Telepathy Shōjo Ran

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER

- Sky King

• Fansub TV Team
  • 8829 posts
  • Interests:My Anime List (UNCOMPLETED): -<br><br>http://myanimelist.net/animelist/JCDRANZER<br><br>To get my original &quot;total post count&quot;..... add (+) 500 posts, they were reduced coz of &quot;spamming&quot;.....bah. &gt;.&gt;<br><br>NAMES: -<br><br>JCDRANZER - Sky King ~ Rey del Cielo ~ Ô-SAMAのスパム!<br><br>COMPLETED DORAMA:-<br><br>1.) Kurosagi<br>2.) Liar Game<br>3.) Hana Yori Dango Season 1<br>4.) Hana Yori Dango Season 2<br>5.) Hanazaraki no kimi tachi E (J-version)<br>6.) It Started with a Kiss<br>7.) Majo no Jouken (Forbidden Love)<br>8.) Devil Beside You<br>9.) My Boss, My Hero<br>10.) Sang Doo, Let's go to School!<br>11.) Full House<br>12.) One Pound Gospel<br>13.) Suppli (or &quot;Sapuri&quot;)<br>14.) Bull Fighting<br>15.) Sleeping Forest<br>16.) Stand Up!!<br>17.) Galileo<br>18.) Tiger &amp; Dragon (5 STARS - BRILLANT!!! XD)<br>19.) Nobuta wa Produce (Wonderful!! XD)<br>20.) Proposal Daisakusen<br>21.) Ikebukuro West Gate Park (aka IWGP) (+Special) (AMAZING!)<br>22.) Dragon Zakura<br>23.) [email protected] (Loved it!!)<br>24.) Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi ~the smile has left your eyes~ (A Million Stars Falling from the Sky ~ the smile has left your eyes~)<br>25.) Mukodono 2003<br>26.) Gokusen (Season 1)<br>27.) Kisarazu Cat's Eye (One of Fav series!!)<br>28.) Long Vacation<br>29.) Bambino!<br>30.) Boku dake no Madonna<br>31.) Good Luck!!<br>32.) H2 ~ Kimi to Itahibi<br>33.) 4 Shimai Tantei Dan<br>34.) Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage)<br>35.) The Devil (Mawang) (The best series ever!!)<br>36.) Engine<br>37.) Puzzle(2007)<br>38.) Goong (Princess Hours/Palace)<br>39.) HERO<br><br>Currently Watching DORAMA: -<br><br>1.) Gokusen series<br>2.) GTO<br>3.) They Kiss Again<br>4.) Honey and Clover<br>5.) Love Contract<br>6.) Fantasy Couple<br>7.) Gumiho (Nine-Tail Fox/Forbidden Love)<br>8.) Hello my Teacher! (Hardtack Teacher and Sugar Candy)<br>9.) Coffee Prince<br>10.) Hana-Kimi (TW-dorama)<br>11.) Wonderful Life<br>12.) Himitsu no Hanazono<br>13.) Strawberry on the Shortcake<br>14.) Lunch Queen<br>15.) Densha Otoko<br>16.) Fated to Love You (new Taiwanese Dorama)<br>17.) Maison Ikkoku SPECIAL<br>18.) Shukumei SPECIAL<br>19.) Maou<br>20.) Osen<br>21.) HERO<br>22.) Last Christmas<br>23.) Resurrection<br>24.) Zettai Kareshi<br>25.) Romeo and Juliet<br>26.) Yasuko to Kenji<br>27.) So I'm not so Handsome<br>28.) Attention Please<br><br>Anime...I was hardcore with it but I'm just laying off it for a bit....will get back to it in due course. <br><br>Hehehe...MyAnimeList......I was never able to complete it.....too long and I remember being the one who showed the site to a few others....who ended up actually doing it....anyways....I've got my one here....the link is up there...go check out my laziness....slowly at a snail pace at doing the anime list...which for me exceed over 800 watched series/OVAs/movies........yup......I've been into anime for a hefty long time now. LOL<br><br>I'm looking forward to watch (in terms of anime): -<br><br>1.) Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2<br>2.) Macross Frontier<br>3.) Vampire Knight<br>4.) Sekirei<br>5.) xxxHOLiC - Kei<br>6.) Tower of Druaga - the Aegis of Uruk<br>7.) To-LOVE-Ru<br>8.) Special A<br>9.) Itzura na Kiss<br>10.) Real Drive<br>11.) Nabari no Ou<br>12.) Shina Dark<br>13.) Soul Eater<br>14.) Blassreiter<br>15.) Crystal Blaze<br>16.) Amatsuki

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:18 AM

user posted image

Title: Telepathy Shōjo Ran
Japanese Title: テレパシー少女 蘭
Genre: Mystery, Supernatural, School-life, Slice-of-life, Fantasy
Premier: April 2008
Original Creator: Atsuko Asano
Official Website: http://www3.nhk.or.jp/anime/ran/

It is set to be a 26-episode anime. biggrin.gif

The Japanese public television network NHK-Educational will be airing an anime adaptation of the Telepathy Shōjo Ran (The Case Notes of the Telepathy Girl Ran) children’s novel series by Atsuko Asano (The Comedy Team) in the spring of 2008.

According to the Famitsu media news website, NHK-Educational is planning to air the 26-episode adaptation under the name Telepathy Shōjo Ran (Telepathy Girl Ran), but the staff and cast have yet to be announced. Kodansha’s Aoitori Bunko imprint has published eight novels in the series since 1999, and the ninth volume is being first serialized online. Wolf’s Rain manga artist Toshitsugu Iida has been serializing a manga version in Kodansha’s Monthly Shōnen Sirius magazine, and four volumes have been compiled so far. The story has also been adapted into a drama CD. Asano also wrote the original novels for The Comedy Team (The Manzai) manga that Aurora Publishing, Inc. is releasing in English.

user posted image

Plot:

The novels combine coming-of-age stories with supernatural mysteries and center around Ran, a spirited middle-school girl who happens to have extra-sensory perception. She discovers this ability when she meets a transfer student named Midori, a girl who has the same power. Before long, the two girls join Rui (Ran’s childhood friend and potential boyfriend who also has a power) and start investigating mystery cases with their abilities.
user posted image
My Incomplete Anime List =P
user posted image

Seishun Bakusou!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

LUNA is mine!!!!!!!!!!!! user posted image

TYPE-MOON Slave....TSUKIHIME ROCKSSSS!!!!

TITLES ---> JCD-Ô-SAMAのスパム! ~*JCD - His Majesty of Spam(hood)*~!! nickname given by the Lovely Orofena
Captain(Taichou) of GHFC ~*Ghost Hunt Fan Club*~!!
Proud member of NBP ~*NANA Blogish Posters*~!!
Proud member of KKA~Kawaii Kawaii Asa-sempai~!!
Proud member of MSFGFC ~*Manabi Straight Forward Go Fan Clubber*~!!
Proud member of NGEC ~*Neon Genesis Evangelion Crew*~!! (a "permanent" prisoner of the EVA thread)
Leader of YNSHFC ~*Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge Fan Club*~!!
Leader of BRFCFC ~*Busou Renkin Forever Campaign Fan Club*~!!

#2 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • 10929 posts
  • Interests:Watching anime since childhood.<br>I wait for quality releases. Need recommendations? Just ask.<br><br>Lurked Fansub TV since November 2004<br>Joined Fansub TV Forums in December 2005<br>Sempai in June 2006<br>Fansub TV Team in October 2006<br>10000th post in July 2011<br>Fansub TV Leader in January 2011<br><br>Interested in revitalizing Fansub TV Forums. Support requested.

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:18 AM

It looks like we may be in for a step backward in both animation and art style. I feel as if I may be watching this series while still around the early 2000s (2000 or 2002 ish)

Promo was streamed today and I'm decently intrigued by it, but not completely dragged towards it yet. Then again, this summer season is so far rather bland and dull with series so hopefully something will jump out, possibly this one at this point. Can't be too picky at this point I guess.

The show will premier on June 21, 2008 aka this weekend.

#3 senpai-kun

senpai-kun

-nakama

• Retired
  • 3619 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:06 PM

I just finished watching the first two episodes and they were surprisingly good. The pictures in JCD's first post made it seem like we might be in for a fluff anime but I can thankfully say I don't think that will be the case here.

It starts off like it's going to be your typical slice of life anime. You have Ran, one of the main heroine's, enjoying the company of her childhood friend Rui. Then Midori, a girl who is skilled in using telepathic powers, starts to play mind games w/Ran. Ran becomes more aware of her abilities and it leads to a nice slap scene at the end of episode one as tension between the two escalate ohmy.gif XD.

Episode two continued the back and forth confrontation between Ran and Midori (she tells Ran that others would view them as monsters) but another telepath who is using their powers to kill people around the city appears. At the end of the second episode Ran senses that Rui had been kidnapped (by the mystery telepath) and goes out to search for him.

I gotta admit I liked how this anime has started off, as long as it can keep that dark undertone, I'm definitely gonna keep this on the watch list.

#4 Juhachi

Juhachi

-Key Master にははっ~

• Sempais
  • 1959 posts
  • Location:Kami, Hyougo, Japan in the summer and Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan in the winter.
  • Interests:I'm trying to find some new unlicensed anime to add to my collection. I love anime and manga and can't get enough of it, plus I'm flexible, and will watch almost anything.<br><br>Promoted to the Sempai level on January 31, 2007.

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jun 17 2008, 10:18 PM)
It looks like we may be in for a step backward in both animation and art style.  I feel as if I may be watching this series while still around the early 2000s (2000 or 2002 ish)

Backward? After watching the first two episodes I can tell that the animation is very well-done, and probably one of the better ones of the season, if not year. The style may be a bit dated, but the novels first came out in 1999, and are still ongoing; I happen to like the style, and how it reminds me of some Ghibli films. And may I add that Kana Ueda voices Midori Naha, which is more than enough reason for me to be interested. tongue.gif
Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

#5 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • 10929 posts
  • Interests:Watching anime since childhood.<br>I wait for quality releases. Need recommendations? Just ask.<br><br>Lurked Fansub TV since November 2004<br>Joined Fansub TV Forums in December 2005<br>Sempai in June 2006<br>Fansub TV Team in October 2006<br>10000th post in July 2011<br>Fansub TV Leader in January 2011<br><br>Interested in revitalizing Fansub TV Forums. Support requested.

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (Juhachi @ Jul 01 2008, 04:49 PM)
Backward? After watching the first two episodes I can tell that the animation is very well-done, and probably one of the better ones of the season, if not year. The style may be a bit dated, but the novels first came out in 1999, and are still ongoing; I happen to like the style, and how it reminds me of some Ghibli films. And may I add that Kana Ueda voices Midori Naha, which is more than enough reason for me to be interested. tongue.gif

I have yet to watch the actual episodes myself since no one has really subbed it. Well w.0.0.f has, but they said it's not a serious project :\ or at least not a priority.

#6 Juhachi

Juhachi

-Key Master にははっ~

• Sempais
  • 1959 posts
  • Location:Kami, Hyougo, Japan in the summer and Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan in the winter.
  • Interests:I'm trying to find some new unlicensed anime to add to my collection. I love anime and manga and can't get enough of it, plus I'm flexible, and will watch almost anything.<br><br>Promoted to the Sempai level on January 31, 2007.

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jul 01 2008, 05:55 PM)
I have yet to watch the actual episodes myself since no one has really subbed it. Well w.0.0.f has, but they said it's not a serious project :\ or at least not a priority.

There were some mistakes, like a couple left out words, but overall it was a good translation of the first two episodes, and didn't detract from watching them, so if you have time I'd recommend at least watching the first two episodes. w.0.0.f. may change their mind and make it a priority.

#7 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • 10929 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (Juhachi @ Jul 01 2008, 04:59 PM)
There were some mistakes, like a couple left out words, but overall it was a good translation of the first two episodes, and didn't detract from watching them, so if you have time I'd recommend at least watching the first two episodes. w.0.0.f. may change their mind and make it a priority.

lol and we all know that w.0.0.f = baka-wolf and m.3.3.w. Don't know if they can take up a third project simultaneously considering they're already doing Itazura na Kiss and Special A. But who knows. I'm definetely going to watch it, but it's not a priority for me either at the moment laugh.gif

#8 senpai-kun

senpai-kun

-nakama

• Retired
  • 3619 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:16 PM

Well IDK, I have to say the animation is not really on par w/plenty other newer animes. In other words, if you only like animes with superb animation this isn't one of it's strong points. I would say it's animation quality around, but a little above, the anime Noein. I wouldn't be stuck on the animation though as I think the story will stand on it's own. As long as this anime doesn't turn into a slice of life anime with Ran and Midori shopping episodes rolleyes.gif I like the prospects.

#9 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • 10929 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:16 AM

I must say, I am indeed rather impressed with this show compared to several others this summer season so far. The first two episodes were quite decent and really drew my attention. Art, animation, and music aside, I'm liking the storyline concept a lot.

#10 biankita

biankita

-dono

• Retired
  • 791 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:55 PM

Kit-Tsukasa, I agree that this is one of the better anime this season compared to everything else that has been released

The concept of the anime is pretty interesting but it's nothing new anymore. Genki girl, guy in love with genki girl but can't say it, evil girl who turns BFF and they use their powers to solve the town's mysteries... As good as it sounds, when I watched the first two episodes, it turned out too cheesy for me...

OFF-TOPIC: I seem to be blasting and hating too many anime this season.

#11 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • 10929 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:01 AM

Looks like Bakawolf may actually be seriously taking up this project now (hopes for xvid and revised versions of ep 1 and 2) rolleyes.gif

Episode 3 was good.  Lots of action and plot development.  This is clearly a superior series than most in the summer season and definetely worth watching.  Episode 3 pretty much solidified that.  Episode 4 seems interesting.  With 26 episodes to this series, I can see the plot developing really well and smoothly at the current pace.  And Midori = win!

#12 senpai-kun

senpai-kun

-nakama

• Retired
  • 3619 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (biankita @ Jul 11 2008, 01:55 PM)
OFF-TOPIC: I seem to be blasting and hating too many anime this season.

Ya know I was accused of being over critical about animes during the spring season. But aren't we all just critics, deriving from the word critical? Freedom of Speech and the Privilege to blast any anime we find lacking of a reasonable plot! or simply just don't like haha... ah but I digress... *climbs off soapbox* V-XD.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jul 12 2008, 01:01 AM)
Looks like Bakawolf may actually be seriously taking up this project now (hopes for xvid and revised versions of ep 1 and 2)   

Episode 3  was good.  Lots of action and plot development.  This is clearly a superior series than most in the summer season and definetely worth watching.  Episode 3 pretty much solidified that.  Episode 4 seems interesting.  With 26 episodes to this series, I can see the plot developing really well and smoothly at the current pace.  And Midori = win!

I couldn't agree more with your Midori formula XD. Doesn't she sorta resemble a younger version of Natsuki (mai-hime fame)? Ran is still a real noob when it comes to using her telepathic powers. As evidence when she charged the masked sensei and Midori was like wtf?! haha. So much for the plan to combine their powers. I was also amused by goofy aniki (Ran's) when he didn't even flinch after learning about Ran's abilities. I would have been like BAKEMONO! heheh. I just hope that this anime doesn't become a "Power of friendship" anime. I like the dark tone and especially the sensei. She killed her lover for trying to break up with her NANI?! ohmy.gif Talk about a women scorned.

#13 senpai-kun

senpai-kun

-nakama

• Retired
  • 3619 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:04 PM

Episode four was pretty solid. There were several amusing Midori scenes and witty comments. The quote of the episode was by Midori, "If I'm not cute than there are no cute girls in this world." Haha very arrogant but she makes it work. It was hilarious how she got so familiar w/Ran's family after getting lovu lovu heart eyes for her aniki (I did not see that personality 360 coming at all lol). Too bad for aniki but that might be illegal if he gets any ideas.

The rest of the episode Ran and the gang go to this mysterious village. Ran goes mushy over some thoughts of her and Rui (she is surprisingly girlie at times). The girls keep having visions of some shady doings that happened at the village. Plus some foreshadowing of a possible incident to come.

#14 Barbobot

Barbobot

-the Pirate King

• Fansub TV Team
  • 4327 posts
  • Interests:Barbobot's Anime List:
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Barbobot

www.animecalendar.net

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:08 PM

It was pretty excellent seeing Midori so extremely out of character when she met Rin and Ran's parents. She was just completely smitten with Rin. Did not see that coming at all. The rest of the episode filled with mystery. Most definitely something up with Yurie.  We saw a vision of her falling from a cliff, Takizawa (is that his name) seemed to become a bit distant when asked about any similar incidents, other villager's response to Midori when she mentioned Yurie's name, and Sanae showing his/her fangs at Yurie despite Takizawa previously saying that Sanae clung to her like she was his/her mother.  Magic from the emahi grass perhaps?

#15 AccipiterF1

AccipiterF1

-sama

• Fansub TV Team
  • 1566 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:43 PM

What! What! What? Midori falls for Ran's jowly older brother? You would think someone so full of herself would have higher standards. wink.gif

#16 AccipiterF1

AccipiterF1

-sama

• Fansub TV Team
  • 1566 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:28 AM

Well that was a great story arc for Telepathy Scooby Ran.

user posted image

All it was missing was the rubber mask. rolleyes.gif

#17 motormind

motormind

-san

• Kouhais
  • 322 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:12 PM

So it's over. I have a bit mixed feelings about this series. It would have been much better if they would have skipped the silly Scooby Doo plots and spent more time on the relationships between characters. The arc about the snow girl was cute and the last one was promising, but sadly suffered from the "all humans are bastards" shtick.

I especially found the character of Rui very irritating, since he bored me to death and actually got in the way of the relationship between Ran and Midori, preventing it from from ever rising above the "best friends forever" level. Hey, romantic two girl friendship worked very well in similar series (i.e. Pretty Cure) and you know the old adagio: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Ah well... all in all it was a good watch and who knows: maybe Ran will dump that guy's boring-as-hell ass in the next season.

#18 Juhachi

Juhachi

-Key Master にははっ~

• Sempais
  • 1959 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (motormind @ Dec 31 2008, 08:12 AM)
It would have been much better if they would have skipped the silly Scooby Doo plots and spent more time on the relationships between characters.

The anime was adapted from a series of mystery novels for kids, so I don't know why you would expect anything less than what we got.

For all it was worth, it wasn't that great a series. Some of the episodes had great situations, though with a plot-based series, most of the characters didn't get much development beyond Midori in the first couple of episodes turning good. I was never really that interested in watching the series, but stuck with it to the end. One of the good things about the series was the recurring theme of fear of being different and overcoming it, which was a good theme for a show targeted towards a younger group of people.

I didn't find Rui irritating, but a little out of place. But hey, having Kana Ueda and Emiri Katou voice two of the main characters was enough to keep me for the long haul.

#19 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • 10929 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:23 AM

The first few episodes of the series were good...but I didn't like everything else in the middle...it seemed like a waste as it had no real deep plot development.  I understand it was based off children novels so I expected the whole good guys always winning thing with telepathy powers saving the day and magic powers, etc....However, the lack of a concrete storyline made it really boring and uninteresting, especially in the final episode where the supposed "villain" from the first few episode was suddenly brought back and is related to the old lady around episode 22.

I also didn't like the whole Scooby Doo feel to it....was hoping for a bit more development on the idea of telepathy, but we clearly didn't get much except one case after the other.  All in all, the series was mostly bland...Nothing fantastic about it, but nothing horrendous about it5/10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users