki finally has a goal, I wonder if they'll end up trying to hunt 9 and 11. Also, I don't think that's the last well see of yunos past. They've really been emphasizing that third body, so I think the recent past provided was yunos twisted version, and something else really happened. They have a strange way of twisting your empathy in this series. The chars go from hateable to loveable in a split second constantly...really toys with your emotions.

user posted image
History is always written wrong, and so always needs to be rewritten.
-random Keine arrange in sig link, updated 2/3/2012-

MAL

oppai-ga-suki-sama   Sempais Feb 13 2012, 12:08 PM Quote
Episode 18 was really enjoyable. Yukki is till too much of a wuss if you ask me. Your dad just killed your mom and everything is OK because he is sorry and will serve his time in Jail? and then talking about possibly living together after he gets out. Just how long is the Jail time for murder in Japan anyway? That flashback with Yuno in the bunny suit was pretty entertaining. Props to the fansubbers for the Elmer Fudd reference laugh.gif .
I Seriously doubt that is what actually happened to Yuno. If I remember correctly, when Yukki looked into that room there wasn't even a cage and there were blood splatters. It is most likely Yuno's selective memory making up stuff again just to justify killing her parents. And that third body in the pit is also very suspicious.

user posted image
Blooming flower, please tell me
Why do people fight and hurt one another ?

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Feb 13 2012, 01:45 PM Quote
So we got to see some fake memorys of Yuno. Just like oppai said the room looked a lot different than in reality and if I remember correctly Yukki was always in love with Yuno. Wakaba probably didnt even exist.
Is what I want to say, but my real guess is different. Im pretty sure she is not the Yuno of this world but a parallel world, probably a world where she did win the Diary-game but lost Yukki and now she wants to win without losing him. That would explain why her memorys are so far off from reality (but still are true) and how she can be so strong and intelligent (shes a god after all). And it would explain why she is so obsessed about Yukki, after all she lost him once and well playing this game, twice even, cant let someone really stay sane.
But if that theory is right then why doesnt she know who the diary holders are and just kills them? Probably to bind Yukki to her, believing it will strengthen their bond going through it.

My Animelist

Top 5 of currently airing TV-series:(08.03.12)
1. Black★Rock Shooter
2. Nisemonogatari
3. Bakuman S2
4. Another
5. Toriko

senpai-kun-nakama   Retired Feb 14 2012, 12:00 AM Quote
I gotta admit I don't know what to make of Yuno's selective memory. I know we've seen her have memory issues already in the anime but what she does and doesn't know is hard to tell at times. It's kinda like how she has this kinda sinister voice at times and then she has what I like to call "Yuki Voice," where she changes her tone to very light and fluffy to put him at ease -- I'm not really crazy Yuki! wink.gif

When the detective was questioning Yuno in that little family restaurant two questions came to mind. Okay, first he tells Yuno that we already know about your parents dead bodies and that's ok. WTF?! blink.gif I must be missing something here but why is that not something that is a major deal? From what I remember she has never given any reasoning to the police why their bodies were found like that and then buried.

The second question was when the detective decided to ask Yuno about the third body. I watched this early today so I can't recall exactly but didn't she just stare at him for a few seconds then get up and leave w/out saying a word huh.gif I was just sitting there like wait a second what's going on here. Though detective doolittle didn't bother to follow up at all. He's got to be aware that she's working with some serious psychological issues here but is that enough reason to not do your job properly and press for some logical answers.

The only thing that I really know for a fact is that for some reason she truly loves Yuki. I have to believe her words at the end of episode 18 that she would die for him at any moment. Sometimes I still scratch my head and wonder why she's so in love with him. This guy who is all water under the bridge with the dad that just kill-stabbed his mother just because he got a telescope out of the pawnshop rolleyes.gif Alright I didn't mean to go off on a Yuki is unbelievable tangent but geezus this guy. Let me become a God so I can bring my worthless murdering father and mother back together. I'm sure mommy dearest will squeeze him tight in her bosom and say thank you Yuki. Anyways one last thing about Yuno is that while her memories may or not be real about her parents IDK. But is it that out of the realm of possibility that actually happened? Or at least some variation of that.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Feb 15 2012, 08:12 AM Quote
@senpai: Yeah I asked myself two how the detective let Yuno go just like that. I mean they found burried corpses at her house and if you think of all the stuff she was involed (school bombing, cult-massacre, wanted for murder and what-not) you would think normally she whould be in prison already with a lifetime sentence (especially in Japan where it seems you go to jail for everything you do). The only reason I can think of is that the detective waits until he knows every Diaryholder and than makes is move since for now Eleventh is still unknown.

My Animelist

1. Black★Rock Shooter
2. Nisemonogatari
3. Bakuman S2
4. Another
5. Toriko

julezia-tsundere-chan   Fansub TV Team Feb 16 2012, 11:47 AM Quote
QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Feb 14 2012, 07:00 AM)
When the detective was questioning Yuno in that little family restaurant two questions came to mind. Okay, first he tells Yuno that we already know about your parents dead bodies and that's ok. WTF?! blink.gif I must be missing something here but why is that not something that is a major deal? From what I remember she has never given any reasoning to the police why their bodies were found like that and then buried.

HAHAHA, yeah I know, when I saw that I was thinking hmmm.... is it OK for you to say that Detective? Murdering your parents and burying them in the backyard is OK, because we know who they are. Now what we're really concerned about is the third body because we don't know the identity. tongue.gif
But I think that he was trying to approach her as calmly as possible, and by not antagonizing her in any way since he knows how unstable she is. I also think he didn't follow up with her since he knew it was futile at this point. She's not going to open the lid on this one anytime soon.
QUOTE (Ossi)
So we got to see some fake memorys of Yuno. Just like oppai said the room looked a lot different than in reality and if I remember correctly Yukki was always in love with Yuno. Wakaba probably didnt even exist.
Did anyone else notice how similar Wakaba looked to Yukki's mom? I wonder if that's important at all, or just coincidence. Like if these memories are fake, maybe she felt threatened by Yukki's mom at one point... there is a screenshot going around from the episode that featured Yukki's mom prominently and it looks as if he's staring at her butt.... blink.gif user posted image
QUOTE (senpai-kun)
This guy who is all water under the bridge with the dad that just kill-stabbed his mother just because he got a telescope out of the pawnshop  Alright I didn't mean to go off on a Yuki is unbelievable tangent but geezus this guy. Let me become a God so I can bring my worthless murdering father and mother back together. I'm sure mommy dearest will squeeze him tight in her bosom and say thank you Yuki.
While I'm all for forgiveness, I do agree that Yukki was too quick to forgive there. It was very unnatural and I think of him as more of a sap than a kindhearted individual.

ImTakes ~Mi Morro de oro~   Sempais Feb 16 2012, 12:58 PM Quote
QUOTE (oppai-ga-suki @ Feb 13 2012, 10:08 AM)
That flashback with Yuno in the bunny suit was pretty entertaining. Props to the fansubbers for the Elmer Fudd reference  laugh.gif .

The episode was sorta ho-hum, in my most humble opinion...the best was saved for last...Yuno-chan, in that crazed bunny suit, running around and away from the crazed Yellow Killer bunny, Murmur-chan. That was quite an entertaining little escapade. Well, all of Murmur-chan's mini-shorts are. tongue.gif

ImTakes ~Mi Morro de oro~   Sempais Feb 17 2012, 12:32 PM Quote
Now this is awesome news for all of us Mirai Nikki fans...wowie! tongue.gif
Live Action TV Drama of 'Mirai Nikki' Announced
According to Sanspo.com, a live action TV drama of Mirai Nikki was announced to be aired from April. The title is "Mirai Nikki -Another:World-" and Okada Masaki will play the protagonist. The name of the protagonist was changed from Amano Yukiteru to Hoshino Shinta.
http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/120217/gn...70506017-n1.htm
Website in Japanese but I think the picture of the actor who is slated to play the main protagonist is shown. wink.gif I suppose all the characters will have different names and maybe a different setting? It does say, "Another World." May prove interesting. wink.gif

News source: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=403955

This post has been edited by ImTakes on Feb 17 2012, 12:49 PM

oppai-ga-suki-sama   Sempais Feb 17 2012, 05:16 PM Quote
QUOTE (ImTakes @ Feb 17 2012, 01:32 PM)
Now this is awesome news for all of us Mirai Nikki fans...wowie! 
Live Action TV Drama of 'Mirai Nikki' Announced
According to Sanspo.com, a live action TV drama of Mirai Nikki was announced to be aired from April. The title is "Mirai Nikki -Another:World-" and Okada Masaki will play the protagonist. The name of the protagonist was changed from Amano Yukiteru to Hoshino Shinta.
http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/120217/gn...70506017-n1.htm
Website in Japanese but I think the picture of the actor who is slated to play the main protagonist is shown.  I suppose all the characters will have different names and maybe a different setting? It does say, "Another World." May prove interesting. 

News source: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=403955

Sounds interesting. A live action of Mirai Nikki could be something fun to watch although Im no sure about the characters' name change because they might be characters with completely different personalities. Well, as long as they have the devilishly cute psycho female character I'm definitely up for it.

Episode 19
Mirai Nikki @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Feb 19 2012, 04:10 PM

NecroRyu-san   Feb 19 2012, 09:05 PM Quote
with the 180 change of Yukiteru five days later being cold blooded to betray and kill we finally see who is Eleventh, he isn't black as glanced as a silhouette but the mayor of the city John Bacchus planned to shut mother's village and obtain Eighth's server diary but it will be not necesary if they join forces... this awesome episode full of revelations made me wonder about Yuno's foster parents identities and her horrible past, that reminds me to the manga/anime Monster with ans adopted child that went through hell (telling by Mirai Nikki's second ending) and turned into a crazy professional assassin afterwards makes sense now o.O

QUOTE (julezia @ Feb 16 2012, 12:47 PM)
Did anyone else notice how similar Wakaba looked to Yukki's mom? I wonder if that's important at all, or just coincidence. Like if these memories are fake, maybe she felt threatened by Yukki's mom at one point...

yup I pointed her resemblance in my post above but if you remember Yuno didn't know his mom until she met her hours before the battle against Fifth, I don't discard the possibility about faking her own memories (she remembered her "mom" yelling she shouldn't gave her birth but that could be just her lying) but I think that was a memory of the murdered Yuno as Ossi mentioned before... I knew I saw that girl called Rin in one of the first episodes, she was in the sacred eye massacre then adopted by 8th
user posted image user posted image

oppai-ga-suki-sama   Sempais Feb 20 2012, 01:48 PM Quote
Wow, a really good episode. We finally see a darker Yukki, although I guess his plan is to bring everyone back when he becomes god. Everything is starting to get kind of confusing, in a good way though. Yukki is bit stupid IMO, why does it matter that she is not the real Gasai Yuno? I dont think they would have even ever met if the real Yuno was still alive, unless she was killed after they met. I still don't see why any of that matters, the impostor is the one Yukki fell for anyway. Its not like he knew anything about the real Yuno. His reaction was a bit uncalled for if you ask me.

user posted image

senpai-kun-nakama   Retired Feb 20 2012, 02:48 PM Quote
QUOTE (oppai-ga-suki @ Feb 20 2012, 02:48 PM)
Wow, a really good episode. We finally see a darker Yukki, although I guess his plan is to bring everyone back when he becomes god. Everything is starting to get kind of confusing, in a good way though. Yukki is bit stupid IMO, why does it matter that she is not the real Gasai Yuno? I dont think they would have even ever met if the real Yuno was still alive, unless she was killed after they met. I still don't see why any of that matters, the impostor is the one Yukki fell for anyway. Its not like he knew anything about the real Yuno. His reaction was a bit uncalled for if you ask me.

No reason for me to give an in-depth opinion because oppai basically said everything I was thinking in regards to what does it matter if Yuno is fake or not. Maybe there is some plot development that we just can't see right now that will make it relevant but ultimately if there isn't I don't see why Yuki would care. His goals remain the same and he can still use her to achieve them. Plus let's be honest whoever she is Yuki owes her his life. It's not time for him to panic or overreact. I wouldn't mind hearing her explanation though. But let's not get carried away with calling him a darker Yuki; Yuno had a script written out for him with exactly what to say lol. I'll admit when he arrived with Yuno at the beginning of the episode for the diary owner's meeting with that new found bravado I was like WTF? blink.gif this is Yuki?!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Feb 21 2012, 03:20 PM Quote
What an ep full of surprises.
First Yukki coming into the meeting like a whole new person just to find out later that it was all an act. But him beeing able to act like this is already a huge change. And that he can coldy kill people and betray them of course too.
Second was the mayor not beeing black like I thought he would. But I still think him beeing black wouldve suited his appearance better.
Third is that Yukki somehow became a topnotch car driver oO If it was Yuno driving I wouldnt think its strange seeing as to what she can do but him?

Too bad this show always has animation issues when someone shows a bit of flesh, just like this time with Yuno in her panties. Why even show it when its in bad quality? The same with her black dress. Dont misunderstand she was goodlooking in the dress, but couldnt they have drawn her a dress where the bust size is not one or maybe even size/s too big? As it is it wouldve suited Minene better.

About Yukki getting away from Yuno. In my eyes it makes sense, since what Yuno did can be seen as betrayal and if you think of all the people who betrayed him in this show (that Detective with the sh*tty style, his father, the leader of the Sacred Eye, Ringo) its quite plausable why he did that. His heart just got trampled over by Yuno again just after he trusted her again. That hurts double.

My Animelist

1. Black★Rock Shooter
2. Nisemonogatari
3. Bakuman S2
4. Another
5. Toriko

Episode 20
Mirai Nikki @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Feb 26 2012, 03:28 PM

oppai-ga-suki-sama   Sempais Feb 26 2012, 11:30 PM Quote
Its true that calling Yukki "darker" is somewhat of a lie because all he is doing is acting like Yuno wants him too but he has changed. To kill people so nonchalantly is kind of naive of him. He will bring them back to life once he wins the game but there really is no guarantee that he will win so all those deaths could be for nothing.

Well, I guess Yukki's reaction last episode was just to leave the show at a cliff hanger. Logically, like he said "Yuno is Yuno." It doesn't matter if she is a fake or not.
Very entertaining new episode after the proposal you just knew that one of them was going to die. Yuno + black dress & stockings + katana = wub.gif . I was kind of disappointed that she did not get that much screen time this episode. I had a feeling that they would show up to "save the day" at the end of the episode.
Eighth is sure one fine lady in her underwear tongue.gif .
So, Eleventh was the master mind behind the diaries. Man, way to tilt the odds in your favor there.

user posted image

NecroRyu-san   Feb 27 2012, 01:31 AM Quote
QUOTE (oppai-ga-suki @ Feb 27 2012, 12:30 AM)
Well, I guess Yukki's reaction last episode was just to leave the show at a cliff hanger. Logically, like he said "Yuno is Yuno." It doesn't matter if she is a fake or not.

I doubted Yukiteru would betray Yuno again that fast after knowing the truth about her but good thing he choose her after the time they spent together and all the obstacles they overcame, must be love just like Nishijima decided not only to side with Uryuu but marry her too (I wonder how many other body parts she will lose before dying) o.O ...as I predicted in a previous post Eleventh can foresee anything the diary holders will do next but didn't expect he was the creator of the future diaries and his goal to become god not only after winning the game but to create all citizens his diary holders, will be interesting how the new alliance will manage to destroy the servers and kill the 8th/11th duo but we know the modern Bonnie and Clyde couple will survive until the end somehow

dunno if the academy awards had to do with the fansubbers translating this episode a bit later than usual but was worth the wait to watch it after that show, I know my comment is off-topic but Mirai Nikki has many hollywoodesque action scenes and a live action series will come soon after the anime ends in april ^^ ...I know something like a Future Diary movie would be unthinkable to win the oscar, at least it's not impossible because the only japanese flicks that won are Departures (Okuribito) not honorably but officially as best foreign language film in 2008 and Spirited Away (Sen to Chihiro) as best animated feature award in 2002 biggrin.gif

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Feb 28 2012, 09:44 AM Quote
I was surprised that Yukki stayed on Yunos side. Seems like I underestimated him, or more his insanity. Even though he has the chance to bring everyone who dies back its still crazy to make such a slaughter and to use civilians as hostages.
And sadly Yuno didnt change her dress to one fitting her breastsize -.- She looks like a kid trying to wear her mothers dress.

Im glad that Nishijima is dead, this whole love stuff was so annoying and destroyed a lot of Minenes character who was clearly the best before Nishijima popped up with all that bs.

Eleventh beeing the one who made the diaries is quite the shock since it gives him a really big advantage whats really unfair. Sure its fitting for the last boss, but still.

So Deus and Murmur play their own death game against each other. I wonder what their goal is and what Deus did with Minene.

My Animelist

1. Black★Rock Shooter
2. Nisemonogatari
3. Bakuman S2
4. Another
5. Toriko

Episode 21
Mirai Nikki @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 11 2012, 03:45 PM

NecroRyu-san   Mar 11 2012, 10:39 PM Quote
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Feb 28 2012, 10:44 AM)
I was surprised that Yukki stayed on Yunos side. Seems like I underestimated him, or more his insanity. Even though he has the chance to bring everyone who dies back its still crazy to make such a slaughter and to use civilians as hostages.

one more week break worth waiting for ep. 21 and as mentioned in previous posts this time was proved that Yuno isn't a fake but another real one from the previous survival game who killed the current Yuno, I guess she already knows what will happen to the one who becomes the next god telling by her suspicious glance in the last seconds of the episode... she must have other motives while manipulating Yukiteru and make him believe he'll be able to revive not only his parents but everyone else he has killed as Murmur told him (she has lied in past ocassions) but Deus didn't so Akise will find out if it's true or not after asking him, anyway I'm impressed Eighth has survived way too long watching how Uryuu and even 11th were killed before her so either she is really lucky or looks so pitiful and indefense that nobody dares to kill her (even more than Yukki) laugh.gif

This post has been edited by NecroRyu on Mar 12 2012, 05:00 PM

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Mar 12 2012, 04:24 PM Quote
So my theory is confirmed and Yuno is real but from another time, world or whatever. She probably lost Yukki in her last game and reseted everything to be with him again.

Even though I knew it was coming it was still sad to see Uryuu die, but at least she got a good death just like she deserved it, even though she couldnt open the vault. But how come she has two eyes again oO

Eleventh death was quite pathetic but thats what happens if your too full of yourself. The way Yuno was looking at him before killing him was really great.

My Animelist

1. Black★Rock Shooter
2. Nisemonogatari
3. Bakuman S2
4. Another
5. Toriko

ImTakes ~Mi Morro de oro~   Sempais Mar 12 2012, 04:44 PM Quote
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Mar 12 2012, 02:24 PM)
Even though I knew it was coming it was still sad to see Uryuu die, but at least she got a good death just like she deserved it, even though she couldnt open the vault.
Eleventh death was quite pathetic but thats what happens if your too full of yourself. The way Yuno was looking at him before killing him was really great.

My favorite terrorist went out in grand style...she was blessed to see her parents again and herself, as a sweet girl...plus, she did love N-kun in the end and saw him off as well. I will miss her smart-ass style. Rest in peace, girl.
I loved how Yuno-chan was so cute while eyeing her prey from behind the vault door...her smile and her demeanor before she blew that idiot away was typical Yuno...just too good. This one has been a fun ride from the get-go and as it nears the end, I already miss all the mishaps, the whatnots, and the whodunits... wink.gif
I saw Yuno-chan how you were eyeing Yukki-kun there, at the end....beware, Yuuki-kun! Watch out! tongue.gif wink.gif

Life is grand with a glass in hand~~~ user posted image

user posted image 2009 FTV Awards
user posted image 2009 FTV Awards
user posted image 2008 FTV Awards

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (9) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll