Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Natsume Yuujinchou, Supernatural, Fantasy

Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 
warita200 -RETIRED-   Retired Jan 03 2012, 09:24 AM Quote
Seen the first episode and it seems the fourth season will revolve around Natsumes conflict with the Matoba-clan. It is also possible, that the fourth season will also be marked by a fierce fight against power hungry youkais as suggested by Nyanko sensei. I wouldnt mind that at all since the 3rd season was a bit bland in terms of suspense and action.
Not much else to say other that I am happy to see another season of this sweet and heart warming series. biggrin.gif

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Jan 04 2012, 09:54 AM Quote
The first ep of Shi did the two things right the third season didnt. First its about the Book of Friends again and second there was Taki in it ^^

Natsume is in a really bad position. On the one side there is the Matoba clan and on the other side yokais and this time Madara isnt powerful enough to get him out of there.

ImTakes ~Springtime~Otaku~   Sempais Jan 04 2012, 02:58 PM Quote
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Jan 04 2012, 07:54 AM)
Natsume is in a really bad position. On the one side there is the Matoba clan and on the other side yokais and this time Madara isnt powerful enough to get him out of there.

A good and refreshing new take with season four, Ossi-san. The Matoba Clan is old and very knowledgeable in many more ways than Natsume could ever be...here's hoping he will have a more realistic and rougher time of it. Madara...all knowing, will be there too but he is now in danger himself of being caught and by a very cunning enemy no less; one who uses both youkai and humans to do his bidding...I hope it stays that way. wink.gif

Life is grand with a glass in hand~~~ user posted image
user posted image
*~MAL~*

user posted image 2009 FTV Awards
user posted image 2008 FTV Awards

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Jan 04 2012, 08:10 PM Quote
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Jan 04 2012, 10:54 AM)

Oh, no doubt Natsume will befriend the youkai as usual and close the incident with a semi-happy ending.

ImTakes ~Springtime~Otaku~   Sempais Jan 04 2012, 08:48 PM Quote
QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jan 04 2012, 06:10 PM)
Oh, no doubt Natsume will befriend the youkai as usual and close the incident with a semi-happy ending.

^ Perhaps, but that would soon become boring and predictable with that same old formula all over again...of course, we already know the youkai who are after the Book of Friends aren't really mean as they are just looking out for their Master "of the Forest" who is said to want to save said forest...now, if the Matoba Clan can kill a few of them and spread their innards around as a warning to the other youkai, well, now, that would be quite the dark story. tongue.gif

user posted image
*~MAL~*

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Jan 04 2012, 11:30 PM Quote
As nice as this series is, it's not like its mini-plots are usually unpredictable.

ImTakes ~Springtime~Otaku~   Sempais Feb 06 2012, 10:08 PM Quote
QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jan 04 2012, 09:30 PM)
As nice as this series is, it's not like its mini-plots are usually unpredictable.

^ An understatement if ever, but this one is still worth a great watch as I just love Nyanko-sensi and his wild Sake drinking ways. This latest effort was just so much fun as he impersonates our hero and wants some Sake with his din-din. Too funny...as much as I was hoping for a little bit of the dark side with Natsume and Nyanko-sensei taking on the Matoba Clan...looks like it ain't gonna happen, yet. Maybe in season 5 or 6...we'll see. user posted image
More Sake, please!user posted image
My favorite line? Why this one..."You smell delicious." I had a good laugh over that line...user posted image

JCDRANZER - Sky King - Ô-SAMAのスパム!   Fansub TV Team Feb 07 2012, 07:07 AM Quote
I've only watched 2 seasons of this series but now there's 4, I've known of this for a while but I was just checking out the pages of this thread and it's only in page 4 of this thread that season 3 is mentioned and then talked about it ending, season 4 was mentioned on the same page. All in one page of a thread. There's only 5 pages and season 4 started in January, this thread NEEDS more love and attention. I hope this series gets a 5th season just for lulz, I do enjoy watching Natsume's adventures. According to mangaupdates, both the 1st season and 2nd season used about 3 volumes worth of manga, there are about 12 volumes now, let's say the 3rd season used up 3 volumes worth of manga material and the 4th volumes does too. It will be a while before there is enough material for a 5th season if they do it like "3 volumes per season". rolleyes.gif

I think I will watch the 3rd season some time soon. biggrin.gif

user posted image
My Incomplete Anime List =P
user posted image
user posted image

Seishun Bakusou!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

LUNA is mine!!!!!!!!!!!! user posted image

TYPE-MOON Slave....TSUKIHIME ROCKSSSS!!!!

TITLES ---> JCD-Ô-SAMAのスパム! ~*JCD - His Majesty of Spam(hood)*~!! nickname given by the Lovely Orofena
Captain(Taichou) of GHFC ~*Ghost Hunt Fan Club*~!!
Proud member of NBP ~*NANA Blogish Posters*~!!
Proud member of KKA~Kawaii Kawaii Asa-sempai~!!
Proud member of MSFGFC ~*Manabi Straight Forward Go Fan Clubber*~!!
Proud member of NGEC ~*Neon Genesis Evangelion Crew*~!! (a "permanent" prisoner of the EVA thread)
Leader of YNSHFC ~*Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge Fan Club*~!!
Leader of BRFCFC ~*Busou Renkin Forever Campaign Fan Club*~!!

ImTakes ~Springtime~Otaku~   Sempais Feb 07 2012, 12:23 PM Quote
^ Capitano! Glad you may start to re-watch this one again. A very easy on the eyes...most enjoyable series. No serious drama unless one keeps hoping that Natsume-kun will one day truly be honest with himself and with the people who care about him. It seems that out of fear and trepidation and the continued longing of "wanting to protect" the folks he cares about, he continues to keep silent. I think he needs to trust more of those same people and give then a little more credit...I mean after four seasons...one does start to wonder. But hey this is anime fantasy after all and I do love my Nyanko-sensei (never get bored of seeing that furry rascal) tongue.gif I hope we can eventually see him in his human form as I know he is a real Youkai beauty. wink.gif
The only drama would be to see how the folks Natsume cares about would react to his "special gifts" but for some reason, I don't think a big deal will come of it since they may be on to him already and are just waiting for him to just fess up. rolleyes.gif wink.gif

user posted image
*~MAL~*

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Feb 07 2012, 05:51 PM Quote
The problem with this show, and slice-of-life-shows in general (and I count this show as a slice-of-life-show), is that there almost never is really something to talk about happening. A bit her a bit there but just not enough.

julezia-chibi   Fansub TV Team Feb 08 2012, 10:28 PM Quote
Well we could talk about how hilarious the latest episode was? I laughed so hard! Nyanko-sensei failing at impersonating Natsume is the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. biggrin.gif He doesn't even try to get Natsume's goody-two-shoes behaviour down pat.
Poor Natsume, how will he explain his peculiar behavior to his friends and family who haven't the slightest idea of what he's going through?
I like that Tanuma came through for him, to show Natsume that there are some people he can rely on.

user posted image
Top Favourites
1. Nisemonogatari
2. Chihayafuru
3. Another
4. Aquarion Evol
5. Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

My Anime List

ImTakes ~Springtime~Otaku~   Sempais Feb 14 2012, 08:56 PM Quote
Hottie, Natori's theme song is always fun (as is his bishie sparkle)....he appears just in time to save N-kun and T-kun from certain Youkai disaster...and there is my kawaii Nyanko-sensei. too busy stealing...er...I mean, helping himself to grilled squid and Sake...a cunning fat calico cat if ever there was one...and all while trying to sneak into the Youkai banquet. No wonder he excused himself to feast. tongue.gif wink.gif

ImTakes ~Springtime~Otaku~   Sempais Mar 19 2012, 08:38 PM Quote
Man...oh man...what an ending to the latest episode and we only have one left for this current season. How can Nyanko sensei not tell that Natsume-kun has been possessed by that creepy youkai that lives in a home he once was living in? I was taken aback when it came out of nowhere too as Natsume almost makes it to his childhood home and then...bamn! Gonna be on the edge of my seat til next week's final episode. I read we will be made privy to another season too...here's hoping those aren't just rumors since he still has to tell his "foster" parents just who he is and what he sees... wink.gif

user posted image
*~MAL~*

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Mar 26 2012, 02:22 PM Quote
Aww, it's over. A shame, really, I think they should keep making this show. "Excellent" as usual.

ImTakes ~Springtime~Otaku~   Sempais Mar 26 2012, 02:26 PM Quote
QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 26 2012, 01:22 PM)
Aww, it's over. A shame, really, I think they should keep making this show. "Excellent" as usual.

Agreed...rumor has it the manga is still running but not sure how much material is left to animate for another season...regardless, t'was a grand adventure and one I truly enjoyed taking. My love for Nyanko-sensei is one of undying devotion... wink.gif 8/10

Enjeh-chan   Mar 26 2012, 03:33 PM Quote
We will most likely have to wait a while before we see a fifth season, 12 volumes have been released and with this they have covered up to the 11'th I believe. :)

This post has been edited by Enjeh on Mar 26 2012, 03:33 PM

Ausdoerrt-sama   Fansub TV Team Mar 26 2012, 03:39 PM Quote
My love for Nyanko-sensei is one of undying devotion...  8/10

You need to get a Taki-chan avy and sig tongue.gif

ImTakes ~Springtime~Otaku~   Sempais Mar 26 2012, 05:30 PM Quote
QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 26 2012, 02:39 PM)
You need to get a Taki-chan avy and sig tongue.gif

The one thing I envied Natsume for was his being able to attend all of those great Youkai parties...damn, if they were not the best to be had anywhere...the music playing, my precious Nyanko-sensei dancing and drinking until the wee hours of the Youkai morn...free flowing Sake was to be had anywhere, anytime. Time stood still...deep, ever so deep, in those Youkai filled hills of emerald green grass and jewel colored, swaying flowers...ah! A life one can only dream about... tongue.gif

user posted image
*~MAL~*

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Apr 01 2012, 04:02 PM Quote
And another season of Natsume Yuujinchou is over again.
Theres not much to say except maybe that it was slightly better than the third since it was a bit more about Reiko and Natsume past again. But still not as much as I wanted.

I hope the "The End" at the end doesnt mean its the end of this franchise because that would be a huge disappointment. But it could be since the last ep had a real "The End"-feeling.

8/10 from me.

Done with moving, now trying to catch up.

My Animelist

Top 5 of currently airing TV-series:(01.04.12)
Waiting for new season to roll in and time to actually watch it ^^

ImTakes ~Springtime~Otaku~   Sempais Apr 01 2012, 04:39 PM Quote
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Apr 01 2012, 03:02 PM)
I hope the "The End" at the end doesnt mean its the end of this franchise because that would be a huge disappointment. But it could be since the last ep had a real "The End"-feeling.

8/10 from me.

I am of the same opinion as you, Ossi-san as far as "THE END" goes. There was lots that was left unanswered that imo, would have made for a darker series and yet, still lighthearted in the end. What of the famed Matoba clan? Why was Natsume let go by the heir of said clan? Was he a softie after all and if so, what was the point of killing all of those youkai? Was was the point of pursuing Natsume and Nyanko-sensei as if he meant to do them harm or was it just mere curiosity? Strange...That part of the story was just swept under the rug...that is a disappointment on my end.
The other unanswered and brushed over neglected storyline is the resolution of Natsume coming clean with his foster parents. Have they just suspected all along? Is there a secret that was revealed to them and they just take his eccentric behavior for granted? Ah well...may never get those answers but one never knows. wink.gif

user posted image
*~MAL~*

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (6) 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll