Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Hajime no Ippo, New Challenger

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 4 
franzoir-sama   Sempais Sep 25 2008, 11:45 AM Quote
Well for those that care one of the best sports anime ive ever seen is coming out with a new anime series.

In a surprise annoucement of the 42nd shounen manga confirmed a second series of Hajime no ippo.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...o-tv-in-january

Jyoji "George" Morikawa said they would make another series if US support was strong, looks like US responded.This gives me hope for other series that were cut short. I would love to see a new series of gantz as well but thats just wishful thinking and i live in the Uk so i have no say. dry.gif

I am trying to be heroic...in an age of modernity
I am trying to be heroic
As all around me...history sinks
So I enjoy
and I devour
Flesh and wine and luxury
But in my heart...I am lukewarm
Nothing ever...really
touches me

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.
user posted image
Best superhero show ever!

anbu-black-ops-san   Sep 26 2008, 12:25 PM Quote
the first time i saw this news on ANN, i was so excited. im a sports anime fan. so ill be sure to check this out once it comes out. the last one was never finished...it was a good boxing anime. i like the demsey roll ippo does...

Teammoney-san   Sep 28 2008, 11:36 PM Quote
^ Same here. I'm so pumped for this show! I love watching all of the episodes and was sad they ended it. It's such a great boxing anime. Anyway, I'm glad it's back and I hope someone subs it.

iskone-chi   Sep 29 2008, 11:06 PM Quote
Oh hell yeah!!!

Hajime no Ippo is the best damn sports anime ever!!!

LOL, I don't even play games anymore (for years) but me and a buddy of mine got all pumped when ippo came to the Wii so we ran out and bought it, beer and Ippo don't mix btw.

franzoir-sama   Sempais Jan 08 2009, 02:50 AM Quote
Yay its finally started, i just watched the first episode.

I must say i was a bit disappointed at the lack of the explosive start as its pretty much starts off where champion road left it. I was expecting something of a naruto shippuuden calibre. Also the first episode does nothing to initiate newcomers to the series.

Positives were that i really like the op and ed, i also think it climaxed well. Cant wait for some future fights like Takamura vs Bryan hawk. Should be awesome.
Lots of potential for the future.

I am trying to be heroic
So I enjoy
and I devour
Nothing ever...really
touches me

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.
user posted image

Episode 1
Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Jan 08 2009, 02:59 AM

damienstryker-dono   Sempais Jan 08 2009, 03:04 AM Quote
Darn... I wanted to be the first to report on it... Guess I was a little slow. A heh heh...

Anywho, it was a great first ep! Ippo is not a show that was meant for epic battles right away, at least not in my opinion. I actually did the impossible and watched the whole thing, Champion Road OVA, and Kimura's OVA from Christmas to New Years... just to prep for this ep. This is one for those who were there from the beginning!

I dunno when FTV will get it... but I know for a fact that everyone will love it a whole lot when they do see it. Ippo... isn't Naruto and never will be... but that's what makes sports animes special. All of them are bound by the same limitations and no one is overstepping those boundaries. All the tactics and techniques are ones that are engrained into the very essence of the sport. I'd go out on a limb as say that if you have NOT seen the series before this... that you might want to not watch this until then because Ippo is a journey... not a detour.

Fans of the series will love where it's going and the pace stays true...

Newcomers will see a lot of catching up and wonder what the heck had just happened. It's that simple. happy.gif ;

user posted image

It's time to welcome in a new era... one without rules... a new era... of anime!
user posted image

Adhering to the rules... something that I will have to learn a little more about. :P ... A Work In Progress at all times. ^_^;

franzoir-sama   Sempais Jan 08 2009, 03:36 AM Quote
QUOTE (damienstryker @ Jan 08 2009, 03:04 AM)
I dunno when FTV will get it... but I know for a fact that everyone will love it a whole lot when they do see it. Ippo... isn't Naruto and never will be... but that's what makes sports animes special. All of them are bound by the same limitations and no one is overstepping those boundaries. All the tactics and techniques are ones that are engrained into the very essence of the sport. I'd go out on a limb as say that if you have NOT seen the series before this... that you might want to not watch this until then because Ippo is a journey... not a detour.

Hmm ok bad comparison, a better one would be the intro to champion road, now that was epic. Its been about a good six years since the last series ended, i would of just imagined they would of tried to do something more dramatic in order to get the pace back instead of pretending the six year gap never existed.

anbu-black-ops-san   Jan 08 2009, 09:48 AM Quote
finally!

i might wait alittle bit before watching this show, since these series starts slow at first. building the story towards a tournament/championship arc. plus there will be alot of boxing training in between...

i wonder if we gonna see a little romance here in ippo's life...

Prideless-san   Sempais Jan 08 2009, 10:21 AM Quote
Man I loved Ippo been waiting for this for a few months. Did anyone notice that Kumi's voice changed lol. Different VA I suppose.

I heard this season is only a mere 13 episodes. =_=' I could be wrong.

As for Strong US Support? What is this you speak of? It never was licensed in the U.S.?

I find it interesting how they kept the same original artwork and made everything else look better with todays other anime.

I do hope this goes for over 70. This is someone to look forward too.

This anime is simply epic.

Click the link below to my Tutorial Thread in how to Enhance your Anime Experience with your Graphics Card.
http://boards.fansub.tv/?act=ST&f=24&t=9252&st=0#entry280724

user posted image Click Sig Image to Youtube Page.
user posted image

RKO_Legend-chan   Jan 08 2009, 08:25 PM Quote
I feel very lucky that I started watching Ippo a few months ago,, and now there's a new season. Anyway I've been reading the manga so I'm kinda suffering from an overdose of Miyata, but so far everything looks great. I can't wait to see the world fights (Ricardo Martinez kicks ass. But I also like Date unsure.gif There's over 50 volumes worth of stuff that is not animated so I hope this series goes on longer than 13 episodes.

[CENTER]user posted image[/CENTER]

brn8   Jan 09 2009, 05:51 AM Quote
Okay i signed up just to say this is unbelievable..in a good way lol.
I have seen every episode of the ..I guess last series, is anyone else as excited as I am?
I knew this show had more to it and thankfully i was right haha.

Prideless-san   Sempais Jan 09 2009, 06:30 AM Quote
they already have an ippo thread about 6 bump threads below lol.

franzoir-sama   Sempais Jan 09 2009, 09:04 AM Quote
I have no source but when i was researching it last year i was under the impression it would run for 90 episodes. ANN only says they have 13 episode titles but doesnt talk about the duration. Considering what happens in the manga 13 episodes seems ridiculous, 90 episodes seems much more realistic to cover takamura vs hawk Ippo vs that devil guy and the intro of Itakagi and his journey not to mention training.

I am trying to be heroic
So I enjoy
and I devour
Nothing ever...really
touches me

user posted image

senpai-kun-nakama   Fansub TV Team Jan 09 2009, 12:39 PM Quote
Alright I'm a novice when it comes to Hajime no ippo but I luvs me a good sports anime. So basically I've been thinking about investing the time (76 episodes + ovas wooh! that's a fairly lengthy investment) lately since it seems to be getting positive feedback in this thread.

So I have a format type question in how the series is setup/plays out. Are the episodes centered specifically around one fight after another or is there some slice of life to the anime. Like for instance focus on the main/secondary characters away from the ring?

user posted image
It's too big (big), It's too wide (wide), It's too strong (strong), It won't fit (fit), It's too much (much), It's too tough (tough) Senpai talk like this cause he can back it up (In 3rd-person), He got a big ego, Such a huge ego (see ftv awards below), We love his big ego, it's too much, Senpai walk like this 'cause he can back it up! (Parody of Beyoncé - Ego)
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

damienstryker-dono   Sempais Jan 09 2009, 01:09 PM Quote
Welp... it's all about the trip and not the final outcome. There are eps of them outside of boxing scenarios... and there are those with them entrenched in training and mental preparation.

If anything, if one's impatient... then this series will drag on them from the start. It's all about putting in the effort and the like.

So to answer the question, there are moments of slice of life thrown in with the fights. In my opinion, they are some of the better episodes because they aren't heavy on the training and prep. happy.gif

user posted image

It's time to welcome in a new era... one without rules... a new era... of anime!
user posted image

Adhering to the rules... something that I will have to learn a little more about. :P ... A Work In Progress at all times. ^_^;

franzoir-sama   Sempais Jan 09 2009, 01:13 PM Quote
QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Jan 09 2009, 12:39 PM)
Alright I'm a novice when it comes to Hajime no ippo but I luvs me a good sports anime. So basically I've been thinking about investing the time (76 episodes + ovas wooh! that's a fairly lengthy investment) lately since it seems to be getting positive feedback in this thread.

So I have a format type question in how the series is setup/plays out. Are the episodes centered specifically around one fight after another or is there some slice of life to the anime. Like for instance focus on the main/secondary characters away from the ring?

No way hajimi no ippo would be as popular if it was just fight centric.

Basically a good natured boy who developes an affinity for boxing. Obviously the contradiction of this is explored. Thrown together with themes of bullying sempais in his gym but a lying undertone of comradeship/friendship. Inspiring coaching. Intense rivalry/friendship set up from the get go. Love interest in his opponent sister, who just so happens likes to torture people in the ring. Coupled with bad Karoke nights and toilet humor about whose *manhood* is bigger. Nicely summed up.

But at the end of the day it is about what it takes to become a champion and the story of a true underdog. This is why its the best sports manga ever IMO. Give it a try, im sure you wont be disappointed. wink.gif

I am trying to be heroic
So I enjoy
and I devour
Nothing ever...really
touches me

user posted image

Prideless-san   Sempais Jan 09 2009, 01:19 PM Quote
aye the ippo series is EPIC.

you wont get bored if you like sports anime, if i recalled when i did watch it last year i did feel an adrenaline rush lol from time to time >_>

its really good you wont be disappointed.

you basically see the growth of ippo through his journey.

The humor in Ippo is top notch and the fights are amazing.

Vicepuma-dono   Sempais Jan 11 2009, 05:24 PM Quote
QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Jan 09 2009, 08:39 PM)

It's just pure awesomeness and it's actually pretty funny as well so you'll get a few rofl moments.

Other then that franz kinda sums it up it's a Japanese rocky tongue.gif

senpai-kun-nakama   Fansub TV Team Jan 11 2009, 06:26 PM Quote
QUOTE (Vicepuma @ Jan 11 2009, 06:24 PM)
It's just pure awesomeness and it's actually pretty funny as well so you'll get a few rofl moments.

Other then that franz kinda sums it up it's a Japanese rocky tongue.gif

The japanese Rocky huh?! IDK if that's a good thing or a bad thing I'll have to ponder that for a bit lmao. Though now when I randomly shout Adrriene! for the next day or two I'll have you to blame for it tongue.gif Anywho thnx guys for the recommendation (wow glowing I might add) I'll start watching as soon as my download finishes since it's officially bumped up to the top of my watchlist.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jan 09 2009, 02:13 PM)
Coupled with bad Karoke nights and toilet humor about whose *manhood* is bigger. Nicely summed up.
Yeah I concur I was pretty much sold at about this point lmao. Well done ^__^

XDie-Sama-san   Jan 12 2009, 12:08 AM Quote
Boxing fans are doing a great injustice not watching this show. It hasn't lost its step whatsoever.

I guess you can call Ippo a Japanese Rocky because his tenacious nature resembles that of Rocky. The one thing that I still laugh at till this day is how Ippo "created" the Dempsey Roll.

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 4  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll